• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns: Season 3

Trve, trve...
Guess we'll just have to wait for someone powerfully autistic enough to make a Dwarf Fortess mod instead.

Child Backstory:War refugee
Adult backstory: Imperial priest
Traits:
Cannibal
Though
Occultist
Joyous
Pretty

Skill:
Social and cooking.

Epicurius XIII comes from an extremely long lineage of nobles, wich eventually fell into poverty and ruin after a long war and series of catastrophes fell upon their once prosperous land. Forced to flee and living as a war refugee as a child he found himself needing to resort to extreme means in order to survive, and picked up a few "unusual" habits.
Eventually he found comfort in the gospel, studying to become an imperial priest, but somewhere amidst that, he received a revelation from a certain entity that caused him to turn towards a crooked, dark path...

I thought you have anomaly dlc lol, ignore void things in my trait if you not gonna buy it.
the unfortunate reality is that occasionally I must make the piteous decision between the three necessary purchases: bills, food, or Rimworld: Anomaly DLC

DM me

• @Epiccheev: War Refugee childhood, Imperial Priest adulthood, tough, pretty, joyful, cannibal. He ******* loves social and... cooking... as a cannibal. Huh.
The other pawns trying Epicurius' cooking:
gourmet-shit.gif

Bro has a skull as his flag and doesn't know how to be a pirate 😭
I would wager I'm in the minority of the users on this forum that have torrented something, really. Never done a Steam crack, though, mostly content with what I got.

Also, for those familiar, you guys have never really tinkered with Xenotypes before but if you want to be a particular Xenotype in the base game, just say so- Lawie is already one of those Wookie fellows, so. I don't advise something like Hussar, as our ideology prohibits the use of drugs, so either you'll die or hate life.

Also, for those familiar, you guys have never really tinkered with Xenotypes before but if you want to be a particular Xenotype in the base game, just say so- Lawie is already one of those Wookie fellows, so. I don't advise something like Hussar, as our ideology prohibits the use of drugs, so either you'll die or hate life.
We can't smok weed?
Dammit

I doubt my current character will be good at combat compared to his previous iteration, so make him a dirtmole I guess.

I keep thinking it'd be fun to participate in these and then realize I have to go through all the backgrounds, of which there are way too many

There's an alternative.

Pick a couple skills you think sound like fun, and tell me 'em. Then tell me whether you're Tribal/Medieval/Pre-Industrial/Post-Industrial/Spacer. I'll then just pick backstories that work with those parameters.

Guess looking over the skills,

Spacer with a focus on crafting, mining and construction, whatever the mechs mentioned are seem like a pretty fun thing to be responsible for and it probably fits best for a character tied to me to have his combat contributions to consist of toiling in a cave typing into machines to make more machines

We have our preemptively claimed Mechlord, understood. You don't start with mech stuff, there's a particular event that pops up that allows you to imbue a colonist with the proper brain chip to run 'em; shall pass it to you when it comes around.

Child Backstory:War refugee
Adult backstory: Imperial priest
Traits:
Cannibal
Though
Occultist
Joyous
Pretty

Skill:
Social and cooking.

Epicurius XIII comes from an extremely long lineage of nobles, wich eventually fell into poverty and ruin after a long war and series of catastrophes fell upon their once prosperous land. Forced to flee and living as a war refugee as a child he found himself needing to resort to extreme means in order to survive, and picked up a few "unusual" habits.
Eventually he found comfort in the gospel, studying to become an imperial priest, but somewhere amidst that, he received a revelation from a certain entity that caused him to turn towards a crooked, dark path...
As a note, the two War Refugee childhood paths create a weird situation.

One makes you a pacifist. Can't fight at all.

The other makes it so you can't do a number of tasks, including Social, your request.

Do feel free to pick one or the other, or swap out.

(In case it isn't obvious, I'm setting up the pawns now)

As a note, the two War Refugee childhood paths create a weird situation.

One makes you a pacifist. Can't fight at all.

The other makes it so you can't do a number of tasks, including Social, your request.

Do feel free to pick one or the other, or swap out.

(In case it isn't obvious, I'm setting up the pawns now)
pacifist run time.

I definitely began playing even though Eggman, Psycho, and Grave have expressed interest in joining, but at time of typing, haven't yet specified their pawns. I wanna play, damn it.
  • Beginning the save, we look for a seed for the planet that has been used a lot before, as this will produce more ruins from the Real Ruins mod: bases players themselves made on their own games that we can invade and loot. That sounds excessively fun. Among the rejects (300 or less Real Ruins) are "****", "foreverwar", "konstantin", "poopoo", "ashes", "crane", and finally we land on "black" (we were just random-genning those last ones). black has 1772 entries, which is NUTS. We will have to attack and kill most of these, as they will be defended by people... and our goal is Death. EDIT: I've since changed our map size to Large, thought it'd be fun, turns out that also filters the maps. We're down to like 250. Still, a good number, I'm using it, because I've found an incredible tile. Defense should be easy. A growing season of 40/60 days is as good as it gets on Golgohrra.
  • Our spawn just has an Undead Dragon hanging around, that has apparently lived here for almost 1,000 years. We will kill it post-haste, because I don't know how ****** up that thing is. There's also a few lesser undead hanging around; ghouls and skeletons populate the map edges, making me uneasy. We'll test the guns on them soon enough.
  • @Crabwhale and @Shmooply took to carving out what will become the heart of our facility; we spent about 45 minutes planning out the skeleton of the place, with some finer details yet to work out (where to place a gene lab/growth vat chamber, for example). That's future stuff, for now we just need to get a damn throne up.
  • Meanwhile, a huge slew of you began work on a crop field, because I'm scared of the food situation. @Rakih_Elyan and @Armorchompy were planting chickpeas as emergency first rations whilst @Arceus0x @DMUA @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch and @Lawiegg tilled the land to make it more fertile (we will need this). We got reasonably lucky in terms of fertile soil availability at the outset so we're going to be riding that as far as it can take us.
  • We spawned with a ton of industrial tents, so the main thing now is getting proper housing before people lose their shit, as well as a nice rec room/dining hall. Until then, everyone is miserable; an unforeseen side effect of spawning with 20 pawns with combat gear is that, basically, our colony wealth is already high enough that they want a good living standard, even though they sleep in tents. So platoon morale is quite low.
  • The upside to such a fact of life is that a lot is getting done in a short span of time. Already a large field of crops is prepared, and I'm working on envisioning more, until hydroponics is online.
  • @Lawiegg has tamed our first animal, a Spectral Horse that was roaming around the border of the map. We don't actually have a pen yet, but we have the ghost-horse, and that's really all that matters.
  • A series of mental breaks (@DMUA went on a food binge, @Arceus0x decided to punch people in the head until we stopped him, @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch sorta just wandered around awhile, etc) has put our emotions are on track, with a lot of the colony having a catharsis (and thus being emotionally stable for awhile).
  • This is a war campaign, after all. Our first event has occurred, with a hostile frigate run by the mechanoids landing on the planet a ways away from where we live. One of our earlier objectives will be to storm it and destroy it.
  • Despite neither being gay or having something that would cause it, @Arceus0x tried to flirt with @Tllmbrg very early, by talking about... conflict, of course. I didn't even know that was possible, I'm a bit mystified.
For now, work continues on making a half-decent base. I include an image of my plans for the facility below, rough as they are. All of your pawns (minus Psycho and Eggman, because they haven't actually specified their pawns yet, and Crab because he's just the same guy from S1) can be found in a gallery here. I've preemptively color coded people by rank. The two best soldiers (Llamas and @Arceus0x) are given the rank of captain and wear crimson garb. @Rakih_Elyan and Grave play significant support roles outside of combat and are so lieutenants. Finally, @Epiccheev is the Chaplain, as he is a priest and cannot fight. He'll carry his weight one way or another. We also have three Ignotus Grunts to soak up hits in the early game.

Welcome to Golgohrra, gentlemen.

2PWr61w.png

A growing season of 40/60 days is as good as it gets on Golgohrra.
Man, living in Gonorrhea is tough
@Arceus0x decided to punch people in the head until we stopped him
Just like my character to go insane in the first hour of the campaign
@Arceus0x tried to flirt with @Tllmbrg very early, by talking about... conflict
...Why are my characters so horny all the time? First there was like 3 kids with Nierre and now this...

• @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch threw a party as our first raid fell upon us, a group of pirates from the Coyote Men. Still, worth it, as we need all the mood buffs we can get- I'm skipping a lot of lesser prepwork in favor of just doing the grand design instantly, which means some discomfort until it's done. At least, we're working on a barracks now.
  • I note that pawns now shout battlecries in combat; when skirting a skirmish between two other factions, one of our pawns joined the fray and said "I'm not racist, I kill all kinds of people!". I can see it's gonna be a fun one.
  • @Epiccheev has successfully negotiated our first trade, netting us something called an Abyssal Glaive, which we're giving to @Rakih_Elyan to fit his melee build. Looks cool, even if it is only Normal quality. We also bought two autocleaners (!!!) for when we have power. Love those little guys.
  • The raid from the Coyote Men whilst we were stripping bodies, leaving some people vulnerable. @Crabwhale got there as soon as possible, but @Tllmbrg was lightly wounded, having been shot in the arm. What's worrying is that these pirates had Beliar, a demon-like subtype of immense strength: I didn't know they'd be included in the rank and file. Crab killed one point blank and got blown up (this did not really harm him). Anyways, I've discovered that putting Crab on Search and Destroy mode is ******* really funny as he just charges across the plains towards retreating enemies and kills them.
  • @Rakih_Elyan beat the hell out of @Lawiegg because they were both sad about it being dark in the cave complex that will become our home.
  • Our second raid was but a single man, named Guire, armed with nothing but a poorly made quarterstaff and the civilian clothes on his back. I had @Armorchompy kill him for practice with guns, since he's not great with them right now, and this was a low-threat environment.
  • The storyteller is no liar, we do be getting a shitload of raids, this first one by the Profaned Legion, a faction of undead warriors responsible for spreading the undead plague across Golgohrra. Although their weapons are medieval, they managed to wound a couple pawns, including @Rakih_Elyan- @DMUA had to run a risky strat into enemy lines to retrieve him when he was downed. We need to get him much better melee armor before we send him for Search and Destroy as a melee unit, understood. @Shmooply was also lightly wounded but did not go down, having been stabbed in the leg by a scimitar. They had a dude named Smogez doing some magic shit with a staff, hated that guy.
  • I decided to make @Crabwhale fight the Undead Dragon in our area; it was the first enemy to not just die to his Wraithblade. A terrifying fact, but he managed to dodge it until it was dead. So I have no idea how strong it actually was. Just in case, I had @Shmooply and @Arceus0x on standby with the Ignotus guys.
  • A hare self-tamed. We killed it and ate it. No remorse on Golgohrra.
  • In another wave of tantrums and dazes, @Armorchompy has had a crisis of belief, losing faith in our just cause because we forced him to wear armor so he won't die in combat. It's like arguing with a toddler. I hate it.
  • We have named our home Basilica Caeles. It's fitting.
  • While our society implodes in on itself with frequent emotional breakdowns, I sent @Crabwhale to a bio-lab POI that popped up on the world map, with some genetic freaks in it. They were growing mutated creatures there, including a thrumbo-boomalope mutant with apparently legendary quality. Scary thing, to be sure. Easily dealt with, minimal scratches, but I don't want to ever open a door and come face to face with one again. We stole a great deal of things from the place, including technology seemingly related to creating our own genetic hybrids. We'll see where this goes.
  • After realizing my critical mistake (that we had been mining limestone, not marble), I finally got some of you lads making bricks, namely @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch and @Tllmbrg; we now begin our efforts to beautify our home. The next step is lighting and a freezer, which means power. Oi vey.
  • @Lawiegg was trapped by a muffalo (read: blue fire resistant shaggy buffalo) who didn't realize this was combat extended, and thus died to like three bullets. I was actually a bit worried, I'm not used to guns being actually good.
  • @Epiccheev was having a mental breakdown in the middle of building a freezer so @Shmooply tried and failed to calm him down, so he set fire to Shmooply's bed.
  • We've sold most of our gold for a techprint for high-tier defenses (think of it like a blueprint that is necessary to even research them, very valuable later on and it's not guaranteed we'll see the same techprint for a long, long time) and a couple advanced components.
  • A humorous raid was by a group of pigmen who were led by a group of well-armed boarmen with rocketlaunchers, named Wart, Lard, and Fatty. They ambushed @Armorchompy and another pawn as they were hunting, but it was a fairly low-point raid (about 1.8k) so we weren't in much trouble, even without Lord Commander Crabbius present.
The Crusade continues, base is coming along well. We have a barracks prepared and are working out power now. Work is sporadic, I think I need to refine the work tab a bit more, but it's going Well Enough, I think.

• The raid from the Coyote Men whilst we were stripping bodies, leaving some people vulnerable. @Crabwhale got there as soon as possible, but @Tllmbrg was lightly wounded, having been shot in the arm. What's worrying is that these pirates had Beliar, a demon-like subtype of immense strength: I didn't know they'd be included in the rank and file. Crab killed one point blank and got blown up (this did not really harm him). Anyways, I've discovered that putting Crab on Search and Destroy mode is ******* really funny as he just charges across the plains towards retreating enemies and kills them.
I am the Killdozer.

"Christ he's playing a lot of Rimworld, isn't he" yeah bro its my shit

• @Shmooply got malaria and then, sad because he got malaria, he jumped out of bed to recover slower. Genius. While wandering around, he got the plague, too.
  • We've given @Epiccheev a riot shield because he doesn't refuse to wield it. For whatever reason, as a pacifist, he's carrying around like 30 guns in his pockets, and won't store them. I don't know why, he's the only pawn that's doing it.
  • @Arceus0x is our first victim of body horror: he lost an eyeball fighting a man in full marine armor blasting it out with a fully automatic shotgun at close range. Our guns weren't strong enough to put him down quick, so we tasted the other side of the pointy stick that is Combat Extended: very brutal. He'll live, at least, and we can get bionic eyes eventually. Til then, Captain Sundowner has pretty ****** up depth perception.
  • If you people could just chill out for a second that would be awesome. @Epiccheev is working overtime talking people out of these fits of hysteria. We weren't cooking for three days because @Armorchompy laid down in a field and stopped moving. We just need to build but all the builders are sad.
  • @Lawiegg keeps harvesting the plants and ******* it up, I'm losing my mind.
  • I had @Crabwhale attack a guy in melee who was part of another siege from the Coyote Men. Had I checked him out before telling Crab to melee fight him, I would have learned that 1. he was the xenotype that self-destructs upon death in a large explosion and 2. he was carrying 23 high explosive mortar shells, which all went off in Crab's face. Crab was actually reasonably wounded for the first time in the playthrough, so he'll be out of commission for a day or two.
  • @Tllmbrg attempted to murder @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch because he hadn't had rec time in awhile. We have a makeshift prison up, so we arrested him before he could. When he was out, he immediately went to try to kill our only livestock, a radioactive cow, so we stopped him again. He now has two Catharses and is quite pleased with life.
  • One of our Ignotus decided to become a wildman so @Lawiegg immediately re-tamed him and he joined us again.
  • Apparently Real Ruins can also spawn extra sites as an event. Which is cool. We're going to one now.
  • There was little of note at the ruin. Vanometric power cell though!
  • @DMUA is one of, if not the most, valuable pawn for now. He is not our best soldier, nor the one patching up the soldiers or feeding him. Instead, he is addressing our emotional crisis one nice tile at a time. Construction is all that matters. We need nice, cushioned interiors.
  • I'm going to have to **** around with @Epiccheev to fix him man, he spends all day messing with the weapon locker, it's pissing me off.
  • I ****** up a raid pretty bad, and one of @Crabwhale's lives were lost. I also missed their reinforcements drop podding into the base. Luckily, and inexplicably, an unarmed @DMUA beat three of them into unconsciousness without being wounded. He has no melee weapons, and they did, so I don't actually know how this happened. He persisted long enough for me to send in reinforcements, by way of @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch, @Tllmbrg and @Shmooply.

OK6MGwv.png

also, for the record, our makeshift killbox is swiftly becoming a problem.

Combat Extended makes it a bit less manageable, stuff like molotovs aren't infinite use anymore. Once we have more research done, with Deepchem Mining going, we should be set to implement napalm turrets to handle the softer stuff (and clean it up for us in the meantime). Heavier shit (basically everything except for bugs and bandits) will need heavier turrets, though.

Back