• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

Damn that’s crazy we’re all gonna starve because mfs can’t keep it in their pants till after winter.

Smh

Edit: Bambu we might need to get me spec’d into chronomancy for the food grown ability.
Nah nah, we have Roman-style freezers now, we're gonna be okay.

• With the introduction of our fuel-consuming freezer, we are moving our cooking and food creation set-up to the Pie-Eyed Boar; it is only fitting that @Arceus0x essentially runs the place as the dude with the highest cooking (followed by me and then two of @PsychoWarper's current undead, somehow)
  • We were attacked by about two dozen cave cobras the size of a human. @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara lost a thumb to one of them, and @Comiphorous was badly poisoned, but we survive. Draining mana continues to be the funniest way of killing something. @Nierre will receive a medal of some kind for escaping unharmed and with several kills by kiting them around until help arrived.
  • A huge creature made of rapidly mutating flesh that's the size of a small building has... self-tamed. I will name it Harvey. If it's ever becoming a problem, I guess we can eat it?
  • A baronness of the star empire has requested that we build a monument to how suicidal she is. Unexpected to say the least.
  • While mining, @Crabwhale disturbed a nest of megaspiders and their insectoid kin, resulting in a permanent scar on his eye. We won the day, but still, ow. @Armorchompy was finally around to chip in to combat.
  • I have made a mistake in feeding dead Cthulhu monsters to our pets. Some of you might say this was obvious, and that retribution is just reward for giving little care to the sanity of our farm animals. I would call you a fool and say that any misstep is justified by the light of science. Anyways our pets started beating each other to death in an insanity-induced berserk state. Goat-on-goat violence. The violence was ended when the goat on the rampage had a heart attack, so all's well that ends well, I say. @GreyFang82 was around to clean up the carnage, anyways.
  • @PsychoWarper downed a thrumbo with two hits: one death bolt and then mana drainage. This mana draining has gotta be the best hax we've used so far, it gives you more ammo for your other stuff and seems to consistently kill things on its own. There were two other thrumbos in the group with this one: I'd like to tame those two because a long-term breeding project of thrumbos would yield an insane amount of great mounts for the kingdom, eh? This will fall to @Crabwhale, the only one of us with an animals skill worth talking about.
  • While it's been awhile since any humans have had a mental break, both @Rakih_Elyan and @Crabwhale broke down simultaneously, lamenting their lack of recreation time. Our recreation time largely consists of drinking tea, so perhaps they're coffee people.
  • We received a quest to deal with a toxic-spewing machine-monument in our region: accepting would activate it until we successfully destroyed it. In return, we get a hefty sum of plasteel... and an excellent-quality persona monosword. This is a high-tech weapon that cuts through matter on an atomic level. It's well above the constraints of this run. However, it is a sword, and we didn't make it ourselves, we're just receiving it, so I think it's fine, especially since this toxin-spewer might well cause us all to starve (it will poison our crops if we're not quick enough). I have decided to give this ultimate weapon to @GreyFang82 to replace his mithril pike, since he is one of the turbo-yoked melee fighters not currently using an incredibly special weapon (not to say his pike is bad- shit does more damage than half the special weapons). @Rakih_Elyan, @PsychoWarper and Psycho's undead angel, Gabriel, are being sent with Grey to deal with the plague titan pillar as this is being typed.
  • @Armorchompy's ex-wife has overdosed... on tea and mana potions. I don't even know how the **** that's possible. What the hell are in those mana potions?
  • @Epiccheev was the only one caught outside when a group of monsters attacked, led by an owlbear. He was riding a muffalo while gathering resources to craft some gauntlets. He began riding towards the drafted pawns forming up in the tunnel, but was caught just before getting to it- he managed to evade the first few attacks but sustained a lot of wounds before making it behind the Shield Wall formed by @Tllmbrg, @Comiphorous and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, and was instructed to hide next to @Da3ggman (who cannot fight, and so was drafted to cease his duties since he wanted to go past the monsters to do them). It was a tough fight, with Cheev pretty desperately wounded while he shot at them from a distance. None of the Shield Wall was particularly injured- Comiphorous was at a bleed rate of 32%/d, but that's fairly minor. Cheev, on the other hand, was at 1812%/d- for the uninformed, this means he was losing blood at a rate of 1812% of his total body capacity of blood, per day. Cheev survived, but this was on a timescale of seconds from death.
  • Our new freezer is less efficient than anticipated because PEOPLE KEEP LEAVING THE ******* DOOR OPEN. @Arceus0x is the biggest offender as the person in the freezer the most. It's only actually frozen or even cold like 55% of the time. It's better than nothing but man, that sucks. I plan on building a larger cold storage thing for surplus- @Armorchompy is hollowing out a cave as we speak.
All for now, D&D in a bit, maybe an update tonight.

With the introduction of our fuel-consuming freezer, we are moving our cooking and food creation set-up to the Pie-Eyed Boar; it is only fitting that @Arceus0x essentially runs the place as the dude with the highest cooking (followed by me and then two of @PsychoWarper's current undead, somehow)
Gordon Ramsay arc

A baronness of the star empire has requested that we build a monument to how suicidal she is. Unexpected to say the least.
Based tbh
We received a quest to deal with a toxic-spewing machine-monument in our region: accepting would activate it until we successfully destroyed it. In return, we get a hefty sum of plasteel... and an excellent-quality persona monosword. This is a high-tech weapon that cuts through matter on an atomic level. It's well above the constraints of this run. However, it is a sword, and we didn't make it ourselves, we're just receiving it, so I think it's fine, especially since this toxin-spewer might well cause us all to starve (it will poison our crops if we're not quick enough). I have decided to give this ultimate weapon to @GreyFang82 to replace his mithril pike, since he is one of the turbo-yoked melee fighters not currently using an incredibly special weapon (not to say his pike is bad- shit does more damage than half the special weapons). @Rakih_Elyan, @PsychoWarper and Psycho's undead angel, Gabriel, are being sent with Grey to deal with the plague titan pillar as this is being typed.
**** it we ballin bb

rr6F5XQ.png

The Pie-Eyed Boar, by the way. More decorations forthcoming soon, only has room for seven guests at a time so I may change that later. The dark room at the back is the freezer, the medieval coolers that allow for that to work are very weak so I had to physically extend it to build more freezers, so it would function as a freezer in spite of how often the doors are left wide ******* open.

rr6F5XQ.png

The Pie-Eyed Boar, by the way. More decorations forthcoming soon, only has room for seven guests at a time so I may change that later. The dark room at the back is the freezer, the medieval coolers that allow for that to work are very weak so I had to physically extend it to build more freezers, so it would function as a freezer in spite of how often the doors are left wide ******* open.
AIN'T NO WAY
image.png

0safr93ogd5b1.jpg

ITS HIM

AND HE'S MUSLIM???

Also can you show me my character please? Every single screenshot I see never has him in any place, even though it even has Ozymandias of all people

Ox. You're Ox.

Arceus Ox.

Arceus0x.

Your guy in the last one was called "Arceus" so I had to find something to distinguish them.

You're Ox.

• The giant flesh-monster that self-tamed has been eating smaller creatures around our village. It chose a phoenix owlcat, which was hilarious to figure out because that particular creature is immortal, it has nine lives and makes a crazy sound effect when killed. I couldn't figure out what was going on as the sound flooded my ears while our giant fleshbeast killed this thing eight times- the phoenix owlcat has been living near our village for the entire playthrough, I'm a bit sad it's gone. The thing then went on to eat an acid-spewing super bug I was trying to tame as a mount.
  • Some insights on the social side of the game: @Crabwhale is fairly amicable towards everybody but most people hate him, not a single pawn has a good thing to say about him. Most people like @Armorchompy but he doesn't care about anyone else except that he's a psychopath- the exception is Psycho's angel-skeleton, which he considers beautiful. The highest social relationship is @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara towards @GreyFang82- she has a +100 towards Grey, whereas Grey has a +27 towards her. They have a lot of deep talks. Most people have a good relationship with Grey- other high contenders are @Rakih_Elyan and @Comiphorous.
  • I threw a party and I didn't even get to be there :(
  • @Nierre picked a fight with an immortal mouse
  • We're gonna start making booze. Wine and beer for everyone. If yer old enough to fight, yer old enough to get plastered if that's your want.
  • @Nierre got so upset while feeding her child (because she, Nierre, was hungry but had to feed her) that she just stole the baby food from that kid and began to eat it right in front of 'em. Just stopped feeding Ozymandias and began feeding herself. It was horrible. @Da3ggman also ate baby food when he became particularly upset at life but I can think of no poetic way of presenting that.
  • We got our first guests, but unfortunately one of them was eaten by a nightling before it could reach the inn.
  • @Tllmbrg led a raid on a nearby skirmish between a battalion of mechanoids versus a large insect hive. We won't be using the marine armor we got from the mechs, but we did get a lot of psychic paraphernalia- might use some of it. With him went @PsychoWarper, @GreyFang82, and @Crabwhale.

@Nierre got so upset while feeding her child (because she, Nierre, was hungry but had to feed her) that she just stole the baby food from that kid and began to eat it right in front of 'em. Just stopped feeding Ozymandias and began feeding herself. It was horrible. @Da3ggman also ate baby food when he became particularly upset at life but I can think of no poetic way of presenting that.
LOL? 😭😭😭

• Some insights on the social side of the game: @Crabwhale is fairly amicable towards everybody but most people hate him, not a single pawn has a good thing to say about him. Most people like @Armorchompy but he doesn't care about anyone else except that he's a psychopath- the exception is Psycho's angel-skeleton, which he considers beautiful. The highest social relationship is @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara towards @GreyFang82- she has a +100 towards Grey, whereas Grey has a +27 towards her. They have a lot of deep talks. Most people have a good relationship with Grey-
What can I say, I’m a cool guy. I give out good psychic vibes, I smooth out our negotiations, and will wake up at 2:30 AM to get us 20% off the last piece of chocolate a traveling caravan has for the team.

Grey and I discussing intellectual topics, like the latest seasonal isekai anime, cryptocurrency, and whether or not women are people (they are not).
2AE9jAW.jpeg
I find it interesting that your pawn has such a high perception of my pawn but my pawn is like.

“Oh hey! Yeah I remember you now! You’re the one who said investing in Thrumpocoin was a good idea yeah! Haha crazy times am I right?”

It was supposed to be the other way around, damn it.
You're the one with creepy breathing and now disfigurement (that is, a scar on your eye); these combined give an automatic -40 opinion from everyone. In the last save, we had means of curing disfigurement and in fact bionics and surgeries that raised beauty- this one, not as much.

I find it interesting that your pawn has such a high perception of my pawn but my pawn is like.

“Oh hey! Yeah I remember you now! You’re the one who said investing in Thrumpocoin was a good idea yeah! Haha crazy times am I right?”
+27 isn't nothing but aye, people like your magically-charming ass- Rakih and Comiphorous also have really high opinions of you (in the +90s and +80s respectively) and most pawns have a standing +30-40 or so.

+27 isn't nothing but aye, people like your magically-charming ass- Rakih and Comiphorous also have really high opinions of you (in the +90s and +80s respectively) and most pawns have a standing +30-40 or so.
Now we know who'd win the election if we operated under a democracy

Now we know who'd win the election if we operated under a democracy
We don't, we operate under me deciding arbitrarily who gets the nobility ranks, and that's you- therefore it falls to you to assassinate Grey in the instance of him becoming too popular, good luck

I...don't have that though. I just have annoying voice and abrasive, which is probably what you meant to say.
it is, but it all adds up to the same general distaste towards a pawn, shh
  • A psychic drone caused everyone to lose their collective shit, causing most of the colony to be incapacitated for a few days. Our guests at the time were luckily both women and the drone affected only males, so we still got that 5 star review on Yelp.
  • @GreyFang82 managed to nab us a scroll that would teach a priest magic user how to resurrect people- Inspired Trade goes crazy, this is the most expensive scroll I've seen yet.
  • @Tllmbrg, @Arceus0x and @Crabwhale have all fallen victim to fibrous mechanites, which can be a net boon but it means they're going to be a huge drain to medical supplies for awhile, the greedy guts.
  • @Rakih_Elyan was sent out to assist the Imperium with the translation of some ancient text.
  • I sent the lads out to an ancient complex (@Comiphorous @PsychoWarper and @Tllmbrg) and found mechanoids guarding ancient cryptosleep caskets. Dealt with the mechanoids (weaker than expected, tougher than liked) and opened up the pods- grabbed one of the surviving people inside to recruit as a pawn, and took the rest of their stuff after patching up their wounds. Got a lot of gold and plasteel from the place. Wasn't until I was leaving that I noticed that one of the robots was named Stabby. This game makes me smile.
  • A rust monster dug up through the ground and was met with the fury of @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, who was going berserk and attacking everything because the sun went down again. She spawn killed the sorry bastard.
  • I am sorry to report that @Nierre is the first to die: our giant flesh-beast pet attempted to kill a thrumbo while she was passing by, causing the whole herd to attack... but not the flesh-beast, instead chasing Nierre. They bit her leg off in the first attack, giving her no opportunity to escape. Now that I know resurrection is possible, I will set up a frozen tomb to keep her body preserved until we can maybe bring her back. Our beast successfully at one of the thrumbos whole, absorbing its biomass into itself, but the pack proceeded to raise hell: @Arceus0x was attacked while leaving the Pie-Eyed Boar for the night, @Crabwhale had to step in while delivering food to the inn (he phase striked in and insta-killed one of them, was nice), I set up an archer squad but they got engaged in melee combat before @GreyFang82 and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara could step in, and @Da3ggman was viciously brought into the fighting whilst trying to escape. We held a funeral for her- it was considered lackluster (I was the one who led it, my bad)
  • This death has obviously disturbed @Arceus0x a great deal since he is now a single father of two, Ozymandias and Alexander. First he began lighting things on fire and when we stopped him, he decided he was going to dig Nierre back up and dance around with the body. Grief can do strange things to the minds of men.
  • Something called a Star Vampire was apparently hanging around our colony invisible for about 24 hours before it revealed itself to try to kill @Da3ggman as he ate his evening meal alone. Eggman hid in the freezer whilst @Crabwhale came over and beat the thing to death. The creature was a 15-foot tall pillar of red flesh and teeth. The vampire was particularly disturbing because we heard mocking laughter while it was invisible.

I love the consistent theme of Crab just kinda showing up when someone else is being attacked and just beating the mosnter to death lmao.

Also RIP Nierre, hope she gets resurrected soon.

Back