• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

@Arceus0x I will note that the Apocalypse Child backstory prevents the creation of drugs, though- may want to choose another, but I can go with it if you please. Also, if you want a random fantasy ass class, so if you want one, pick one.

• @PsychoWarper is SO god damned slow. As an upside, one of the cow creatures (they're called Angus cows by the mod) that @GreyFang82 purchased with the last of our silver now serves as his mount. He just rides it everywhere he needs to go. It's incredibly convenient, I didn't even tell him to do it- he just decided to do it on his own.
  • @GreyFang82 is actually cracked as ****. He's an Empath and constantly psychically emits positive moods when he's in a good mood- this gets projected to him as well, so he feeds himself good moods, meaning he is constantly inspired. He's done two huge trades for us already, with our limited resources we've managed to get some good livestock already.
  • We got fairly lucky with a raid attacking at the same time as a large trader caravan. The caravan retreated but they dealt with the raid by themselves- it was Wasters, so we risked a pretty bad Tox Gas exposure if it hit us. @Rakih_Elyan did assist in killing 'em.
  • A fungal ship nearly crushed @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara as it crashed to earth. The game has informed me that it contains something dangerous that needs dealt with, but I say it can wait because danger is bad. UPDATE: Three fungoids came out of it. I thought these guys were essentially immortal, only killable if you destroy the brain, but it turns out that good ole death bolts from our cow-mounted lich machine gun will do the trick fine in a pinch. I was however beaten within an inch of my life by a walking mushroom, so not all happy endings. @Da3ggman joins me in the medical ward because he cannot fight but feels it was very important to enter the fray to retrieve raw wood to process into timber.
  • In spite of cooked meals being available, @Arceus0x has been deciding to strictly eat pumpkins. Whole pumpkins, straight from the patch. It's making him depressed and yet he still seems opposed to eating the meals we made. Perhaps he does not trust them. An immediate edit: HE'S THE ONE COOKING THEM. WHAT DOES HE KNOW. WHY DOES HE NOT PARTAKE OF HIS LABORS.
  • Our first real quest that we accepted is to house two citizens of the star empire for twenty days and defend them against a fairly large early-game raid consisting of about 8 enemies. So many of these quests are awful, I can't abide by doing them. The two louts mostly lay around and do nothing. They've been hanging out with @Comiphorous a great deal, one of them even considers him a friend.
  • Work continues on unlocking the most basic levels of technology: we now have a storeroom after unlocking the creation of shelves, we have made a single article of clothing (!!!), and we now can make stone tiles. An unfortunate development is that we need a book to learn how to make steel- apparently we get this book from trading or raiding, so I sorta wish we had kept the silver. Oh well. We can smelt down silver ore to try and buy it when it comes to it.
  • I have decided that I do not understand how @Epiccheev's class works- I do not know how to make a golem. We need some kind of book for that but I don't know where to get it. We'll cross that bridge eventually, but it would have been nice.
  • @Crabwhale was struck by the infector organs of the fungoid people. I don't know if this is significant or not. Time will tell...?
With all of this, I offer the first look at the settlement. I plan to eventually build outside housing for everybody, this is the Emergency Hobo Countermeasures settlement style for now. Once research is done and I can make everything nice, the real work will begin.

bPmLbdP.png

We got fairly lucky with a raid attacking at the same time as a large trader caravan. The caravan retreated but they dealt with the raid by themselves- it was Wasters, so we risked a pretty bad Tox Gas exposure if it hit us. @Rakih_Elyan did assist in killing 'em.
The only thing I good for is killing.

Lol

In spite of cooked meals being available, @Arceus0x has been deciding to strictly eat pumpkins. Whole pumpkins, straight from the patch. It's making him depressed and yet he still seems opposed to eating the meals we made. Perhaps he does not trust them. An immediate edit: HE'S THE ONE COOKING THEM. WHAT DOES HE KNOW. WHY DOES HE NOT PARTAKE OF HIS LABORS.

• @PsychoWarper is SO god damned slow. As an upside, one of the cow creatures (they're called Angus cows by the mod) that @GreyFang82 purchased with the last of our silver now serves as his mount. He just rides it everywhere he needs to go. It's incredibly convenient, I didn't even tell him to do it- he just decided to do it on his own.
Glory to my noble stead (Perhaps speed upgrades are need lmao).

Am I like slower then normal people or is everyone else just really fast?

Glory to my noble stead (Perhaps speed upgrades are need lmao).

Am I like slower then normal people or is everyone else just really fast?
You're slow as hell, compared to normal people. Base speed is 4.6 c/s (which is about 7 m/s, give or take). Being undead removes 2 c/s, and being a lich removes another 2 c/s. You have the Veteran trait, so your speed is then increased by 0.3 c/s- meaning your movement speed is only 0.9 c/s, or just over a meter per second.

Your cow is still slower than a normal person (3.12 c/s) but like, it's leagues faster than your decaying ass

You're slow as hell, compared to normal people. Base speed is 4.6 c/s (which is about 7 m/s, give or take). Being undead removes 2 c/s, and being a lich removes another 2 c/s. You have the Veteran trait, so your speed is then increased by 0.3 c/s- meaning your movement speed is only 0.9 c/s, or just over a meter per second.

Your cow is still slower than a normal person (3.12 c/s) but like, it's leagues faster than your decaying ass
;-;

Okay I think I'm ready to join the fray again:

Child Backstory: Pampered Princess
Adult Backstory: Hunter/Renegade Royal (Am I allowed to pick both? If not then just Hunter)

Traits:
Ascetic
Quick Sleeper
Abrasive
Bisexual
Hard Worker
Nervous
Neurotic
Careful Shooter

• The raid for our two guests arrived- we killed two that separated and managed to arm @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara with one of their steel maces, then assaulted the others: I tried to bring Psycho but he's so slow. He can use mana to fly much faster than the rest of us, might begin using that more liberally. @Crabwhale got a bastard sword and then one-tapped two of the invaders while Fuji and @GreyFang82 ganked the rest of them, with myself and @Rakih_Elyan providing ranged attacks (we mostly missed but it's the thought that counts, Rakih did manage to shoot out the eyeball of one of the *******). Because this overhaul has such a huge range of weaponry already, I think I will remove the other martial weapon mods.
  • @PsychoWarper has risen those fungoid invaders from before as undead, since they seem ideal for it, given that they regenerate naturally (a trait they keep in undeath!). They can do pretty much all forms of labor, and these guys are even fairly decent in a lot of fields. One of them came out a bit... skeletal. But it seems like they've otherwise kept their regenerative powers.
  • The food situation is admittedly dire. Rakih is using the undead as meat shields (bone shields?) to hunt more dangerous creatures like dire wolves and megasloths, while @Arceus0x is more or less strapped to the cooking station churning out meals to stop the pawns from eating rotten meat (they love it). Cabbages are sub-optimal foodstuffs.
  • Crab and @Comiphorous face tanked against our first mechanoid fight while Psycho did most of the killing. Crab has multiple wounds on his heart. Really wish he didn't. @Arceus0x is our primary healer at the moment so let's hope he can get to him quickly.
As for Nierre

Okay I think I'm ready to join the fray again:

Child Backstory: Pampered Princess
Adult Backstory: Hunter/Renegade Royal (Am I allowed to pick both? If not then just Hunter)

Traits:
Ascetic
Quick Sleeper
Abrasive
Bisexual
Hard Worker
Nervous
Neurotic
Careful Shooter
Yeah, sorry, game allows for one backstory per.

7FJTaOP.png

Welcome aboard, glad to have ye, don't eat too much or we'll all die.

Alright I didn't expect anything else to happen before work but we got our largest raid yet, comprising of about twelve enemy pawns. Psycho's undead formed an animate (acknowledging that the term is loosely applied here) wall in the tunneled out road to the south. Unfortunately, many of us (@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, myself, @Epiccheev, and @Rakih_Elyan) were all caught in the southern bit of the map. We're all alive:
  • Fujiwara used her class' ability to deflect all damage and just shrugged off their caster's attempt to blow her up as she walked past the Bonewall Formation, no damage sustained at all.
  • @Epiccheev was caught by those uninterested in Fuji, and was stabbed and cut all across his body. He survives due to tanking it and still being able to walk alright.
  • @Rakih_Elyan sustained only one wound, a crossbow bolt to the leg. It was a great shot, leaving him the most wounded of us.
  • I have a bruise on my arm and little else, I suspect because my pawn looks the weakest.
I'm changing my mind about @PsychoWarper, necromancy is incredible, and the fact that he can't die unless they destroy him in his entirety means he can fight practically anything even with relatively low combat skills and still win basically everything (although he can be incapacitated). Every cool race that comes by is going to be transformed into one of his undead from now on. Here's hoping we get an Illithid.

Welp, might as well say what I want from a Tllmbrg stand-in

Put in the equivalent of a human roach who mamages to persist through insane amounts of pain while also harping on small random details

Last edited:
  • The food situation is admittedly dire. Rakih is using the undead as meat shields (bone shields?) to hunt more dangerous creatures like dire wolves and megasloths, while @Arceus0x is more or less strapped to the cooking station churning out meals to stop the pawns from eating rotten meat (they love it). Cabbages are sub-optimal foodstuffs.
  • Crab and @Comiphorous face tanked against our first mechanoid fight while Psycho did most of the killing. Crab has multiple wounds on his heart. Really wish he didn't. @Arceus0x is our primary healer at the moment so let's hope he can get to him quickly.
Literally me

@Rakih_Elyan sustained only one wound, a crossbow bolt to the leg. It was a great shot, leaving him the most wounded of us.

Welp, might as well say what I want from a Tllmbrg stand-in

Put in tge equivalent of a human roach who mamages to persist through insane amounts of pain while also harping on small random details
Tough, *********, Very Neurotic, Steadfast, maybe back stories based on surviving nuclear war or something... I'll figure it out. Welcome to the colony, enjoy your stay or die.

I'm changing my mind about @PsychoWarper, necromancy is incredible, and the fact that he can't die unless they destroy him in his entirety means he can fight practically anything even with relatively low combat skills and still win basically everything (although he can be incapacitated). Every cool race that comes by is going to be transformed into one of his undead from now on. Here's hoping we get an Illithid.
We simply ballin boys

• @GreyFang82 is either the most manic ************ I've ever seen. Dude is normally so content that he pivots from one Inspiration to the next- literally, we used one and he instantly gained another. But sometimes he just decides he's miserable and enters a catatonic state.
  • We've started making proper weapons- some of you have scavenged stuff that's up to snuff (namely @Crabwhale getting a greatsword) but the rest of you have managed with mediocre gear up to now. @Nierre is the first wielder of what we will call the Big Ass Bow project, wherein everybody decent with a bow will receive a large (read: big ass) variant of it. The Poindexters would refer to this as a "greatbow"- we will agree that my terminology is superior.
  • @Armorchompy's ex-wife showed up and wants to live with us now, probably because she heard he has the biggest bedroom. She is also a mouse-woman and this does reflect poorly on the moral character of Armor. She also has a handgun, which we will be throwing away even though it pains me to do so.
  • WE HAVE SURVIVED WINTER! This is largely thanks to @Rakih_Elyan being solely assigned to hunting whatever poor bastards showed up in the area, as well as @PsychoWarper and his minions just occasionally going on a killing spree. An owlbear did manage to down one of his skeletons temporarily, it was a scary moment.
  • @Arceus0x has been tasked with maintaining a prisoner for a friendly kingdom in return for some pretty hefty rewards, most notably (in my opinion) is a good supply of plasteel. I don't think plasteel spawns naturally in this mod, so it is an extremely valuable commodity that we will spend sparingly.
  • Work has begun on a proper armory, with @Comiphorous and I building it while @Epiccheev supplies it with bulk arms and armor. It's slow-going but progress is progress. We're also working our way towards a proper mine.
  • I have only just gotten into the randomly generated social ties between us: Psycho and @Da3ggman are brothers, in spite of one of them being a 1,000 year old lich (their mother is also a mouse-woman so I will assume degeneracy runs rampant in certain parts of the world, it is also possible that Psycho simply assumed the identity of his brother since, again, immortal lich-man), @Arceus0x has a brother that serves in the stellar empire and looks like ******* Iron Man, @Nierre is descended from the royal house of a hostile kingdom, and @Comiphorous' seems to be a part of an archer clan that mostly belongs to a hostile tribe, with the exception of his direct father who is a knight in a neutral kingdom.
  • Due to a mana drain, @PsychoWarper lost control of one of his skeletons- he will have to replenish his forces later. At time of writing the other two are fine.
  • Everybody has been vomiting and I have no idea why. None of you have food poisoning, you're just... vomiting. All the time. Another bug is that occasionally the magic or might tab is removed from you guys, although you still have access to your class stuff. I... probably should not have made this commitment mode.
  • We were raided by Deep Ones, which caused sanity loss in a lot of you. In particular, @Crabwhale, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara and @Comiphorous were beat to hell, with @Nierre getting light injuries (and Psycho but it's not like they matter).
  • @Da3ggman got into an insulting spree mental state until he started insulting @Armorchompy, who promptly beat him up until he stopped insulting people.

@Armorchompy's ex-wife showed up and wants to live with us now, probably because she heard he has the biggest bedroom. She is also a mouse-woman and this does reflect poorly on the moral character of Armor. She also has a handgun, which we will be throwing away even though it pains me to do so.
So you're saying there's now a single mousegirl in the colony........... you have my attention............
We were raided by Deep Ones, which caused sanity loss in a lot of you. In particular, @Crabwhale, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara and @Comiphorous were beat to hell, with @Nierre getting light injuries (and Psycho but it's not like they matter).
Out of character. I would never lose sanity, for I am already insane. I demand that you restart the game to amend this discrepancy at once.

I have only just gotten into the randomly generated social ties between us: Psycho and @Da3ggman are brothers, in spite of one of them being a 1,000 year old lich (their mother is also a mouse-woman so I will assume degeneracy runs rampant in certain parts of the world, it is also possible that Psycho simply assumed the identity of his brother since, again, immortal lich-man), @Arceus0x has a brother that serves in the stellar empire and looks like ******* Iron Man, @Nierre is descended from the royal house of a hostile kingdom, and @Comiphorous' seems to be a part of an archer clan that mostly belongs to a hostile tribe, with the exception of his direct father who is a knight in a neutral kingdom.
Isn’t my Lich directly connected to/the same person as my other RW character? Or was that dropped? Cause if thats true then clearly I just assumed some guy’s existence.

Am I already a monk?
You are, aye.

So you're saying there's now a single mousegirl in the colony........... you have my attention............

Out of character. I would never lose sanity, for I am already insane. I demand that you restart the game to amend this discrepancy at once.
e978e8aa67d99b6c289093cc3bf5a07a.gif

Isn’t my Lich directly connected to/the same person as my other RW character? Or was that dropped? Cause if thats true then clearly I just assumed some guy’s existence.
Aye, "canon" wise you're the same dude.

So this is like a prequel to the other series right? This means I would eventually assume the identity of “your” brother as well.

My character is pretty similar to the last session actually lol, i just like that type of character

Maybe for season 3 I'll change it up

• @Armorchompy became upset with the ugliness of the environment and so rationally began to savagely assault our prisoner.

So this is like a prequel to the other series right? This means I would eventually assume the identity of “your” brother as well.
(Forgive the singular update above, I went to work) I consider this a sequel. If such a term can be applied.

My character is pretty similar to the last session actually lol, i just like that type of character

Maybe for season 3 I'll change it up
man, a third season- I don't even know what I'd do

You should've known what you were getting yourself into after I described myself as a sadomasochistic cannibal lesbian.
I can accept cannibalism but I draw the line at monsterfucking

So when is a Tllmbrg popping into existence in the colony
Lemberg the Pawn was spawned in before I left for work, but I didn't get much done before I left.

@Armorchompy's ex-wife showed up and wants to live with us now, probably because she heard he has the biggest bedroom. She is also a mouse-woman and this does reflect poorly on the moral character of Armor. She also has a handgun, which we will be throwing away even though it pains me to do so.
>invites my ex wife to live with us >gets surprised when i start randomly beating the shit out of people to calm myself down (normal and healthy coping mechanism)
what is wrong with this guy

@Arceus0x has been tasked with maintaining a prisoner for a friendly kingdom in return for some pretty hefty rewards, most notably (in my opinion) is a good supply of plasteel. I don't think plasteel spawns naturally in this mod, so it is an extremely valuable commodity that we will spend sparingly.

Getting paid that much to maintain a prisoner? Am I keeping an eye on Hannibal Lecter?

@Arceus0x has a brother that serves in the stellar empire and looks like ******* Iron Man
When my brother saw the weakness of his flesh, he felt disgust
When I saw the weakness of my flesh, i decided to eat more pumpkins

>invites my ex wife to live with us >gets surprised when i start randomly beating the shit out of people to calm myself down (normal and healthy coping mechanism)
what is wrong with this guy
I didn't invite shit, she invited herrself, probably because YOU gave her our mailing address

Getting paid that much to maintain a prisoner? Am I keeping an eye on Hannibal Lecter?

When my brother saw the weakness of his flesh, he felt disgust
When I saw the weakness of my flesh, i decided to eat more pumpkins
All I know about the prisoner is that she knows something embarrassing about the social graces of the faction leader who sent her. Dude probably quietly farts in public or something, and she found out.

Back