• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Japanese website updated https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/axb7a/character/index.html

modal_chara06.png

Alternate versions of Bayonetta. I know the 3rd one with pink hair was playable, the last one is an ally and the first two seem to be antagonists initially going by the trailers.

I like how in the battle sections it has tiny descriptions for Bayonetta's demons she'll be using that mention things like height, age, and weight. That's funny for some reason.

Japanese website updated https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/axb7a/character/index.html

modal_chara06.png

Alternate versions of Bayonetta. I know the 3rd one with pink hair was playable, the last one is an ally and the first two seem to be antagonists initially going by the trailers.

I like how in the battle sections it has tiny descriptions for Bayonetta's demons she'll be using that mention things like height, age, and weight. That's funny for some reason.
why only 4 ?

I don’t remember any demons actually speaking Enochian, or even speaking at all. That was something only angels would do (as far as I remember)

modal_chara06.png

I'm hoping that all of those going to be playable because holy hell those are a peak designs

Yeah, just saw that stuff, that's quite ****** up. Piracy is perfectly justified here.

I really don't understand why they would try to screw her over like this. They sure as hell had to pay Hale way more than 4K. I wonder if more blame is to be put on Nintendo or Platinum here but that really doesn't matter. I'm sure its not restricted to them either, there's a lot of corruption and shitty things going on all over the game industry.

Curious to see if we get a response from Platinum/Nintendo on this. Most likely not.

I would wait for more information on both sides before determining who is right or wrong. Regardless, Hellena Taylor for sure is not gonna be Bayonetta's VA anymore. That's usually how these things turn out.

That is true, but right now its not looking too good on platinum/nintendo's end. The need for a response from their end is increasingly needed because this is staring to spread mad fast, and this news this close to launch date could SERIOUSLY hurt profits and reception for them.

This is kinda making me hope that this game is the last for the franchise in all honesty.

You know what i kinda dislike kamiya attitude since High 6-A tier DMC era. This guy loves to block people on twitter.

I don't feel any way about the situation for all we know Platinum will pull out all the deets and Helena Taylor could be in the wrong. Better to not look stupid making premature assumptions when neither side has actual provided documented proof.

Last edited:
You know what i kinda dislike kamiya attitude since High 6-A tier DMC era. This guy loves to block people on twitter.

I mean he legit has rules posted on his twitter. Don't follow the rules get blocked. I think him sticking to that for years is something worthy of respect however little.

Wtf? Only 4000 dollars? That’s really stupid
It's even more stupid considering that's wasn't even their initial offer, they tried to get her to do all that work for even less beforehand

Not surprising to hear about all this, as shown with other companies like Crunchyroll a lot of the higher ups in all these corporations really don't wanna pay voice actors anything more than a half empty bag of peanuts

That tells me he's confident rather than not taking it seriously. I don't imagine this stuff is supposed to be handled publicly anyway.

Kamiya directed bayo 1, oversaw bayo 2, and is the executive director of bayo 3. He also oversees virtually all other platinum projects and is a top ranking figure in the company.

Never knew people would take such drastic measures over a situation that they still have little to no information about.

But I guess I'm here to watch fire.

So they could afford Jennifer Hale, who's a major VA, but only gave Hellena Taylor $4,000? Dafuq? When the series apparently made 450 Millon dollars, not including merch.

Wow.

So they could afford Jennifer Hale, who's a major VA, but only gave Hellena Taylor $4,000? Dafuq?
Y'know what makes this even worse?

After seeing this news, Sean Chiplock (VA of Revali and Teba) came out and said that he was only paid $2,000 to $3,000 for his work in Breath of the Wild. AKA the best-selling Zelda game in the franchise. He was paid more for his acting in Freedom Planet and Detective Pikachu than he was for Breath of the Wild.

After seeing this news, Sean Chiplock (VA of Revali and Teba) came out and said that he was only paid $2,000 to $3,000 for his work in Breath of the Wild. AKA the best-selling Zelda game in the franchise. He was paid more for his acting in Freedom Planet and Detective Pikachu than he was for Breath of the Wild.
ohh... shoot, all of these stuff caused some chain-reaction of drama. Get ready with rain of fire.

WHAT?!!!!??!! NOO ******* WAY!!!

I'm not shocked tho. A lot slimy bullshit goes on in the game industry with actors.
I think Rockstar use to pull similar stunts back in the day.

And it's the mega franchises that sell millions that do this bullshit

According to Helena, it took her 16 hours (4 hours a day for 4 days back to back) to voice the entirety of Bayonetta 1 and she read each line 3 times. Looking up the transcripts for Bayonetta 1 and 2, Bayonetta 1 Bayonetta has 196 lines of dialogue including combat dialogue and Bayonetta 2 has 191 so we can assume it took Helena roughly the same amount of time to complete the entirety of Bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 3 is only a couple of hours longer than both Bayonetta 1 and 2, appears to have what sounds like different voice actors for each Bayonetta for both Japanese and English voiceovers (going by my shit hearing) and features assumingly large gameplay sections where you don't play as Bayonetta. Unless the moments where you don't play as Bayonetta are in total under an hour in length, which I doubt based on how much of not playing Bayonetta they have shown, that could mean that Bayonetta in Bayonetta 3 would roughly have either fewer lines than she did in the previous game or comparable amount of lines to the amount she had in Bayonetta 1 and 2.

It's strange for Platinum to hire a more recognizable VA who is in a union for Bayonetta meaning they would without a doubt pay far more so that sounds fishy but I'm not sure if it's intentionally fishy or them trying to pay Helena the same amount of money for the same amount of work kinda thing.

Back