• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well we know we'll be fighting angels in this game. Also about the site that Dienomite sent, the bottom has links to different sections of the website, but the symbol indicating what section you're on is VERY similar to Aesir's symbols in design and shape.

Minor detail, but the larger chimera enemies appear to have several humanoid figures within their large bellies.

I’m hoping the Devil trigger in this game is a lot more balanced than it was in Bayo 2 cause my god was it easy to cheese pure platinum in that game.

New demon traversal looks pretty dope, hopefully some of the trials involve some traversal with the demons and don’t get relegated to several forgettable instances. And I’m hoping viola feels different to play from Bayo compared to Jeanne. Other than that, the game looks neat, Now we should downgrade Bayo for not oneshotting man made monsters.

And I’m hoping viola feels different to play from Bayo compared to Jeanne.
Well given that her witch time is done through parrying and usage of cheshire changes her whole attacking kit, I'd say there's a good chance that she'll feel different.
Other than that, the game looks neat, Now we should downgrade Bayo for not oneshotting man made monsters.
Idk Glass, Man-made things can be pretty damn strong. Perhaps its time to upgrade bayo.

Damn we just straight up becoming a Kaiju Summoner, i thought it would exclusively for event-game but no, we straight up mauled and combo'd everything with our summoned demon lmfao
Also Demon Masquerade really sick, literally Devil Trigger but more versatility in everything, also Viola literally Sekiro with the parry-block lel
Late-2022 are literally a gifts for gamers, so many exciting games comes out

There’s an EE mention in here, the new enemies erase things from existence

I'll wait til we can hear what the actual game has to say about EE, but sounds promising. If it's just a generic property that they have on hit, then that could get EE resistance for a huge chunk of the verse. Also, do we know who or what is causing the skyscrapers to distort? Could get spatial manipulation.

I'm not really a fan of removing the mechanic of mixing and matching weapon sets, but if the new weapons offer drastic styles in gameplay (which they seem to do from the trailers) then I won't mind as much.
More gameplay

Enemy intangibility (0:45)????

Seems like the enemy is very intangible, it dives through the train. Also it seems like the new enemies have a hierarchy like the angels.

Also did anyone see how the background shattered when Bayo encountered those angels? Very cool!

I'm betting the homunculi were created by humans in an alternate timeline who got a hold of the eyes of the world and everything went to shit making them the hierarchy of the human world

There was a description that the game has to do with the EOTW. Also we see Bayo 1 Bayonetta crashing down in the Bayo 3 world. Guess she survived that encounter with the purple figure in the first trailer.

There was a description that the game has to do with the EOTW. Also we see Bayo 1 Bayonetta crashing down in the Bayo 3 world. Guess she survived that encounter with the purple figure in the first trailer.
That's probably when Bayo 1 Bayo fires that bullet that creates the current Bayonetta and world we see. Also, I never realized the chick from the release date trailer wearing the Chinese-style dress with an eyepatch and scars was another Bayonetta.

@ 2:04 the enemy flies into a building, it turns a purple color, then gray, then disappears. Probably the existence erasure one demo player was referring to.

Yeah, so Valiant was right about the spatial manipulation. The EE resistance can be great if it’s passive / on contact. Since Bayo is always fighting them.

Looks like we'll be fighting against angels, demons, and homunculi.

Also apparently Bayonetta is vulnerable to attacks while using demon slave.

I'd wait til Bayo 3 releases first tbh. Game could have massive implications for the overarching cosmology of the verse. Rodin mentioning "someone" wiping 'those' universes out and then proceeding to mention the possibility of the entire trinity being wiped out could warrant big changes for the cosmology. Plus not to mention the whole alphaverse thing or whatever.

Iirc currently we accept the cosmology as the trinity being a 5 (4-d) universe structure with alternate timeline containing an alternate trinity of realities making a total 10 unis. Correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been a while since we've last covered the cosmology on this site.

You can at least start on the cosmology blog to get a good chunk of the explanation done by the time Bayo 3 comes out, then you can add the additional lore that compliments the first 2 games in the blog.

I have to keep saying it so eventually I’ll get it done

But seriously, I’m having trouble with creating a blog so it’s been going slow

But seriously, I’m having trouble with creating a blog so it’s been going slow
Perhaps begin by stating what the blog is attempting to do and then give the most barebones summary of your proposal for the cosmology of the verse. Then cover each aspect of the cosmology more in depth in each section (sections for inferno, paradiso, human world. Or group em together or whatever your evidence is), then cover additional stuff (alfheim & muspelheim), and finally alternate timelines if you're going to discuss that. Explain how they link together/conclude it and boom.

Just a suggestion.

Sorry, I moreso meant that I was unable to actually create a blog

I’m waiting until I can get my computer up and running to finish

posting this here if anyone wants to participate since we probably won’t have anything to talk about until release date. Also in case anyone missed, the physical switch copy of Bayo 1. Is now released.

Discovered bayo through smash 4 dlc. Found her far cooler than anyone else on the roster. Surprised I didn’t find out about the series earlier.

Oct 2: Favorite Bayonetta design of the 3?

gonna have to go with Bayo 2. All of them are great but blue just fits so well with her. If I had to rank them I’d go 2 > 3 > 1

Back