• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
According to Helena, it took her 16 hours (4 hours a day for 4 days back to back) to voice the entirety of Bayonetta 1 and she read each line 3 times. Looking up the transcripts for Bayonetta 1 and 2, Bayonetta 1 Bayonetta has 196 lines of dialogue including combat dialogue and Bayonetta 2 has 191 so we can assume it took Helena roughly the same amount of time to complete the entirety of Bayonetta 2.
If you don't mind, could you share the source for this? It'd be nice to have for when I share it to other people.

Smart move to mention this when the game is about to be released. Regardless of who's morally right or wrong, the damage sales would take is probably gonna be notable.

This right here is prolly the reason why Bayonetta 3 take so much years in development
Also Andika, dunno for you but it looks like you just blaming everything to Kamiya right now

This right here is prolly the reason why Bayonetta 3 take so much years in development
Also Andika, dunno for you but it looks like you just blaming everything to Kamiya right now
well he blocked many people that his account got blocked due to twitter think there are "suspicious activity" in his account.

Yup, Platinum is doing the same tactics EA Games and Activision Blizzard have been so infamous for. And I'm not going to argue Nintendo has their own share of dick moves, but this was something they always considered draconian; firing employees randomly just to cut the list of paychecks to write. But this is a 3rd party company that works for Sega albeit is partnering with Nintendo. So still feels like a double edge sword.

@Andika_CL_atmadja blocking folks on twitter is something Kamiya's done for like a decade. It's become a meme at this point that people just ask him to block them for the meme, if that's really why he got suspended then his twitter should've been gone a while ago.

@Veloxt1r0kore or they're just terrible with managing their game given they released astral chain and babylon's fall, games that weren't announced before Bayo 3, and Bayo is their baby so this is just platinum being square enix levels of incompetent release schedules.

I think Kamiya's account may've been restricted because he was blocking so much in such a short amount of time. This news was top 5 trending in the US alone, I'm sure he was getting thousands of notifications in minutes, meaning thousands of blocks.

I personally believe that Hellena Taylor will ultimately be in the wrong on this. Hellena's video does feel like it's coming from a place of heart but also anger and maybe just a pinch of entitlement going by the bit of bitterness she displayed toward Jennifer Hale.

$4000 dollars flat rate pay may seem low for a voice actor but even going by union pay today for video game voice actors and assuming that the process is the same for Bayonetta 3 as it was for Bayonetta 1 (4-hour sessions across 4 days for the entire game) that amount is more than generous. To put that into perspective, that is union pay and she is not a part of a union (she would've been paid per session instead of getting a flat rate if she was in a union). Scroll to the video game section to see the rates https://globalvoiceacademy.com/gvaa-rate-guide-2/ Edit: She is in a union and flat rate is what a union worker gets. To put that into perspective, for Bayonetta 1 she would've gotten paid $3,500 by 2022 standards not counting her SAGAFTRA bonus. Seems she was hired through a union instead of using her history as Bayonetta's voice actor to get the role and thus would've likely been paid more.

Then you look at Hellena's resume, she hasn't done voice acting for over 8 years with the last 5 VA work all being Bayonetta. Before Bayonetta, she was taking Acting and Voice Acting roles left and right from a variety of gigs but after Bayonetta, besides a couple of gigs on other projects she stopped gig chasing and stuck to voicing Bayonetta only before leaving the voice acting and television scene for 8 years. She also admits that she is not in a good financial situation, in fact, she is in a terrible financial situation, meaning she is hurting for money and likely desperate something I'm sure we've all went through at one point.

This likely means she was betting on being the voice actor for Bayonetta in 3 and could be assumed to be asking for far more than what the job was worth when it comes to voice acting. You can see how she believes she deserved it based on her comments about Jennifer Hale saying she doesn't have the right to say she is the voice of Bayonetta nor sign as Bayonetta and say if there is a spin-off with Jennifer then don't buy it as well.

And a reminder Hellena wouldn't have just gotten paid $4000 and that would be it. She would be paid to go to conventions, meet and greets, got more voice acting job opportunities, voice in spin-offs, etc but those don't happen until after the game is announced and officially released possibly months after the voice acting job was done. I'm sure she knew this but couldn't wait because she is in a situation where she is desperate for money (don't knock her for being desperate for money, it happens).

Some may argue she doesn't have a reason to come out against Platinum but revenge when you felt you were wronged regardless of whether or not you were wronged is a motive enough. I don't think Hellena is a bad person but I do think she is suffering from a mental breakdown brought on by her very poor mental health and stress and this poor move has killed her chances at other voice acting roles sadly.

This is how I believed it went down. In short, she is self-admittedly in a terrible financial situation and mentally unwell. She was betting on getting the part to play Bayonetta in 3 and hoping Platinum would pay her more based on being the iconic voice of Bayonetta for years. Being in a desperate financial situation and mentally unwell she tries to ask to be paid an amount that wasn't acceptable for the work she is doing and they refuse and gave her an offer for $4000 flat rate, a union pay for a non-union worker. Hellena knowing that pay wouldn't get her out of her poor financial situation and believes she should be paid more declines the offer. Platinum tried to save her some face by saying she couldn't get hired due to scheduling issues but Hellena being in her financial situation and poor mental state and feeling she was wronged wanted payback, thus the situation as we know it now commenced.

Last edited:
Where did the "scheduling issue" statement from Platinum come from? I'm trying to find it but can only find this:

“Various overlapping circumstances made it difficult for Hellena Taylor to reprise her role. We held auditions to cast the new voice of Bayonetta and offered the role to Jennifer Hale, whom we felt was a good match for the character. I understand the concerns some fans have about the voice change at this point in the series, but Jennifer’s performance was way beyond what we could have imagined. I’m confident that her portrayal of Bayonetta will exceed our fans’ expectations.”

Where did the "scheduling issue" statement from Platinum come from? I'm trying to find it but can only find this:

“Various overlapping circumstances made it difficult for Hellena Taylor to reprise her role. We held auditions to cast the new voice of Bayonetta and offered the role to Jennifer Hale, whom we felt was a good match for the character. I understand the concerns some fans have about the voice change at this point in the series, but Jennifer’s performance was way beyond what we could have imagined. I’m confident that her portrayal of Bayonetta will exceed our fans’ expectations.”
Game informer piece iirc

So where did this statement come from? Hellena is the only source for that statement I can find and it doesn't line up with what she is saying since Platinum was still trying to hire her according to her own words.

Unless I'm missing a source, Platinum didn't lie.

“Various overlapping circumstances made it difficult for Hellena Taylor to reprise her role,” they confirmed. “We held auditions to cast the new voice of Bayonetta and offered the role to Jennifer Hale, whom we felt was a good match for the character.”

I already posted that quote above in case you didn't see it. I was trying to find a quote from Platinum that said they didn't hire Hellena due to scheduling issues but I can't find any source for that besides Hellena saying it. People are saying Platinum lied but I'm trying to find if they actually did or not.

“Platinum later offered Taylor a cameo in the game for the fee of one session, which she turned down, the people said.”

This part of the article may line up with the claim that I saw on twitter from an insider/journalist or something like that on Bayonetta 3 who said the voice acting job Taylor had only had 15 lines which people rightfully didn’t believe but they said something like “well you will see when the game releases”.

"In an email, Taylor described this account as “an absolute lie” and said Platinum was “trying to save their ass and the game.” She said she stood by everything she said in the video. “I would like to put this whole bloody franchise behind me quite frankly get on with my life in the theatre,” she wrote."

Kinda weird to want to put the franchise behind her after calling for a boycott of Bayonetta 3 and its spin-offs. You would think if Platinum is blatantly lying she would push even further for legal action or further reinforce to boycott of the game and start showing evidence for her side.

Last edited:
honestly all of this stuff reminds me principal agent problem theory. Pretty much stuff happen due complexity of managements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal–agent_problem

Back