• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Two prominent light wielders who were corrupted by burdens they couldn't control.

Father Balder is being used (First Key),

Starting distance is 10 m,

Speed is Unequal,

and Battle takes place inside Balder's Office.

Both combatants are 5-D.

The Man who can't be Killed:
The Corrupted Lumen Sage:
Kratos and Bayonetta team up and beat them both:

BaldurVSBalder_.jpg

Balder should have the advantage in Hax, Speed, IQ, & Experience. Baldur has zero resistance to Light Speed, no way of attacking Balder once he goes into Purgatorio, and Freya’s Curse only protects him from physical & magical threats, not spiritual. The Norse God is cooked. Plus, unlike Bayo, Balder’s a Sage which means he don’t gotta kill his enemies. He can just do some bullshit like this!!!

One case I witnessed was particularly bad. The type of punishment that never gets better, hurting for all eternity, like a curse. An Umbra Witch had the Resting Place that carried her remains shattered into pieces and her soul flung into a rift in time and space, never to be saved again.

Just thinking about what this witch must've done to get dealt a hand like that drives me almost insane with curiosity. I'd kill for the chance to sit down and chat with the Lumen Sages that did it to her.

Angelic Energy also grants Regeneration Negation. Angels stopped the Umbra Witch Statues throughout Vigrid from fixing themselves up for 500 YEARS!!!! Baldur is screwed.

Considering that Balder with Light Speed makes Bayonetta seem like she's frozen from sheer speed, and that speed is unequalised from the get-go, isn't this just a speedblitz?

and Freya’s Curse only protects him from physical & magical threats, not spiritual. The Norse God is cooked. Plus, unlike Bayo, Balder’s a Sage which means he don’t gotta kill his enemies. He can just do some bullshit like this!!!
I don't disagree with the other points you made, but to be protected from magical threats is to be protected from spiritual threats because those two are linked in GOW, as Every magic user in the verse can interact with the spirit, which is a type 1 concept. So I ain't sure any soul based attacks are working on him during this fight

I'm not very knowledgeable about Balder, but when I look at his profile, I think his light speed attack will be effective against Baldur, and I'm not sure Balder's other magical attacks will have any effect on Baldur.

The first thing I'm going to ask is, does Balder have any answers to type 1 cm?

Because every soul and magic in GoW is actually a type 1 concept.

Baldur lost his invulnerability but got a "possibly High-Godly" regen feat instead. As if getting CM1 Divine Magic wasn't enough.

So... what now?

Wait..Why does it matter if magic is CM1? Yes, it can't be nullified, but that wouldn't make it so he is magical damage also deals Conceptual damage, or anything of that style

Do you not know how CM1 works?
Having CM1, doesn't make you able to control all the facets of concepts, read the page
  • All Conceptual Manipulators are bound by the object of the concepts they have been shown to manipulate. A character able to manipulate the concept of darkness is not able to manipulate the concept of matter or an individual unless otherwise shown.

Wait..Why does it matter if magic is CM1? Yes, it can't be nullified, but that wouldn't make it so he is magical damage also deals Conceptual damage, or anything of that style
Uhhhhh... GoW Magic is a UES that amplifies all attacks, physical or magical, to its specific level. What are you even saying?

Baldur tanks, absorbs or regenerates from every hit Balder throws at him before throwing it back (and not in the fun way Ig). Speed buff might be a problem for that but he can quite literally just outlast.

Back