• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Platinum's alleged side of the story also clears up the reasoning for how Jennifer Hale was hired despite being in the same union as Hellena. Jennifer likely thought getting 4x amount higher than the average union pay work was a great offer while Hellena who was hurting for money and in a poor mental state and who's been out of the VA game for 6 years thought 4k or 15k was not enough for a character she thinks she has so level of entitlement to and instead asked for 6 figures plus residuals

Too close to the release of Bayo 3 to not just wait imho. A CRT now probably wouldn't get resolved until after the release of Bayonetta 3 anyway.

Platinum's alleged statement also corroborates a tweet from Kamiya right after the drama started that I initially believed was fake because only a screenshot of it existed where he said in English that they offered Hellena $15000. I guess that was real and was deleted for obvious legal reasons.

Okay, I've found and watched some of the leaked content. There's a lot of new stuff to talk about that I don't really wanna bring up until the game releases but just wanted to share this bit about the verses' cosmology.

I haven't watched everything, or played through the game obviously so there could be more context, but Rodin states that within the Trinity of realities, the chaos realm is made up of countless universes (timelines essentially) stacked with each other. The exact quote:

"Within the Trinity of Realities, the World of Chaos is actually made up of countless universes all stacked up together. That's the multiverse." He then goes on by explaining his theory on what Singularity's plan could be.

Essentially this would be saying that inferno, paradiso, muspelheim, and alfheim (I'm pretty sure we consider the last two as Low 2-C) are all Low 2-C structures, while the World of Chaos is a 2-B structure (we consider countless statements as 2-B iirc.) Important to note that this doesn't mention the "alpha verse" that we've seen referenced in the trailers, so this could be subject to change.

I told you waiting for Bayo 3 was the better option than jumping for upgrades. Though it would suck if the countless statement is yet another mistranslation[/I]

Countless has been used in Bayonetta before to reference something that’s infinite, so it’s likely a 2-A rating. Though this is just speculating, I’ll be saving any serious discussions until I finish the game.

@Comicgyal endless and infinite are the ones used interchangeably, not countless since a ridiculously big number can be considered countless, but not infinite.

Without context, yes. If a verse uses countless as a synonym for infinite, it would apply. Endless is just usually considered synonyms with infinite even without much context.

Okay, I've found and watched some of the leaked content. There's a lot of new stuff to talk about that I don't really wanna bring up until the game releases but just wanted to share this bit about the verses' cosmology.

I haven't watched everything, or played through the game obviously so there could be more context, but Rodin states that within the Trinity of realities, the chaos realm is made up of countless universes (timelines essentially) stacked with each other. The exact quote:

"Within the Trinity of Realities, the World of Chaos is actually made up of countless universes all stacked up together. That's the multiverse." He then goes on by explaining his theory on what Singularity's plan could be.

Essentially this would be saying that inferno, paradiso, muspelheim, and alfheim (I'm pretty sure we consider the last two as Low 2-C) are all Low 2-C structures, while the World of Chaos is a 2-B structure (we consider countless statements as 2-B iirc.) Important to note that this doesn't mention the "alpha verse" that we've seen referenced in the trailers, so this could be subject to change.
I can't speak on the leaks you're mentioning but that seems to be what the games' beginning levels imply going by the leaked gameplay.

Looks like Hellena is reigniting the drama on twitter. She tried to save face but she does not realize her new tweets are basically her admitting that she lied by omission and that the new claims she is making don't make sense to anyone.

She still insists on claiming the franchise is a 450 million american dollar franchise which is untrue as even if you include all merchandise and assume every single copy of Bayonetta 1 and 2 were sold at a full 60 dollars that would only be 200 million at most and that's being extremely generous. She changed her story to say that she was originally offered 10,000 dollars which she disagreed with so she wrote a letter in Japanese to Kamiya who she said replied with words that expressed how much he valued her contribution to the game and her importance to the fans so he was able to add 5,000 dollars to the 10,000 offer which she declined. And so Platinum parted ways with her until 11 months later where Platinum chose to offer her a cameo in the game for 4,000 dollars. Her story confirms the Bloomberg article is 100% true and according to her story Platinum really wanted her to just be a part of the project in some way. She is unintentionally making Platinum look good.

Keeping in mind that her new story confirms the validity of the Bloomberg article, that does mean she did ask for six figures plus residuals. Her response to this is completely strange because, unlike the Bloomberg article which doesn't say the exact amount she allegedly requested, Hellena says she "heard" that there were rumors going around that she requested for 250,000 dollars. This is strange because this is the first time an exact number is brought up and she might've accidentally mentioned the real value she requested for.

She also brought up that she only made 3,000 dollars for the entirety of Bayonetta 1 and a little bit more than Bayonetta 1 for Bayonetta 2. So I don't understand why she is having an issue being offered 15,000 dollars for Bayonetta 3 or even just a cameo for 4,000 dollars for a "few lines". The pay she got from Bayonetta 1 and 2 is normal even by today's standards and she would've gotten paid more than what probably most videogame VA's do for just a cameo in Bayonetta 3. It probably stems from her poor financial situation, mental health, and believing the series made more than it actually did.

Last edited:
And then she asks everyone to boycott this game lmao, wow.

Damn. I was really on her side (although I rolled my eyes a bit when she got all religious)

Apparently big spoilers about Bayonetta 3 if you only played the games to find out who she spoons and think its really important. She ends up with Luka which is apparently causing controversy.

just realized the series that used to be called sexist and misogynistic has apparently always been a queer series that straight men aren't into according to twitter dot com.

I never understood how it was misogynistic and thought it seemed more the opposite (Polygynistic) given the over abundance of overpowered Female characters relative to the male characters who aren't Rodon or Balder are portrayed as weak compared to Bayonetta and Jeanne (Such as Enzo and Luka)

It was considered misogynistic in that they believe it was made for the male audience to gawk at but in actuality, it's as you said. Now the narrative has shifted to Bayonetta 3 apparently has a terrible ending/story because Bayonetta is straight and that supposedly goes against her character because the series has always been an LGBT+ game series not for men in their eyes.

Despite Bayonetta literally only ever flirting with Luka in the series.

Funny enough, Bayonetta was originally stated to be 7'7" until the retconned that it was due to her wearing high heels + her hair style in the first game added like a whole foot to her height.

But, I am a straight white Christian male and I never had issues with Bayonetta's character or minded her dominatrix appearance. I just liked her because she kicks a lot of ass and because the fast paced gameplay was tons of fun with the story not being bad per say.

Looking at Twitter I'm convinced so many so-called Bayonetta fans have never touched the games in their life going by how they claim the games were queer-baiting and Bayonetta never showed interested in Luka yet completely forget about this scene:

I don’t really ship Bayo Luka, but she was never shown to be lgbt.. none of the characters are. People should stop making bayo and jeannes relationship a gay one, it’s clear that they’re sisters.

I never shipped Bayonetta with anyone, she was always someone who was untouchable in my eyes but Luka was the only partner for her that the games hinted at if they ever chose to go down that path which we now know they did.

By the way, I don’t think Bayonetta has shown any genuine feelings for Luka ever. He seems like more of a perverted stalker, than a genuine love interest.
I took her calling him Cheshire and doing clearly flirtatious things to him in comparison to every other character as a sign he is very important to her. As for why he is important to her I honestly don't know and the games didn't really show us why so I took it as whatever. Hopefully, Bayonetta 3 explores that aspect.

If I had a penny for everytime a fan of a game series has never actually played any of the games or has only played the most popular and relevant one...
I would be rich. It happened a little bit with DMC but not as bad with Bayonetta where I have seen self-proclaimed fans proudly admit they never played the games but they just like the character. That is really frustrating.

Well I can see why some people might think the way they do considering Mari Shimazaki has several sets of them in romantic poses, she blows kisses in the flashback fight, and they live in the same household, so there could be an implication.

but then again, there was never any explicit confirmation.

It's literally just twitter being twitter, if they're going to throw a big fuss over something so trivial as someone's sexual relationships in a video game who's main appeal is the gameplay, they're not worth discussing whatsoever. Reminds me of the RE 5 controversy because Chris Redfield was shooting infected people in Africa, and one of the VA's just said "it's a game, just have fun with it no need to make a big deal over the setting".

Back