• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reposting this so I don't have to keep flipping the page.

Day 3: Who's your favorite Bayo character?

Bayo's probably my favorite at this point but if I were to pick anyone else it'd probably be Rodin. Jeanne's a close third.

Jennifer Hale is the new voice actor for Bayonetta. Yusuke Miyata (Bayo 3's director) said the change was due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor, not because of plot reasons. Her Japanese voice actor Atsuko Tanaka will be reprising her role.

Could potentially be a misdirect, but who knows.

Last edited:
I don't have a Game Informer subscription so I can't see their piece on bayo 3 but I've seen miniscule bits on twitter. I saw something about a destructive fog called "eraser" that takes up the borders of each level. Apparently its supposed to illustrate the multiversal imbalance.

Also from the bayo wiki about Demon Slave: Demons are vulnerable to attack and each hit they take depletes the magic bar faster. This also builds up an "anger gauge" that when filled causes the summon to go berserk or something along those lines. Demons can also die, creating a cooldown before summoning again.

I also saw a photo surfacing on twitter showing a skill tree in the menu for bayo and demons.

Last edited:
With all the new multiverse connections, I should probably go on with upgrading the verse to 2-A. It’s really sound at this point.

With all the new multiverse connections, I should probably go on with upgrading the verse to 2-A. It’s really sound at this point.
I'm assuming you're gonna take a shot at it after Bayo 3 releases? In that case I'd suggest having a CRT adding new profiles and the 100% obvious barebones stuff and then follow with a cosmology CRT shortly after. It's easier to get things off the list that way.

I'm assuming you're gonna take a shot at it after Bayo 3 releases? In that case I'd suggest having a CRT adding new profiles and the 100% obvious barebones stuff and then follow with a cosmology CRT shortly after. It's easier to get things off the list that way.
Was actually considering doing it before. Since the info is in bayo 2.

From reading the Gameinformer's coverage on Bayo 3. Spoilers tags contain spoilers mild to major for the early story of Bayo 3.

• Miyata says Bayo 3 contains "even more content"
  • Kamiya says Bayo 3 takes place not too long after Bayo 2 (Damn bayo can't catch a break)
  • Game starts in the gates of hell as some crazy shit is happening on the ground level. (This is what the article says, but I'm assuming they mean after the Colour my World scene on the cruise ship.)
  • Enzo cries over a broken pic of Ed & Edna implying something bad might've happened.
  • Rodin explains whats happening and then Viola barges in acting like she knows Bayo & Jeanne, but they have no clue who she is.
  • Viola says she's from an alternate reality and is friends with the two witches in that world.
  • Multiple versions of bayonetta's from alternate timelines appear in the game (already known)
  • Platinum claims to be doing 'their own spin' on the multiverse, differencing from stuff like the MCU. Kamiya says he's a big fan of the Loki show and he had already finished writing Bayo 3's story by the time he started watching it.
  • Viola is on a mission to find Dr. Sigrund and a device called the 'chaos gear' which is likely the thing we see Bayo holding in the July trailer. Cheshire then appears and opens a portal starting off the story taking them to the island of Thule.
  • Homunculi are manmade lifeforms made up of numerous living bodies. They can reconfigure themselves, morph limbs, and split themselves up into more beings.
  • Wink Slave functions exactly like sync attacks from Astral Chain.
  • Naive Angel Mode does not censor the violence aspect of the game.
  • Each demon slave summon has their own special effect. Some areas have special summoning circles granting infinite summon time, but prevents you from dodging.
  • Like what Dieno said above Angels are apparently rare enemies and halos will become a rare form of currency. Platinum is keeping secret what rewards Halos are tied to.
  • Like mentioned in previous messages we have a skill tree now (for both ourselves and demons.) Miyata says there are a lot more skills in bayo 3 than previous installments.
  • In an effort to ease newbies into combat, things like torture attack won't be available from the start (but apparently will still be an early unlock).
  • Umbran Tears return with crows plus cats and frogs. Collecting all of them unlocks a special level 'featuring some familiar faces'!? Clearing this area gives a special mysterious item.
  • If you get sidetracked exploring clicking the left analog stick points you to the correct direction (I need this bad).
  • The "Eraser" fog I mentioned earlier is narratively a barrier eating away at reality, illustrating the instability of the multiverse. Gameplay wise it's an invisible wall that damages bayo when touched. (Bayo EE resistance maybe??)
  • The section of the game that occurs in Tokyo is an alternate universe. At the end of this section is the Gammorah riding section at which the first part of the demo ends.
  • In the section of the article addressing the "this bayo is grown up cereza" theory, the article says a parallel universe was created when little cereza was returned, doubling down on the director's commentary on Bayo 1. Miyata refuses to confirm or deny the grown up cereza theory.
  • Viola's first playable section is in the China set portion of the game where Viola's task is to find Luka. Platinum vaguely states that Viola is the catalyst for the game's events.
  • When asking about the relevance of the 2017 teaser trailer, Kamiya said it's an important part of the game and players might want to look back at it after finishing playing through Bayo 3.
  • Cheshire fights independently due to Viola's inexperience controlling her summon. As a pair Viola & Cheshire have a higher max damage output than Bayo. Viola's blocking is configured to the R button. Viola also has her own skill tree.

That was a lot...

October 6th: Favorite battle theme?

gonna have to say the Heavies (ver 2) for this one. Sorry riders of the light.

Oct 7: favorite battle theme?

I love all of them so it’s hard to choose just one so I’ll do a top 3:

1.) Aesir
2.) You may call me Father
3.) Glamor in Charm and Allure

Oct 8: Favorite non-boss enemy?

Can't exactly say I have a favorite, but I can definitely share a least favorite. Resentment. I hate that piece of shit.

This also shows some new gameplay as well. There's a small section of this video where bayo is seen fighting alongside Jeanne, who has demon masquerade as well to no suprise.

Day 12: Favorite Weapon or Accessory?

Salamandra easy. Nothing feels better than sawing the shit out of some demons. Love the way you can extend the amount of time it spends cutting out the target too.

Looks like Bayonetta and Viola are the main characters you play as and in some levels you play as alternate universe bayonettas who have unique movesets.

Main Bayonetta of this game is referred to as Arch-Eve Origin

Okay wow holy hell does this trailer show a lot of new footage.

So which one is singularity? The purple figure that killed Bayo I presume? Or the constellation monster? Side note, I never thought I’d see bayo ever explode to death in official media.
Do we also play as the other Bayonettas? It seems there’s a lot, that’s for sure. Some seem hostile, and others seem to be I’m hoping at least some of them have enough screen time to warrant their own profiles.

Not really a fan of demons just speaking straight up English now. Though not a major issue, Enochian brought a nice touch of characterization, so it’s disappointing to see that go.

Looks like we’ll also reach points in the game in which we seemingly unlock(?) and gain the trust of demons to join our cause. Also gives us confirmation that we’ll have more than just 3 Slaves/Masquerades.

Looks like Jeanne will also have a decent role in this game, getting her own 2D section. Glad she’s not being sidelined this time like in Bayo 2

you know what ? they should bring back Bayonetta to Playstation 5, xbox one, and PC. I feel like Nintendo switch limit what bayonetta game can do.

you know what ? they should bring back Bayonetta to Playstation 5, xbox one, and PC. I feel like Nintendo switch limit what bayonetta game can do.
It does but the decision to release bayo games to other platforms is Nintendos. When Bayo 2 began development, Nintendo was the only one willing to publish it. Everyone else refused.

There’s little financial benefit for Nintendo to allow release to other platforms and platinum has a good relationship with Nintendo and has no issue producing the series exclusively for them

It does but the decision to release bayo games to other platforms is Nintendos. When Bayo 2 began development, Nintendo was the only one willing to publish it. Everyone else refused.

There’s little financial benefit for Nintendo to allow release to other platforms and platinum has a good relationship with Nintendo and has no issue producing the series exclusively for them
wait a sec, why everyone refused ?

Back