• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That’s porting, as opposed to building up new combat from scratch.
Oh that's what you meant. Well I mean, I don't think they plan to change the core combat systems, as they didn't change all too much from Bayo 1 to Bayo 2 aside from new weaponry and Umbran Climax. The current formula works out for them, so I'm not expecting any drastic changes.

In the battle, Bayonetta does fly from Paradiso down to the human realm very quickly. So that justification is still there, they were just teleported to Paradiso at first.

I like the slide shows though. Fits the aesthetic.

I like the slide shows though. Fits the aesthetic.
You can still successfully incorporate the aesthetics of the slideshows like the film tape and the clocks with normal cutscenes without incomprehensible, and poorly paced slides.

And if you mean it fits the feel of the game overall, I'm not understanding how your reaching that conclusion considering how they switch between normal cutscenes and the slideshows on the fly. Slideshows do more harm than they do good.

Anyways, switching topics; Who should Aesir's/Bayo's O'Neil space colony scale to aside from the obvious four being Bayo 2 Bayonetta, Aesir, Sheba, Omne, and Full power Jub?

Are we scaling it to all the high tiers?

He could scale. Though that would also mean Bayo 1 balder would scale and that would lead to a long chain of scaling.

Shouldn't Younger Balder be above Older Balder though?

Older Balder =< Bayo 1 Bayonetta < Bayo 2 Bayonetta = Younger Balder

Mmmm…. You might be right since he was even with Bayo 2 Bayonetta but lost to Bayo 1 Bayonetta.

Didn't he also creepily absorb little Cereza to give himself a boost? He lost to Bayo 1 Bayonetta while he had a stat amp, but his younger self contended equally with Bayo 2 Bayonetta on several occasions and even managed to overwhelm her a bit at one moment.

As for Jeanne, Demon/Angel Rodin, and whoever scales to them, Jeanne only has feats showing her comparable with Bayo 1 Bayonetta, and Rodin downscales from weakened Jubileus, so this only scaling to Younger Balder, Bayo 2 Bayo, the single eye holders, and the god tiers makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
I'll repeat what I said in the thread. Jeanne can do it, but where has Bayo ever shown herself doing that outside of the lipstick shot that's very likely just gameplay?

I mean I wouldn't doubt she's capable, but that scene was very likely just game mechanics, and she hasn't shown it outside of there as far as my memory can recall.

Do you guys think there's enough evidence and/or content for us to make a Umbra Witch/Lumen Sage physiology page?

Also, an update on my top tier cleanup thread: I'm still working on it. I thought I'd have it out sometime last week or the week before that, but I got much more busy with my new job than I expected and the confusion around Loptr's rememberances of time shit delayed me more than I originally thought. I'm gonna try to knock it out this weekend.

Do they have any distinct abilities?
  • Magic
  • Darkness/Light Manip
  • Jeanne and Bayo can both regenerate from being crushed flat
  • summoning
  • travel to purgatorio
  • time manip
  • BFR
  • statistics amplification
  • weapon mastery
  • survival in space (self-sustenance, resistance to cosmic radiations, resistance to extreme temperatures)
  • flight
  • Hair Manipulation (just the witches)
  • immortality
  • Shapeshifting/transformation
  • forcefield creation
  • NPI
  • seeing invisible beings and probably more I can't think of right now.

Found a feat for the second spheres. Beloved rips off a bridge. I heard that ripping feats tend to get very solid LS results. Since Beloved is a second sphere power, the weakest of the second spheres, this pretty much scales to everyone in the laguna minus third spheres.
I am once again bumping to see if anyone is interested in calcing these. The O'Neil Space Colony and Beloved's Bridge ripping are probably the most important ones here.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm nearly done with the top tier cleanup thread. All I need to do now is finish up writing Jubileus' part and to find the scans for Loptr's Time Manip via the Rememberances of Time. I should be done either today or tomorrow.

Still no calcs for the lifting strength stuff
cover3.jpg

I'll just ignore LS for now and get to other stuff starting with converting the Angels and Demons pages to the format that Glass posted the other week.

You can at least slap the whole truck pushing feat Irenic does for the third sphere, though what level of lifting strength that qualifies for I’m not 100% sure

Why are the keys for the demons page just
"Low Tier Demons | Mid Tier Demons | Resentment"

and its AP justification for High 6-A just says "Can force the Gates of Hell open through sheer willpower" and nothing else.

There's a lot of problems with these pages:
  • Formatting is kinda crappy (solution already found).
  • How do we define what Low Tier, Mid Tier, and High Tier demons are?
  • The Angels page uses abilities from the Cardinal Virtues despite the cardinals not being on the page.
  • Mid Tier Demons and Second Sphere angels have 7-B, likely 6-B with no calc justifications (iirc its stated on one of the rule pages that tiers 9-A through High 6-A need a calculation to be granted to a feat).
  • What demons/angels are getting their own profiles, and which ones are just getting included in the species pages?
  • Should demons/angels with their own pages be mentioned in the pages at all outside of the summary?
  • Probably more issues.

I'm all in favor of nuking the specific angels and demons pages if they're a part of the angels and demons page. It's severely redundant and the page I have for reference does a FAR better job of distinguishing the different levels of creatures and their distinct abilities.

I think its pretty clear cut with the Angels. Just keep the Cardinal virtues' pages and nuke G&G's, Glamor's, and Joy's profiles. The demons is where it gets complicated, because you have multiple demons on the Cardinal's level.

Insidious clearly isn't on the level of the Cardinal's so he can get nuked, and Diomedes' best feat is stomping Glamor so Diomedes can probably also get nuked too. The problem lies in "where the hell does the line get drawn." Because if we just nuke Insidious and Diomedes but keep Gamorrah, Malphas, and Pharasmante for being Cardinal Virtue level, that's not fair to Labolas, Scolependra, and Hydra who are also Cardinal Level but don't have their own profiles.

Also, slightly off topic, but on the verse page, the image that links to the Angels of Paradiso has the official art of all the angels as the image. Cool right?

But the image that links to the Infernal Demons isn't the official art of all the demons, its just a picture of Labolas which is incredibly annoying and misleading. I've clicked on that link thinking that Labolas actually had a profile several times before and it pisses me off.

where the hell does the line get drawn
You did that on purpose didn't you 🗿

if they hardly have much that distinguishes them enough for being a unique character I wouldn't mind them being a part of the demons page. Characters like Alraune are an exception of course given she has far more distinguishing abilities as opposed to other demons.

You did that on purpose didn't you 🗿
🗿
if they hardly have much that distinguishes them enough for being a unique character I wouldn't mind them being a part of the demons page. Characters like Alraune are an exception of course given she has far more distinguishing abilities as opposed to other demons.
That sounds workable. In that case, Madama B and Alraune can stay while everyone else can go. Maybe Gamorrah can also stay considering its the most frequently appearing summon minus Madama in the entire series and did play a pretty big part in getting the plot for Bayo 2 going.

Anyone have that clip of Bayo getting shot in the forehead? Bayo, not Balder. Regen by getting crushed flat is getting nerfed to just be elasticity or minor toon force and I need feats to find a new level of regen for her and anyone else with Mid regen.

Back