• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Cleaups Part 1: God Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
Alright, so a lot of Bayonetta verse profiles are in a state of not-so-good quality right now and pretty much most of the verse is in need of major cleanups, so might as well break down the workload into parts, starting with the profiles of the god tiers. Hopefully this CRT doesn't end up to be a shit show like the last few CRTs for this verse and and goes largely uncontroversial.

While I should note that Lifting Strength (and somewhat Range) for the verse as a whole is really messed up, we still need several things calced before LS can be handled, so this CRT will not be covering that, and instead LS will be handled in its own CRT at a later time.

Loptr (Aesir)

All that needs to be dealt with here is the Powers and Abilities section. The rest of the profile is fine.

Base Loptr has Time Manipulation in his tabber, but that should be moved down to his Young Loptr tabber as his Time Manipulation is through the rememberances of time, something he shares with Loki that allows Loptr to restore certain destroyed objects back to their original state. (Note: time manip on Loptr's and Loki's profile should have parentheses added noting that time manip is Via the Rememberances of Time. It should also be added in the notable attacks/techniques section.)

Right Eye Loptr has 3 abilities listed for that key that I want to address: Incorporeality, Afterimage creation, and Resistance to Soul Manipulation. Incorporeality and Afterimage creation are two things he already displayed as Base Loptr, and should be moved down to that key. I'm not 100% sure where resistance to Soul Manipulation came from, but I believe the reasoning is because he can take hits from Bayonetta's Soul Manip weapons (which I personally find a little sketchy cuz game mechanics and other reasons, but that's something that will be addressed for another time), so if that's the case, he should have Soul Manip resistance moved down to his Young Loptr key.

Aesir's key is a bit weird. Starting off with Soul Manipulation and Shapeshifting, I don't know when these were ever preformed and there's no statement in the Hierarchy of the Laguna that supports these, so they should be removed. Secondly, Aesir should have Technology Manipulation added as he pretty blatantly can control military planes, fire missiles, and launch satellite lasers at his command.

Lastly, Aesir should have his Low-Godly Regeneration removed and replaced. Low Godly is described as the following on the page: "The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else." Aesir has been given Low-Godly for this scene (20:02-21:55) in which, after having his soul separated from his body and having his body destroyed and devoured, Aesir manages to survive and attempts to escape to the spirit realm so he can be reborn in a different era. Cool, but the problem is he only made half the requirement. He survived as a soul, but he never actually managed to regenerate from it.

From what I've asked, this seems more akin to Immortality Type 7 or Type 6, rather than regeneration. Low-Godly should be removed and replaced with Immortality Type 7 or 6 and Resurrection (for him planning to have been reborn.)

Summary:
  • Move Soul Manip resistance and Time Manip down to Young Loptr's key and specify that Time Manip is via the rememberances of time
  • Move incorporeality and Afterimage Creation down to Base Loptr's key
  • Remove Soul Manipulation and Shapeshifting
  • Add Technology Manipulation to Aesir's key
  • Replace Aesir's Low-Godly Regeneration with Immortality Type 7 or 6 and Resurrection

Jubileus

Just like Loptr, all that's being dealt with for now is her Powers and Abilities section.

For starters, Jubileus needs to have the tabber for her Full Power key renamed to "Right Eye" and her Weakened key tabber changed to "Base" due to the fact that its accepted that single-eye holders have all the abilities that Jubileus has listed in that tabber (with the exception of Resistance to Soul Manip which I'll address in a second) and that Jubileus' weakened key is her having only one eye. Essentially, Jubileus being full powered and not full powered has no relevance to her Powers & Abilities section. Resistance to Soul Manip is unrelated to having the eyes of the world, so it should be moved out of the Right Eye abilities section.

Jubileus should also recieve whatever form of Immortality that Aesir is accepted to receive
as she can also survive as just a soul if she crashes into one of the planets.

Summary:
  • Rename Weakened key tabber to "Base"
  • Rename Full Power tabber to "Right eye"
  • Move down Soul Manip resistance to the Base tabber.
  • Give Jubileus what ever type of Immortality that Aesir is accepted to be given

Queen Sheba

For the third time in a row, its just Powers and Abilities for this profile.

For starters Large Size (Type 5) needs to be changed to Large Size (Type 3) or potentially (Type 4). According to the Large Size page, Type 5 is planetary sized beings. Jubileus is about the size of a skyscraper and even has type 2 on her profile. Here's Queen Sheba in comparison to Jubileus. This is most likely at least Type 3 which would be mountain sized. Type 4 is supposed to be easily viewable on earth from outer space view, but I'm not sure if Sheba reaches that point. I'd say sheba is most likely type 3, but I'm open to putting type 4. We also need to remove Reality Warping and Forcefield Creation from her profile as she's literally never displayed either of these. Lastly, Sheba has self-sustenance on her profile for surviving in space, but surviving in space also earns resistance to cosmic radiations, so that should be added too.

Summary:
  • Change Large Size (Type 5) to either (Type 3) or (Type 4)
  • Remove Reality Warping and Forcefield Creation
  • Add Resistance to Cosmic Radiations

Omne

Omne needs a few things. First off, she needs "likely resistance to Soul Manipulation" axed, as I have no clue why that's there since there's zero proof of it and essentially just a baseless assumption. Secondly, forcefield creation needs to be axed as well since Omne has literally never displayed this.

And finally, Omne needs to have Nigh-Omniscience removed. Omne's justification for Nigh Omniscience comes from her Book of Infernal Demons entry in the English version of Bayonetta 2 which says the following:
"An omniscient being formed by a miraculous unison of the powers of Paradiso and Inferno.

The past leaders of the Umbra and Lumen clans, though they were aware of Omne's existence, were unable to summon it to this realm. It took the combined power of light and darkness, united in the bond of father and daughter, to finally summon Omne successfully.

Possessing the qualities of both darkness and light, it can defeat even the most despondent of chaos."

Now Here's Qliphoth Bacikal's translation of the Japanese version of the same entry:
天魔和合によって出現した奇跡の結晶にして全能なるもの。

かつての賢者と魔女の長たちですら、その存在を知ることはあっても召喚することはかなわなかったが、光と闇、父と子の力が調和したことによって現世に召喚された。

光と闇の特性を合わせ持ち、混沌すら打ち消すことができる。

OMNE

An Almighty Being that emerges through a miraculous fusion of Heaven and the Demonic.

Although the Sage and Witch clans were aware of her existence, they were unable to summon her. But she was later summoned into this world through the harmony of light and darkness, of father and daughter.

She possesses characteristics of light and darkness, and can banish even chaos itself.
There's a pretty huge difference between Almighty and Omniscient. I've been told that in cases like this where the English version is this much different than the Japanese version, we typically follow the Japanese version, so in that case, Omne's Nigh-Omniscience should be removed.

Summary:
  • Remove Nigh-Omniscience
  • Remove Likely resistance to Soul Manipulation and Forcefield Creation

That's about it for the top tier cleanups. Next I'll probably cleanup the Angels of Paradiso's and the Infernal Demon's pages, unless we get the lifting strength feats calced first, which in that case, lifting strength around the verse would get cleaned up next. Some help getting those feats calced would be appreciated. I apologize if this CRT was poorly formatted, as I wasn't sure how to format this one, but I went with what ever I thought would work the best.

Please try to keep this civil.

Last edited:
Doesn't the immortality thing fit more with type 6? He isn't dead technically nor did he die, he is just gonna take another body eventually

Doesn't the immortality thing fit more with type 6? He isn't dead technically nor did he die, he is just gonna take another body eventually
Type 6 could work, but he wasn't really gonna take another body though, he was just going to the spirit realm to resurrect himself. Although I suppose the state he was in does act like Type 6 and he is capable of somewhat possessing people.

I think Type 6 probably does work, but I'll see what others have to say though. I'll update the OP.

I also forgot to mention that Jubileus also gets whatever immortality Aesir is accepted to get as she's also capable of surviving as just a soul if she crashes into one of the planets

. I'll add that to the OP too.

From what I've asked, this seems more akin to Immortality Type 7 or Type 6, rather than regeneration. Low-Godly should be removed and replaced with Immortality Type 7 or 6 and Resurrection (for him planning to have been reborn.)
It sounds like Immortality Type 7 and Resurrection best since there no clear feat or statement presented that shows he can possess a body.

• Change Large Size (Type 5) to either (Type 3) or (Type 4)
    • I think Large Size(Type 3) works best

The others things are fine.

Thank you for helping out. What has been accepted here can probably be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back