• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can wait for bayo 3, and what they do with the timelines and the TOR. Depending on what happens, I can see our scaling going up by a ton

Anything you guys noticed from the trailer?
Takes place in Tokyo.

Bayonetta dances almost young pop star like instead like a seductress in the previous games.

Humans interacting with the mysterious monsters, meaning this is in the human world or something is going on.

Bayonetta summons her demons in their full form instead of through her hair which explains why she doesn't lose her hair clothing during attacks.

Her shadow isn't madame butterfly or at least the normal madame butterfly.

White haired person at the end of the trailer has what looks to be Shuraba with Cheshire (the toy) on it.

Takes place in Tokyo.

Bayonetta dances almost young pop star like instead like a seductress in the previous games.

Humans interacting with the mysterious monsters, meaning this is in the human world or something is going on.

Bayonetta summons her demons in their full form instead of through her hair which explains why she doesn't lose her hair clothing during attacks.

Her shadow isn't madame butterfly or at least the normal madame butterfly.

White haired person at the end of the trailer has what looks to be Shuraba with Cheshire (the toy) on it.
Yeah, I’m assuming she dances more pop star esque because maybe she was raised in Japan. Which definitely has a lot of pop star type stuff going on, or maybe she’s just trying to emulate Bayonetta lol

I guess it sort of depends, her hair is still the catalyst as we saw in certain situations, but maybe when she brings them out entirely it doesn’t need hair. A weird difference than normal Bayonetta for sure

We also saw that the sword has a paw print on it, and there was a dog at the beginning of the trailer.. some speculate the dog is Loki, or maybe the sword wielder as well.

I wonder what relationships she’ll have? I doubt she’d have met Rodin, luka, and definitely not Enzo.

The blood moon prophecies are a series of prophecies in the Bible which, according to Christian preachers John Hagee and Mark Biltz, state that a tetrad (a series of four consecutive lunar eclipses—all total and coinciding on Jewish holidays—with six full moons in between, and no intervening partial lunar eclipses) which began with the April 2014 lunar eclipse is the beginning of the end times as described in the Bible in the Book of Joel, Acts 2:20, and Revelation 6:12. The tetrad ended with the lunar eclipse on September 27–28, 2015.
- from the wikipedia page on the blood moon prophecy.

The bayonetta 3 teaser trailer began with a blood moon and the gameplay trailer ended with a blood moon.

maybe they're pulling the DMC 3 route and making this a prequel
If it was a prequel it'd have to involve alternate timelines. Because we know Bayonetta 1 takes place not long after she was released from her casket and the fact that this game is set in modern times. Her techniques also seem more advanced and more practical in this trailer.

It probably isn’t a prequel, if so it would probably be a big word with the way the timelines work out anyways.

Bayonetta 2 hints at their timeline being a massive loop anyways, so who can really tell. All we know for certain is that at the end of bayo 2, possessed balder is the balder we fight in bayo 1

Anything you guys noticed from the trailer?
- from the wikipedia page on the blood moon prophecy.

The bayonetta 3 teaser trailer began with a blood moon and the gameplay trailer ended with a blood moon.

All demons have different appearances than previously. Whether drastic or small, all the demons in the trailer have changed from their previous appearances:
  • Gamorrah has jewels on its neck
  • Malphas has sky blue ribbons attached to its wings
  • The giant spider (I hate trying to spell its name) has this white looking armor
  • Madama Butterfly(?) has the most drastic change of them all, with a new neon looking skin color, new headwear, and modeling.

New guns are 3 barreled and are named Colour my World (probably already known).

Symbols now emit off of her back at the end of summon dances.

The enemies in the trailer have been confirmed to be neither angel nor demon, but still appear to have holy looking symbols.

Kamiya is a massive troll.

Angels have yet to be seen anywhere in both the teaser (likely, assuming the ghost figure isn't one) and the recent gameplay trailer.

Bayo's Demon Slave from the trailer and Umbran Climax from Bayo 2 share 1 key similarity and have 1 key difference:
  • Both have their hair let down and with a magical aura radiating from both.
  • Demon Slave’s aura is a light red, while Umbran Climax had a light purple aura.

Last edited:
I really love the symbol that comes off her back, it’s so visually appealing to me. I’m sad they didn’t show us Jeanne in a confirmed way, I’m excited to see her design ofc but she needs more art (and people are drawing bayo a lot lol)

I hope we still have an author to explain story lore, and that the weapons are super cool. Personally I don’t want ANY of the old weapons.

New enemies release these magatama shaped items, which are also the currency it seems like in game. Which is associated with gods in Japanese mythos, and the game takes place in Japan.
Might these Japanese gods have anything to do with apocalyptic scenarios?

I think this game may have an apocalypse theme going on with it. Considering the blood moon, the new and unknown enemy that humans can see and interact with directly, the grim feel of the teaser trailer, and the ending of Bayo 2 in which Loki said the world would either be destroyed, or humanity would create its own path.

Oh yeah and the fact that the city looks ruined and kind of deserted.

Side note, I wonder if the part with gamorrah gliding on those warped buildings is happening in the purgatorio or the human realm 💀

Might these Japanese gods have anything to do with apocalyptic scenarios?

I think this game may have an apocalypse theme going on with it. Considering the blood moon, the new and unknown enemy that humans can see and interact with directly, the grim feel of the teaser trailer, and the ending of Bayo 2 in which Loki said the world would either be destroyed, or humanity would create its own path.
They could be. I don’t know what to make of the apocalypse stuff. The witches and sages did create weapons like the golems, and humans can see them. So they could be of lumen origin.. but people tend to forget that the humans in bayonettas universe knew magic, and weren’t weak. But this was back during the old era.

Whatever does go on, I hope we get infinite timelines 🙏

Oh yeah and the fact that the city looks ruined and kind of deserted.

Side note, I wonder if the part with gamorrah gliding on those warped buildings is happening in the purgatorio or the human realm 💀
Well since humans can already see them, I doubt she’d go in purgatorio. If the trinity is merged, I doubt purgatorio is that can be entered into anyways

also since whatever happens in purgatorio happens in the human world, the destruction would be the same regardless 😭

Seems Kamiua take a note from fan pict where Bayonetta can used Madama butterfly like DT and he applied in this game... but kinda sad Hellena Taylor didn't voice Bayonetta.

So let me put my tinfoil fedora on and come up with my crackpot theory.

I believe that this is a continuation of Bayo 2, however this Bayo isn't the same from 2 but maybe a grown up Cereza from Bayo 1. The reason I think this comes from the first trailer we see what looks to be Bayonetta getting killed by something. Due to her legs literally falling in different directions it looks like she was cut in half. I theorize that she was possibly killed by Not Vergil because of the sword. So the Cereza from the other timeline will go about fighting to revive the other Bayo or will have to take the helm as the new Bayo.

This is of course all speculation. What do you all think?

That seems to be the most likely assumption, the new Bayonetta in 3 has too many similarities to young Cereza from Bayonetta 1. However I don’t think the Bayonetta killed in the trailer is bayonetta 2 bayo, since she has long hair.

That seems to be the most likely assumption, the new Bayonetta in 3 has too many similarities to young Cereza from Bayonetta 1. However I don’t think the Bayonetta killed in the trailer is bayonetta 2 bayo, since she has long hair.
If the teaser is still relevant I think it's possible someone went back in time to Bayonetta 1 and "killed" Bayonetta effectively preventing the events of Bayonetta 2 and evil Balder from Bayonetta 1 and that person at the end of the gameplay trailer brings Cereza to the present time instead of Balder and protects Cereza. Then Cereza somehow got possession of both eyes.

It's the only way I can see how the Eyes are back.

Wouldn’t that just ruin the entire point of Bayo 2’s ending where humanity lives on without them?

Well Loki said that it either live without them, or be destroyed. So I don’t think the ending would be ruined, since it’s a matter of chance anyways.

Speaking of Bayo 2's ending...

I think Bayo 3's plot largely revolves around Loki's statement about the eye's effect on the world. I don't think Loki meant a possible destruction would be a fast process. I think he meant it would be a slow, apocalyptic sort of process. Again, going back to the blood moon. The beginning of the end. The end of the world.

I think what Loki meant by "or humanity will create it's own path" meant dealing with this threat in some way. Either humanity creating its own path failed, resulting in these blob things popping up, OR humanity creating it's own path means defeating this blob threat through some way (bayonetta saving everyone's ass again lmao) or another (some societal, heart changing persona shit.

Wouldn’t that just ruin the entire point of Bayo 2’s ending where humanity lives on without them?
Not necessarily as the time loop back to Bayo 1 from Bayo 2 would kinda ruin that point as well. Bayo 2's ending shows humanity CAN live without the existence of the Eyes but that wouldn't necessarily stop someone from taking the eyes and using them for a nefarious purpose all over again.

I think that would be limited resistance to the remembrance of time's retrocognition. There isn't a power on the wiki that this would 100% line up with.

It’s most likely clairvoyance. Also Bayo will most likely get Magic absorption & Life force absorption, because of this move.

When used on an enemy it absorbs their magic, and also kills them.

Think so? Since the weapon already is on her profile, I guess it would only be expanding on already accepted info

If the ability was already accepted in a prior CRT you can add it, if not you need to make a CRT first.

Is statement about Rodin being "most powerfull character in series" by Platinum are valid?
We can’t really say for certain, because story wise Rodin doesn’t fight any super strong bosses. However Rodin seemed to not think aesir was a threat, and was originally the same ranking as Jubileus who was the strongest in paradiso. So it’s possible.

Is it possible that the Bayonetta killed in the trailer was actually none of the Bayonettas we've met so far? Like maybe the person with the sword (looked like it could have been a woman to me, maybe even a parallel universe Jeanne, or possibly Balder) is going around killing parallel versions of Bayonetta to ultimately wipe her out from every universe? If so, the one killed at the start could be another Bayonetta entirely and past Cereza is still the protagonist, possibly with future Bayonetta being present as well at times. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was killed during the story though. As for the person having Cheshire, that could mean it's a parallel Balder, a parallel Jeanne, possibly even a parallel Bayonetta or a parallel Luka, but it could also just be some kind of trophy from killing the owner.

Is it possible that the Bayonetta killed in the trailer was actually none of the Bayonettas we've met so far? Like maybe the person with the sword (looked like it could have been a woman to me, maybe even a parallel universe Jeanne, or possibly Balder) is going around killing parallel versions of Bayonetta to ultimately wipe her out from every universe? If so, the one killed at the start could be another Bayonetta entirely and past Cereza is still the protagonist, possibly with future Bayonetta being present as well at times.
This could be the case, since the gun names are different, and she doesn’t have a mole I think? I wonder why someone is trying to kill bayo across all timelines, if this is the case.

There can be all manner of reasons. For example, if you kill past Cereza it might erase the existence of the Bayonetta that existed in the first two games. She is her past self after all. Doing that might bring Aesir or Jubileus, or both, back to life. If Bayonetta was absent during the second game and the eye belonged to someone else, or even already belonged to Loptr, Aesir would have emerged at full power and changed things. This swords person could be someone who wanted that.

Plus we don't know what else changed when Bayonetta saved Cereza from being put in that coma. Interesting how she still has the same connection to, and history with, Luka even though a Cereza that was never put in stasis also never emerged from that lake when Luka's father was killed, and was therefore never wrongly believed to be the guilty party, and was therefore never Luka's obsession. Bayonetta seems to have made her timeline inconsistent or even unstable by doing that. There's also the fact that Bayonetta has certainly thumbed her nose at a lot of people. Demons and angels alike hate her because she refuses to play by either of their rules and actively destroys the game board for good measure.

In short, with Bayonetta having numerous enemies and having caused chaos by killing the beings who demanded order, the person with the sword could be anyone. There's also the possibility that the sword user is not the one who kills Bayonetta in the teaser. What if it's Balder or Jeanne, carrying Cereza's favourite doll in memory of the Bayonetta who was killed in the teaser? What if the being hunting Bayonetta is someone else entirely? It's true the sword person heavily resembles Vergil, and they might go for them being a villain like he is, but it could be a red herring turned reversal. It could be teasing a new rival or ally or even a new playable character.

Back