• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
LOLL, Bayonetta 3 has been in development for the same amount of time that BOTW 2 is going to be released

I think kamiya really wanted us to forget about it

I don’t get why Nintendo or platinum needed to announce Bayo 3 if they don’t have anything to show after like 3 years.

It might just be for the sake of building hype, but I worry most fans will give up after a while. Just an official statement or another trailer would be okay

I’d rather have them announce the game with actual gameplay footage like Capcom does with a lot of their announcements as opposed to teasing us with a 20 second CG.

If DMC 6 gets announced before Bayo 3 gets any form of gameplay footage then I’m slapping Kamiya.

Btw, I'm working on a Bayo CRT that should be up sometime soon. Its nothing big and shouldn't be too controversial. Just working on some verse cleanups starting with the god tiers' profiles (Lifting strength revisions not included. Still need that O'neil space colony properly calced).

Removing some abilities that shouldn't be there, adding some that obviously should, moving around some things that should be on the profiles but are in the wrong place, etc.

A lot of the verse needs cleanups pretty badly so might as well break it down by starting with the top.

The only serious hax I plan to deal with as of right now is aesir’s low godly and Omne’s nigh-omniscience

I forgot to give Bayonetta, Aesir, and Jubileus nigh omniscience. Is that something I need a crt for though? It was already discussed and agreed upon

Balder is said to be nigh omniscient and he only has one eye. Same should apply to Bayonetta. Aside from those two Jubileus and Aesir definitely need it.

Balder is said to be nigh omniscient and he only has one eye. Same should apply to Bayonetta. Aside from those two Jubileus and Aesir definitely need it.
This doesn’t make sense though. She didn’t know how to get to the Gates of Hell without Rodin, Jeanne’s identity, nor the Lumen Sage’s true identity, the quote itself also very blatantly seems to refer to both Eyes - hence the role of Overseer.

Not necessarily. Each eye is from one singular power, the only difference is that one is for the sages, and one is for the witches. There isn’t any hax or knowledge differences.

This doesn’t make sense though. She didn’t know how to get to the Gates of Hell without Rodin, Jeanne’s identity, nor the Lumen Sage’s true identity, the quote itself also very blatantly seems to refer to both Eyes - hence the role of Overseer.
Isn’t the whole definition of nigh omniscience, to be missing knowledge? She didn’t know Jeanne because she didn’t awaken her eye, so that doesn’t count, and she didn’t know that it was Balder because she killed him. Since he’s from another timeline it’s possible that’s a reason why as well.

But I can get it translated. Aesir has full omniscience which is why he’s a complete overseer, but if Balder has it then she should as well. Even if she didn’t know two things.

Single eye holders are referred to as overseers as well. Bayonetta herself gets called overseer of darkness multiple times iirc. Also, this would only apply to her left eye key, as her profiles currently assume she doesn't have the left eye active in bayo 2. Hell, that assumption was pretty much the entire basis of Glassman's downgrade thread for her Bayo 2 key to go to High 6-A a few months ago.

Bayonetta and Balder don’t just walk around in their eye, since well Bayonetta had to awaken the eye in the first place. But she gets power boosts from having it to begin with.

Loki (evil one) using tarot cards is enough proof that their abilities pass over. They’re the same person anyways

How is Loki using tarot cards proof that every single variation of Loptr has the same abilities? Loki and Loptr were once the same person, yes, but they're literally established as two separate beings now. Aesir himself should have all the abilities of Loki and Loptr, but there's absolutely no proof it should work the opposite way around.

Child Goku the original Dragon Ball is the same person as Goku in Dragon Ball Super, so does that mean child Goku gets all of Dragon Ball Super Goku's abilities?

No, because child Goku came before Super Goku lol. But as the dragon ball series progresses, Goku doesn’t “lose” or forget any of the abilities he had as kid.

They all used to be one being, so why would they lose powers, as they’re getting more and more back to their original self? Evil Loptr has Lokis cards, and evil Loptr evolves into Prophet, who turns into Aesir. Don’t see any reason to change their power set.

No, because child Goku came before Super Goku lol. But as the dragon ball series progresses, Goku doesn’t “lose” or forget any of the abilities he had as kid.

They all used to be one being, so why would they lose powers, as they’re getting more and more back to their original self? Evil Loptr has Lokis cards, and evil Loptr evolves into Prophet, who turns into Aesir. Don’t see any reason to change their power set.
I'm not saying they are, I'm asking why does Loptr's base key have powers on his profile that he doesn't until he becomes Aesir?

Yeah I don’t get why Loptr has Loki’s powers when it was even established that the power of nothingness wasn’t something Loptr adapted to him, especially when he became Aesir.

I don't mind the power of nothingness being on his Aesir tabber since Loki did state it was Aesir's real power, but it doesn't really matter anyways, cuz it'd be out of character and unusable in matches considering its kind of implied Loptr had no idea about the power of nothingness considering his complete confusion after losing his power and the shock on his face when Loki was explaining it.

But I was referring to things like time travel and time manip, since Loptr doesn't show that stuff until he becomes Aesir.

It’s not that Aesir didnt know about it being there, he just didn’t think Loki had access to that power, especially since Loki himself said that Aesir believed all that he had was the sovereign power. So it’s not ooc for him to use it.

Also Loptr travels through time to kill Bayonettas mother, and to pull Balder back from the past. So

Back