• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

9048464-bleachtier.png

strongest bleach characters tier list i made
Aizen + his wheelchair drip all

Actually, since it was brought up, I'd like to ask a question, a somewhat controversial one. Which series generally has better swordsmanship: Bleach, or Demon Slayer?

In my opinion it's Bleach, not because I'm biased (I kinda am tho), but because it has a lot of feats people seem to gloss over and not only say disingenuous shit like "it's only Bankais and blowing shit up" Or the many, many times I've heard "Ichigo just swings his sword". Of course I can be lazy and just say Unohana's feat alone already dunks on the verse, and how Yamamoto scaling massively above her also adds insult to injury, but there's much more I can say about Bleach's swordsmanship. For f***s sake, it's a verse whose main power system is swords, and people act like there isn't any swordsmanship in it.

Definitely Demon Slayer, but KnY is not something I'm interested in arguing about

EDIT: I interpreted the question as: "which show showcases better swordsmanship". In terms of which series has better swordsmen/swordsmanship, Bleach by far.

Definitely Demon Slayer, but KnY is not something I'm interested in arguing about

EDIT: I interpreted the question as: "which show showcases better swordsmanship". In terms of which series has better swordsmen/swordsmanship, Bleach by far.
DS, I'll admit, has "shown" better, but Bleach swordsmen dunk on KnY. Like, Ichigo as a swordsman has shown far more feats in terms of potential than anyone in KnY, and also has probably shown more feats in general. I mean, stalemating Kenpachi with only 10 days of training is not a small feat, considering Kenpachi's own insane intuition and his own crazy feat himself.

Actually, since it was brought up, I'd like to ask a question, a somewhat controversial one. Which series generally has better swordsmanship: Bleach, or Demon Slayer?

In my opinion it's Bleach, not because I'm biased (I kinda am tho), but because it has a lot of feats people seem to gloss over and not only say disingenuous shit like "it's only Bankais and blowing shit up" Or the many, many times I've heard "Ichigo just swings his sword". Of course I can be lazy and just say Unohana's feat alone already dunks on the verse, and how Yamamoto scaling massively above her also adds insult to injury, but there's much more I can say about Bleach's swordsmanship. For f***s sake, it's a verse whose main power system is swords, and people act like there isn't any swordsmanship in it.
I'd go Bleach

There're a bunch of geniuses

DS, I'll admit, has "shown" better, but Bleach swordsmen dunk on KnY. Like, Ichigo as a swordsman has shown far more feats in terms of potential than anyone in KnY, and also has probably shown more feats in general. I mean, stalemating Kenpachi with only 10 days of training is not a small feat, considering Kenpachi's own insane intuition and his own crazy feat himself.
yeah i def agree

i dont think anyone in kny stands a chance in skill

Demon slayer cause they got effects and Shi without having powers

Prove it can. Things like echolocation are things Kars can in reason access.

D4C transfers memories so they will have already experienced the pasting and evolve past it.
Base ks could already affect extrasensory like reiryoku perception. Merged ks can affect perception as powerful as almighty.

Aizen would just overwhelm the resistance.
You can actually make this case since weaker illusion powers like Sakanade can manipulate an entire armies Echolocation in the novels (Ikomikidomoe's hollow clones).

There should still be other senses in the animal kingdom kars has that should require feats from Aizen to affect. It's that diverse.
Base aizen could affect extrasensory.
Merged ks could affect something like almighty so affecting sone animalistic sense is child's play.
Don't forget arrancers are composition of million minds each have their separate identity. Inferior mind hax can affect them

whose gonna do it again

That's not really as big of a feat as people gas it up to be

(I know dis probably bait)
It ain’t bait tho bleach as good swordsmanship but demon slayers have sword styles based on stuff like sun moon lightning and sword technique are more explored like the power system focuses on sword technique so it’s bond to be better

It ain’t bait tho bleach as good swordsmanship but demon slayers have sword styles based on stuff like sun moon lightning and sword technique are more explored like the power system focuses on sword technique so it’s bond to be better
Bleach's swordsmanship isn't something spoonfed to you in order to understand, it has legitimate swordsmanship from real world and fictional practices. Learning how to wield a Zanpakuto and unlocking new moves with it aren't pure hax feats. Getsuga Tenshou is literally a Zanjutsu technique, hence why Isshin could use it. Mastering Bankai is a skill that only very dedicated, talented, and experienced individuals can achieve, hence why it is one of the standards for being a captain, aside from defeating them (which Kenpachi did btw against another Kenpachi, whom are potrayed to be the most skilled aside from Yamaji himself)

Plus, naming moves doesn't equate to skill, if that was the case, Mihawk would be the most unskilled swordsman in fiction, and we know Mihawk skillstomps every KnY character effortlessly.

Just having hax isn't good enough as a Shinigami, it's considered shameful for one to not know Zanjutsu.

Bleach swordsmen have also shown better feats too, like Ichigo deflecting omnidirectional paper thin danmaku (which people claim is only a speed feat despite the fact that Ichigo clearly had trouble keeping up even in Bankai, and that you need ridiculous dexterity to perform such a feat), or when Ichigo outskilled Ginjo and took advantage of his sword's slow swing and the surface area of his sword by turning it on its axis to split his sword in two, or when Ichigo mastered dual wielding instantaneously and fought Yhwach. Those are feats that no one in Kimetsu has done, or probably could ever do, and that's just the ones I have easily on hand. To pull out the simplest argument: Unohana mastered 8000 different sword styles, and Yamamoto massively scales above her.

Just because you rely more on swordsmanship for the overall power system, doesn't mean you have better swordsmanship than others that don't, again, if that were the case, KnY characters would be contending with characters like Zoro since OP's main thing is Haki, and we know that is sure as hell not happening. Plus, Shinigami rely on it only slightly less than the Demon Slayers, only due to the fact that they have other shit like Kido.

Bleach's swordsmanship isn't something spoonfed to you in order to understand, it has legitimate swordsmanship from real world and fictional practices. Learning how to wield a Zanpakuto and unlocking new moves with it aren't pure hax feats. Getsuga Tenshou is literally a Zanjutsu technique, hence why Isshin could use it. Mastering Bankai is a skill that only very dedicated, talented, and experienced individuals can achieve, hence why it is one of the standards for being a captain, aside from defeating them (which Kenpachi did btw against another Kenpachi, whom are potrayed to be the most skilled aside from Yamaji himself)

Plus, naming moves doesn't equate to skill, if that was the case, Mihawk would be the most unskilled swordsman in fiction, and we know Mihawk skillstomps every KnY character effortlessly.

Just having hax isn't good enough as a Shinigami, it's considered shameful for one to not know Zanjutsu.

Bleach swordsmen have also shown better feats too, like Ichigo deflecting omnidirectional paper thin danmaku (which people claim is only a speed feat despite the fact that Ichigo clearly had trouble keeping up even in Bankai, and that you need ridiculous dexterity to perform such a feat), or when Ichigo outskilled Ginjo and took advantage of his sword's slow swing and the surface area of his sword by turning it on its axis to split his sword in two, or when Ichigo mastered dual wielding instantaneously and fought Yhwach. Those are feats that no one in Kimetsu has done, or probably could ever do, and that's just the ones I have easily on hand. To pull out the simplest argument: Unohana mastered 8000 different sword styles, and Yamamoto massively scales above her.

Just because you rely more on swordsmanship for the overall power system, doesn't mean you have better swordsmanship than others that don't, again, if that were the case, KnY characters would be contending with characters like Zoro since OP's main thing is Haki, and we know that is sure as hell not happening. Plus, Shinigami rely on it only slightly less than the Demon Slayers, only due to the fact that they have other shit like Kido.
Why do we consider captains are master swordsmanship? Do we have concrete statement about all of them them being master?
Which one is rated higher? Master or expert?

Why do we consider captains are master swordsmanship?
Not all of them are (even tho who we do consider as masters should be higher like Gin and Toshiro). Captains can alter or improve upon their Bankais without swordsmanship like Mayuri who tweaks it with technology.
Do we have concrete statement about all of them them being master?
Not quite all of them, some don't even use their swords that much (Soifon and Yoruichi) and some of them do in fact mostly rely on hax or intelligence like Mayuri. But Kenpachi, Unohana (Definitely), Aizen, Isshin (scaling from dueling Aizen), Urahara, Byakuya, Shinji (same reason as Isshin), Shunsui, Ukitake, and especially Yamamoto, are concrete masters. Tosen is also a master on his profile, and I guess it works based on his feat. That's 11 captains, and there's also the fact that Gin and Toshiro should also scale due to their intelligence and Gin being able to fight Ichigo.
Which one is rated higher? Master or expert?
Master>Expert

Not all of them are (even tho who we do consider as masters should be higher like Gin and Toshiro). Captains can alter or improve upon their Bankais without swordsmanship like Mayuri who tweaks it with technology.

Not quite all of them, some don't even use their swords that much (Soifon and Yoruichi) and some of them do in fact mostly rely on hax or intelligence like Mayuri. But Kenpachi, Unohana (Definitely), Aizen, Isshin (scaling from dueling Aizen), Urahara, Byakuya, Shinji (same reason as Isshin), Shunsui, Ukitake, and especially Yamamoto, are concrete masters. Tosen is also a master on his profile, and I guess it works based on his feat. That's 11 captains, and there's also the fact that Gin and Toshiro should also scale due to their intelligence and Gin being able to fight Ichigo.

Master>Expert
So we don’t have any generalized statement?
Wasn’t there a statement that they actually master swordsmanship much before achieving shikai?
Like they also have to pass in movement, h2h to graduate from shinigami academy?

So we don’t have any generalized statement?
Wasn’t there a statement that they actually master swordsmanship much before achieving shikai?
Like they also have to pass in movement, h2h to graduate from shinigami academy?
Oh shit, we do somewhere, I gotta scanhunt for it. I remember a statement like that.

Imma look tomorrow tho, I gotta get sleep. Anyways, that statement does exist, I remember it, I just don't know where. It's prolly in the SS Arc since that arc had the most worldbuilding for the SS and also the lifestyle and systems of shinigami.

As for me, I will go to bed.

Imma look tomorrow tho, I gotta get sleep. Anyways, that statement does exist, I remember it, I just don't know where. It's prolly in the SS Arc since that arc had the most worldbuilding for the SS and also the lifestyle and systems of shinigami.

As for me, I will go to bed.
Ep 46 anime exclusive may be

Do yall think Ichigo vs Nnoitra is a good skill feat?

He's able to contend with an opponent who's much stronger than him + he literally can't damage him for multiple chapters.

Back