• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don’t remember Aizens feat ngl so I would need to see the scan.
It was during when Ichigo team invaded HM. I think it was around 200+ chapters.
BTW cool profile pic
dio-jjba.gif

Dunno why people are arguing over soul crush’s hax, especially about needing eye contact. Here is random Hollows (they resist soul hax btw) being terrified and stopping mid sprint because of reiatsu 13 miles away. One of them even explodes while the rest’s masks start breaking before they even collapse.
if humans in the real world saw that of course they would be terrified and stopping mid sprint, its a natural occurrence like bro look at that thing i would be ******** myself
but if i saw ichigo i would not be terrified and stopping mid sprint coz they are different

Last edited:
Dunno why people are arguing over soul crush’s hax, especially about needing eye contact. Here is random Hollows (they resist soul hax btw) being terrified and stopping mid sprint because of reiatsu 13 miles away. One of them even explodes while the rest’s masks start breaking before they even collapse.
I would also be scared if I saw my friend ******* explode and then looked around to see Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Bruce Lee and Mayweather (all on super steroids) beefing it out with a pack of silverback gorillas,

That doesn't give them fear hax 💀

That doesn't mean that fear inducement scales 1:1 with power as that could easily be a skill. Especially seeing how it's consciously activated.
It is. All abilities in Bleach scale to reiatsu.
But the fear inducement wasn't caused by just passive reiatsu leaking out od Yama, it was consciously activated when he looked into her eyes.
So Ichigo would have to look her in the eyes and consciously activate an ability he never uses in character.
In CFYOW, Kenpachi, just by standing near squad 11 troops had effected them with reiatsu crush:

His reiatsu won't even be felt through the literal infinite AP gap. Fear hax need to be activated and would be out of character.
The fear and paralysis is automatic, it doesn't matter if there's an AP gap. Be lucky OP didn't put him against Kenpachi who would passively deconstruct him 🥱
It's true that this is a bad match up but not because Ichigo has some insane passive fear hax.
It seemed like it was originally a spite match if it weren't for Reiatsu Crush.

Time for a roundup on every argument against Soul Crush and my debunks

"Ichigo doesn't fear hax in character" Ichigo doesn't, his reiatsu does, it's just how it works in Bleach. Starrk soul crushed every hollow he ever met, and he's not a scary guy either. Ichigo's reiatsu is being used against a character who does not resist the other two effects, it is also explained that reiatsu just does this on the Soul Physiology page.
Reiatsu induces a plethora of different aliments/effects onto those that affected by it like Soul Manipulation[15], Paralysis Inducement[17], Fear Manipulation[18] and many others)

"It requires eye contact" no it doesn't

Tatsuki isn't even looking into Yammy's eyes, she's staring at his legs. Ulquiorra even states that Yammy is passively soul crushing her by standing next to her. Besides, you also are assuming that Kai isn't going to look Ichigo in the eyes and that some magical intuition will stop him from doing that. Kai is also a confident person, so he ain't gonna just look down at the ground. They are starting from 10 meters away, this isn't SBA, so he will clearly see Ichigo. But, as the scan shows, Ichigo will still affect him with it, and even if he can't fear hax with reiatsu (read above for the debunk) he still has paralysis inducement.

Last edited:
if humans in the real world saw that of course they would be terrified and stopping mid sprint, its a natural occurrence like bro look at that thing i would be ******** myself
but if i saw ichigo i would not be terrified and stopping mid sprint coz they are different
… the Hollow who blew up stopped for several panels before that even happened.
One of them got blasted away, then they all turned back, looked who threw the blast and got affected. Its pretty much eye contact
Did you just ignore the scans? What part of 13 miles away did you not understand? Not only can they not see that far, they had to turn around to look in the direction of the FKT stand off, we zoom in to see the people releasing said reiatsu facing the other way and then there is the giant barrier that everyone is fighting in in the way. There is no eye contact involved at all.
I would also be scared if I saw my friend ******* explode and then looked around to see Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Bruce Lee and Mayweather (all on super steroids) beefing it out with a pack of silverback gorillas,

That doesn't give them fear hax 💀
Peeps need to get some glasses because all y’all are somehow missing the fact that they stopped before the guy blew up and ccmant even see the FKT stand off.

Fear hax. Now please read the scans presented and not ignore what’s there when you asked for them.
bro thats Kenpachi, not ichigo

i would get reiatsu crushed to death just by being near Kenpachi but not ichigo
no one is scared of ichigo 🗿
Like Reaper said, it’s because of reiatsu and Ichigo > Kenpachi. The only reason why Ichigo isn’t killing everyone around him is because he has better control than Kenpachi.

Massive reatsu gap can negate resistance. I think this should be discussed in another thread.

Yamamoto did against nanao
Aizen did against grimjow.

Did you just ignore the scans? What part of 13 miles away did you not understand? Not only can they not see that far, they had to turn around to look in the direction of the FKT stand off, we zoom in to see the people releasing said reiatsu facing the other way and then there is the giant barrier that everyone is fighting in in the way. There is no eye contact involved at all.
Excuse me what? They were only affected by the reitsu upon directly looking at the direction of the guy who made the blast. That's 100% eye contact based.
Kai back in S1 has already learned how to fight opponents with by closing his eyes in order to avoid hypnosis hax, this won't be a real problem for him

Excuse me what? They were only affected by the reitsu upon directly looking at the direction of the guy who made the blast. That's 100% eye contact based.
Kai back in S1 has already learned how to fight opponents with by closing his eyes in order to avoid hypnosis hax, this won't be a real problem for him
Fear Manipulation from Reiatsu isn't based on Eye contact like come on, All the abilities that comes with Reiatsu is passive and don't need any form of eye contact to work. Immediately a Character start exerting their Reiatsu, Fear, Paralysis, Soul, Force and others follows. It's left for the Character to control the level of Reiatsu being exerted.

Fear Manipulation from Reiatsu isn't based on Eye contact like come on,
Your scans shows otherwise
All the abilities that comes with Reiatsu is passive and don't need any form of eye contact to work.
Ichigo's spiritual pressure starting up in a fight isn't a passive ability. Passive implies his Reiastu is constanly active anytime just like Infinity from JJK
Immediately a Character start exerting their Reiatsu, Fear, Paralysis, Soul, Force and others follows.
So u confirm yourself its not passive

Spinjutsu requires a bit of startup
As soon as he starts spinning, Spinjitzu spawns

Last edited:
Are u really pulling a Soul Manip ability when I showed u earlier Kai is immune to Soul Manip? Unless there's more to it and Im missing sum
This is paralysis inducement and fear manipulation, and both are passive. Yammy isn't trying to use it on Tatsuki here, he's interested in how she survived him. And Kai isn't "immune" he is resistant. Even characters who are resistant to reiatsu crush's effects still het reiatsu crushed by beings of higher reiatsu. Aizen stated that fights in Bleach are battles of reiatsu, the one with the higher reiatsu wins. If Kai resisted some bumass soul manip like Mahito's, it's not gonna save him from Reiatsu Crush.
Remember the post says the characters are limited to In Character abilities. I don't recall Ichigo using Soul Crush in char
It's a passive that all souls have in character, even when they don't want to. Let me remind you that without reiatsu crush, this would be a stomp otherwise.

u confirm yourself its not passive
I didn't confirm anything. I said they can control their Reiatsu which means they can control it. They regularly extert little amount of Reiatsu but can increase it when trying to subdue their opponent.
Are u really pulling a Soul Manip ability when I showed u earlier Kai is immune to Soul Manip? Unless there's more to it and Im missing sum
Immunity to Soul Manipulation always resistance to Soul Crush

This is paralysis inducement and fear manipulation, and both are passive.
If ur talking abt the 1st scan u showed me, that's clearly not a passive ability
Yammy isn't trying to use it on Tatsuki here, he's interested in how she survived him. And Kai isn't "immune" he is resistant. Even characters who are resistant to reiatsu crush's effects still het reiatsu crushed by beings of higher reiatsu. Aizen stated that fights in Bleach are battles of reiatsu, the one with the higher reiatsu wins. If Kai resisted some bumass soul manip like Mahito's, it's not gonna save him from Reiatsu Crush.
Not only he resisted Soul Manip which was constanly in the air, but the Ninjas powers can casually clean the effects of Dark Matter, which corrupts spirit, mind and change the perception of time, and I can argue it also grants him resistant to fear manip as Dark Matter was tempering with Wu's fears

If ur talking abt the 1st scan u showed me, that's clearly not a passive ability
I'm getting tired of this.... It's passive, even Ulquiorra said it was. Ulquiorra says it in the second scan
Not only he resisted Soul Manip which was constanly in the air, but the Ninjas powers can casually clean the effects of Dark Matter, which corrupts spirit, mind and change the perception of time
Cool, then it just corrupts the soul, not actually gives the ability to survive it getting destroyed by soul-based AP, or fear manip, or paralysis.
And I can argue it also grants him resistant to fear manip as Dark Matter was tempering with Wu's fears
That isn't fear manipulation. Fear manipulation is imposing fear onto a person via hax. Just making people fear you is social influencing, that's why Sukuna lost it. This just means that nothing much scares Wu, but that doesn't mean he would resist something like Äs Nödt's Schrift.

Cool, then it just corrupts the soul, not actually gives the ability to survive it getting destroyed by soul-based AP, or fear manip, or paralysis.
Can't harm Kai + will get blitzed if he tries soul AP

That isn't fear manipulation. Fear manipulation is imposing fear onto a person via hax. Just making people fear you is social influencing, that's why Sukuna lost it. This just means that nothing much scares Wu, but that doesn't mean he would resist something like Äs Nödt's Schrift.
The Dark Matter haxes are litterally playing with Wu's fear, that's not social influencing. The Paralysis hax is fear manip based, so if Kai can clean it off, Ichigo is cooked

Last edited:
Can't harm Kai + will get blitzed if he tries soul AP
Still makes the point that Kai cannot resist Fear Manip nor Paralysis inducement.
The Dark Matter haxes are litterally playing with Wu's fear, that's not social influencing. The Paralysis hax is fear manip based, so if Kai can clean it off,
Ok, you are completely and totally wrong in levels I cannot describe. Paralysis inducement and fear manipulation are TWO. DIFFERENT. HAXES. And there is nothing in that scan that says Wu's fear was manipulated or that it was supernaturally imposed on him.
Ichigo is cooked
THEN WHY DID THE OP MAKE THIS MATCH? THIS IS A SPITE THREAD IF YOU THINK THAT.

You also have yet to answer the fact that Ulquiorra literally states it verbatim that standing next to Yammy causes reiatsu crush's effects and that even characters that don't want to reiatsu crush people still reiatsu crush anyway. And the fact that Kai cannot resist paralysis at all. Also the fact thar Kai can resist soul manipulation, but cannot actually perform it. You need both NPI AND Soul Manipulation to hurt Bleach Souls, so Kai cannot touch Ichigo.

Last edited:
As I said before, this matchup is absolute shit. Kai cannot interact with Ichigo since he needs both NPI and Soul Manipulation to do so and also can't get past Ichigo's passives, while Ichigo loses in, everything else stats wise. This isn't a fight, this is a waiting game. No skill, no epic ass kickings, no strategies, just sitting there, and standing.

I really feel like you’re not paying attention. The “blast” wasn’t an attack from anyone. The Hollow self destructed because of the reiatsu it felt. Literally nobody in FKT was randomly throwing a blast over there shoulder to snipe the most fodder Hollow in existence 13 miles away when Aizen is in front of them. This is such a ridiculous take that it’s laughable.
Ichigo's spiritual pressure starting up in a fight isn't a passive ability. Passive implies his Reiastu is constanly active anytime just like Infinity from JJK

So u confirm yourself its not passive
It is passive though. Just because Ichigo holds it back outside of combat doesn’t suddenly mean it’s not passively being released, especially in a fight.

But let’s just assume that Ichigo needs to actively use it and raise his spiritual pressure, that is the literal first thing Ichigo does in a fight just by thinking.
As soon as he starts spinning, Spinjitzu spawns
So an action he needs to perform? Thinking > spinning.
Remember the post says the characters are limited to In Character abilities. I don't recall Ichigo using Soul Crush in char
You're just in denial at this point. Ichigo doesn’t need to use this “in character”, it’s a literal byproduct of his existence so long as he is alive. And who are you expecting him to soul crush from Bleach in the first place? His enemies who are all relative to/stronger than him? People who resist his passive level of soul hax? His allies? Ichigo never fights people where he even has the option of doing this without ******* up the World of the Living.

I really feel like you’re not paying attention. The “blast” wasn’t an attack from anyone. The Hollow self destructed because of the reiatsu it felt. Literally nobody in FKT was randomly throwing a blast over there shoulder to snipe the most fodder Hollow in existence 13 miles away when Aizen is in front of them. This is such a ridiculous take that it’s laughable.
What? Why didn't the others self destructed asw and instead standed still, paralyzed in fear. Out of everyone's scans here, this is the only one where we see a victim of Soul Crush exploding bc of reiatsu
THEN WHY DID THE OP MAKE THIS MATCH? THIS IS A SPITE THREAD IF YOU THINK THAT.

Kai scales higher way higher. This is a stomp😭
- LloydBlitzed
And who are you expecting him to soul crush from Bleach in the first place? His enemies who are all relative to/stronger than him? People who resist his passive level of soul hax? His allies? Ichigo never fights people where he even has the option of doing this without ******* up the World of the Living.
So you admit yourself its not a in char attack he would use? I can just go on and use Kai's most un-used abilties/weapons like his Time Hax (which the OP didn't restrict btw) with the excuse "And who are you expecting him to use his Time Blade on? His enemies who are all relative to/stronger than him?"

Not really unreasonable, If it's in character for ichigo to use soul crush, just give that scan.
It is unreasonable. Reatsu effect is just effect of their existence, presence.

Ichigo's friends, relatives are not around here and he didn't come on a picnic for him to actively control his reatsu. Not to mention ichigo doesn’t play around.

Exactly what I've been asking for, but instead @AnonymousBlank is saying Im in denial
I showed in that scan that Ichigo releases his reiatsu when he's in a fight. And I also showed that Starrk, despite not wanting to, soul crushed every hollow he met. Even if it is OOC for Ichigo to soul crush, his reiatsu will do it regardless, especially since he's gonna release it at maximum capacity

@DarkGrath look at this brother. This is an example of one being repeatedly unreasonable. How am I supposed to report such case?
Nothing is there to report.

Not really unreasonable, If it's in character for ichigo to use soul crush, just give that scan.
Every character Shinigami or Hollow Soul Crush is passive. it not in Character for them to use it. It is their major ability. It's like saying it's not in character for Hulk to use Strength when fighting. All Ichigo needs to do is to control his Reiatsu output.

Back