• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki verse downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Baki profiles?
Why is Yujiro dodging lightning on the list of speed feats even though it was debunked by a calculation team member in the blog comments?
Why is Sukune's feat being used in the profile even though you've been debunked by several members of the calculation team?
Why does Beastquit's profile say that he created a huge earthquake during the fight with Guevara, when this has been debunked?
Why Baki High Hypersonic when we don't have such a calculation?

Because it’s was accepted to be High 7-C by calcs users and staff members saying it’s vaild do what’s your point? I’ve just being doing work on the side to update the verse
Nothing is set in stone. Especially with a feat so open to debate as the earthquake one. Please don't tell people what to do.

It's considered "a big one" even from far away
Actually it was considered a big earthquake by Hanayama who was ~10 meters away from Yujiro.

Again, these characters seem to have their own scaling independent of the lower tier characters.
They don't, half the verse scale to the 7-C thing. Don't rely to the pages, 95% of them are still at 8-A because of another CRT a year ago that has put the current 7-C to 8-A and haven't been updated since.

And Itagaki loves his earthquake feats, but you'll never see him drawing Yujiro destroying numerous city blocks with a single punch like this, which makes me believe he doesn't really know how earthquakes work, or how strong they really are.
Some month ago, there was a huge thread resuming the whole situation of how to treat the powers in the series. And why there was clearly a 8-C to 8-A side vs a 7-C to higher side.
Roughly speaking, Itagaki limits himself more or less according to what the story needs, when the fight between the two god tiers of the series was approaching after having been hyped for 100 volumes (Really), he multiplied absurdly powerful feats and Yujiro tanked a lightning bolt, then Baki shook the whole neighborhood by hitting himself in a wall, or killed an elephant of several tens of meters high with ease. You get the idea.
Then after this fight was over, another god tier of the same level as the other two appeared, and his most powerful feat, which required the most strength, was to make a hole a few dozen centimeters wide in a steel wall. And the reason it works in story is because the god tiers of the verse are systematically shown as JUST superhumans even when they do feats over the top like that. After all, there are people who actually tanked lightning irl.

With enough speed and power, defeating the army of an entire country wouldn't necessarily require being on Tier 7.
We were shown two times with Yuichiro and Musashi that it doesn't require more than tier 9 actually. Even through we don't know precisely for Yuichiro, and Musashi just confronted a platoon, and just hinted that it would be the same no matter how many soldier there was.

If we're going to start downgrading the verses just because their authors "don't know how strong X thing is", half of the site will be downgraded by about 2 levels
You're dangerously close to realizing something.

If you're really going to disregard Yujiro's earthquake feat, which I personally disagree with due to KT's arguments above, I'd suggest using this scale: Yujiro currently has an accepted feat at 8-A caused by his presence alone.
It wasn't accepted, read the comments. The correct way to calculate the shaking of the skyscrapper would be calculate it's mass and then KE using Peak Ground Acceleration, which would probably be low around Tier 9.

Hanayama says that Baki initially is twice as strong as him, so he activates endorphins and Hanayama says that he is now four times stronger, it's a very clear power increase.
Hanayama is not a reliable source to gauge a strength as precisely as that, he's a badass idiot 15 years old kid who is bad at math and have a terrible writing at that specific moment and he's completely normal outside of that. We're not in Dragon Ball Z.

Hanayama isn't correcting his speech, Baki has become stronger and so the gap between them has widened
Baki isn't stronger because he activated his endorphins, there is no panel showing that iirc, the logical conclusion is that Hana is correcting himself.

You'd have to get it checked but regarding that I believe he got frozen due to the ash or dust as opposed to actually being within the explosion and the statement itself seems to open ended to make anything of it.
A t-rex was frozen with Pickle, that feat isn't usable. Even if it was just 8-B in the end.
And please, don't start to say that t-rex are 7-C like notoriousoda did. The meteor killed all the dinosaurs, not all except t-rexes. Pickle was close, but not taken in the explosion.

8-A is definitely possible due to the demonic back multiplier.
There is no official demonic back multiplier and Hana isn't reliable.

It's like "my jab is faster than the speed of light".
I mean why are we even considering such statements about some kind of development plans?
Moreover, this speed was not confirmed later. So that's even more than 5 times the best feat of speed in a verse that 2 God-Tier has done.

In the light novel "All you need is Kill", the protagonist says that he intends to hone the accuracy of his reflexes to nanoseconds. But this will not be a reason to give him a Relativistic reaction.
Actually the speed of A LOT of calcs are unusable in some way.
We have Musashi's dash speed based off a sentence from Tokugawa obviously overhyping himself, Sikorsky who dodge a bullet that consider his feet was on the ground while he was dashing to Gaia when Gaia shot and it's obviously aim dodging. Yujiro dodging lightning that consider the lightning comes from the top of the panel. While it's explicitely said that it's a natural lightning, and in the end, it's just Baki imagining how strong is his father and not an actual feat. And Doyle dodging a bullet that wasn't fired. (The timeframe that should have been calced is the time needed to pull the trigger, not the speed of the bullet itself)

Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion
Ah, if he just lifted a sikorsky, I would have through it was weak, but a Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion
=>[]

What's wrong with Baki profiles?
Why is Yujiro dodging lightning on the list of speed feats even though it was debunked by a calculation team member in the blog comments?
Why is Sukune's feat being used in the profile even though you've been debunked by several members of the calculation team?
Why does Beastquit's profile say that he created a huge earthquake during the fight with Guevara, when this has been debunked?
Why Baki High Hypersonic when we don't have such a calculation?
Well, I made half the profiles on the verse with the help of another user, and used to change all of them at each CRT, but I suddenly lost interest in it because we were doing one every couple of days at one time because of those nuclear and earthquake feats being constantly discussed, again, again and again, like it's happening currently.
It happened so many times that a warning had been put on yujiro's page to tell people not to try to upgrade him on those feats anymore, and that those feats were already translated in a "likely higher" next to the 8-A tier he had at the time. But it seems it was ninja-removed without asking anyone.
And apparently no one else love both Baki and stats enough to free time to change a hundred pages at once.

Last edited:
We have Musashi's dash speed based off a sentence from Tokugawa obviously overhyping himself, Sikorsky who dodge a bullet that consider his feet was on the ground while he was dashing to Gaia when Gaia shot and it's obviously aim dodging. Yujiro dodging lightning that consider the lightning comes from the top of the panel. While it's explicitely said that it's a natural lightning, and in the end, it's just Baki imagining how strong is his father and not an actual feat. And Doyle dodging a bullet that wasn't fired. (The timeframe that should have been calced is the time needed to pull the trigger, not the speed of the bullet itself)
What do you mean by saying Mususi's dash feat is overrated. Don't we have the official timer from the manga?

By the way, how do we feel about Katsumi's punch. Profilers give 78 Mach for this, although it seems like a catchphrase

What do you mean by saying Mususi's dash feat is overrated. Don't we have the official timer from the manga?
There is none. Tokugawa closes his fists in awe and go "Omg Omg OMG it must've took less than 0.00000..."

Katsumi's hitless blow is Supersonic. There is nothing showing that it's higher, characters even comment about how it's specifically passing the sound barrier that wreck his hands. Itagaki just forgot that Katsumi could already do that and at the same time, he talk about how he was already able to do that. It makes no sense.

There is none. Tokugawa closes his fists in awe and go "Omg Omg OMG it must've took less than 0.00000..."

Katsumi's hitless blow is Supersonic. There is nothing showing that it's higher, characters even comment about how it's specifically passing the sound barrier that wreck his hands. Itagaki just forgot that Katsumi could already do that and at the same time, he talk about how he was already able to do that. It makes no sense.
I'm talking about an impact that's moving at 1,000 miles per minute. It sounds like a catchphrase

Sure it is.
But anyway I'm not for using stats that characters just "think" they have when it makes such an abrupt difference in tier and there's no other support. It's the same debate as whether the earthquake is usable in the end, it's just that people don't care as much about the speed and don't take time to think about it. That shit's gonna be equalized anyway =>[]

Stop, wait. Has the Hypersonic+ feat been blown out of thin air too? I thought it was a timer from the author ...

Moreover, I leafed through "Baki Dou". One of the claims that Yujiro is stronger than a weapon was made by a frightened Trump, who was so frightened that he wet his pants and began to delirious

List of feats most likely to be removed

-Yujiro stops the earthquake
-Sikorsky dodging a bullet
Doyle dodging bullets
-Yujiro dodging lightning
-Sukune makes a diamond
-Strike at 78 Mach
-Musashi moves past "0.000..."

It's good if it is. They just said above that this is the opinion of Tokugawa
Nah it seems like it but the White boxes are from the perspective of like the story narrator

First pic is to show the difference between Tokugawa's thinking and the dialogue boxes

Last pic is to show that it can't be Tokugawa thinking, considering he can't read minds

Nah it seems like it but the White boxes are from the perspective of like the story narrator

First pic is to show the difference between Tokugawa's thinking and the dialogue boxes

Last pic is to show that it can't be Tokugawa thinking, considering he can't read minds

In that case, I have no problem with it.

By the way, what do you think about the fact that one of the statements that Yujiro is stronger than tanks and missiles is not made by the military who faced him in battle, but by a frightened Donald Trump who was shaking with fear

Okay, I re-read the thing and apparently got it wrong. No problem then.
However, it still sounds like a pull and that it could have had 3 or 10 zeroes depending on the author's mood. I recall Musashi also saying 0.00... (one less zero) during his fight with baki just before being blitzed by the cockroach jab that goes at 170mph anyway.
I still think it should be put in likely or possibly if we use it. It's still vastly above the usual speed depictions in verse and is probably an exageration in some ways.

Last edited:
Okay, I re-read the thing and apparently got it wrong. No problem then.
However, it still sounds like a pull and that it could have had 3 or 10 zeroes depending on the author's mood. I recall Musashi also saying 0.00... (one less zero) during his fight with baki just before being blitzed by the cockroach jab that goes at 170mph anyway.
I still think it should be put in likely or possibly if we use it. It's still vastly above the usual speed depictions in verse and is probably an exageration in some ways.
Do you have a page for this? I mean "0.00" and 170 mph

Baki dou chapter 183 for the "0.00" thing.
a0wufx.png

Son of ogre chapter 258 for Baki's cockroach speed.
evylk7.png

The title of the chapter itself is also "168 miles per hour".

If it happens that the cockroach jab can't have a speed of 168mph for some reason (Baki's jab can totally be faster than his top running speed and the cockroach's gimmick is just to bring him to his top speed immediatly, not specifically to 168mph no matter what), I think that's what should be calced instead of Musashi's dash, since Musashi is apparently slower than that. And the author gives a real comparison to it right away with Bob Munden. It should be pretty easy to do if we calc the entire distance moved by Baki's three punches with a timeframe of 0.02 secs, I guess

1kkfkr.png

Last edited:
Baki dou глава 183 для вещи "0.00".
a0wufx.png

Сын людоеда глава 258 за тараканью скорость Баки.
evylk7.png

Название самой главы также «168 миль в час».

Если случится так, что джеб таракана не может иметь скорость 168 миль в час по какой-то причине (джеб Баки может быть полностью быстрее, чем его максимальная скорость бега, и уловка таракана состоит в том, чтобы просто немедленно довести его до максимальной скорости, а не конкретно до 168 миль в час нет независимо от того, что), я думаю, что это то, что следует использовать вместо тире Мусаси, поскольку Мусаси, по-видимому, медленнее этого. И автор сразу дает реальное сравнение с Бобом Манденом. Это должно быть довольно легко сделать, если мы рассчитаем все расстояние, пройденное тремя ударами Баки, с временным интервалом 0,02 секунды, я думаю.

1kkfkr.png
Baki will be supersonic?

btw baki 2018 is at 58.6% downloading, the seeders went mia mid download tho...

you can read them online too though
i usually just download raws off nyaa or something, if you have the raws tho or know some place that does, that'd probably help a lot given baki allegedly has dog translations and some of this shit sounds inherently fucky so fact checking would be good
dm me that shit ig

He also added "As fast as you want my friend", he doesn't even know himself and obviously pulled those numbers out of his ass. Plus, he's the one to say that Katsumi took damage because he passed the sound barrier.

Why was it even used to begin with? It's the kind of thing you see on the character pages when they're being created when there's not even a verse and it vanishes as soon as people start talking seriously about it.

Could someone give a summary of the current issues being discussed?
-Members of the calculation group denied the stop of the earthquake. Some users want to give Yujiro 7-C/7-B through claims that he is stronger than the weapon. However, not only do the characters directly admit that they cannot test nuclear weapons on him because they live in the city, but some claims that he is stronger than weapons and tanks were made by characters who were under stress.
All other labors of the verse do not go beyond the boundaries of 9-A/8-C and we have one labor 8-B;

-Problems with speed. High-tiers have a High Hypersonic+ speed rating based on the character saying that "you can move as fast as you want. Whether it's a hundred miles per minute or a thousand." It looks like a popular expression and the result itself is an outlier, since it is 3 times higher than the highest feat accomplished by god tiers.

This feat also has problems. We have a narrative panel that says that the character took an action in "0.000..." seconds. Some time later, the same character is about to perform the same feat, but already 10 times slower than "0.00..." seconds, but his 168 mph attack flashes. This attack is one of the fastest in the verse.
It looks like Hypersonic is at odds with the narrative.

The profiles stats of the verse are all over the place, with profiles like Sukune II still using the coal crushing into diamond feat for his lifting strength even though it was deemed as impossible to calculate, a feat that can't be performed with brute strength alone.

There are characters rated "8-A" scaling from "Base Yujiro" even though such rating is nowhere in his profile, or Sukune I being Class 50 for being "half as strong as strong as his Sukune II" who as I just mentioned is Class M by using an invalid calc.

This is also an issue with speed as well, characters are scaling to each other, they mention different profiles, only for said profiles to have completely different ratings.

Nothing has been concretely voted yet. The issues are:

IssueLast concrete output about it
Is Yujiro's earthquake feat usable?The calc has been badly done and total seismic energy should have been used, which would put Yujiro at 7-A. It is to be discussed if it's an outlier or not.
Is Pickle tanking a meteor usable?It's likely it isn't, since a t-rex was caught up in ice with him.
Is Musashi's Hypersonic dash usable?The usability of the timeframe is to be discussed. But its arbitrary variability and the fact Baki blitzed him with a way slower attack seems to make it at least questionnable.
Is Hitless blow actually Mach 78?Likely not. As Kaku is extremely vague when he introduce it and later explicitely says that it's just supersonic. Plus it's multiple time faster than the highest display of speed.
Is Sukune actually Class M for transforming coal into diamond?Might depend on the translation. Has been proved impossible to properly calc.
What about sikorsky and doyle speed feats? And Yujiro's dodging lightning?None of them are usable. The first one is aim dodging, the second one calculates the speed needed to dodge a bullet that has not actually been fired. The third one assumes that the lightning comes from the top of the frame when it is specified that it is a natural lightning.
Can the skyscrapper tremor be calced?Yes but it would likely be tier 9, so it's useless, since it only applies to two tier 8-7 characters.

I might have forgot one or two things. Honestly I don't wanna read the entire thing again.
And notoriousoda haven't commented yet, so the hardest part of the discussion is still to come.

This is also an issue with speed as well, characters are scaling to each other, they mention different profiles only for said profiles to have completely different ratings.
As I said earlier, that's not actually a tier issue or disagreements, it's just that some CRT haven't been applied.

Someone should have fixed that, you can't just apply a CRT to certain characters and leave the others outdated.

Either update them all or leave them as they were before.

Nothing has been concretely voted yet. The issues are:

IssueLast concrete output about it
Is Yujiro's earthquake feat usable?The calc has been badly done and total seismic energy should have been used, which would put Yujiro at 7-A. It is to be discussed if it's an outlier or not.
Is Pickle tanking a meteor usable?It's likely it isn't, since a t-rex was caught up in ice with him.
Is Musashi's Hypersonic dash usable?The usability of the timeframe is to be discussed. But its arbitrary variability and the fact Baki blitzed him with a way slower attack seems to make it at least questionnable.
Is Hitless blow actually Mach 78?Likely not. As Kaku is extremely vague when he introduce it and later explicitely says that it's just supersonic. Plus it's multiple time faster than the highest display of speed.
Is Sukune actually Class M for transforming coal into diamond?Might depend on the translation. Has been proved impossible to properly calc.
What about sikorsky and doyle speed feats? And Yujiro's dodging lightning?None of them are usable. The first one is aim dodging, the second one calculates the speed needed to dodge a bullet that has not actually been fired. The third one assumes that the lightning comes from the top of the frame when it is specified that it is a natural lightning.
Can the skyscrapper tremor be calced?Yes but it would likely be tier 9, so it's useless, since it only applies to two tier 8-7 characters.

I might have forgot one or two things. Honestly I don't wanna read the entire thing again.
And notoriousoda haven't commented yet, so the hardest part of the discussion is still to come.
Not only is 7-A an outlier, but the feat was deemed pointless

Someone should have fixed that, you can't just apply a CRT to certain characters and leave the others outdated.

What do you think about the speed issues we outlined above?

Sure, but if you take out the 2-3 tier 7-C and say they are 8-A it's pretty consistent actually. (More or less... more "less" than more)

Alot of the currently accepted Baki calcs are being questioned and the 7-C Earthquake calc I believe has been straight up rejected

Right now we are discussing speed because the current scaling scales characters above hitless blow, which has a very questionable Mach 78 statement, based solely on the fact that Yujiro and ones comparable two him should be stronger which is not concrete at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back