• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki verse downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me - is the feat of stopping the earthquake debunked?
It has the same issues that caused the crushing coal feat to be discarded, it requires more than just brute strength alone to perform, the feat is supernatural in nature.
What do you think about the speed issues we outlined above?
That would require a different thread to be handled.

Hoarding so many revisions at the same time is probably the reason why the profiles are in such disarray, I recommend you to get rid of the earthquake feat first and scale the top tiers to the next best feat.

As you predicted, I calculated Yujiro shaking the skyscraper as High 8-C.

Nice, figured it'd be that for some reason

Could you link the calc?
Baki dou chapter 183 for the "0.00" thing.
a0wufx.png
This could be calced but I don't think it'd be faster than the current Mach 20 one
Son of ogre chapter 258 for Baki's cockroach speed.
evylk7.png

The title of the chapter itself is also "168 miles per hour".

If it happens that the cockroach jab can't have a speed of 168mph for some reason (Baki's jab can totally be faster than his top running speed and the cockroach's gimmick is just to bring him to his top speed immediatly, not specifically to 168mph no matter what), I think that's what should be calced instead of Musashi's dash, since Musashi is apparently slower than that. And the author gives a real comparison to it right away with Bob Munden. It should be pretty easy to do if we calc the entire distance moved by Baki's three punches with a timeframe of 0.02 secs, I guess
Yeah it's not inconsistent because Baki's strikes can be faster than his travel speed

Also if I'm reading that correctly it actually says 00.01 MILLISECONDS or 10 Microseconds which is WAY faster than anything we've seen

We might need to get Japanese scans for this as well

Could you link the calc?

This could be calced but I don't think it'd be faster than the current Mach 20 one

Yeah it's not inconsistent because Baki's strikes can be faster than his travel speed

Also if I'm reading that correctly it actually says 00.01 MILLISECONDS or 10 Microseconds which is WAY faster than anything we've seen

We might need to get Japanese scans for this as well
It's not speed, it's acceleration. The essence of the technique is to instantly achieve maximum speed.

By the way, this can be used as an AP feat. This would give something like 8-C. Which is very consistent with the feat of the skyscraper and all the feats of verse.

It's not speed, it's acceleration. The essence of the technique is to instantly achieve maximum speed.

By the way, this can be used as an AP feat. This would give something like 8-C. Which is very consistent with the feat of the skyscraper and all the feats of verse.
TBH I think we should leave the Speed discussion to another thread because there are multiple ways you can interpret it

It needs it's own discussion

It has the same issues that caused the crushing coal feat to be discarded, it requires more than just brute strength alone to perform, the feat is supernatural in nature.

That would require a different thread to be handled.

Hoarding so many revisions at the same time is probably the reason why the profiles are in such disarray, I recommend you to get rid of the earthquake feat first and scale the top tiers to the next best feat.

Regarding the feat of the earthquake, which we have calculated. Its validity literally depends on the pair of pixels with which we define the radius.

Can we instead of measuring the length of the panel and the distance to the dialog cloud, should we calculate the distance to the epicenter via a formula and use that as the radius?

This will give about 90 meters

Lets get the AP out of the way first

I wanna see Therifir's calc
I have a question about feat 8-B.

I would also like to see his High 8-C calculation.

Well, can you explain to Therefir the situation with the meteorite feat?

These are the main exploits in this thread regarding AP and after them you can edit profiles

Could you link the calc?
Here.
Can we instead of measuring the length of the panel and the distance to the dialog cloud, should we calculate the distance to the epicenter via a formula and use that as the radius?
I'm kind of confused by what you mean here, I didn't measure the entire length of the panel, since it's obviously not centered, I used the epicenter and drew a line to the longest side of the panel.

And I really don't see the issue with that, the panel is at the perfect angle for such measurement, no need for a formula.

Last edited:
Looks Great!

But I found a better panel for the Skyscraper's size

So if you wanna try it with that you can

Also why didn't you just use the average floor height to find the height?

According to your measurement an entire floor is 8 feet tall which is pretty short especially when paired with this shot

Sorry for bitching about it but I do think it's worth noting

Thanks, I checked between those chapters but I couldn't find a good shot of the building, I will remeasure the building.

What's wrong with it?
The user believes that Pickle was hit by a meteorite, as one of the workers who dug it up says that Pickle was probably close to the explosion.

However, later, the scientist explains that after the meteorite hit, everything instantly froze. Pickle and the dinosaur had just been found frozen.

Looks Great!

But I found a better panel for the Skyscraper's size

So if you wanna try it with that you can

Also why didn't you just use the average floor height to find the height?

According to your measurement an entire floor is 8 feet tall which is pretty short especially when paired with this shot

Sorry for bitching about it but I do think it's worth noting

He uses the height of the window, not the floor

What's wrong with GB fans on YouTube? Some say that Baki stomps Gon. Others say that Guevara beats Muzan mid diff. Others say that Yujiro is Dragon+ and put him above Flashy Flash, Metal Bat and Bang

I'm curious to see it. I discussed with another calculation group member who gave me a method with Peak ground acceleration that made it tier 9.

No, the 00.01 thing is his acceleration time. He's going at 168 mph haha ^^

By the way, this can be used as an AP feat. This would give something like 8-C
70kg thrown at 168mph is not even close to 9-A

I'm curious to see it. I discussed with another calculation group member who gave me a method with Peak ground acceleration that made it tier 9.
We use the vibration formula using cyclic frequency.

No, the 00.01 thing is his acceleration time. He's going at 168 mph haha ^^

70kg thrown at 168mph is not even close to 9-A
We do not need speed, but acceleration.

acceleration * mass * displacement

Given that Baki took Yujiro with him and covered about 4 meters, this would be about 1.4 Tons of TNT (High 8-C).

By the way, no one tried to find the GBE of the giant elephant?

We do not need speed, but acceleration
The gimmick of the cockroach dash is that baki go from 0 to 168mph in a short amount of time. At the moment he hit yujiro he was going at 168mph, that's what needs to be calced for KE. We're not here to rewrite the manga to make it more fitting in reality because the author doesn't know about physics and launch speed.
He doesn't go at "a speed where he would be going at 168mph at 00.01ms after the launch so we can guess he would go faster at like 1sec right?", he goes at 168mph specifically at that precise moment, he just achieve that speed in 00.01ms.
And the KE isn't the thing interesting here, the walls he go through with yujiro using it are a way more direct representation of the destructive capacity of his dash. And that's still tier 9.

By the way, no one tried to find the GBE of the giant elephant?
The mass of the elephant got calced at 90382kg, it was measuring 8.15meters high, if we put the center of gravity at half that, of even around 5-6 meters high, it gives around 3 to 5'000'000 joules for PE, its KE got calced at 9-A+ and is more representative.

Last edited:
The gimmick of the cockroach dash is that baki go from 0 to 168mph in a short amount of time. At the moment he hit yujiro he was going at 168mph, that's what needs to be calced for KE. We're not here to rewrite the manga to make it more fitting in reality because the author doesn't know about physics and launch speed.
He doesn't go at "a speed where he would be going at 168mph at 00.01ms after the launch so we can guess he would go faster at like 1sec right?", he goes at 168mph specifically at that precise moment, he just achieve that speed in 00.01ms.
And the KE isn't the thing interesting here, the walls he go through with yujiro using it are a way more direct representation of the destructive capacity of his dash. And that's still tier 9.

The mass of the elephant got calced at 90382kg, it was measuring 8.15meters high, if we put the center of gravity at half that, of even around 5-6 meters high, it gives around 3 to 5'000'000 joules for PE, its KE got calced at 9-A+ and is more representative.

Acceleration and speed are two different things.
To develop speed in 0.00001 seconds is much more impressive than to develop it in 1 second

To develop speed in 0.00001 seconds is much more impressive than to develop it in 1 second
Yes, in real life, but not here, the manga explicitely says that Baki go at that speed, in that duration. With the cockroach as a comparison.
When cockroaches get to their top speed, they aren't "launched" at that speed. They simply take 00.01ms to get to it and doesn't go higher than that. That's the exact thing Baki is doing.
As I said, we aren't here to make up for Itagaki's lack of knowledge about how it works in real life, if he says Baki go at 168mph and take 00.01ms to do it, that's what happen.

If you need feats to calculate, I've been on a list recently :
  • Toba crashes on a 4x4 and destroys it
  • Kaku breaks a wall in raitai with Yujiro's strength
  • Yujiro hits the ground during the raitai and destroys it
  • Baki breaks glasses and takes 6 shirt buttons without being seen at all by anyone when he is surrounded by the prison guards
  • Pickle bends a truck by crashing into it
  • Katsumi breaks all the windows in his room with a shockwave when testing the hitless blow
  • Pickle dodges Jack's blow and comes back in place right away
  • Pickle spins Jack 7 times before he hits the ground
  • Retsu hits through a boxing glove
  • Yujiro disappears from everyone's sight when militaries are spying on Baki's house during the father-son dinner.
  • Just before falling after Baki did his first 0.5second blow on him, Yujiro makes a complete 180° rotation of the leg to catch himself while he was about 2 centimeters away to touch the ground.
  • Yuichiro tanked 1000 tons of ammunition that made the island change shape for 6 months
And that's just up to Son of Ogre.

As you may have noticed, most of them are tier 9-8 or just supersonic-supersonic+. Many of these calculations were not done because they were deemed useless in a context where the god tiers were tier 7 and massively hypersonic, but some of them could be good supporting feats for a tier 8.

Last edited:
Yes, in real life, but not here, the manga explicitely says that Baki go at that speed, in that duration. With the cockroach as a comparison.
When cockroach get to their top speed, they aren't "launched" at that speed. They simply take 00.01ms to get to it and doesn't go higher than that. That's the exact thing Baki is doing.
As I said, we aren't here to make up for Itagaki's lack of knowledge about how it works in real life, if he says Baki go at 168mph and take 00.01ms to do it, that's what happen.
The emphasis on acceleration was made for a reason. Plus this feat is not a throwaway so I don't see a problem
If you need feats to calculate, I've been on a list recently :
  • Toba crashes on a 4x4 and destroys it
  • Kaku breaks a wall in raitai with Yujiro's strength
  • Yujiro hits the ground during the raitai and destroys it
9-B/9-A. Bruh.
  • Baki breaks glasses and takes 6 shirt buttons without being seen at all by anyone when he is surrounded by the prison guards
  • Katsumi breaks all the windows in his room with a shockwave when testing the hitless blow
Can you show it?
  • Pickle dodges Jack's blow and comes back in place right away
Damn, I already thought it was Hypersonic+, but Jack managed to finish the blow while he only covered 3 meters.

But it looks like it will be supersonic
  • Pickle spins Jack 7 times before he hits the ground
  • Yujiro disappears from everyone's sight when militaries are spying on Baki's house during the father-son dinner.
  • Just before falling after Baki did his first 0.5second blow on him, Yujiro makes a complete 180° rotation of the leg to catch himself while he was about 2 centimeters away to touch the ground.
Can you show it?
  • Yuichiro tanked 1000 tons of ammunition that made the island change shape for 6 months
It cannot be calculated. We do not know how long all the shells were fired and how far he was from them.
And that's just up to Son of Ogre.

As you may have noticed, most of them are tier 9-8 or just supersonic-supersonic+. Many of these calculations were not done because they were deemed useless in a context where the god tiers were tier 7 and massively hypersonic, but some of them could be good supporting feats for a tier 8.
Thank you

The emphasis on acceleration was made for a reason. Plus this feat is not a throwaway so I don't see a problem
The problem is that we already know the destructive force of the dash and have seen its effects, and it's nowhere close to tier 8.
Observe how a cockroach move and try to calc it the same way, maybe you'll see what the problem is with that reasoning.

Do they have superhuman stamina?
That didn't happen in the diegesis, that's an ad.

Toba crashes on a 4x4 and destroys itGrappler Baki 198
Kaku breaks a wall in raitai with Yujiro's strengthNew Grappler Baki 231
Yujiro hits the ground during the raitai and destroys itNew Grappler Baki 233
Baki breaks glasses and takes 6 shirt buttons without being seen at all by anyone when he is surrounded by the prison guardsSon of Ogre 57
Pickle bends a truck by crashing into itSon of Ogre 106
Katsumi breaks all the windows in his room with a shockwave when testing the hitless blowSon of Ogre 122
Pickle dodges Jack's blow and comes back in place right awaySon of Ogre 145
Pickle spins Jack 7 times before he hits the groundSon of Ogre 152
Retsu hits through a boxing gloveSon of Ogre 205
Yujiro disappears from everyone's sight when militaries are spying on Baki's house during the father-son dinner.Son of Ogre 248
Just before falling after Baki did his first 0.5second blow on him, Yujiro makes a complete 180° rotation of the leg to catch himself while he was about 2 centimeters away to touch the ground.Son of Ogre 271
Yuichiro tanked 1000 tons of ammunition that made the island change shape for 6 monthsSon of Ogre 286

The Yuichiro one is (maybe) calcable by getting the amount of destroyed land and dividing that total energy per second. Like it was done here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Agnaa/Katanagatari_-_Ganryu_Island_Shrinking
Althrough it will likely give a tier 9 result. And we might have to ask a calc group member first, as that method is a bit strange.

Last edited:
The problem is that we already know the destructive force of the dash and have seen its effects, and it's nowhere close to tier 8.
Observe how a cockroach move and try to calc it the same way, maybe you'll see what the problem is with that reasoning.
The destruction shown does not always go hand in hand with mathematics. But as long as it's not an outlier and obeys physics, I have no problems.

That didn't happen in the diegesis, that's an ad.
I accept this as canon.
Toba crashes on a 4x4 and destroys itGrappler Baki 198
Kaku breaks a wall in raitai with Yujiro's strengthNew Grappler Baki 231
Yujiro hits the ground during the raitai and destroys itNew Grappler Baki 233
Baki breaks glasses and takes 6 shirt buttons without being seen at all by anyone when he is surrounded by the prison guardsSon of Ogre 57
Pickle bends a truck by crashing into itSon of Ogre 106
Katsumi breaks all the windows in his room with a shockwave when testing the hitless blowSon of Ogre 122
Pickle dodges Jack's blow and comes back in place right awaySon of Ogre 145
Pickle spins Jack 7 times before he hits the groundSon of Ogre 152
Retsu hits through a boxing gloveSon of Ogre 205
Yujiro disappears from everyone's sight when militaries are spying on Baki's house during the father-son dinner.Son of Ogre 248
Just before falling after Baki did his first 0.5second blow on him, Yujiro makes a complete 180° rotation of the leg to catch himself while he was about 2 centimeters away to touch the ground.Son of Ogre 271
Yuichiro tanked 1000 tons of ammunition that made the island change shape for 6 monthsSon of Ogre 286
Thank you
The Yuichiro one is (maybe) calcable by getting the amount of destroyed land and dividing that total energy per second. Like it was done here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Agnaa/Katanagatari_-_Ganryu_Island_Shrinking
Althrough it will likely give a tier 9 result. And we might have to ask a calc group member first, as that method is a bit strange.
It's still uncountable. It wasn't Yuichiro that generated 1 kiloton of energy, but a cluster of bombs. All of them could explode 10 meters from him.

But as long as it's not an outlier and obeys physics, I have no problems.
Except when you're calcing something that didn't happen that way in the work.
I have the impression that you don't read what I'm writing.
Plus your formula to do it comes from nowhere.

I accept this as canon.
It isn't.

It's still uncountable. It wasn't Yuichiro that generated 1 kiloton of energy, but a cluster of bombs. All of them could explode 10 meters from him.
Fair.

Regarding the speed, I do think that if the Mach 78 statement is never supported by anything close to it, then it can be discarded. Especially if far lower speeds are considered barriers for the characters in question.

Neutral on the attack potency section but if Yujiro scales to a carpet bombs total yield the that needs to he done away with.

Based on this logic, we can downgrade half of the site
Huh, no. Baki weight x kg and travel at 168mph, calc that.
Getting at a certain speed instantly require as much energy as if you got hit by your own weight at such speed. We use KE for that.
When you accelerate, you slowly build up your KE, but when it's instant like there, the energy withstanded is the same as if you were taking your entire KE at once in the face. Like if Baki was instantly stopped by a wall going at 168mph.
The problem I have with your method is precisely that it doesn't reflect what actually happen and give inflated results. It being consistent with other feats is out of the question.

Last edited:
I didn't understand what you want to say
If any character here has a tier that comes from withstanding multiple bombs that have a total yield of X, then they shouldn't do so. Especially considering most of the energy would be dispersed over a large area.

If any character here has a tier that comes from withstanding multiple bombs that have a total yield of X, then they shouldn't do so. Especially considering most of the energy would be dispersed over a large area.
The situation is this:

Yujiro was level 7-C based on calculations and claims that he is stronger than any weapon. Also, his father survived the bombing of the island.

Now the calculation of 7-C is refuted. Characters downgraded to 8-B/8-A. I have already noted that the statements were made by frightened people who were influenced by his aura of fear.
Also among these statements is literally confirmation that they cannot use a nuclear bomb on him, since he lives in the city.
About Yujiro's father's feat. 1000 tons were not dropped immediately, but are the sum of shells that were dropped over a long time

The situation is this:

Yujiro was level 7-C based on calculations and claims that he is stronger than any weapon. Also, his father survived the bombing of the island.

Now the calculation of 7-C is refuted. Characters downgraded to 8-B/8-A. I have already noted that the statements were made by frightened people who were influenced by his aura of fear.
Also among these statements is literally confirmation that they cannot use a nuclear bomb on him, since he lives in the city.
About Yujiro's father's feat. 1000 tons were not dropped immediately, but are the sum of shells that were dropped over a long time
Then Yujiro's father shouldn't scale at all to the full 1 kiloton.

Do you think such vague statements without direct feats are considered justification for leveling up?
I don't know what you mean. The 1,000 ton feat is generally unreliable regardless. Or are you talking about another feat?

I don't know what you mean. The 1,000 ton feat is generally unreliable regardless. Or are you talking about another feat?
I'm talking about the statements of politicians that Yujiro is stronger than a tank, missiles, any weapon and an army.
But it's not necessarily 7-C, and given that these claims aren't even verified, it looks like an exaggeration

I'm talking about the statements of politicians that Yujiro is stronger than a tank, missiles, any weapon and an army.
But it's not necessarily 7-C, and given that these claims aren't even verified, it looks like an exaggeration
Depends on whether or not he has feats on that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back