• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki verse downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only scan that gives us numerical values of the multipliers are the lines of Hanayama that I already linked, I don't know any others. About the translations being dubious, I think this concern is fair, but I don't have these scans in the original Japanese, maybe @NotoriouSoda does
If it's the anime scans I'm sorry to say they don't exist in the manga. I checked. We've been over this already, I believe.

What's the next best feat they are scaling from?
Yujiro tanking lightning is the most concrete feat we have and that's High 8-C if I remember correctly

Then we have the 8-B "Earthquake" feat that Baki did though that one is up for debate since it just barely qualifies for the formula as well as it really only being a tremor

I don't agree with the 8-A skyscraper feat since emitting 8-A levels of energy is the energy required to destroy an entire skyscraper not just shake it

Plus based on the panels this was limited entirely to the skyscraper

I don't agree with the 8-A skyscraper feat since emitting 8-A levels of energy is the energy required to destroy an entire skyscraper not just shake it

Perhaps we could use the vibration formula and find the mass of only the skyscraper?

Yujiro tanking lightning is the most concrete feat we have and that's High 8-C if I remember correctly

Then we have the 8-B "Earthquake" feat that Baki did though that one is up for debate since it just barely qualifies for the formula as well as it really only being a tremor

High 8-C Yujiro? bro, just the claims of being stronger than any nation's weapons would make him at least 8-B

The feat is debunked, and statements do not work without direct feats
The feat was not debunked, KT just stopped answering you, he gave exactly the perfect explanation of why you two made no sense

"If he just stopped the radiated waves, then the earthquake would continue after a couple of seconds."
"An earthquake in definition is the sudden slip of a fault.
There wouldn't just be multiple sudden slips that keep producing more and more radiated energy batches as if it's a call of duty zombies wave."

This is a big downgrade for the verse, and apparently you only have 3 supporters, don't act like everything is already solved

I honestly see that Yujiro could fit as 7-B, but as he seems to be very controversial on the wiki, we'll try to keep him at a lower margin within tier 7

Yujiro has statements like:
"Strongest weapons of an entire nation can't measure up to brute strength"

"Above any of the latest missiles"

Though the atomic bomb thing is controversial, the show constantly hints that no other weapon could kill him, including more than once quotes and images of actual missiles.

There are missiles like the Trident, the wiki classifies it between 7-C and High 7-C

Some time ago I also tried to calculate a potential Pickle feat, and got at least 8-B to Low 7-B, could some member of the calculation group redo it to get a more accurate result

I honestly see that Yujiro could fit as 7-B, but as he seems to be very controversial on the wiki, we'll try to keep him at a lower margin within tier 7

Though the atomic bomb thing is controversial, the show constantly hints that no other weapon could kill him, including more than once quotes and images of actual missiles.

There are missiles like the Trident, the wiki classifies it between 7-C and High 7-C

Some time ago I also tried to calculate a potential Pickle feat, and got at least 8-B to Low 7-B, could some member of the calculation group redo it to get a more accurate result
tbh I forgot about the Trident, thanks!

So would he still scale above non-nuclear bombs like the Father of all Bombs?
Yes there seems to be actual evidence in verse of that

This link is down

Yeas this seems way more consistent that he's above all conventional weapons
I still think we should ere on the side of safety considering these are still nukes which he hasn't been confirmed above explicitly

I don't know about everyone else but I would be willing to compromise with a "possibly 7-B" if that's what it takes to make everyone happy
You'd have to get it checked but regarding that I believe he got frozen due to the ash or dust as opposed to actually being within the explosion and the statement itself seems to open ended to make anything of it.

I believe there's actually a page that shows how far away he was though so if your could find that then maybe we'd have something more concrete

I know the plates are slowly moving and only when the stress on the edge overcomes the friction, it creates an earthquake.

However this doesn't mean the plate immediately enters at rest as it was before, what really happens is that an aftershock occurs as the displaced crust adjusts to the effects of the main earthquake.

That doesn't happen in Yujiro's case, at least not that I recall.

Not to mention there are other four main different waves that reach the surface, a single punch can't stop all those unless the origin of the earthquake was stopped as well.

I also think the feat itself makes no sense and breaks the laws of physics; you can't stop an earthquake by punching the ground, it's like trying to put out a fire by pouring more fuel onto it.

A powerful impact would only create more stress on the surface.

It's one thing to have a silly manga with silly feats, and another to have a feat that breaks basic logic, and then use real-life physics to calculate its energy.
Tell me - is the feat of stopping the earthquake debunked?

Can you give more accurate scans of the feat?

Curvature of the earth done wrong
Moreover, you used the diameter of the explosion instead of the radius, finding its power

Last edited:
In addition, I did not see any statement that Pickle was in the explosion. Judging by the fact that it was precisely frozen, it was far away from it, because the shock wave does not carry the properties of freezing

Yes there seems to be actual evidence in verse of that
No, we don't have a single proof of that. Yujiro's father survived the bombing of the island, but it happened behind the scenes and we don't even know how far he was from the explosions and how much energy he took.
This link is down
The usual winged expression.
No one said that "it hits harder than a nuclear bomb"
To survive a nuclear explosion, the 8-C character only needs to move a hundred meters away
Yeas this seems way more consistent that he's above all conventional weapons
This is a good supporting statement. Although still not proof.
I still think we should ere on the side of safety considering these are still nukes which he hasn't been confirmed above explicitly

I don't know about everyone else but I would be willing to compromise with a "possibly 7-B" if that's what it takes to make everyone happy
As far as I remember, in the last thread you decided to go with "what is shown, not stated". I consider it safe.

I mean, if the verse had a clear 7-B or 7-A feat, I wouldn't consider it an outlier and accepted it.

However, all these are just statements, against the background of the fact that all the exploits in the verse are at best 9-A/8-C and one somewhat dubious feat with the Baki earthquake, which depends on how long the pixley line we make
You'd have to get it checked but regarding that I believe he got frozen due to the ash or dust as opposed to actually being within the explosion and the statement itself seems to open ended to make anything of it.

I believe there's actually a page that shows how far away he was though so if your could find that then maybe we'd have something more concrete
As far as I remember, in the last thread you decided to go with "what is shown, not stated". I consider it safe.

I mean, if the verse had a clear 7-B or 7-A feat, I wouldn't consider it an outlier and accepted it.

However, all these are just statements, against the background of the fact that all the exploits in the verse are at best 9-A/8-C and one somewhat dubious feat with the Baki earthquake, which depends on how long the pixley line we make

Want to ask the geologists:

Does it makes sense that stopping only the shockwaves with a one-time effort can cancel tectonic movements to the point people do not feel anything on the crust surface?

Otherwise the punch must be stopping the earthquake by any means.

Want to ask the geologists:

Does it makes sense that stopping only the shockwaves with a one-time effort can cancel tectonic movements to the point people do not feel anything on the crust surface?

Otherwise the punch must be stopping the earthquake by any means.
To do this, you need to fix the tictonic plates

Moreover, the earthquake feat has other problems. The characters could be right in the epicenter, and its real magnitude could be below 4.

In general, the feat itself does not make sense, but it would not make sense even more if Yujiro stopped the earthquake by hitting only the edge of the earthquake

Well, the reason why we deny 7-B Yujiro is due to the lack of concrete evidence, but in the case of missiles, it is specified that it is above the most modern ones, and that in a way includes those that carry nuclear technology

Can you give more accurate scans of the feat?
Here is the statement
Here is the impact

My idea was to consider that Pickle was at the limiting edge of the explosion, so he received less energy than the total impact

Moreover, the earthquake feat has other problems. The characters could be right in the epicenter, and its real magnitude could be below 4.

In general, the feat itself does not make sense, but it would not make sense even more if Yujiro stopped the earthquake by hitting only the edge of the earthquake
Bruh, if we consider that the earthquake is mag 4, and that Yujiro scales to full seismic energy, then the feat would not be Mountain Level but Large Town, this would make it consistent with the statement of being above the missiles

Well, the reason why we deny 7-B Yujiro is due to the lack of concrete evidence, but in the case of missiles, it is specified that it is above the most modern ones, and that in a way includes those that carry nuclear technology

Here is the statement
Here is the impact
This is the assumption of an ordinary worker who did not even believe that Pickle could attack a dinosaur.

"Considering the size of the T-Rex, I wouldn't say it attacked him. Rather, he was stunned by the explosion of a meteorite that landed nearby.

But even if we imagine that Pickle was on the edge of an explosion. Substituting the correct values will give us High 8-C/8-B (baseline)
My idea was to consider that Pickle was at the limiting edge of the explosion, so he received less energy than the total impact
Earth Diameter = 4510 pixels = 12742 km;
Explosion diameter = 540 pixels = 1525 km;
Explosion radius = 762.5 km;

762500^3×((27136×1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 3,5629117 × 10^13 tons of TNT;

A = (4×3,14×762500^2)/2 = 3,6512313 × 10^12 m^2;

E = 3,5629117 × 10^13/3,6512313 × 10^12 = 9,758 Tons of TNT

Using our trusty surface area calculator, we get 3,63 m^2. Half this for cross-sectional area and we get 1,815 m^2.

9,758 * 1,815 = 17,71 Tons of TNT (8-B);

9YgSDrEyTf8.jpg

Bruh, if we consider that the earthquake is mag 4, and that Yujiro scales to full seismic energy, then the feat would not be Mountain Level but Large Town, this would make it consistent with the statement of being above the missiles
The problem is that even 4 is a random estimate.
It could have been a magnitude 2 earthquake or even 1.

The very fact that Yujiro stopped the tectonic plates with a blow is a huge outburst. Moreover, it doesn't make sense and can't be calculated.

A blow equal to the force of an earthquake would only strengthen it, not weaken it. Attempts to calculate this and explain that "this is anime, everything is stupid here" look like pulling 7 tier by the ears

The earthquake was felt in the city next to them
I'll assume it's Tokyo.

The length of Tokyo = 90 km;

Since the earthquake was felt outside the buildings and we observed ripples, I will give this a minimum of 4.5 points.

4.5 = x + 1,1644 + 0,0048 * 90 = 2.9 points;

The ground was shaking and the bare minimum for shaking stuff is magnitude 4 iirc
And this still does not negate the fact that in this way the earthquake would not be stopped, but strengthened.

By the way, we can take the timeframe from the anime for which the earthquake stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back