• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never mentioned Base guy once. I said Guy isnt some special six paths user, his a normal Ninja that trained his ass off and reached six paths level via sheer training.

The 8 gates is included in that training.
But his training without the 8 gates only reached him Town Level, therefore his boost to six paths level is based on 8 gates, not on training.
because not every 8 gates is six paths level tier
that's simply because their base is weaker, Might Dai for example was shown to be bullied by two ninjas that Kid Kakashi soloed.
Cell Saga SSJ Goku > Namek Saga SSJ Goku, cause his base is stronger, it has nothing to do with the transformation.
Might Guy has access to those gates because he trained, 8 gates isnt some special transformation separate from Guys training
Might Dai also used the eight gates
I never claimed that The Kage can't use it if they want, my notion is that they didn't and it's hypothetical to assume they can use all Eight, and even if they did they will reach six paths realm for a few minutes, and then die.
And this is my issue, why do you believe it's consistent that for Might Guy to jump to six paths level with 8 gates, considering how large the gap is between Base Guy and 8 gates guy.
cause The Gate of Death isn't so normal as plain training, it's just a temporal boost and with ton of drawbacks such as immense pain and eventually death.

One thing I didn't see anyone touching is the Chojuro Suit despite letting himself be shot down still being wounded by the new generation Swordsmen and Kuro simply being defeated in direct confrontation with Ku.

This kind of goes against their level as proposed in the thread, even more when we remember that the Swordsmen had the level of Boruto and company in their Academy days and Ku was pressured and almost defeated by the Genin of Team 7, despite him having collided Jinton with the old Oonoki whose scale is unknown, even if we put him at his level at the time of the great war, it would still be far from the level proposed here.

But his training without the 8 gates only reached him Town Level, therefore his boost to six paths level is based on 8 gates, not on training.
no it reached him six paths level.

Might Dai has access to 8 gates and wasnt anywhere close to six paths level
that's simply because their base is weaker, Might Dai for example was shown to be bullied by two ninjas that Kid Kakashi soloed.
Cell Saga SSJ Goku > Namek Saga SSJ Goku, cause his base is stronger, it has nothing to do with the transformation.
But thats exactly what im arguing, the 8 gates has a multiplier based on your base, the amp that base Guy receives is astronomical, the question is that why is it okay for eight gates to reach six paths level, an ability that everyone who with enough training and skill could do . but any other from of scaling is off the table.
the larger point is that there is a precedence for characters to be able to fight six paths without having to literally be six paths level. so arguing that there needs to be a strict linear progression to reach those six paths levels is incorrect
I never claimed that The Kage can't use it if they want, my notion is that they didn't and it's hypothetical to assume they can use all Eight, and even if they did they will reach six paths realm for a few minutes, and then die.
your missing my point, whether or not the kages can use 8 gates isnt relevant to what i was arguing, the point is people make exception for 8 gates, im referring to the ability, not the act of doing it, as being a legitmate way to reach those powers but will put their head in the sand for anything else

still being wounded by the new generation Swordsmen and Kuro simply being defeated in direct confrontation with Ku.
Actually Chojuro only scales to Kinshiki with his jutsu, he would physically be Unknown, so that’s not really a contradiction.

cause The Gate of Death isn't so normal as plain training, it's just a temporal boost and with ton of drawbacks such as immense pain and eventually death.
that's a non sequitur, it having consequences doesn't mean anything.

I could argue that Tenten made some rice balls in 15 min that if you eat them you become Multiversal but you lose your life. would that suddenly be okay because of the consequences added to boost

I’m fine dropping the tier 4 stuff for the time being if that helps focus conversation better.

There's this statement from The Last Naruto Movie Novel that states Sasuke was the strongest of Kakashi's students at that point in time.
It could make sense as Sasuke isn't hindered by the Village and is travelling around the world and beyond honing his abilities and the Rinnegan.
unknown.png

All in all it could just mean by the time they reach adulthood, and after the events of Gaiden, Naruto is able to shake off the rust and catch up again.

Another thing
In one of the promotional material for Boruto, it states Majestic Attire Susanoo is the "Strongest Ninjutsu".
Can this be used to put it above ETSO?
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

攻守最強の武神を生み出す!!
Giving birth to a God of military arts with the strongest offense and defense
九喇嘛に須佐能乎を装備させる最強の忍術!!
The strongest ninjutsu, which allows Kurama to be equipped with Susano'o !!

no it reached him six paths level.

Might Dai has access to 8 gates and wasnt anywhere close to six paths level

But thats exactly what im arguing, the 8 gates has a multiplier based on your base, the amp that base Guy receives is astronomical, the question is that why is it okay for eight gates to reach six paths level, an ability that everyone who with enough training and skill could do . but any other from of scaling is off the table.
the larger point is that there is a precedence for characters to be able to fight six paths without having to literally be six paths level. so arguing that there needs to be a strict linear progression to reach those six paths levels is incorrect

your missing my point, whether or not the kages can use 8 gates isnt relevant to what i was arguing, the point is people make exception for 8 gates, im referring to the ability, not the act of doing it, as being a legitmate way to reach those powers but will put their head in the sand for anything else
I totally understand your point, you are the one who can't understand mine.
basically, The Gate of Death is different than "any other form of scaling" cause it's a suicidal temporal boost that made him reach that level for a very short amount of time and after that, he automatically dies, while plain training including his own only reached him Town Level, and it's far from even comparable to 8 Gates.

Plain Training buffs your base to a certain level and make you that strong passively.
The Gate of Death buffs you astronomically for a few minutes in contrast to immense pain, literal blood vapor from every spot of his body, and eventual death.

You try to act as if they are the same, and question why we can accept a suicidal boost to reach a high level but not a passive simple training boost that almost all characters through the story did so.

Gaara

Gaara is able to use his sand to block attacks from Fused Momoshiki, and as such his sand scales rather blatantly to Fused Momo. Gaara has 0 physical feats in the manga, I don’t know if there’s anything in the anime to quantify him in that regard.

Gaara’s Sand = 156.4 ZT (5-B)
😂😂Ok I'm done reading through the beautiful post but there's no way this particular one is happening

Another thing
In one of the promotional material for Boruto, it states Majestic Attire Susanoo is the "Strongest Ninjutsu".
Can this be used to put it above ETSO?
We should upgrade Hashirama to high 4c since he beat the "strongest Ninjutsu" .
Or if we stopped automatically assuming every punch and jutsu a character throws out scales to their max power, but this is an issue more endemic to VS Battles as a whole.
Yep. It may make sense for certain verses where you can't hurt or hax your opponent if you are not of similar level but generalising this assumption is questionable.

You try to act as if they are the same, and question why we can accept a suicidal boost to reach a high level but not a passive simple training boost that almost all characters through the story did so.
and the characters in the story believe that these kage can fight six paths character, which they prove to do by fighting six paths characters...

There is no difference here other than audience suspension of disbelief.

We should upgrade Hashirama to high 4c since he beat the "strongest Ninjutsu" .

Yep. It may make sense for certain verses where you can't hurt or hax your opponent if you are not of similar level but generalising this assumption is questionable.
He’s talking about naruto & sasukes, not madara’s

unknown.png

攻守最強の武神を生み出す!!
Giving birth to a God of military arts with the strongest offense and defense
九喇嘛に須佐能乎を装備させる最強の忍術!!
The strongest ninjutsu, which allows Kurama to be equipped with Susano'o !!

the context of the scan is in regards to Naruto and Sasuke

It's Naruto and Sausage's strongest Ninjusu which is fair but it doesnt mean it's stronger than ETSB

the context of the scan is in regards to Naruto and Sasuke

It's Naruto and Sausage's strongest Ninjusu which is fair but it doesnt mean it's stronger than ETSB
Well it says it has the strongest offense and defense and it doesn't exactly specify them alone.
Really tho, I don't mind this getting rejected and just thought I'd bring it up for discussion
If it's rejected, idc

and the characters in the story believe that these kage can fight six paths character, which they prove to do by fighting six paths characters...

There is no difference here other than audience suspension of disbelief.
Since you ducked from Guy's discussion and hoped into Bourto's, I genuinely would stop here, continuing this discussion would only give me a severe headache cause we still start debating on whether they got six paths or not, Boruto vs Naruto Shipudden shit, and what not.

Gaara is able to use his sand to block attacks from Fused Momoshiki, and as such his sand scales rather blatantly to Fused Momo. Gaara has 0 physical feats in the manga, I don’t know if there’s anything in the anime to quantify him in that regard.

Gaara’s Sand = 156.4 ZT (5-B)
I don't care about Naruto, I just read a few chapters and remember nothing, but wouldn't that just be durability? Similar to Orihime's shields

Since you ducked from Guy's discussion and hoped into Bourto's,
I didnt i was focusing on what my point was. Might Guy was an example i used because his an exception people make for their own six paths standards that can be made for other characters, you went on a tangent about something unrelated to what my point was.
I genuinely would stop here, continuing this discussion would only give me a severe headache cause we still start debating on whether they got six paths or not, Boruto vs Naruto Shipudden shit, and what not
I Would recommend taking a break if the topic is annoying you, it's no fun when stuff devolves from debating to arguing.

Feel free to agree to disagree

So since the whole statements thing is being taken seriously can we scale the 5 kages from there? This could give them a considerable level and consequently other people who scale with them:

Naruto/boruto has many outliers.

1. Boruto in base stabbing momoshiki's eye
2. Uriashiki losing to 1 tails naruto
3.gara keeping up with sasuke during thier fight with uriashiki
4.Sakura harming kaguya
5. Base obito harming spsm madara
6. Shin uchiha harimg naruto and sasuke. Same shin got clapped by sakura.
7. Boro is stated to be above delta yet got beat by genin
Ect.

So the kage keeping up with otusuki should be treated the same

4.Sakura harming kaguya
Ect.

All scale to the level of the planet, very simple even the kid naruto

So since the whole statements thing is being taken seriously can we scale the 5 kages from there? This could give them a considerable level and consequently other people who scale with them:

I mean, the Boruto Kages have actual feats while this is an statement only.

4.Sakura harming kaguya
Ect.

pretty sure the time travel arc has eye users nerfed from the time travel

naruto and sasuke were out of shape in round one with shin, and he used his eye hax to get major blows in

obito harming spsm madara was explained to be due to the remnants of six paths chakra, and it happens twice, again with zetsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back