• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it isn't.

Just because a character is capable of something that powerful doesn't mean every single action or move they do carries that amount of energy. By this logic, Sasuke's weakest attacks are equal to his strongest attacks.
If they use their strongest attack and the enemy tanks it, yet then use a weaker attack and they manage to damage it, by the idea of power-scaling, it shows the weaker attacks at least downscales.

You would have to prove in this instance within the narrative that Sasuke would want to held back his normal level of power.

If they use their strongest attack and the enemy tanks it, yet then use a weaker attack and they manage to damage it, by the idea of power-scaling, it shows the weaker attacks at least downscales.

You would have to prove in this instance within the narrative that Sasuke would want to held back his normal level of power.
You have to prove that Sasuke is going all-out.

Burden of proof is on the people claiming that Shin is 5-B.

You are scaling Shin to Nearly out of Chakra Rinnengan Sasuke
Pause, where are you getting him being nearly out of chakra from?
You are scaling Sasuke without Rinnengan but with Chakra to Nearly out of Chakra Borushiki
Actually, it’s more like Sasuke downscaling from his Rinnegan self because he’s still portrayed as a threat to characters on that level.

You have to prove that Sasuke is going all-out.

Burden of proof is on the people claiming that Shin is 5-B.
No, Damage. The burden of proof is on YOU to prove that Sasuke was holding back/not trying/whatever else you want to come up with. Because you have not provided a single piece evidence to support your claim, you’ve just said “I don’t think it’s 5-B” and expect us to just go along with it.

No, Damage. The burden of proof is on YOU to prove that Sasuke was holding back/not trying/whatever else you want to come up with. Because you have not provided a single piece evidence to support your claim, you’ve just said “I don’t think it’s 5-B” and expect us to just go along with it.
If we can't agree on who has to prove what, then I don't see how we can even have a discussion about this.

You just said "I think it's 5-B", and that's it. You've offered zero evidence.
I’ve already explained why it’s 5-B. Sasuke is a 5-B, there is no evidence that he’s holding back or not trying, so his attacks would be 5-B. You have not once provided a proper counter to this.

Alongside what the others said: Does he need to be going all out to be 5-B? Because that would be another entire discussion.
Why would Sasuke be going all-out against a random mook ambushing him in the forest? Using a Raiton jutsu could purely be for the purpose of incapacitation / stunning them. There's no reason to think he's trying to obliterate some random guy with Otsutsuki-level firepower.

Shippuden and the Last scaling looks perfectly fine to me I think.

Looking at Boruto, I do have a disclaimer, I am a manga only reader so I'm just going off of what the Manga has provided when I say this.

I think the Kage are mostly fine to scale, though I think downscaling is the best bet for everyone besides Gaara, since he has a direct feat of blocking a hit from Fused Momoshiki. The group clearly threatens and almost damages both Momoshiki and Kinshiki (or whatever the big one's name is) multiple times throughout the brief fight and that's that.

Shikimaru, I'm generally unsure about the scaling of his shadow. I think it might actually be better to have it pegged down to lifting strength over AP since the techinque acts more like a grapple than it does a proper ap attack I think.

Sakura and Shin, I honestly see no problem with scaling them to base naruto and Sasuke since that's who they're shown to be comparable to from the images provided. Seems pretty blatant to me, and otherwise I think that might lack Anti-feats.

And Kakashi and Urashiki are simply no comment cause I don't have much of the context surrounding the pair.

Last edited:
I’ve already explained why it’s 5-B. Sasuke is a 5-B, there is no evidence that he’s holding back or not trying, so his attacks would be 5-B. You have not once provided a proper counter to this.
Sasuke being 5-B is irrelevant. I'm asking for proof that his specific attack against Shin was Planet level.

If all you've got is, "Well, it could be", then that's no proof at all.

Shippuden and the Last scaling looks perfectly fine to me I think.

Looking at Boruto, I do have a disclaimer, I am a manga only reader so I'm just going off of what the Manga has provided when I say this.

I think the Kage are mostly fine to scale, though I think downscaling is the best bet for everyone besides Gaara, since he has a direct feat of blocking a hit from Fused Momoshiki. The group clearly threatens and almost damages both Momoshiki and Kinshiki (or whatever the big one's name is) multiple times throughout the brief fight and that's that.

Shikimaru, I'm generally unsure about the scaling of his shadow. I think it might actually be better to have it pegged down to lifting strength over AP since the techinque acts more like a grapple than it does a proper ap attack I think.

Sakura and Shin, I honestly see no problem with scaling them to base naruto and Sasuke since that's who they're shown to be comparable to from the images provided. Seems pretty blatant to me, and otherwise I think that might lack Anti-feats.

And Kakashi and Urashiki are simply no comment cause I don't have much of the context surrounding the pair.
one thing if i may, when shikamaru pins down the five kage (forcing naruto to use kurama to break out), he states he could crush their heads

If we can't agree on who has to prove what, then I don't see how we can even have a discussion about this.
Occam's Razor should support Tracer's interpretation. Sasuke used an offensive jutsu against something he deemed a threat, unless it's explicitly shown or implied a character is holding back, we assume they're using their normal AP.

I can understand the contentions with Gaiden characters, and would personally be willing to compromise on a "possibly/likely" rating if that was satisfactory.

I agree with the OP only if base Boruto, Chocho and Sarada are also 5-B. In fact, we've been treating Urashiki as PIS for years, and we could just ignore the narrative and scale in general and cast him for Sasuke, and Boruto, Jiraiya and Shinki for him... Perfect.

He tanked a punch from Delta.
0032-037.png

He severely damaged Ku with his Rasengan. The arc is actually in conflict with the Shikimaru Shinden novel; the novel takes places during the Mujina Bandit arc and Onoki is a supporting character and still alive, but the Mitsuki Disappearance anime arc killed Onoki before that.
Kawaki managed to intercept Delta's beam similar to Nar

The level of justification used to upgrade the Sakura and the Kages and such can be used to upgrade Boruto.

For example he bruised Fused Momoshiki with his Vanishing Rasengan, which according to the anime is significantly weaker than his regular Rasengan.
0009-006.png

He tanked a punch from Delta.
0032-037.png

He severely damaged Ku with his Rasengan. The arc is actually in conflict with the Shikimaru Shinden novel; the novel takes places during the Mujina Bandit arc and Onoki is a supporting character and still alive, but the Mitsuki Disappearance anime arc killed Onoki before that.
Kawaki managed to intercept Delta's beam similar to Naruto.
0032-044.png

If we accept every outlier left and right at face value, most characters would be equal to each other with no explanation. According to the novelization, Rock Lee would beat up Momoshiki due to his Taijutsu skills:
“You can only release jutsu that you’ve sucked up...right?” He said, “It’s the same trickery as the Scientific Ninja Tool Division’s toy.”

“In that case, we should mainly use Taijutsu and not let you suck up any jutsu.” Darui said.

Gaara continued as he expanded his sand and took control of the air space. “It’s the same as Kaguya, huh.”

In that case, it was a shame they hadn’t brought Rock Lee with them, but, well, it wasn’t bad to show off his taijutsu every now and then.
So I guess he doesn't need the Eighth Gates to beat up Madara; how do we know that Momoshiki is not physically weak and that Fused Momoshiki wasn't holding back against the Kages?

Thoughts on pre-Juubi and pre-Fruit Kaguya doing this much damage to Isshiki?
0046-028.png

We can say that it is hax (even though Isshiki's spine is still intact, and Isshiki is said to have ran out of energy), but if so why can't we say that Shikimaru's shadow is hax that prevents the opponent from using their physical strength, or that Chojuro's attack is hax?

How would Kaguya know about the future strength of Momoshiki and Kinshiki? Their invasion would've been centuries in the future and there is no telling how much stronger they can get through eating Chakra Fruits. Also they might have hax that allows them to steal the power of other Otsutsuki.

How do we know near out of Chakra Sasuke and rusty Naruto who scale to Shin don't scale below Tier 5?

So how come Hashirama and Madara (while alive), who were among the most talented Shinobi to ever exist, not achieve such physical prowess?
I mean I don't understand much about the argument that he was off guard either, we've already seen the Jigen base get kicked in the face by six paths Naruto while he was off guard but he just got thrown away, the only hax that Kaguya could use are the ash bones but that would have killed him for sure, to leave him in that state it looks more like it was physical damage

Sasuke being 5-B is irrelevant. I'm asking for proof that his specific attack against Shin was Planet level.

If all you've got is, "Well, it could be", then that's no proof at all.
Damage, you trying to “argue” that his Raiton isn’t 5-B literally goes against how powerscaling is done on the site. Sasuke’s attack potency is 5-B, therefore his attacks are 5-B.

Wow, I'm waiting for all of this to get accepted so I can destroy VSB wiki as a whole.

Can't wait for 5B BoS (himawari, boruto, chocho, mitsuki, hanabi, konohamaru, literally every fcking kid in the series).

I don't know why you're making a point of shin stabbing sasuke with his scalpels considering how inconsistent durability is portrayed in series when slashing, piercing attacks are involved.

Except you have some kind of armor, forcefield covering your skin, any child is capable of harming the likes of naruto and sasuke with a common kunai bar the otsutsuki as they clearly have some kind of tough skin.

also based Wiki standards we assume they they using the potency of their base stat unless specified or greater context is given.
I don't accept that as being a wiki standard. Where is it stated on the wiki that we have to do that?

Damage, you trying to “argue” that his Raiton isn’t 5-B literally goes against how powerscaling is done on the site. Sasuke’s attack potency is 5-B, therefore his attacks are 5-B.
I'm not everyone else on this entire site. I can only argue based on my own perspective.

My own perspective says that it is a drastic high-end to assume that Sasuke attack this guy with Planet level AP with no solid basis.

because it's his base power why would he lower it when he intends to injure or kill.
"Base power" is such a nothing term. Nowhere in the verse is it implied that the minimum amount of effort Sasuke puts into his jutsu automatically produces a 5-B attack.

While Naruto was really trying she looked super casual here, But as I already explained she didn't want to kill him at that moment.
That still shows a level of relativity but regardless again I'll just agree to disagree as the only thing I want to hear is arguments for why she doesn't scale to ETSO when the implication is she was already using that chakra

I'm not everyone else on this entire site. I can only argue based on my own perspective.

My own perspective says that it is a drastic high-end to assume that Sasuke attack this guy with Planet level AP with no solid basis.
Tbf Naruto saw this rando and went "I better use my full power" so it's not that far fetched.
Again I'd be fine with compromising on "likely/possibly" ratings on the more contentious characters.

And my perspective is that you’re needlessly asserting that the 5-B character isn’t attacking with 5-B force and not providing a single piece of evidence to support that.

And my perspective is that you’re needlessly asserting that the 5-B character isn’t attacking with 5-B force and not providing a single piece of evidence to support that.
You're entitled to your own opinion. I don't expect to change it.

I don't accept that as being a wiki standard. Where is it stated on the wiki that we have to do that?
then you would have to completely change our standard for powerscaling.

you could never powerscale 99% of any character on the wiki unless they have direct statments with super specific details, you can never assume they are giving it their 100%

you cant even do this for punches and kicks as the amount of force someone actually output varies, someones first punch could be weaker than their second ect

i find this sasuke argument so weird

sasuke was willing to go for a killing blow on sarada when he hadnt even figured out she was his daughter. Sasuke holding back his power tiers is ridiculous, in where theres an enemy who can be a threat to sarada and with naruto present

you could never powerscale 99% of any character on the wiki unless they have direct statments with super specific details, you can never assume they are giving it their 100%

you cant even do this for punches and kicks as the amount of force someone actually output varies, someones first punch could be weaker than their second ect
I'm fine with that.

The ultra-laidback casual approach to powerscaling is too vague and shitty for my liking.

That's quite the exaggeration tho.

It's 100% possible, it would simply require better analysis and evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back