• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have watched in Italy Avengers: Infinity War. My personal opinion of it: it was extremely good, but it's not a movie where you will jump out of your chair yelling "YES! AWESOME!",but one that will leave an impression and leave you somber and thoughtful.

Thanos is also a great villain, btw, IMO way better than the pretentiousborderline sue-ish prick Starlin wrote him as... so what kind of feats are there? Well...

HERE THEY ARE, Some are SPOILERS!! BE WARNED! I AM NOT A SPOILING PRICK

THANOS

- At the beginning of the movie, Thanos without any Infinity Gem fought Hulk at the beginning of the movie and defeated him pretty easily once he got over the sneak attack. It's implied that either him or his Black Order defeated Thor with ease. I would thus suggest him as a 6-C. by scaling to both Post-awakening Thor and Hulk

- A few anti feats are present though, as literally EVERYONE made Thanos stagger, including Captain America.

- He doesn't seem to have any hax whatsoever with his Gaunlet

THOR

- During the movie, Thor takes the all the heat of a neutron star head on for multiple seconds. While he is knocked unconscious and injuried, he survives.

Stormbreaker is described as a 'Thanos-destroying' weapon and is made by the same person who crafted the Infinity Gaunlet. It actually wounds him pretty badly

- My suggestion is to say Thor is 6-C, higher with Stormbreaker

EBONY MAW (AKA Creepy dude who fights Strange in the trailer)

IMO, he is the strongest lackey of Thanos, able to restrain Post-awakening Thor (although he was pretty battered) and fights Doctor Strange in combat. I'd suggest a 6-C for him as well, especially what I write below, otherwise keep him at 7-B

DOCTOR STRANGE

My favorite superhero does not disappoint!

[SPOILERS]

With the Eye of Agamotto, Strange traverse over 14 millions alternative futures to find a way to wind over an unknown but realtively small period of time.

He shows he can use the 'mirror dimension' manipulation in the real world as a barrier, is able to warp a miniature blackhole in a series of butterflies, and gives Thanos a pretty good fight. Again,an new key to him as 6-C is IMO needed.

[/SPOILERS]

CULL OBSIDIAN

[SPOILERS]

Cull Obsidian puts up a good fight against the Hulkbuster.. 7-C for him.

[/SPOILERS]

IRON MAN

[SPOILERS]

Iron Man has a new armor made of Nano-technology that shows to be able to self repair and regenerate and actually is able at the end to successfully make Thanos bleed ( a single drop), something Hulk could not do. He also stomps Cull Obsidian

[/SPOILERS]

INFINITY GAUNLET

[SPOILERS]

Shows reality warping with the Aether

Teleportation with the Tesseract

Energy Blast with the Power Gem

Time Reversal with the Gem of Time

[/SPOILERS]

EBONY MAW AND PROXIMA MIDNIGHT

They mostly fight the street level heroes, but their weapons are able to injure vVsion and interfere with his phasing, so I would suggest 9A, 7B with weapons

Please, do not think I am trying to spoil the movie. All of you, have fun watching it, it's great

(Spoilers, even though this is a literal spoiler thread)

Thanos has shown these abilities:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Resistance to Mind Control (Mantis had a hard time controlling him, describing his mind as strong. Eventually broke out of Mantis' control after Star-Lord attacked him) | Same as before, with Improved Superhuman Physical Characteristics (Has both the Power Stone and the Aether), Telekinesis, Energy Manipulation with the Power Stone, Energy Projection with the Power Stone, Forcefield Creation with the Power Stone, Earth Manipulation (Pulled several large rocks out of the Earth, and shaped them into constraints), Air Manipulation (His arrival on Earth caused a large gust of wind), Technological Manipulation, Reality Warping with the Reality Stone (He can create extremely realistic projections of reality. Stated he had full control of reality), Transmutation with the Space Stone (Turned Drax into concrete), Portal Creation with the Time Stone, Time Manipulation with the Time Stone, Existence Erasure with all stones (Erased half of all life in the universe from Existence), Mind Manipulation with the Mind Stone, Soul Manipulation with the Soul Stone, Likely Various other powers

Thor could overpower a Energy Beam from the Gauntlet (the other avengers didn't) and hurt Thanos

With less Stones Thanos destroyed a Moon, I think using only the Power Stone

With this; Thor is 5-C with Storm Breaker o.o

Hey guys, wanna know something hilarious?

Thanos > Hulk

And thanks to Hulk not having any role after that,

Everyone who beat up Thanos including but not limited to: Spider Man, Doctor Strange, Star Lord, ect. > Hulk

Don't you just love scaling?

Dante Demon Killah said:
Thor could overpower a Energy Beam from the Gauntlet (the other avengers didn't) and hurt Thanos

1) Thanos never used the power of the IG to kill someone, only messed with them a little (case in point, Black widow survived), however, he does NOT amp his own stats with the IG, so he is a HUGE glass cannon. Heck, Captain America managed tomake him buldge.

Sir Ovens said:
Hey guys, wanna know something hilarious?
Thanos > Hulk

And thanks to Hulk not having any role after that,

Everyone who beat up Thanos including but not limited to: Spider Man, Doctor Strange, Star Lord, ect. > Hulk

Don't you just love scaling?
Spider-Man and Star lord were only bothering Thanos while IronMan and Stange provided the heavy lifting, the did NOT do much but being mobile and haxy. They don't scale to him in terms of raw strength

Case in point, Hulk had totake a beating before finally going unconscious, as soon as anyone else got in Thanos' hands they were down for the count

But Thor overpowered A BLAST from all the Infinite Stones (an Energy Beam) , including the stone he used to destroy the Moon

Nothing implies it was as powerful as that same blast and given Captain America and lesser heroes took blows from Thanos, I guess it's pretty safe he was holding back not tfinding them worth killing

When a character is way above you in tier, staggering them shouldn't even be a possibility. Not even if it's a bunch of tier 9s and 7s staggering him. The fact any of them moved him constitutes as some level of AP that is close to his.

Idk anything about the Strange eye of agamotto feat, but from what I hear that sounds like a speed calc waiting to happen.

Strange can look through 14 million timelines, however that feat seems inapplicable for battle as he has to meditate to perform it.

He didn't look through millions of times, what he did was process millions of outcomes in an unknown amount of time where he was meditating.

Strange held his own against Thanos for several moments and the new IronMan armor managed to wound Thanos (only a small cut). Thor was able to withstand the power of a neutron star, although he almost died. In addition he has the Bifrost control now, and he uses it to move, which could be considered MFTL Moviment Speed (though not reaction speed)

He has to navigate the Bifrost through space, I'm pretty sure that scales to his reaction.

I do not know, Bifrost is a straight path, no need to make curves and also was not shown changing direction. Practically Thor chooses where to go and follows in a straight line.

When Heimdal teleported Hulk, it curved past Saturn if memory serves me.

Xantospoc said:
Dante Demon Killah said:

1) Thanos never used the power of the IG to kill someone, only messed with them a little (case in point, Black widow survived), however, he does NOT amp his own stats with the IG, so he is a HUGE glass cannon. Heck, Captain America managed tomake him buldge.
Except that he only held back against the street levels. Against Thor, Thanos used a full power blast, and someone like Hulk was literally unable to do damage against him, with a boosted Iron Man only being able to get a drop of blood. Meanwhile, Thor with Stormbreaker was able to seriously wound Thanos and plow through a blast powered up by a reality warping gauntlet. Thor has some serious firepower this movie, what with resisiting the heat, radiation and power of a neutron star and using that same power to wound Thanos.

I would put him and Thanos (without gauntlet) at tier 5, as a neutron star is much more massive than a normal star.

Doesn't our sun, not even the almost dead Neutron Star, produce Multi Continent Levels of energy per second?

TheFinalOrder said:
@Edgar
A Neutron Star is much much much much smaller than a regular star. It's smaller than Los Angeles.
Massive as in astronomically massive, dude. Dense but compact. The gravitational pull of a neutron star is much, much higher than that of a normal star thanks to its size. The gravitational pull of a neutron star is at least 200 billion times that of Earth, compared to our Sun having a surface gravity pull of 28 times of Earth. Not to mention its temperature being several thousand times higher than that of a normal star, a normal star has a temperature ranging from 3500-60000 Kelvin, while the surface of an old neutron star (as the one in the movie) is at least 1,000,000 Kelvin hot.

Then you have the star forge basically directing the entire power of the neutron star into the... thingy, I don't remember how it was called and Thor basically received all this energy in the span of some seconds and managed to survive thanks to Stormbreaker (that I'm pretty sure would count as standard equipment and given that when he received it he recovered from all injuries he sustained, I'm pretty sure it must at least give him regen).

EdgarDom said:
TheFinalOrder said:
@Edgar
A Neutron Star is much much much much smaller than a regular star. It's smaller than Los Angeles.
Massive as in astronomically massive, dude. Dense but compact. The gravitational pull of a neutron star is much, much higher than that of a normal star thanks to its size. The gravitational pull of a neutron star is at least 200 billion times that of Earth, compared to our Sun having a surface gravity pull of 28 times of Earth. Not to mention its temperature being several thousand times higher than that of a normal star, a normal star has a temperature ranging from 3500-60000 Kelvin, while the surface of an old neutron star (as the one in the movie) is at least 1,000,000 Kelvin hot.
Clearly, but your post I responded to implied you were talking about it's size.

TheFinalOrder said:
EdgarDom said:
TheFinalOrder said:
@Edgar
Not my fault you don't know your astronomical terms.

Xantospoc said:
I have watched in Italy Avengers: Infinity War. My personal opinion of it: it was extremely good, but it's not a movie where you will jump out of your chair yelling "YES! AWESOME!",but one that will leave an impression and leave you somber and thoughtful.
Thanos is also a great villain, btw, IMO way better than the pretentiousborderline sue-ish prick Starlin wrote him as... so what kind of feats are there? Well...

HERE THEY ARE, Some are SPOILERS!! BE WARNED! I AM NOT A SPOILING PRICK

THANOS

- At the beginning of the movie, Thanos without any Infinity Gem fought Hulk at the beginning of the movie and defeated him pretty easily once he got over the sneak attack. It's implied that either him or his Black Order defeated Thor with ease. I would thus suggest him as a 6-C. by scaling to both Post-awakening Thor and Hulk

- A few anti feats are present though, as literally EVERYONE made Thanos stagger, including Captain America.

- He doesn't seem to have any hax whatsoever with his Gaunlet

THOR

- During the movie, Thor takes the all the heat of a neutron star head on for multiple seconds. While he is knocked unconscious and injuried, he survives.

Stormbreaker is described as a 'Thanos-destroying' weapon and is made by the same person who crafted the Infinity Gaunlet. It actually wounds him pretty badly

- My suggestion is to say Thor is 6-C, higher with Stormbreaker

EBONY MAW (AKA Creepy dude who fights Strange in the trailer)

IMO, he is the strongest lackey of Thanos, able to restrain Post-awakening Thor (although he was pretty battered) and fights Doctor Strange in combat. I'd suggest a 6-C for him as well, especially what I write below, otherwise keep him at 7-B

DOCTOR STRANGE

My favorite superhero does not disappoint!

[SPOILERS]

With the Eye of Agamotto, Strange traverse over 14 millions alternative futures to find a way to wind over an unknown but realtively small period of time.

He shows he can use the 'mirror dimension' manipulation in the real world as a barrier, is able to warp a miniature blackhole in a series of butterflies, and gives Thanos a pretty good fight. Again,an new key to him as 6-C is IMO needed.

[/SPOILERS]

CULL OBSIDIAN

[SPOILERS]

Cull Obsidian puts up a good fight against the Hulkbuster.. 7-C for him.

[/SPOILERS]

IRON MAN

[SPOILERS]

Iron Man has a new armor made of Nano-technology that shows to be able to self repair and regenerate and actually is able at the end to successfully make Thanos bleed ( a single drop), something Hulk could not do. He also stomps Cull Obsidian

[/SPOILERS]

INFINITY GAUNLET

[SPOILERS]

Shows reality warping with the Aether

Teleportation with the Tesseract

Energy Blast with the Power Gem

Time Reversal with the Gem of Time

[/SPOILERS]

EBONY MAW AND PROXIMA MIDNIGHT

They mostly fight the street level heroes, but their weapons are able to injure vVsion and interfere with his phasing, so I would suggest 9A, 7B with weapons

Please, do not think I am trying to spoil the movie. All of you, have fun watching it, it's great
Guy why did you forget about Wanda Maximoff !!!! It is unforgivable you didn't mention her _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ busting feat ! ( I made an empty space, because of Spoilers )

There's some abilities you're missing for Thanos and Strange. Like Fire manipulation due to redirecting the fire shot from Iron Man, and black hole creation. As for strange, he should get illusion creation due to his little shadow clones trick he did as an attempt to restrain Thanos.

It wasn't an illusion. I believe it was actual cloning, as they were all able to restrain Thanos.

Ok. Let's see here.

Thanos also has durability negation/possible matter manipulation due to making Drax and Mantis fall apart back in knowhere, and I think telekinesis for being able to restrain Loki at the beginning of the movie.

There's also the fact that Thanos can hold the Infinity Stones with his barehands without blowing up like that one chick from Guardians 1.

EdgarDom said:
TheFinalOrder said:
EdgarDom said:
TheFinalOrder said:
@Edgar
Not my fault you don't know your astronomical terms.
************, are you stupid? Read what you ******* put before talking shit. Know what the **** you're trying to "ACTUALLY" say before talking.

EdgarDom wrote:

"I would put him and Thanos (without gauntlet) at tier 5, as a neutron star is much more massive than a normal star."

Asshole...and even then, improve your reading comprehension. Nowhere did I talk about astronomical terms.

@TFO Calm down, there's no need to insult others just because they're clarifying what a neutron star is capable of.

Back