• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Imo we should make two key for thanos, one with the infinity gauntlet and one without. Because he become universal range when he holds all of the infinity gems.

I just want to point out that Stormbreaker itself is only immune to the Infinity Gauntlet because it was designed to counter it. Nothing AP wise can be gained from that.

@Natse

Seems like it has power nullification to a certain extent. I don't remember it being stated to be designed to counter the IG since it was being made before the dwarf was forced to make the IG.

Stormbreaker wasn't designed to counter the IG nor do I remember any Power Null feats. All that was said about it was that it was designed to be the strongest Asgardian Weapon.

@FinalOrder

Stormbreaker carved straight through Thanos' gem attacks. The beam broke around it and was effecting it whatsoever.

Assaltwaffle said:
@FinalOrder
Stormbreaker carved straight through Thanos' gem attacks. The beam broke around it and was effecting it whatsoever.
That in and of itself is not indicative of power null. I mean a note about it "Possibly" having PN is fair I guess, but is baseless all the same. The scene and context shows basic overpowering.

If nothing else, the Artbook or whatever that'll come out will explain things like in Doctor Strange and GoTG.

I'd say it was basic overpowering if it wasn't the infinity stones. They have special properties and could do far more than normal blast.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Stormbreaker was designed to "kill Thanos". That's all that was said, I believe.

Make of that what you will.
Was that said? I don't remember that but I'm going to see it again later this week so I'll get to see again.

Also, I think Ironman has High-Low Regen with this suit. Parts og his suit got complete destroyed and Nanites repared them comepletely. But as shown it's limited as i'm assuming he runs out of nano tech to repair the damage.

Assaltwaffle said:
Was that said? I don't remember that but I'm going to see it again later this week so I'll get to see again.
When asked about what kind of weapon Thor was going to go get by the Guardians, he responds with "The Thanos-killing kind", and later speaks with the space dwarf about having a weapon made that's capable of defeating Thanos. Just minor things like that.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Stormbreaker was designed to "kill Thanos". That's all that was said, I believe.
Make of that what you will.
Not quite. Thor said:

"I need you to build a weapon...the Thanos killing kind."

The Dwarf then started telling him things and stated outright that the weapon was designed to be the strongest asgardian weapon. Thor asked him the name and he said Stormbreaker.

@Azzy

Oh. I just took that as the weapon being insanely powerful to the point it can kill Thanos, not that it was like kryptonite to him.

Assaltwaffle said:
I'd say it was basic overpowering if it wasn't the infinity stones. They have special properties and could do far more than normal blast.
You are correct, but we also know they ca just do normal blasts at the same time.

> I think 4 stone Thanos ripping away a moon's surface was calced in the Tier 5 range (since it was done at such ludicrously high speeds), but it needs to be evaluated.

Just the surface bust or him throwing the rocks? Since he used the space stone to open a wormhole that the meteors went through, meaning they didn't travel from the moon to Titan directly.

Qawsedf234 said:
> I think 4 stone Thanos ripping away a moon's surface was calced in the Tier 5 range (since it was done at such ludicrously high speeds), but it needs to be evaluated.
Just the surface bust or him throwing the rocks? Since he used the space stone to open a wormhole that the meteors went through, meaning they didn't travel from the moon to Titan directly.
He sundered the entire moon. He is tier 5 with only the power stone, the space stone simply enabled the projection of its power. Now whether the power stone cannot or can do the same to a sun on its own or boosted is the question.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Azzy
Oh. I just took that as the weapon being insanely powerful to the point it can kill Thanos, not that it was like kryptonite to him.
As repeated, thanos does not get any passive stat boosts with more stones (expect maybe greater perception, of time and all that) both there weapons are made of the same alloy and that's it.

The reason Thor is so much stronger, is because he finally has weapon capable of channeling his Awakened power. Look at him vs hela, a hammer is an intrinsic part of his fighting style, so without he's crippled. And hela has the greatest Regenerationn in the MCU, because there's ni way Disney will allow Hulk to be diced up.

> He sundered the entire moon.

That's Tier 5 and not High 6A? If so then shouldn't a lot of other people with surface wiping feats be recalced as well

> the space stone simply enabled the projection of its power.

Part of the OBD calc involved the projectiles moving fast. Which isn't really true if they were teleported the majority of the distance

Assaltwaffle said:
@Natse
Seems like it has power nullification to a certain extent. I don't remember it being stated to be designed to counter the IG since it was being made before the dwarf was forced to make the IG.
It wasn't, it was thanos severely underestimating how much stronger Thor was, now he had Stormbreaker. And Thor now being able to tank a star.

Had he known, he would've just banished him instead. Or some other Hax. Or a moon busting beam.

Qawsedf234 said:
> He sundered the entire moon.
That's Tier 5 and not High 6A? If so then shouldn't a lot of other people with surface wiping feats be recalced as well

> the space stone simply enabled the projection of its power.

Part of the OBD calc involved the projectiles moving fast. Which isn't really true if they were teleported the majority of the distance
As in literally projecting it's power, thus far. The power stone has to be physically on its target to bust it. The space stone simply enabled a proxy activation of that power. He did teleport the rubble however.

Yeah I knew he blew up the surface of the moon. But I don't think that's Tier 5 in of itself.

Qawsedf234 said:
Yeah I knew he blew up the surface of the moon. But I don't think that's Tier 5 in of itself.
The limits of the power stone, seemingly impale it can bust any planet regardless of size.

But it hasn't busted any planet as of now. They've all be surface wipes.

OK guys. Let's stop and look at this.

The Power Stone isn't a NLF. It can't "bust any planet regardless of size."

That said, the feat is likely tier 5 because of the speed at which the surface wipe was done. A moon-scale surface wipe pulled off in less than a second means the matter blown from the surface is moving extremely fast. A lot of matter moving extremely fast means a lot of energy, making it around tier 5.

Things don't need to bust planets if the surface wipe is done extremely fast. In real life a cataclysmic surface-destroying event would take hours to pull off. If you lower that timeframe to seconds, of course it is going to give crazy results.

He didn't teleport the rubble. You can clearly see in the same scene that the rubble comes from out of the atmosphere. If it was teleported, you'd see a portal open up not too far away from them, which isn't the case in the film.

Oh I see what it was. I was going off of the Boros calc for High 6A, when that was just enough force to kill everything vs actually razing the planet's surface.

Newendigo said:
I heard that destroying the surface of the moon is around contry level
"Destroying" maybe (it would be higher than that since the surface area of the Moon is huge but let's ignore that).

But there is a big difference between destroy normally and getting the surface, shattering it, and then launching it across the Moon's circumference at speeds needing to be described as percentages of lightspeed.

He didn't launch all of it at once, he launched large portions of high speed.

If it was launched all at once, it would get large planet level results according to some calc.

TheFinalOrder said:
He didn't teleport the rubble. You can clearly see in the same scene that the rubble comes from out of the atmosphere. If it was teleported, you'd see a portal open up not too far away from them, which isn't the case in the film.
But there was a portal that appeared after he nuked the surface and all of the meteors flew towards it

@Gargoyle that moment when you realized that Loki used the "We have the Hulk" meme on another villain.

I'm also quite certain that thanos DID bust that moon, in Infinity War. Where as in guardians it was a surface wipe/ degradation then explosion.

Assaltwaffle said:
OK guys. Let's stop and look at this.
The Power Stone isn't a NLF. It can't "bust any planet regardless of size."

That said, the feat is likely tier 5 because of the speed at which the surface wipe was done. A moon-scale surface wipe pulled off in less than a second means the matter blown from the surface is moving extremely fast. A lot of matter moving extremely fast means a lot of energy, making it around tier 5.

Things don't need to bust planets if the surface wipe is done extremely fast. In real life a cataclysmic surface-destroying event would take hours to pull off. If you lower that timeframe to seconds, of course it is going to give crazy results.
It's literally less than 5 seconds.

Back