• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

Yeah, I mentioned it on the other thread. Vision mentions that nothing can possibly destroy an infinity stone, except Wanda because her energy resonates with that of the Mind Stone (since her powers come from the same source). While I don't think it's a feat of raw destruction capability, I think it stands to reason that she should be strong enough to overcharge the gem and that is a feat on itself. As for how to scale/calc that, I don't really know.

Maybe calculate how much energy you would need to overload a battery?

"I've been giving a great deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature, but also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something very similar to its own perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail".

There's the quote.

I think it's implying Wanda's energy source is sufficiently similar in composition, and also powerful enough, to cause the stone's molecular integrity to fail.

Given the context, "similar to its own" could mean as powerful, rather than having similar composition.

But, to be fair, her hidden powers thing was unlocked by the Mind stone's energy.

It is evidently talking about power.

"I've been giving a great deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature, but also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something very similar to its own perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail".

First Vision goes "If it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source", showing that he IS talking about power. And then he immediately adds "Something very similar to its own". Similar in power, obviously, as that second part of the line serves to clarify what the first half meant.

Something that's about as powerful as the Stone itself.

Seems to me that he meant that they needed energy similar to that of the stone, and such needed to have a certain unspecified amount of power to break it. They specifically needed her to do it, so I don't think it's just about power.

@Jucas

Name someone else who has that amount of power in the movie (aside from Stormbreaker due to the timing)?

Doctor Strange also wasn't on Earth, nor did they know about him, and Thanos doesn't count for obvious reasons.

It was to show that no one else could break the stone, this was because his point was that it was her specifically due to the nature of her powers, but the fact that no one else could makes this moot.

To clarify: I only agree that Corvus scales to Vision because of ByAsura's reasonable arguments, not Matthew Schroeder and the Everlasting's dumb arguments.

Why is someone saying that Wanda making Thanos struggle was a physycal feat and it should not let her scale from that?. We clearly see him using one of the stones to make a shield to be able to reach her.

So Thor, Hulk, Base Thanos, Ebony (telekinesis), blah blah blah is 6-A

Then Scarlet Witch, Iron Man's shield, Power Stone, Doctor Strange, Thanos, Stormbreaker Thor is 5-A?

I'm very confused now.

In regards to Wanda shattering the mind stone, whilst power likely does play a part in Wanda's ability to destroy it I'm fairly certain the more significant factor is the fact that her powers were gained from the stone itself.

Interestingly enough it's a call back to phase 1, where the statement is made that the tesseract (as we now know is the Space stone) can't block Loki's sceptre (the Mind stone) because "u can't defend against yourself". And we have seen that Scarlet witch moreso than anybody including Vision himself has a distinct relationship with the stone; in civil war she was able to manipulate the stone to mess with Visions powers and even early in Infinity war she shows a connection with it when trying to decipher what Vision thought the stone was telling him.

Jean Pierre kurosaki said:
dude it's an axe not a hammer
It does have a hammer on the opposite side. It seems like a poleaxe in terms of weapon classification.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
So Thor, Hulk, Base Thanos, Ebony (telekinesis), blah blah blah is 6-A

Then Scarlet Witch, Iron Man's shield, Power Stone, Doctor Strange, Thanos, Stormbreaker Thor is 5-A?

I'm very confused now.
@Matthew Schroeder Can you reply who scales to who? I'm confused.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Can anyone show a single evidence of that other than headcanon? The explanation never mentions her powers coming from the same source.
How is this headcanon? Avengers 1 establishes that the stones can't defend themselves from each other (much less themselves), Avengers 2 establishes that Wanda and Pietro gained their powers from experiments that revolved around the mind stone, Civil war and Infinity war both highlight Wanda's connection to the stone and when u take Vision's statement in context with the earlier scene when Wanda is explicitly asked by Vision to connect with he stone (showing he knows both share a connection) it makes it abundantly clear that this connection is significant.

@Davidsteel

The experiments are given basically no detail. Ultron was also wondering how they even survived, so they clearly aren't normal even before they got powers.

Captain America: Winter Solider doesn't give/establish her connection, it just says she survived the experiments, unlike almost all of the other subjects besides Pietro. They literally only appear and are talked about for like 2 minutes, tops. I've just rewatched Avengers 2, and they don't even establish the connection. Civil War also doesn't do that (i might have missed something on Civil War though).

Except she didn't feel anything about the Mind Stone, just Vision, she even states this to Vision, who states very very clearly that there's an entity in the stone.

I don't think so. Black Widow only harmed Corvus with sharpened weaponry, and Corvus stomped Cap.

It should probably be noted that human heroes can slightly stagger Thanos.

Back