• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armored Core General Discussion Thread

There's always the Zimmermans? And I've never tried Tanks before but I believe double Gatling Guns on Tank is OP as hell isn't it? I could see that shredding CEL-240.
Tried Zimmermans, I could reliably get him to phase 2 with those but then he just pulls out his massive plasma blade shit

I've gotten real close to beating him but it was always through sheer luck

Tried Zimmermans, I could reliably get him to phase 2 with those but the he just pull out his massive plasma blade shit

Use the needle launchers and double gatlings. Worked for me.

Put it on it, it's free to be edited

Cool. Do we still do resistance to extreme cold as well or was that stopped?

There's always the Zimmermans? And I've never tried Tanks before but I believe double Gatling Guns on Tank is OP as hell isn't it? I could see that shredding CEL-240.
Needle launcher was apparently the way to go

I still feel I got lucky
Cool. Do we still do resistance to extreme cold as well or was that stopped?
I mean it protects against extreme heat so I see no reason why it wouldnt apply to cold as well

But surviving in space no longer grants cold resist

Legit don't think I've used the assault boost on anyone besides Balteus

Maybe I should try the melee build, cause I'm tearing my hair out trying to hit this mf while he's moving and my lock on breaks every half-second

Also here's this for maybe quantifying how fast beam weapons are
Nice calc. So the AC's speed doesen't scale to these lasers? From what i saw in gameplay once a laser is fired it can't be dodged. So you basically have to aim dodge.

Tried Zimmermans, I could reliably get him to phase 2 with those but then he just pulls out his massive plasma blade shit

Needle launcher was apparently the way to go

I still feel I got lucky

I mean it protects against extreme heat so I see no reason why it wouldnt apply to cold as well

But surviving in space no longer grants cold resist
Tbf, it is gonna been brutal regardless. It take me awhile, but I do have the pulse energy weapon to shoot down his own energy shields

My best shot of dodging those sword slashes was look at what direction they're going to avoid them rather than just pressing dodge all the time due to muscle memory. That, and also free falling, which also works the best for me.

Anyways, beaten the game now. I'm gunning for NG+ at some point when I've got time to kill

Nice calc. So the AC's speed doesen't scale to these lasers? From what i saw in gameplay once a laser is fired it can't be dodged. So you basically have to aim dodge.
Yeah I state that in the calulation

This is just so we can maybe apply the beam speed here to other beam weapons in game if we can't argue LS lasers

C4-621 can dodge handheld lasers without aim-dodging though

You can definitely dodge after the it fires and the sound has happened, you just can't dodge when its on screen unless I'm an idiot I'm pretty sure that's what I did

You can definitely dodge after the it fires and the sound has happened, you just can't dodge when its on screen unless I'm an idiot I'm pretty sure that's what I did
Also if we gonna been fair, in boss fights, you gonna get hit regardless if you done the dodge or not. (Balteus is what comes to mind as I beat him after a decent amount of tries) so even the speed feats will have to taken into account of the game mechanics being used at play here.

Also if we gonna been fair, in boss fights, you gonna get hit regardless if you done the dodge or not. (Balteus is what comes to mind as I beat him after a decent amount of tries) so even the speed feats will have to taken into account of the game mechanics being used at play here.

True. Unlike Dark Souls there isn’t really any i-frames in dodging.

For some reason VS battles wiki allows game mechanics to be used for speed and KE feats

I disagree with it but might as well abuse it until someone says something
Yea you can dodge it after it fires but it's literally useless for a speed feat

Best chance we got is the handheld laser weapons

For some reason VS battles wiki allows game mechanics to be used for speed and KE feats

I disagree with it but might as well abuse it until someone says something

Yea you can dodge it after it fires but it's literally useless for a speed feat

Best chance we got is the handheld laser weapons
Tbf, IIRC game mechanics can have a exception if it is tied to the game’s lore. Hell, Gears of War has scripted gameplay that you have to do in order to beat the missions.

Same applies here given the fact we have briefings from Walter and don’t forget…. All Mind as well.
Beside, we literally have weapon descriptions and the armor parts has their own lore too.

I personally always frown very heavily on the use of gameplay mechanics. I always prioritise lore and hard statements, which I believe AC has more than enough of between item descriptions and story.

In regards to the satellite lasers part, it is heavily encouraged to avoid even triggering the defense system (by going down below and traveling through tunnels) but there is a point where you can't completely avoid them. Your AC has to either avoid the targeting lasers or outright dodge the lasers as they fire. Carla even has dialogue where she says she never thought she would see an AC 'dance' through PCA lasers.

It's also worth noting that you can't dodge the satellite lasers prematurely. You have to actually time it so you move within the last second right when it fires. So while 621 does have the ability to time his movement, he still has to physically move in just under a second to avoid it. I believe in this clip you can hear the laser has already been fired before the player even dodges. The dodge happens very slightly after the laser fires. I recommend watching it at 0.25x speed.

Tbf, IIRC game mechanics can have a exception if it is tied to the game’s lore. Hell, Gears of War has scripted gameplay that you have to do in order to beat the missions.

Same applies here given the fact we have briefings from Walter and don’t forget…. All Mind as well.
Beside, we literally have weapon descriptions and the armor parts has their own lore too.
I know

I would account for that if we ever changed the standards

In fact I've been planning for a while to make a CRT about stuff like that

It would nerf the hell out of like 70% of video game verses

I know

I would account for that if we ever changed the standards

In fact I've been planning for a while to make a CRT about stuff like that

It would nerf the hell out of like 70% of video game verses
Good luck, but personally I am more of the guy who prefer case by case as not every game has lore stuff or is entirely just gameplay (One that comes to mind is Minecraft).

However, eventually maybe some writers and/or devs decide to expand on their game with lore, guidebooks and shit.
Hell, Minecraft (using it as a example again) is more explicitly gameplay anyway with guides that talks about the game mechanics and maybe some lore stuff.

Last edited:
Don’t know if you guys saw, but patch notes for the game dropped. Good news is they buffed the rifles. But they also nerfed some bosses, which is kinda a bummer.

Not a bummer since it just an "adjustment" on their certain attacks/wonky hitbox, they still a b***h to fight lel

Anyway, all of that weapons buff yet the true meta is still reign, no it's double zimmy and balteus cosplayers, it's this one:
AAde6oAAE01p.jpg

Don’t know if you guys saw, but patch notes for the game dropped. Good news is they buffed the rifles. But they also nerfed some bosses, which is kinda a bummer.

WOOOOOO

Holy shit I was getting so tired of running out of ammo for my machine guns literally every mission

Also they buffed the reload time so now I don't have to carry extra weapons on my core every mission

True. But at least now you can go around wearing this:

time-to-bring-out-the-big-boy-shirt-s-v0-9nwvv5acuknb1.jpg
Pre-nerf Balteus was easy, now his missile tracking is ass

They should make a shirt that says "I beat Pre-nerf Cel 240" cause the tracking on his slash attacks pre-nerf was crazy

I don't think Balteus actually needed to be nerfed

Also apparently they did something to Sea Spider but he didn't need anything done either since the moment you put on any weapons with stun the fight becomes a cakewalk

Honestly I don't think Sea Spider, Balteus or CEL-240 needed any nerfs. Yeah each of them took me hours to beat but I noticed when going back to them that I have a pretty easy time now because I saved my AC data and improved upon it for each of them. Once you know what build and playstyle works they become pretty simple fights. They're essentially glorified tests for your Assembly ability.

I think a big part of the complaints for them stems from the Dark Souls player mentality of sticking to your build and never doing anything else and if you use anything that counters the boss it's not a 'real win' which to my understanding the AC series doesn't support. Some builds just won't work for some missions and that's part of the appeal.

I will say that the Assembly options for your first Balteus fight aren't that great though. You have things like Pulse Guns to work with but Fromsoft could have paced unlocks a bit better.

Well balteus kinda works with all builds in the first place and the weapons your given at the very start of the game are more than enough to take him down (Laser blade)

Also you can re-do missions over and over for money so I really don't see a problem

Well balteus kinda works with all builds in the first place and the weapons your given at the very start of the game are more than enough to take him down (Laser blade)

Also you can re-do missions over and over for money so I really don't see a problem
Yes, my point is just that Balteus has relatively less powerful options on first encounter compared to the Sea Spider or CEL-240. There are still very strong weapons for the fight just not as many as you can choose compared to future chapters. Because of that Balteus feels much easier on rematch simply because of superior tools. So to me nerfing the boss itself feels unnecessary.

The endings in nutshell:
- Liberation of Rubicon and Fires of Raven: Pain, suffering, you won but at what cost, depression at 70%, one following your friends/comrades also mean betraying the other friends/comrades, what's your purpose and your goal exactly?
- True Ending: Hey Iguana, time for your dunk and kicking your a** time...... FOR LAST TIME!

also True Ending: Cruel Angel's Thesis Intensifies

Alright yall remember when I said I'd bring 7-C?

Well I brought High 7-C instead

148.227 Kilotons​

Try it using the height I got for C4 I'm not sure how but somehow even though we both used the container there's over a 1m discrepancy with the results. Dude should definitely be 10m tall at least considering he's about the same height as 4 shipping containers

Ik thats a bit of a big ask considering all the work ya did and for sure you did damn good.

Actually wait does C4's height seem to vary to yall? Cause this may be fine as is if so

Try it using the height I got for C4 I'm not sure how but somehow even though we both used the container there's over a 1m discrepancy with the results. Dude should definitely be 10m tall at least considering he's about the same height as 4 shipping containers

Ik thats a bit of a big ask considering all the work ya did and for sure you did damn good.

Actually wait does C4's height seem to vary to yall? Cause this may be fine as is if so
I used my own measurement because the cores height seems to vary and my build was a reverse jointed core which actually changes the height

I'd recommend we just list C4's height as "Varies depending on parts, usually around 10 meters"

I used my own measurement because the cores height seems to vary and my build was a reverse jointed core which actually changes the height

I'd recommend we just list C4's height as "Varies depending on parts, usually around 10 meters"
Yeah that's fine by me

Sorry I haven’t been keeping up to date with stuff, but so far everything is looking good. Two things I wanted to mention though is that I agree with Dalesean on being able to dodge the satellite lasers. You can do it right with the proper timing, as well as the fact that that you can dodge them while assault boosting (depending on how fast your AC is) and dodging while assault boosting.

Secondly I Greek like at this point we should start to look into some late game stuff. I’m still of the belief that 621 can get a buff off of beating Cell 240 or Ayre via them being conduits for the Coral in a way. Along with that, there is still the possibility of 621 getting resistances based on surviving what seems to be a black hole, since it visually warps space around it and practically quantum tunnels 621 and all of the Coral across the universe. There is even the possibility of getting some scaling off it since the same black hole destroys the vascular plant. Those are all just my thoughts as of now.

Back