• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also I finished my annual playthrough. Very fun time all told, Chalice Dungeons can get dysentery and die tho

Think my next Spooky Time game this year will be a DMC or Castlevania game, maybe a Silent Hill game if I can get my emulator working properly

Last edited:
Also I finished my annual playthrough. Very fun time all told, Chalice Dungeons can get dysentery and die tho

Think my next Spooky Time game this year will be a DMC or Castlevania game, maybe a Silent Hill game if I can get my emulator working properly
I got the whole DMC collection and am currently playing through them to see what all the fuss is about

I'm thinking about making a Mimic Tear profile. Is it worth the trouble though?
Possibly? The Mimic tears can copy things beyond just normal humans (I think there are afew that become trolls), but at the same time all their hax are dependent on who they are fighting

Possibly? The Mimic tears can copy things beyond just normal humans (I think there are afew that become trolls), but at the same time all their hax are dependent on who they are fighting
The big rolling balls are also them, and yes, they became trolls. It's also speculated that they might be related to the various monsters in the game that shapeshift into something different when approached or defeated.

It's also speculated that they might be related to the various monsters in the game that shapeshift into something different when approached or defeated.
What ones are those? The only one that comes to the top of my head is the phantom Morgott outside of Leyndell, but that’s just how using his own magic.

While I'm not really that opposed to improving the calc on A Call Beyond, I do have some gripes with the method. While the math is good, the description I still feel contradicts your method. It states that the ritual ultimately failed to access the cosmos, which resulted in the creation of the small star. This to me sounds like that the star is not created in the said "lofty plane of darkness", since it's simply stated that they could not reach it. However, that is just my interpretation of it, and I could understand if I am missing something about the description.

I would also like to note that I do disagree with the original calcs assumption on using the core of the sun for temperature and 1 second of radiation. If your calc isn't fully accepted, I could still see the original being redone with these in mind.

While I'm not really that opposed to improving the calc on A Call Beyond, I do have some gripes with the method. While the math is good, the description I still feel contradicts your method. It states that the ritual ultimately failed to access the cosmos, which resulted in the creation of the small star. This to me sounds like that the star is not created in the said "lofty plane of darkness", since it's simply stated that they could not reach it. However, that is just my interpretation of it, and I could understand if I am missing something about the description.
The description states:

“Long ago, the Healing church used phantasms to reach a lofty plane of darkness, but failed to make contact with the outer reaches of the cosmos.”

This seems to say that they successfully reached the ‘lofty plane of darkness’ (from which they drew power like the explosion of a star) but failed to reach the ‘outer reaches of the cosmos’ (which is presumably where the Great Ones they were trying to contact resided).

In this sense, the ‘lofty plane of darkness’ is short of ‘the outer reaches of the cosmos’ (their goal), but they still reached this lesser plane. This explains why “The rite failed to achieve its intended purpose, but instead created a small exploding star, now a powerful part of the Choir's arsenal.”

The description states:

“Long ago, the Healing church used phantasms to reach a lofty plane of darkness, but failed to make contact with the outer reaches of the cosmos.”

This seems to say that they successfully reached the ‘lofty plane of darkness’ (from which they drew power like the explosion of a star) but failed to reach the ‘outer reaches of the cosmos’ (which is presumably where the Great Ones they were trying to contact resided).

In this sense, the ‘lofty plane of darkness’ is short of ‘the outer reaches of the cosmos’ (their goal), but they still reached this lesser plane. This explains why “The rite failed to achieve its intended purpose, but instead created a small exploding star, now a powerful part of the Choir's arsenal.”
Ahhh alrighty, that makes a bit more sense. That clears up a larger portion of my concerns, but I'll mostly leave the rest to the calc team.

Back