• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armored Core General Discussion Thread

Ice Worm size just dropped

For once Zullie's videos help out with an accurate calc (Jk I love her videos but I'm still a little salty that her Erdtree-size video doesn't really help with getting the energy needed to burn it lol.)

For once Zullie's videos help out with an accurate calc (Jk I love her videos but I'm still a little salty that her Erdtree-size video doesn't really help with getting the energy needed to burn it lol.)
It wouldn't be anywhere near enough to be greater than what we currently have

However the frenzied flame ending seemingly vaporizes a large portion of the tree in a very short timeframe which may yield something

It wouldn't be anywhere near enough to be greater than what we currently have

However the frenzied flame ending seemingly vaporizes a large portion of the tree in a very short timeframe which may yield something
Yeah, it wouldn't be much of anything, but I still wanted to try it out lol. Also the frenzied flame ending is probably a lot more, considering the implications that it melts away the lands between as well.

Finished it up since it's just a lot of back tracking through previous methods but just with the new length

Did this real quick as well. Feel free to edit this as you all wish since frankly, I'm much better at calcs than I am profiles lol.

Damn, more High 7-C proof

Though I do think C4 should downscale from this since from every build I've seen it 2 shots you

Also it should be noted "Far Higher with shields" on it's durability since in can stonewall any and all attacks on it unless it's shields are taken down

Even the Railgun couldn't pierce both shields

Speaking of that, I need to get to calcing that

So random thought, how do we feel about scaling 621 off of the Ibis series? The Cell-240 that we fight seems to be the cause of the fires, and we know for a fact that it takes a good amount of energy to start the fires since Carla and Walter needed to use the Xylem crashing into the vascular plant as a start for them.

Am I missing something?

What reason do we have to assume Cell-240 caused the fires?
I think it's implied off of the naming convention. When Raven caused the Fires, it's called the Fires of Raven. When it comes to Ibis, Walter describes Cell-240 as being a part of the "Ibis" series. Not only do they share the same name as the Fires of Ibis, but Walter says that they were responsible for maintaining and stopping Coral outbreaks most likely by causing the fires in the first place.

Am I missing something?

What reason do we have to assume Cell-240 caused the fires?
I think it's implied off of the naming convention. When Raven caused the Fires, it's called the Fires of Raven. When it comes to Ibis, Walter describes Cell-240 as being a part of the "Ibis" series. Not only do they share the same name as the Fires of Ibis, but Walter says that they were responsible for maintaining and stopping Coral outbreaks most likely by causing the fires in the first place.
Good question as we actually dont know what cause the Fire of Ibis and as such although using the naming convention is using a theory to what actually caused the Fire of Ibis anyway and not a lot of details are known.

Good question as we actually dont know what cause the Fire of Ibis and as such although using the naming convention is using a theory to what actually caused the Fire of Ibis anyway and not a lot of details are known.
Fair. It's just heavily implied based on what I mentioned before, along with the fact that we find the Ibis series in institute city at the epicenter of where the Fires happened.

Fair. It's just heavily implied based on what I mentioned before, along with the fact that we find the Ibis series in institute city at the epicenter of where the Fires happened.
It could been a coincidence or maybe not. In the case of the first ending with the Fire of Raven, it is not even directly caused by Raven as we know it was a chain reaction event that basically allows it to happen and obviously not under the power of Raven (MC) themselves.

It could been a coincidence or maybe not. In the case of the first ending with the Fire of Raven, it is not even directly caused by Raven as we know it was a chain reaction event that basically allows it to happen and obviously not under the power of Raven (MC) themselves.
True, but the Ibis series is quite literally built to do what Raven and Carla did in the Fires of Raven ending. When it comes to Raven it makes sense since he put everything in motion to cause the fires, and the same goes for the Ibis series. The difference is that the Ibis series has direct control of the Coral and is most likely bonded with it somehow, and thus was most likely able to cause the Fires on their own, unlike Raven who needed the Xylem.

TLDR, there's a lot that points to the Ibis series being the ones who caused the Fires whether it be by name, their role in the story, their location, and their connection to the Coral.

So random thought, how do we feel about scaling 621 off of the Ibis series? The Cell-240 that we fight seems to be the cause of the fires, and we know for a fact that it takes a good amount of energy to start the fires since Carla and Walter needed to use the Xylem crashing into the vascular plant as a start for them.
Eh. Too unknown to reliably say that the IB-series would definitively scale to the Fires itself, given that we know little as to how the First Fire started in the first place. It could have been a result from a chain reaction, rather than from a direct output of energy for all we know.

Also, I'm more inclined to believe that CEL-240 wasn't the only Ibis model deployed, since Walter mentions the existence of multiple during the fight (and that we collect IB-series parts during Ch4). As such I interpret it as more of the Institute sending out the IB-Series to stop the Coral disaster, resulting in most of them being wiped out from the Fires and with CEL-240 being one of the few survivors, rather than CEL-240 being the singular cause.

Last edited:
Eh. Too unknown to reliably say that the IB-series would definitively scale to the Fires itself, given that we know little as to how the First Fire started in the first place. It could have been a result from a chain reaction, rather than from a direct output of energy for all we know.

Also, I'm more inclined to believe that CEL-240 wasn't the only Ibis model deployed, since Walter mentions the existence of multiple during the fight (and that we collect IB-series parts during Ch4). As such I interpret it as more of the Institute sending out the IB-Series to stop the Coral disaster, resulting in most of them being wiped out from the Fires and with CEL-240 being one of the few survivors, rather than CEL-240 being the singular cause.
I agreed as it is unlikely that the fire of Ibis is caused by a singular cause and there is also the fact it does involve Coral. We know Coral was involved in the Fire of Ibis and it definitely need a series of event to trigger a explosion like that.

While the fires themselves are mostly a chain reaction, I would say that if we were to scale Cell-240 to the fires then we could use something like the KE of the Xylem for what kind of energy output they would have needed to start the fires.

What implied was it was a chain reaction that caused the fires

Some audio logs in the caves for a certain mission even mention an energy buildup

So since we don't know what caused the reaction we cant assume a Xylem crash to be the minimum needed to do it

What implied was it was a chain reaction that caused the fires

Some audio logs in the caves for a certain mission even mention an energy buildup

So since we don't know what caused the reaction we cant assume a Xylem crash to be the minimum needed to do it
I'm good with that, sorry if I came off sounding like I was trying to make 621 scale to the full fires.

Tier-4 621 when tho?

The whole scorching the stars part of the fires seems like hyperbole

It seems more likely their using the phrase "Scorched the stars" to mean reached into space, not that it literally destroyed stars

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's only been stated that the affected Solar System was just burned on the surface, not destroyed, especially since Rubicon was still intact after 50 years since the first fires.

The whole scorching the stars part of the fires seems like hyperbole

It seems more likely their using the phrase "Scorched the stars" to mean reached into space, not that it literally destroyed stars
Yeah it definitely doesn't destroy the solar system, but scorching multiple nearby planets and stars is still somewhat in the celestial range I'd argue.

Other than one other potential AP feat and debatable Coral scaling I think we have AP down for the verse as a whole

We should work on speed and LS now

Dale which do you want to do? I feel if we split this between us we'll get it done faster

Me personally I'm better with speed calcs but I'm fine with whatever

Other than one other potential AP feat and debatable Coral scaling I think we have AP down for the verse as a whole

We should work on speed and LS now

Dale which do you want to do? I feel if we split this between us we'll get it done faster

Me personally I'm better with speed calcs but I'm fine with whatever
Either or is fine, I mean via sheer size and the ability to support their own weight ACs virtue of sheer size are Class 5 to Class K

I'm not for certain of any other LS feats

Back