• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armored Core General Discussion Thread

I can't do calcs for the time being I just moved yesterday and had a super busy last two days.

My internet modem won't be in until tuesday

why gundam are tier 10 in vs wiki ? outdated info ?
Because of a certain Gundam anime plus it is not from the Universal Century. It is from a different disconnected Gundam series that is Gundam Build Fight series and its sequel.

I should know since I happened to watch those two series.

Also the verse is heavily outdated at this point

So do you guys think AC series has better AP feats than Gundam ?
I'm not really familiar with Gundam beyond 0079 and Build but to my knowledge the highest-level AP feat in the franchise is slicing a moon-sized battleship in two and some Gundams can get absolutely absurd with hax. Comparatively the highest tier thing I can think of with AC6 so far is the Fires of Ibis which is stated to have engulfed the solar system, engulfing it in 'flames and storms' by burning planets and multiple stars from Rubicon's surface.

Whether or not ACs can scale to the Fires of Ibis hasn't been discussed yet but I doubt it. The best I can point to so far is
the Ibis series unit which wields Coral, is controlled by the Coral and was capable of using ambient Coral as power, also things like ACs being able to use Coral generators and Coral-powered weapons. But that would be just a fraction of the Fires of Ibis at best.

Finished NG+. Really enjoyed playing the missions I missed as well as seeing the other ending. Might take a little break before starting NG++ for the third ending.

I'm not really familiar with Gundam beyond 0079 and Build but to my knowledge the highest-level AP feat in the franchise is slicing a moon-sized battleship in two and some Gundams can get absolutely absurd with hax. Comparatively the highest tier thing I can think of with AC6 so far is the Fires of Ibis which is stated to have engulfed the solar system, engulfing it in 'flames and storms' by burning planets and multiple stars from Rubicon's surface.

Whether or not ACs can scale to the Fires of Ibis hasn't been discussed yet but I doubt it. The best I can point to so far is
the Ibis series unit which wields Coral, is controlled by the Coral and was capable of using ambient Coral as power, also things like ACs being able to use Coral generators and Coral-powered weapons. But that would be just a fraction of the Fires of Ibis at best.
Well there is an ending that could support that scaling I believe in which case it'd be at least 4-C

So how far is everyone in the game? Almost done NG+ and really liking the new missions given this time around.
Just about to start chapter 4, the missions without checkpoints are ****** me rn

Also Gundam has alot of tier 7-6 stuff from what I remember with some Tier 5 and 4 sprinkled in due to Black holes if I remember correctly

Haven't seen anything yet in AC6 that would get that high

Haven't seen anything yet in AC6 that would get that high
Fires of Ibis destroyed stars and shit in AC6 so far we haven't really discussed anything scaling to it yet but there should be discussion once more of us are done and get other endings

Still at Chapter 4 but the game's been smooth sailing so far. Once I get to NG+ I'll be getting all of the Coral shit.

Well there is an ending that could support that scaling I believe in which case it'd be at least 4-C
AC could be the third Fromsoft series that scales to Star-level. Between Elden Ring, Dark Souls and Armored Core I'm starting to think Fromsoft has some sort of fixation with stars.

Finally finished NG, went for Liberator of Rubicon as my first route. Excellent ending, really liked the entire cast of characters.

As for VS Wiki stuff:
Your reward for Liberator of Rubicon is Walter's AC parts, and the description states it is the final Ibis series craft and the only piloted one. Given it was made after the Ibis boss it would presumably scale above it in terms of overall stats. And your AC directly scales to this for defeating Walter. Granted, a piloted Ibis might not move as fast for the pilot's sake.

In regards to other potential scaling, the second BALTEUS boss, Snail, has Rusty remark that it's the fastest thing he's ever seen. That would scale Snail's speed above anything else a veteran AC pilot would have seen. There is high wank potential there if you believe Rusty is including spacecraft in his claim.

As for limits, the final boss takes place on the falling Xylem (A flying city capable of traveling into outer space) and Ayre panics over 621 and Walter fighting outside when it's about to enter the atmosphere and tells 621 to get to safety after the fight. This all confirms ACs cannot protect pilots from the heat of atmospheric entry.

Heyo! I know I haven’t done much in this forum so far but I thought I’d just pop in to share some thoughts. I’ve been looking at the lore so far, and I think I have a general concept for how the power progression in the story goes.

Early Game - Tier 8 off of @Dalesean027 ’s work (appreciate it man)

Mid Game - Tier 7 off of the Ice Worm (while the calc for it isn’t finished, I estimate that it’ll be somewhere in the tier 7 range)

Late Game - I don’t have an idea for a tier yet, but I assume is that 621 can scale off of the Ibis series which are directly responsible for the original fires of Ibis. Specifically, the Ibis series was able to ignite all of the coral similar to what Karla attempts to do with the Xylem. Maybe if we calculate the energy the Xylem used to ignite the coral we could apply that to the Ibis series? There may also be scaling off of 621 being able to fight both Ayre and Walter, but that remains to be seen.

End Game - The highest character would most likely be All Mind, considering 621 got support from Ayre in the fight. Outside of that there isn’t much new unless we can scale characters to the full power of coral. It may be possible since the Ibis series and seemingly Ayre can use it to it’s full potential, but I’m still unsure. Outside of that, the only other thing is that 621 survives getting eaten by what is basically a black hole.

Overall I’m just spitballing ideas until we can concretely pin down lore

Early Game - Tier 8 off of @Dalesean027 ’s work (appreciate it man)

Mid Game - Tier 7 off of the Ice Worm (while the calc for it isn’t finished, I estimate that it’ll be somewhere in the tier 7 range)
Speaking of
low 7-C Ice Worm, also we still have shmeaty's calc here
it seems low 7-C mid game is consistent

How does everyone feel about using the Arena rankings to qualify the Tiers of certain Cores?

It seems pretty explicate that their meant to be taken as a general ranking of power based on you fighting higher and higher in-universe ranking individuals as you rank up in tier

The only problem would be deciding what tier we decide to give each rank

Speaking of tiers

Are we sure there's even really power progression?

A start of game core has similar armor points to late game cores (Granted I'm still not finished with chapter 4) and the entire game is just C4 gaining reputation based on his skill and not so much him getting stronger

How does everyone feel about using the Arena rankings to qualify the Tiers of certain Cores?

It seems pretty explicate that their meant to be taken as a general ranking of power based on you fighting higher and higher in-universe ranking individuals as you rank up in tier

This is fine
Speaking of tiers

A start of game core has similar armor points to late game cores (Granted I'm still not finished with chapter 4) and the entire game is just C4 gaining reputation based on his skill and not so much him getting stronger
There is definite skill progression and some minor strength progression that's noted im pretty sure

I mean I guess it could work, but I don’t think it would be accurate for everyone. For example fighting Carla she hacks into the system to say it’s kinda creepy for Allmind to go around ranking strangers, before saying that they can have this “old data” of her. Which kinda implies that some of the simulation data on fighters could be outdated.

Or that they might have different stuff outfited.
For example, the Fires of Raven ending has you fighting Rusty who’s piloting a new AC.

That can be used but it needs some scrutiny. Carla makes it pretty clear the rankings aren't updated as her ranking is old and I believe Rusty is only B-rank but ingame he's consistently stated to be on a similar level to 621 and even claims only 621 surpasses him.

For tiering, we know Snail is Rank 6 but later on
he gets upgraded into the completed BALTEUS, which is considered far beyond his previous capabilities
so we know endgame opponents are way beyond the level of A-tier ACs.
Speaking of tiers

Yes, I would argue there is some form of power progression. You gain new power generators over the course of the game, including ones powered by Coral which seems to be explicitly the greatest form of power in AC6's universe. Newer parts are also superior to older parts, descriptions refer to them being 'newer generation' and 'more refined' and even the parts from Loghunt state they were made without taking human safety into consideration.

The only issue I have is
whether or not 621 having access to Walter's Ibis series parts could be considered canonical. I think it's fine to use as a 'What-If' key for him since it's usable ingame and 621 does scale to defeating Walter and Ibis but the Ibis series should be superior to most other ACs

------------

Oh also, this is just fan theory territory but I was spoiled on something very very interesting.
Apparently Rusty remarks on how 621 changes first in NG+ and then again in NG++ and it's heavily hinted at that 621 is aware of previous routes. Given the final route is ALLMIND and each NG+ starts with Raven being authenticated by ALLMIND I believe there is a real possibility there is some sort of time loop present in the narrative. Possibly being saved for a DLC route.

If I am correct then AC could get some potential hax there if 621 has some sort of future sight via ALLMIND

Last edited:
This is fine

There is definite skill progression and some minor strength progression that's noted im pretty sure
There are some weapons you gain that straight up didn't exist earlier in the story, such as the Stun Needle Launcher used to defeat the Ice Worm. So that, at the very least, is a straight up upgrade obtained via Story. Although I personally think the new parts in the shop over NG and part containers should all be considered canonical. There is even an AC fight over a parts container hidden away in one mission so it's clearly acknowledged in-universe.

Maybe? For standard AC’s it might be fine, but there are feats in the series that say otherwise.

Rusty, who is normally fairly low in the ranking was able to take on and defeat Michigan, who is 2S in the arena if I remember correctly. Not only that, but Rusty claims that there is only one person who can take him on (it’s implied to be 621, although he could be referring to snail who he later on claims is second to none, although this could simply be due to his Balteus modification). Granted, him claiming that only one other AC can beat him comes after he augments his AC, but the fact that he is able to beat Michigan in his base AC says enough in my opinion.

Last edited:
Finished NG++ and that final boss and ending was really something. Feel like that might result in some good hax for some characters as well as higher tiers. Anyway, all that's left is to S rank every mission and I'll have 100% the game. Though I might take a break before doing that.

Might as well. I'd assume 621 would be more or less a composite profile while Cores like Rusty and Carla would only go off their specific ACs and weapons.

Back