• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are we absolutely positively 100% sure Manga Hakai is not EE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was far less explicit in the and it does turn people into dust, though I don't get why there isn't soul destruction with it.

Torlikoff said:
It was far less explicit in the and it does turn people into dust, though I don't get why there isn't soul destruction with it.
I think it had soul destruction.

Other might accepted not because it gave Zamasu godly regen

maybe because the manga and anime are sometimes too diferent? i guess

probaly the hakai wasn't stated to erase people souls like in the anime and then they changed it to at least turn others to dust

i didn't read it so i not sure if theres a scan of berrus erasing a ghost but i remeber that there is a page where bills states his hakai can't kill immortal people and since ghosts, souls and stuff is in a way immortals then maybe due to the lack of feats like that the manga hakai got downgrade

if only they made a arale mini arc then maybe the hakai could be upgrade

I remember on member though it was speculation despite me bring the topic of Zamasu not existing in the afterlife

Nedge1000 said:
I remember on member though it was speculation despite me bring the topic of Zamasu not existing in the afterlife
where it shows that zamasu didn't exist in the afterlife

It's because there is no mention of hakai destroying the soul as well. Beerus says that he can destroy Freeza's soul but it's not clear if he was talking about hakai or not.

I'm gonna be honest, I think it's a bit silly that it's not considered EE. It's unambiguous that the intent was simply to include Beerus's ability in the manga, there is no definition given of the use of energy of destruction that contradicts what was given in the anime, there are simply missing details. Yes, it's super technically unclear whether he was talking about hakai or not with respect to Frieza's soul but given the already established definition, hakai should be assumed to function the same until something directly suggests otherwise and Beerus has shown no other soul destroying abilities in any main continuity DB media. We all assume ki functions the same way it does in other DB media, same goes for specific techniques not named 'hakai'. It doesn't make sense to assume differences simply because there are some clear differences in other parts of the story and a few abilities by other characters.

Welp, Beerus said that he was going to destroy Frieza's soul, however, iirc if someone that is already dead is killed/destroyed then so is its soul, so that do not prove much. We also do not known if Zamasu didn't go to the afterlife, and most likely it wouldn't be brought ever again (not in the manga, and the anime no longer exist).

Yes, killing someone who is already dead in DB will destroy their soul as a consequence. Beerus threatened to 'destroy Frieza's soul so that he would never come back again' ergo destroying the soul is the primary action and not a consequence.

Given that the manga is a direct adaptation of the anime made by a guy who is close with and frequently consults with Toriyama along with the direct threat of soul destruction along with the fact that the difference between DBS anime hakai and manga hakai can honestly be chalked up to preference in visual representation, I'd argue that it's unreasonable to assume significant differences in the functioning of the ability when, again, nothing at all actually contradicts what defines energy of destruction in the DBS anime. Hakai, itself, is very significant in DBS; unless there are serious contradictions, it can be safely assumed to be the same ability for the same reasons that other iconic abilities are.

That it wasn't stated that 'Zamasu didn't go to the afterlife' isn't particularly relevant here?

Manga is not an adaptation of the anime, and that Toriyama works on it do not really say much, the Destruction effect of Hakai could be easily be added by Toei. Not quite opposing, I'm a little indifferent about this.

As for Zamasu, since it wasn't confirmed anything I guess isn't relevant.

Whether or not the manga, in totality, technically counts as an adaptation isn't really crucial to my point. Toyotaro got his outlines from Toriyama, follows the same characters through the same arcs through to the end of the DBS anime; he knew the story Toriyama wanted to be told, the manga's portrayal of arcs invariably came after those arcs had already ended in the anime, and the overarching structure of the story is the same. It carries all the pertinent features of an adaption.

The classification of manga 'hakai' as disintegration entirely comes from the appearance on the panel where Goku uses the technique on Fusion Zamasu. There is no description of the technique suggesting this. The 'hakai' technique is one of the most iconic things in DBS and Toyotaro tends to make his changes with respect to characters' abilities very explicit (see: fusion zamasu, hit). I'd reiterate that 'hakai' is so significant and iconic that given an absence of complete explanation, it should be assumed that the technique operates the same way.

Could it have been added by Toei? Sure, but there's nothing suggesting that

Manga has many things different than anime, many. It's absolutely possible that its hakai is also different. We treat it as its own separate continuity and comparing it to the anime doesn't work.

Although, what happened in RoF and Broly Movie is still canon to the manga, but I do not remember Hakai having EE in those movies (it certainly didn't happen in Broly). Now I have a doubt, now that anime is cancelled and even if it continue it wouldn't make the current arc, will people start creating manga profiles?

The anime will be continuing, we just don't know which arc they'll start with. Let's wait and see. If the current manga arc will not be in the anime then we will most likely have manga profiles for them.

AstralKing7 said:
The anime is cancelled???
Hiatus, finished, cancelled, point is that there's no clue if there's will be a new one, at least not next year.

Perhaps it is time for a profile for Daikaihoshin.

Geekdom and AnimeAjay claim to have talked with various different individuals on the inside and they are sure it will return in 2019 (either April or July).

Ah yeah, the "my uncle works Nintendo" trick, I may have believe that if they guy wouldn't have said that something big was going to be announced in the convention.

By the way, since the manga isn't related to anime and for now we do not remember any instance of manga Hakai being capable to erase someone from existance (the Frieza one is ambiguos since destroying/killing an afterlife soul will result in erasure), shouldn't we remove the power then?

It makes sense for them not announcing it in the Jump Festa because the movie isn't even out yet internationally. They can always announce it later like they did with Super and Kitaro.

Why would we remove the power? Hakai exists in the manga and its difference from the anime is already accounted in the manga profiles. Manga hakai = matter destruction, possibly soul destruction.

I think is more a transmutation/disistegration that straight out destroy matter, but its difference minimal. I guess it could work if it contains the possibly in the Soul Destruction part.

Yeah, it's the same thing. Well, since the question was answered I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back