• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another shot at Yggdrasil (God of War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...
I've been wanting to try something different after my last post:

The Realm Between Realms is described as the space that exists outside/between all the other realms

It seems it's being implied here that Yggdrasil could fit inside a "normal" realm, which in turn would be against claiming it's qualitatively superior to the realms as its infinity can fit within a 4D structure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvI6txVdRd8&t=371s
Therefore, the space of the Realm Between Realms that contains the realms could be something akin to a higher-dimensional plane with an additional axis (The Yggdrasil within the Realm Between Realms is already a higher dimensional structure that transcends spacetime).

As many said before, it's too vague to be particularly notable evidence.

We also know that the Realm Between Realms' existence should also be bound to Yggdrasil just like everything else in all of creation, considering all there was before the realms even existed were Ginnungagap and the primordial forces of ice and fire.

Those are just tier 2 feats, lol.

Edit: Ragnarok was made from the power that Surtr absorbed from Spark of the World, which gave birth the first Realms; this would include the Realm Between Realms, which fits considering Spark of the World exists outside the realms in the place where Muspelheim and Niflheim meet, AKA Ginnungagap, which in RL norse myths is located in the middle of the two, which is also mentioned in the game.

Odin slayed Ymir, a being who came directly from the union of Muspelheim and Niflheim (Ginnungagap/Spark of the World).

Cosmology scaling, good, but that wouldn't translate to the cosmology being tier 1.

Overall I'm against this given that the tree has a blatant anti-feat on being qualitatively superior compared to the realms from what I'm looking (namely the first point in this post), unless someone can explain further or something.

1. It is mentioned once in the whole story
  2. The sentence is built metaphorical
  3. The video shows it is metaphorical and not literal
  4. There is a single scan about this
  5. There is single mention about it and never got supported
  6. Nothing implies after story that this part being a true statement
  7. There is no supporting evidences for this scan
Also, the tree exists psychically but it is described metaphorically to be branching infinite, it definitely can't be used for cosmological purposes.

Wait...

It seems it's being implied here that Yggdrasil could fit inside a "normal" realm, which in turn would be against claiming it's qualitatively superior to the realms as its infinity can fit within a 4D structure.

Realm between Realms is not the same thing as the 9 Realms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvI6txVdRd8&t=371s
As many said before, it's too vague to be particularly notable evidence.
You got ninja'd.

Those are just tier 2 feats, lol.
Yeah not sure why those were used.

Cosmology scaling, good, but that wouldn't translate to the cosmology being tier 1.

Overall I'm against this given that the tree has a blatant anti-feat on being qualitatively superior compared to the realms from what I'm looking (namely the first point in this post), unless someone can explain further or something.
Honestly, the Ragnarok feat and Odin feat I have no clue why they were used for Tier 1 justification to begin with.

1. The video shows it is metaphorical and not literal
The Realm Between Realms is a loading screen for most of the game. Of course, it's gonna be a limited movement area. Unless you mean to argue that the branch is actually circular.
  1. There is a single scan about this
  2. There is single mention about it and never got supported
  3. Nothing implies after story that this part being a true statement
  4. There is no supporting evidences for this scan
Also, the tree exists psychically but it is described metaphorically to be branching infinite, it definitely can't be used for cosmological purposes.
Whatevs to this.

Realm between Realms is not the same thing as the 9 Realms.

Oh, that's not my point, but rather how it was apparently cast off into the Realm between Realms in the first place, implying that it could fit within 4D structures previously to begin with.

One more thing; the "It's a simile" also doesn't make sense. The tree branch exists physically and is "the strange environment" not just something compared to it.
Okay, but it literally is a simile. Regardless of how we interpret the statement, it is objectively a simile.

Okay, but it literally is a simile. Regardless of how we interpret the statement, it is objectively a simile.
There's no comparison being made though, at all.

But honestly, whatever.

Oh, that's not my point, but rather how it was apparently cast off into the Realm between Realms in the first place, implying that it could fit within 4D structures previously to begin with.
What was cast off was the Jotunheim tower. And the Realm is just "bigger than/ surrounds Yggdrasil", it's not actually the same size as any of the established ones.

I see. Either way, Realm Between Realms just happens to be a larger space than Yggdrasil or placed/exists with it but its true nature is unknown other than that it erases you if you stray from the path. Basically, Realm Between Realms has no connection to Tier 1 BS at all.

A structure is being bigger in size than 2-A is low 1-C, not bigger than low 2-C
It doesn't matter if it's from low 2-C,2-C,2-B or 2-A. The important thing is that it is infinitely large according to a 4-dimensional structure/universe. Of course, there can be qualitative transcendence as long as the expression "infinitely greater" is supported by the expression "transcends space and time", that is, "transcends". This verse already contains these statemtents.

It doesn't matter if it's from low 2-C,2-C,2-B or 2-A. The important thing is that it is infinitely large according to a 4-dimensional structure/universe. Of course, there can be qualitative transcendence as long as the expression "infinitely greater" is supported by the expression "transcends space and time", that is, "transcends". This verse already contains these statemtents.
ShivaShakti and Milly already answered Dread on that front, no need to continue further.

Now we just need the relevant staff to comment.

Anyway, as a reminder;

I have no horses in this race but I'll just summarize what we know about Yggdrasil;

• It is stated that its every strand transcends space and time.
  • It holds all of the Nine Realms on its branches and said realms are space-time continuums/planes of existence.
  • It exists in the Realm Between Realms, which exists outside the Nine Realms and is the expanse in which Yggdrasil exists.
  • The branches from the perspective of the Realm Between Realms stretch unto infinity, relative to the World Tree itself.
  • It contains the Ginnungagap, the void from which Ymir sprung and in which he existed. Said being's body eventually became the Nine Realms.
  • Nothing that affects the realms has ever affected the World Tree.

That's the tier relevant information about it. What this amounts to is up to people's evaluation.
@Maverick_Zero_X @Elizhaa @Celestial_Pegasus @Theglassman12 @Emirp sumitpo @Ultima_Reality Do you think this is enough to qualify for Low 1-C, or do you think our standards for Low 1-C should be up for revision instead?

I put my reasons for disagreeing with OP here so if you could take that into account as well that'd be great.

Anyway, I agree with OP. If this revision is accepted, there may also be discussions of 7D with the green slit and higher existence soon.

Aite.

Yeah hahahahahaha no, not gonna happen. Not without further explanations for that rift and Athena. So let's not derail.
why are you so mad. I said it might be in the future.(I'm arguing that the green slit is higher existence. Of course it's a theory.)No need to take it seriously now

why are you so mad. I said it might be in the future.(I'm arguing that the green slit is higher existence. Of course it's a theory.)No need to take it seriously now
I'm not mad tho? Just told you the same thing that you just repeated, but that Athena stuff really was derailing.

When will we have Kratos Immeasurable Speed?. Jokes aside, how are things going here?, How's the voting going?
We're waiting on staff tagged to comment on this. I already said my say. Now Maverick, Glassman, Ultima, Elizhaa, Celestial Pegasus and Emirp remain to evaluate.

Anyways the statement “like it stretches to infinity” in this instance doesn’t qualify as a simile.

A simile is a comparison of one thing to another separate thing usually for the intended purpose of emphasizing and highlighting something with exaggerate language. An example is “Your smile is so great. It’s like it shines as bright as the sun.”

But the statement here is “they opened the mystic gateway into a strange environment. Like a tree branch that stretches out to infinity.”

In this statement it’s not comparing the Tree’s environment to anything more so is it describing the tree branch itself in the environment. Simply a description of the environment they stumbled upon in rather than a comparison towards any other thing in order to emphasize something. Hence why I don’t find this statement to be a simile.

Just to be clear, the requirement to be 5-D is to have a qualitative superiority over a 4-D Space-time, regardless of it being Low 2-C, 2-C, 2-B or 2-A. All of those Tiers are equally 4-D, and the number of 4-D spaces is irrelevant to be 5-D. The Tiering System clearly says this and even uses the Low 2-C Tier as an example for Low 1-C:

"Low 1-C: Low Complex Multiverse level
Characters or objects that can affect, create and/or destroy the entirety of spaces whose size corresponds to one to two higher levels of infinity greater than a standard universal model (Low 2-C structures, in plain English.) In terms of "dimensional" scale, this can be equated to 5 and 6-dimensional real coordinate spaces (R ^ 5 to R ^ 6)"

This is also why having a R>F difference to a 4-D space is always 5-D, regardless of the space being Low 2-C or higher.
In case the qualitative difference is caused by the size of the 5-D structure, than a clear cut statement that the 4-D space is infinitesimal compared to the 5-D space is required since that would be the only way for the higher dimensional space to have a provable additional dimensional axis compared to the 4-D space.
Unfortunately, everyone have a different interpretation of what is Tier 1 and what is not, which causes a lot of confusion in revision like this one.
Anyways, I am neutral for the CRT itself since I am not knowlogeable enough about the verse, but if it's provable that the Yggdrasil is infinite in size compared to the single Low 2-C structures than I guess it is fine.
I think in the OP this relationship is about realms between realms and realms, not Yggdrasil and realms. Yggdrasil covers all of these.

Anyways the statement “like it stretches to infinity” in this instance doesn’t qualify as a simile.

A simile is a comparison of one thing to another separate thing usually for the intended purpose of emphasizing and highlighting something with exaggerate language. An example is “Your smile is so great. It’s like it shines as bright as the sun.”

But the statement here is “they opened the mystic gateway into a strange environment. Like a tree branch that stretches out to infinity.”

In this statement it’s not comparing the Tree’s environment to anything more so is it describing the tree branch itself in the environment. Simply a description of the environment they stumbled upon in rather than a comparison towards any other thing in order to emphasize something. Hence why I don’t find this statement to be a simile.
This is completely false and I will reply it when I am in the student home

1. The sentence is built metaphorical
  2. The video shows it is metaphorical and not literal
As Planck literally showed and told you, the Realm Between Realms is literally a loading screen for most of the game.

1. There is a single scan about this
  2. There is single mention about it and never got supported
  3. Nothing implies after story that this part being a true statement
  4. There is no supporting evidences for this scan
We already went through with why none of these arguments make sense but I'm not here to convert you so whatever.

This is just so horrendously wrong, I just can't. I really can't.

The Tree is not a psychical object, it's literally Yggdrasil itself. The same ******* Yggdrasil that Kratos, Atreus and Mimir jump off of with the Unity Stone in hand. The same Yggdrasil that encompasses the 9 Realms within its branches. How the hell you can't understand this and the context is frankly put, beyond me. No way in hell can this be metaphorical in any sense of the word after everything that the trio go through to get to the Jotunheim tower. This is one idea I am frankly not going to entertain in any sense of the word whatsoever.

The Tree's branches stretching out to infinity definitely ain't a metaphor.

Didn't Cory Barlog like a tweet from a guy expressing shock at that part from the novel, basically confirming it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back