• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Annoying dog and asriel downgrade

Hmm, I would indeed agree that Asriel should be downgraded. It seems you had the same point as me. But I would think that Asriel would just be at least Low 2-C, since being infinitely stronger than someone who has the power to create a universe (Save State) one at a time, aka Omega Flowey, does not mean you would be necessarily 2-C. You are only 2-C if you make multiple universes instantly at the same time. So, I would agree with everything here.

I haven't had the time to read much of this thread, but speaking of the first post, I am uncertain about downgrading Asriel from 2-A.

Multiples of Low 2-C are frowned upon, due to that we cannot quantify breaching the 5-D distance between universes, but at 2-C and above, that distance has already been breached, so I personally think that infinity x 2-C should probably warrant 2-A, but I am not certain.

I mean, if you think about it, Universe Level+ usually means an infinite universe containing time and space with no end, and if you multiply that by infinity, its still that. It is impossible to say that would even be Multiverse+, because it is just one universe of infinity, and multiplying it will just give you the same rating. As this relates to here, Omega Flowey would just be Low 2-C because he can only create one save state at a time, aka a universe at a time. This would also mean Asriel would be Low 2-C as well, but just as base. He could still be 2-C to possibly 2-B, otherwise Unknown, via Angel of Death, as its his full power that was hidden, but to an unknown extent. I mean, this can be like a similar treatment of power like Master Hand.

@Psycho Ant is talking about 2-C/2-Bs not low 2-C s

It's like if low 2-C is 1

2-C is A

2-A is infinity x A

Then infinite times low 2-C would be infinity and not 2-A but infinite times 2-C would be infinity x A that is 2-A. Tho this is just a reasoning for why a 2-A jump can make sense, but under our sites current standards they are still disallowed.

I thought that we only forbid multiples of Low 2-C according to our current standards?

Well the thread is kinda old so I can't check, but Asriel was definitely mentioned in the thread as an example of who would get downgraded. So I guess the conclusion was for 2-Cs and 2-Bs to be treated the same way, how justified including these tiers was, I can't tell.

i don't belive in infinite 2-C = 2-A because:

if the distance was infinite, gettting infinitly stronger would only let you destroy all the way to the next universe, but not the universe itself, thus you would need to get infinite x infinite stronegr to become 2-A

if it was finite, then 2-A but we don't know about that

Correction: It was quoted to me in another thread that my memory was incorrect regarding our standards for multiples of 2-C and 2-B.

I currently do not agree with them though.

Distances in between universes are unquantifiable, and a single space-time continuum could be infinite in size but that would only be Low 2-C, which is why an infinite multiplier in tier 2 doesn't give 2-A.

Yes, but 2-C and 2-B have already breached that distance.

I wrote a lengthy message regarding this and many tier 2 stuff on ultimas wall. Hopefully it will be useful for future purposes. But regardless of this. Asriel is not infinitely above flowey. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1605036

To quote azathoth "The way I see it, it's more likely that he's just so far beyond everyone else that his power appears infinite in comparison. Omega Flowey treated that form as incomplete, while referring to his revived Asriel for as "God", so it's clearly an absolutely massive power difference between the two. We just don't know if it's actually infinite. Because of this, I believe something along the lines of "At least 2-B" would be safest for full power Asriel, as said tier could also be justified with a quick comparison to his incomplete form."

This is the reason for his accepted downgrade. Being massively superior to someone 2-C is still not 2-B. So regardless, asriel should have 2-C added to his profile.

Well, given that we still use that standard, I suppose that seems to make sense.

What do you think AKM?

Like I said in the previous thread, it makes sense according to our current standards.

Flowey is rated as "At least 2-C, likely 2-B".

Asriel's justification for his "2-B" rating is that he dwarfs flowey in power by an infinite amount (which according to Azzy can also mean "an absolutely massive power difference"), but accoring to our current standards it should be "At least 2-C, likely 2-B" or "At least 2-C, likely 2-B, possibly higher".

See Bobobo-bo_Bo-bobo_(Character) for example. He is also rated as "At least 2-C" for being infinitely more powerful than "2-C".

Alright then. I will probably have to start a revision thread about this subject eventually though.

You can probably go through the previous thread, perhaps it might answer some of your questions. You had doubts then too.

wasn't acausality type 5 supposed to be yeeted ?

i'm bringing this up because people are still using it in vs debates when it's not supposed to be there in the first place

@Zencha Why tho? Isn't that already established to be a thing in fiction and what's the reason why its being removed anyway?

elaborate because i've played undertale and the whole fiction thing doesn't make sense to me

@Zencha I thought you meant that they are removing Type 5 Acausality from the Acausality page in general, not from Annoying Dog.

In that case, I'm fine with them removing that from his page since it lacks context.

Back