• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Asriel Nerf CRT

Asriel saying he destroyed the timeline with the HyperGoner could've been a hyperbole or a figure of speech
  • Asriel the final boss of Undertale destroys the timeline with the Hypergoner during his fight. This gave certain characters Immeasurable speed and supported Asriel being 2-B.​
  • The problem? This.
  • Yeah.... Napstablook didn't get absorbed implying he was actually conscious during the fight and there is nothing to suggest the timeline got nuked or something from Napstablook.​

What could this mean?
If this is actually true and Asriel never destroyed the timeline and it was simply just a hyperbole then this could be a removal of Immeasurable speed and a part of Asriel's 2-B rating. "The world is ending" could also be a hyperbole or a figure of speech from the narrator because Napstablook also never said anything about the world ending.​

completely disagree, the whole scene seems to be played out like a gag and asriel's 2-B is not reliant on the hypergone, the narration and asriel's statement takes precedence over napstablook being completely unaware of anything that was happening, as he says, he closed the blinds after the same light that made the snails disappear wanted to come in, so he wasn't looking outside to see if the world was ending.

also, as toriel says that "there was a flower, then everything went white" and that they don't remember what happened afterwards, and this was the moment asriel absorbed everyone's souls, so napstablook probably didn't remember things right, or again, it was a gag, or again, he was not absorbed but he wasn't looking outside so he is not a reliable narrator

the world ending was a slow process done by asriel's presence, for all we know, it just didn't reach napstablook until frisk defeated asriel

completely disagree, the whole scene seems to be played out like a gag and asriel's 2-B is not reliant on the hypergone, the narration and asriel's statement takes precedence over napstablook being completely unaware of anything that was happening, as he says, he closed the blinds after the same light that made the snails disappear wanted to come in, so he wasn't looking outside to see if the world was ending.

also, as toriel says that "there was a flower, then everything went white" and that they don't remember what happened afterwards, and this was the moment asriel absorbed everyone's souls, so napstablook probably didn't remember things right, or again, it was a gag, or again, he was not absorbed but he wasn't looking outside so he is not a reliable narrator

the world ending was a slow process done by asriel's presence, for all we know, it just didn't reach napstablook until frisk defeated asriel
Also, the game developers explicitly stated that Asriel got enough power to "destroy everyone and everything for good.".

completely disagree, the whole scene seems to be played out like a gag
it was a gag
You saying this feels like your just brushing my point away to easily, especially since Napstablook is the only character that didn't get absorbed and was presumably conscious the entire time.

he closed the blinds after the same light that made the snails disappear wanted to come in, so he wasn't looking outside to see if the world was ending.
he was not absorbed but he wasn't looking outside so he is not a reliable narrator
Ok, and why would blinds make you oblivious to the entire world ******* ending? What kind of argument is this?
also, as toriel says that "there was a flower, then everything went white" and that they don't remember what happened afterwards, and this was the moment asriel absorbed everyone's souls, so napstablook probably didn't remember things right,
This point becomes moot because Napstablook didn't get absorbed or he didn't say anything about things going white and there is nothing to suggest he didn't forget anything.
This proves my point if anything that it was a hyperbole, the world clearly isn't ending if it didn't reach Napstablook who is like 2 areas away.

asriel's 2-B is not reliant on the hypergone,

Why is he 2-B then? Because the points on his page don't much sense to me

I think it's currently accepted that Asriel destroyed the timeline, brought it back with LOAD, destroyed the barrier and releashed everyone

Disagree completely as well.

Napstablook legit had no memory about what happened like everyone else, and Asriel's 2-B does not come from just that but from him being implied to be at least on the same level as Chara who can do a TRUE RESET just like him.

The Hyper Goner stuff is just a supportive evidence.

damn, I said this as a joke earlier and now it's here? that's actually insane.
I hard disagree for the same reasons as Strym love you lil bro

I think it's currently accepted that Asriel destroyed the timeline, brought it back with LOAD, destroyed the barrier and releashed everyone
The Hyper Goner stuff is just a supportive evidence.
So completely ignore my point then.

Like only one persona has actually made arguments against my point.

Napstablook legit had no memory about what happened like everyone else,
And there is no evidence AFAIK.

Asriel's 2-B does not come from just that but from him being implied to be at least on the same level as Chara who can do a TRUE RESET just like him.
Except Resets/True Resets are a blatant hax/meta thing instead of actual AP, and it contributing to AP causes so many scaling issues in UT.

I'm fairly certain the Napstablook thing is PIS because its made VERY clear that shit happened. Asriel's dialogue after using the Hyper Goner makes it pretty clear that he did in fact purge the timeline

Moreover, Napstablook explicity does NOT remember what happened

Except Resets/True Resets are a blatant hax/meta thing instead of actual AP, and it contributing to AP causes so many scaling issues in UT.
TRUE RESET ain't the main thing though. It's used to measure the amount of DT of the character which determines their power level
Do you have any evidence to support that?
Nope, It's what's currently accepted tho

Back