• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if Aqua doesn't have enough time to off Ainz, even assuming death hax is "Evil" and as such wouldn't work, he still has a whole host of hax "Normal" type spells that'd work wonders.

Black Hole?

Hellflame?

Those ring a bell?

How is a "Evil" hax classified? For example, Vanir's vision is useless in Aqua due to her goddess status … but idk

Galens said:
How is a "Evil" hax classified? For example, Vanir's vision is useless in Aqua due to her goddess status … but idk
I keep saying it but thats fine.

There is an aditional element in Konosuba called Curse, its seperate from the Dark element. Thats what is classified as evil. I suppose its like the Curse element from Middle Earth: Shadow of War.

Nothing similar exists in Overlord. A "good" person with the right skills/spells would be able to use Necromancy or Death Magic and it certainly wouldn't be "Evil". Perhaps the only thing it MAYBE could protect Aqua from are from spells/skills that require Evil Alignment, but Death Magic like Grasp Heart or Time Magic Like Time Stop certainly is not Evil aligned.

There are spells like Uriel that require high positive Karma to cast so I assume there are spells that require negative Karma to cast. None of the spells Ainz regularly cast require negative karma/evil alignment though.

Aquas resistance to evil spells is useless here.

I still have my doubts, I'll wait to see what others say

We'll have to wait for the "Isekai Quartet" to see Ainz and Kazuma

Galens said:
I still have my doubts, I'll wait to see what others say
We'll have to wait for the "Isekai Quartet" to see Ainz and Kazuma
Quartet is obviously not going to be canon and doesn't represent anything unless all feats were allowed.

It won't have any effect on this.

I know it's not a canon, but it will be fun to see them share a screen, surely they will go for a more comical route.

It might be non-canon to any of the original stories, but could be considered its own canon...which takes place seperate from the other series....in the same way as Super Smash Brothers or other Fighting game crossover characters or something.

But because it's a comedy chibi series that's very unlikely, unless it becomes successful enough to become its own canon with a real story.

I think Ainz death spell is affected by target's stat? Not sure though, have to read vol.1 again. But if it is, Aqua with max stat would be able to resist it.

LuciusAterna said:
I think Ainz death spell is affected by target's stat? Not sure though, have to read vol.1 again. But if it is, Aqua with max stat would be able to resist it.
No. It has never been shown to, either you resist Death Manipulation or you don't. The floor guardians resist instant death spells because they can resist it due to gear and/or racial resistances. Even Platinum dragon lord would not be able to live a single grasp heart without resistance to it. As far as we know, stats have zero baring on his death spells.

And even with resistance to it, he can bypass all immunites/resistances with the goal of all life is death, with the only known counter being able to revive after the target dies.

It even basically says this in his profile

Can ignore conventional durability in many ways.

Ainz' death spells are based on chance and do get affected by the level of the target as the higher it is the lower the probability of the spell succeeding.

AnonymousBlank said:
Ainz' death spells are based on chance and do get affected by the level of the target as the higher it is the lower the probability of the spell succeeding.
That was when it was a game, its not a game anymore.

Certain spells have changed, like Wish Upon a Star.

From specifc wishes that changed, to being able to wish for anything as long as it didn't conflict with world items.

AnonymousBlank said:
Go tell that to people needing XP and still having levels. No matter how you cut it, aspects of the game are still in play.
You are completely misunderstanding what I am saying.

Levels exist, which I never said otherwise.

Some Spell effects have changed slightly

Also, not even Ainz can tell the exact level of a being, with even Aura being able to only guess with creatures. Something that you could easily tell when it was game has become as far as we know impossible now.

Also even if this was true what does this even prove?

They are from two different games, with stats being able to be wildy different in the two games.

They are not even comparable. Is anyone going to try to prove that X amount of strength in konosuba is better than X amount of strength in Overlord?

This is why its best to just assume if someone doesn't have resistances to something, they won't resist it. And in Aquas case, she has zero resistances to death manipulation, not even a Regenerationn or imortallity type to help survive it.

Also there is a chance this whole discussion will be pointless since the fallen down calculation is likely incorrect and is being recalculated, probably going to upgrade Overlord either back to its original 6-C or slightly higher. So I am going to unfollow this for the time being.

I have this question in my mind for a while now. Where does the fight took place? If it's New York (SBA assumptions) wouldn't Ainz don't know who Aqua is among all the people in New York? Well, Aqua hair and outfit stand out and she's not intelligence enough to blend in but being able to detect Ainz(undead) first from 4 km away be a massive advantage to her? It's kind of hard to tell. Ainz might hide and observe the world first. It's in character for him to be cautious after getting transport to another world and if he find Aqua first, she's done. I think the fight will be about if Ainz can reacted fast enough and employ his divination magic then found Aqua before Aqua speed rush the 4 km to him (she get bloodlusted with undead) unless Aqua open with 4 km turn undead. Further discussion should be made on if Ainz can counter turn undead.

"Aqua hair and outfit stand out and she's not intelligence enough to blend in but being able to detect Ainz(undead) first from 4 km away be a massive advantage to her?"

Aqua will flat out not be able to detect Ainz due to one of his rings.

"Ring that protects the user from detection by all kinds of divination-type magic. This may also be the ring that prevents the detection of magical aura and user status, i.e. being undead."

She will not be able to detect he's an undead.

"Ainz can reacted fast enough and employ his divination magic then found Aqua before Aqua speed rush the 4 km to him (she get bloodlusted with undead) "

No, she doesn't get bloodlusted with undead. If she was bloodlusted with Undead, Kazuma would've never been able to defend Succubus girl.

"Further discussion should be made on if Ainz can counter turn undead."

"

• Turn Undead: A spell that, when cast upon, can purify the undead.
  • Sacred Turn Undead: A more powerful version of Turn Undead, which, when cast upon, can release a powerful spell that can purify even a lich. In preparation for the spell, Aqua has to draw a detailed magical circle beforehand.
"

Turn Undead has displayed a harsh limit on beings it can purify, with people like the Dullahan being immune to regular Turn Undead (And has been really only been useful on fodders).

Due to the fact that it's useless against fodders and the like, I'm inclined to say "High Tier Magic Immunity III: Nullifies all low tier spells." would be a great counter to Turn Undead.

I see. I think Ainz wins this then. The chance are close to zero for Aqua... Ainz even got the first strike on and have time to plan.

How do I vote for it?

I just came back from SBA discussion thread. Turns out that each other know the starting location of other by default. Now Ainz has even more chance. He can start observe Aqua with his divination magic immediate while Aqua is in the dark.

Can Aqua even be put down for good? Death should theoretically just return her to her status as a goddess in the afterlife.

She also forgets to put any real effort into killing the Demon King and just grows comfortable being a goof. Getting killed by Ainz is more likeliy to anger her to boiling point and forcing herself back up, if she hypothetically could.

Speed unequal? You know that Aqua blitz, right? And at strongest? She just said after killing Ainz before resurrecting "Hey, I'm giving you new life, buckle up." And give him new life as a baby and resurrection won't work because Aqua couldn't do it Kazuma if he agreed to it.

@Reinhardthrowhisspear

That has already been discussed. They start kilometers apart due to SBA, and Ainz can teleport, stop time, or kill her instantly with death spells. Also, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be able to do that last part since she no longer has authority over dead people, and resurrection in Overlord works almost instantly.

He can't if the gate that prevents resurrection won't open. Aqua has kilometres of range and has FTL attack speed. MHS+ characters can cross kilometres in short period of time. Strongest Aqua is Goddess Aqua. She can and she will.

@Reinhardthrowhisspear Kilometers apart means speed of thought wins.

Ainz still wins via grasp heart or time stop.

Not to mention Ainz is 6-C again now. Meaning she won't even nearly one shot him. Its a stomp now. This should be closed.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
Oh, he's 6-C again. I guess that 6-C calc isn't environmental destruction anymore?
There was a pretty huge revision of Overlord, it was accepted that, that specific feat has no real reason to not be applicable to his other high tier spells. Considering Evileye can already destroy an entire city and Platinum Dragon Lord, who is weaker than the guardians, can destroy a country, although it was settled for atleast Island tier for now. And a plethora of other things.

Here if you wanna check it out.

Not really a stomp. Ainz will die if he just standing still without doing anything. If both characters have some chance to win no matter how small it is, it shouldn't be a stomp.

In this case, it's an advantageous environment that let Ainz wins. If the fight took place in the middle of an ocean with both character touching each other as a start location Aqua will probably wins.

TheOneBelowAll123 said:
This is a stomp, Aqua is MSH with FTL reactions while Ainz is just supersonic+.
This and ShiryashaGinSan's replies are ignoring the fact that it's hilariously OOC for Aqua to run up to someone and kill them immediately. She is going to have no way to realize that Ainz is a skeleton until he's actually in plain view; Ainz has rings to prevent detection such as "Detect Undead", so she'd be unable to see that he's an undead from far away and as such, will not start out as "I must exorcise this Undead!" like she does normally.

If she takes even a few moments to pause, Ainz will detect her level (She has more sheer strength than him, and therefore is a theat) and will Timestop + True Death.

Uuhh, no? She punched an innocent ghost in vol 9 just because she felt like it, and kill every single one who stand in her way just because she can. She's asshole than you think she is. The only reason she kept succubus roaming around in Accel is because of Kazuma not giving her any money if she did it. If Kazuma didn't interfere she erased them all.

Also she has FTL talking and whining and in character to just purifies in random direction. It's also FTL. She can do 1000 things and Ainz ain't even blinking yet. Oh, and it's Kilometers AoE. Even weaker spells affected Maxwell who is in kilometres away.

Hilariously OOC? For Aqua to try and kill one of the undead?

Akreious, are you sure you even know what are you talking about?

Wait no, not even against undead. Against someone that's antagonistic to her. Aqua, like Shiro said, is way more of an asshole and trigger happy than you might realize.

Akreious isn't arguing that Aqua doesn't act that way towards undead, they're saying that Aqua wouldn't realize that Ainz is undead until she actually sees him. He has a ring that nullifies detection spells and skills, and that includes undead detection. Therefore, Ainz would act first before she has a chance to stomp him.

That's still severely downplaying how much of an asshole she is, or the immense speed disadvantage. Unless he has his Mask or any other illusion up at the start, is as easy as her getting close and giving his face a look.

She's an asshole, but she's still very lax. Also, remember, all Ainz has to do is cast a single spell to win. At worst, this is inconclusive in my opinion.

Not really. She's trigger happy, she'll just use AoE omnidirectional purification once the fight starts. It's her first move, she's a priest after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back