• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be okay,Aqua's Holy Aura can prevent evil magic to take effect,and she can penetrate holy resist,speed seems similar.

So I had this massive wall of text for this battle, but you just had to say "Speed Seems Similar".

No.

No it's not similar.

It's Massively Hypersonic with FTL Combat Speeds vs Hypersonic speeds.

AT BEST it's Mach 100 (Aqua) vs Mach 10 (Ainz).

Aqua would literally be 10x faster here AT LEAST.

She runs up and taps him and he turns into a puddle. He revives, he turns into a puddle again.

Dunno how this would be fair either way if Ainz can just resurrect or something.

Akreious said:
So I had this massive wall of text for this battle, but you just had to say "Speed Seems Similar".

No.

No it's not similar.

It's Massively Hypersonic with FTL Combat Speeds vs Hypersonic speeds.

AT BEST it's Mach 100 (Aqua) vs Mach 10 (Ainz).

Aqua would literally be 10x faster here AT LEAST.

She runs up and taps him and he turns into a puddle. He revives, he turns into a puddle again.
No,Aqua can even be swallowed by simplest monster in Konosuba.But resurrection? She directly send Ainz's soul to heaven.

Akreious

This is not bloodlusted. When will she ever do that at the start? In fact, when has she ever? Even if that was the case, speed of thought is still faster and Ainz can teleport at thoughts.

Aqua cannot even fly.

All it takes is a grasp heart and she is just dead.

For obvious reasons though, yes, speed is not similar at all. At the same time though, it doesn't help her win here.

In fact I'd just close this as a stomp in Ainz favor.

Regular Battle Starts

Ainz grasp heart

Aqua dead

Another I can see it happening but even if bloodlusted

Bloodlusted Battle Starts

Aqua goes for the kill

Ainz teleports into the air, flying

Grasp Heart

Aquas spells take FAR too long to have any effect here. She would need to rely soley on phsycal ability to kill him and she cannot even fly, while he can and can teleport....

Stomp

Gargoyle One said:
I mean
Speed of thought isn't faster at all for her
You need to think first to even start moving....Unless you are running on instinct which Aqua obviously isn't. Ainz just thinks of a spell and its casted instantly.

You need to "tell" your body to start moving to move if you don't act on instinct then you start moving....

Ainz just needs to do one part of that, think, and its casted.

Gargoyle One said:
An FTL moving>>>>>>>>>>>>A Hypersonic Thinking
At least Massively Hypersonic, likely higher combat speed (Should be superior to novices who can dodge lightning) with FTL reactions and attack speed.....

Her profile says otherwise, FTL reactions not raw speed.

Jugger47 said:
Gargoyle One said:
An FTL moving>>>>>>>>>>>>A Hypersonic Thinking
At least Massively Hypersonic, likely higher combat speed (Should be superior to novices who can dodge lightning) with FTL reactions and attack speed.....
Her profile says otherwise, FTL reactions not raw speed.
There is a big difference between Massively Hypersonic and FTL lol.

Its not that dramatic of a difference to influence thought speed.

So my point still stands.

Gargoyle One said:
They are similar in one category
They are laughably faster then Ainz
Let me ask you a question.

How "fast" do you think a regular human can think? Don't need to be percise or anything just shoot. Oh and by think I mean just think one singular thing.

Judging by the time taken to respond you had to look that up

But you're right, I messed it up with the neuro network

Okay so it's vastly slower then what I thought, okay

Neurosecond?

Also no I already knew from a battle before. I'm playing total war at the same time I am speaking to you.

One thing I am and have been looking up is what you are refering to by Neurosecond.

However another thing thats yet to been adressed is Aqua doing this to be quite out of character, Again, this is not bloodlusted. There is nothing, no feats, to show that she would ever just charge full speed and punch him right away at the start, while its actually in character for Ainz to just grasp heart right away.

<Grasp Heart right away

You mean that attack that isn't thought based and requires him to raise his hand?

Aqua range spams for the most part, which is far worse for Ainz

Gargoyle One said:
<Grasp Heart right away
You mean that attack that isn't thought based and requires him to raise his hand?

Aqua range spams for the most part, which is far worse for Ainz
No

Volume 13 Overlord

"Does it matter? First we kill him, then―"

"―Shut up."

Ainz interrupted their conversation and cast a silent eighth tier spell, ÒÇîDeathÒÇì.

The ape-like demihuman's smile was frozen on his face as he slowly collapsed.

"...What? What did you―"

"―I told you to shut up, didn't I?"

Ainz once again cast a silent ÒÇîDeathÒÇì spell.

The four-legged demihuman collapsed in the same way as just now.

"Eh? Ehhh? What happened? What's going on?"

The female demihuman who remained still did not understand what was going on, but it would seem she had already recognized who had done it.

"Was, was it you? You killed those two in an instant…?"

Terror was deeply etched on her face. Her body was shaking hard.

"Yes, yes," Ainz carelessly cast a silent ÒÇîDeathÒÇì on the female demihuman as well.

He can cast Death Magic with Silent magic too. They didn't know what was going on because he wasn't gesturing or saying anything, they just started dying.

A common misconception though. He only has to think it, its certainly thought based.

Gargoyle One said:
Grasp heartand Death spell are two different things

Gargoyle One

They are both Instant death spells, they are the same type of spell with one being more powerful than the other, thats all. Why would Silent magic not work with Grasp Heart?

To make this clear, you are arguing that Silent magic wouldn't work with Grasp Heart? For what reason?

Grasp Heart not needing him to do any action:

Volume 11

"Umu… dealing with fools is truly tiresome."

A cold voice rang forth.

Why did his father's instincts as one of the living not tell him that Death awaited him? It must have been his Draconic avarice at work here.

"You idiot! You've just thrown away the only chance you had to survive! No, I should kill youÔöÇ"

"[Grasp Heart]."

And with that, his father's body slumped powerlessly to the ground.

All eyes went to the body of the strongest Dragon here.

The way he did not move at all looked like he was sleeping. Of course, that was definitely not the case.

The air in the room turned cold, and the Supreme Being spoke.

From what I've recalled about other users' arguments about Ainz's capabilities, some of his instant death abilities apparently bypasses any regen that are below Low-Godly, so there's that.

Also it must be considered that in serious fights Ains prefers to use Silent [Time-stop] as his starting move followed with Delay magic [True Death] in case of wanting to kill his opponent (Like in his duel vs Stronoff [Volume 9]) or in case of wanting to incap he would use it to "teleport" himself (like in his battle vs the workers [Volume 7]).

About why he did not used it vs Shaltear, it should be considered that he always remark that post level 70 (The level when one can learn [Time-stop]), one must have a way to resist it and considering that Shaltear is a lvl 100 NPC of his guild she must have a way to resist it, so using it in that battle would have been useless.

Someone who likes to read said:
Also it must be considered that in serious fights Ains prefers to use Silent [Time-stop] as his starting move followed with Delay magic [True Death] in case of wanting to kill his opponent (Like in his duel vs Stronoff [Volume 9]) or in case of wanting to incap he would use it to "teleport" himself (like in his battle vs the workers [Volume 7]).

About why he did not used it vs Shaltear, it should be considered that he always remark that post level 70 (The level when one can learn [Time-stop]), one must have a way to resist it and considering that Shaltear is a lvl 100 NPC of his guild she must have a way to resist it, so using it in that battle would have been useless.
I never brought up time stop because apparently Aqua has some form of resistance to time manipulation? I don't know its extent though. Also yes, shalltear is immune to time manipulation.

Zhaoshuais said:
I should remind everyone that Aqua's holy aura prevent evil spells to take effect.
Which is actually useless here. For a spell to be considered evil it has to have the curse attribute, which as far as I know doesn't exist in Overlord.

Zhaoshuais said:
I should remind everyone that Aqua's holy aura prevent evil spells to take effect.
Also the resistance to time manipulation is something that seems specfic, what is the basis for that resistance in her profile?

"Resistance to Limited Unconventional Time Manipulation"?

Im fine with equalized Speed but this is certainly a stomp that needs to be closed.

Aqua doesn't survive a grasp heart.

Aqua resistance to time stop is called into question

Aqua never starts with hax

Ainz does use hax early on

Ainz is going to grasp heart which is something instantaneous and far faster than what anything Aqua can throw out.

She has ways to win but she just doesn't get to ever use it.

Jugger47 said:
Zhaoshuais said:
Also the resistance to time manipulation is something that seems specfic, what is the basis for that resistance in her profile?
"Resistance to Limited Unconventional Time Manipulation"?
Her resistance is to all evil spells,and always open.

Zhaoshuais said:
Oh I see so thats what it means, it goes back to that evil spell resistance.

In that case she would even be effected by a time stop....

Just gonna ask what makes Ains spells evil? because being a Undead =/= Evil, at most his magic to summon the young ones would be considered as "Evil" because it needs living sacrifices.

I am noooooot sure.

Aqua is stupid, but she's also skilled at what she's good.

She's very, very, very skilled at killing undead beings, and very fervent about it as well. She's even uncharacteristically quick to think and react if she's seriously trying to kill one, as happened with Mask dude trying to turn to sand and getting Luffy-ed with a cup of tea to make sure his form stayed solid.

If Ainz can't secure a win before she goes all out, this can get hairy for him.

Someone who likes to read said:
Just gonna ask what makes Ains spells evil? because being a Undead =/= Evil, at most his magic to summon the young ones would be considered as "Evil" because it needs living sacrifices.
His spells aren't evil based, especially time stop so, I agree, it would work.

The "evil" thing though is basically an element in Konosuba called "Curse" something that doesn't exist in overlord so her resistances that come from her resistance to evil spells would be meaningless here.

Jugger47 said:
Zhaoshuais said:
Oh I see so thats what it means, it goes back to that evil spell resistance.
In that case she would even be effected by a time stop....
Aqua's dress can resist any debuff and has really high defence.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If Ainz can't secure a win before she goes all out, this can get hairy for him.
She is instantly killed by a Grasp Heart and now we know even Time Stop would effect her.

EDIT: What the...is there some sort of auto filter now? My words keep changing for no reason when I save changes. Its even italizing on its own now.

Zhaoshuais said:
Aqua's dress can resist any debuff and has really high defence.
Time Stop is not a debuff and high defense doesn't matter when you are instantly killed by death magic, no resistance to death manipulation=instant death.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Are you using things like * and quotes,
must be that.
Yea strange thats it, and whenever I try to bold my words it completely changes it and I have to retype it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back