• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aqua (Konosuba) vs Magikoopa (7-0-0) (Concluded)

Aqua is a goddess, meaning she should be a good few centuries or millennia old, although she is a complete dumb shit, putting most of her allotted skill points into party tricks or somehow getting herself drunk despite having a Fix-it Felix deal but with purification. I recall seeing Aqua in the anime trying to purify alligators of all things and it not working, so her main method of attack is completely useless against the Magikoopa. You could probably keep Aqua as a pet and it'd be no different from keeping a Labrador retriever! Sure, Aqua has an 8-B spell, but Kamek can just... You know, teleport out of the way and juke her.

Magikoopa is skilled in basic magic, and unlike Goombas and Koopa Troopas, are fairly intelligent, to a point where Bowser made one of them his royal advisor. Which Magikoopa gets the role depends on the medium, with Kamek for the Super Mario Bros games and Kammy for at least older Paper Mario games. Also, whereas the Magikoopa can resist Aqua's purification due to it not working on reptiles, Aqua apparently cannot resist the Magikoopa's transmutation, although last I checked, the transmutation only worked on objects as against foes, the transmutation spell only deals straight AP damage to his opponents.

I think the Magikoopa takes this, albeit with some difficulty.

I really need to get a timer or something for threads in grace. Anyways Grace is now over! Magikoopa has won with 7 votes!

Why Aqua's magic resistance (that includes resisting magikoopa's transmutation) and Attack reflection were completely ignored?

And while she is dumb, in the case of her sealing Kamek's wand or using break spell, Kamek will not have magic to use at all

And if transmutation counts as a status effect, she has a cloak that makes him inmune to those, on top of being resistant to magic

Why Aqua's magic resistance (that includes resisting magikoopa's transmutation) and Attack reflection were completely ignored?

And while she is dumb, in the case of her sealing Kamek's wand or using break spell, Kamek will not have magic to use at all

And if transmutation counts as a status effect, she has a cloak that makes him inmune to those, on top of being resistant to magic
Magikoop can still slap her in this situation, and in character Aqua forget she has thouse

Magikoop can still slap her in this situation, and in character Aqua forget she has thouse
I never saw a Magikoopa slapping anyone, that is more out of character than Aqua using those moves

And Aqua in a serious fight is not gonna be acting like a complete moron
I recall seeing Aqua in the anime trying to purify alligators

Ah yes, purificating Alligators, when the job was purificating THE WATER

She is not even fighting the alligators, she is only concentrated in cleaning the water

I am not buying a fight that is making up things about one character, she is not gonna start with purification againts something that is not a undead, plus "Aqua does not resist transmutation" is wrong, she resist magic= she resist magical transmutation plus the cloak that resist status effects

I never saw a Magikoopa slapping anyone, that is more out of character than Aqua using those moves
You know what happes whem Mario touches a Magikoopa trough the side, right?
I am not buying a fight that is making up things about one character, she is not gonna start with purification againts something that is not a undead, plus "Aqua does not resist transmutation" is wrong, she resist magic= she resist magical transmutation plus the cloak that resist status effects
You know the idea isn't that she will be transmutated, just damaged by the magic, right? It also don't stop Magikoopa from transmutating nearby objects into enemies to help It out

You know what happes whem Mario touches a Magikoopa trough the side, right?
Game mechanics, that is what happens

Or did we nerf mario? I will have to see the page

You know the idea isn't that she will be transmutated, just damaged by the magic, right?
If you resist magic, I won´t say that she is literally inmune to it

But the force of said magic would be extremely weakened as she resist magic of guys stronger than her or equal, but this I will have to search more to give concrete answers because I don´t remember her fights well

It could even be that her magic resistance is made up, I literally found yesterday that one character had a made up weakness, so I will investigate, then come again, if her resistance let´s she resist magic equal to her, then she is not gonna be excessively damage by the magickoopa
from transmutating nearby objects into enemies to help It out
That is fair

Last edited:
Game mechanics, that is what happens

Or did we nerf mario? I will have to see the page
That's not I meant, and Goombas can harm mario in any game, even RPG's, what I meant is that they do have proof of foing close distance atacks
If you resist magic, I won´t say that she is literally inmune to it

But the force of said magic would be extremely weakened as she resist magic of guys stronger than her or equal, but this I will have to search more to give concrete answers because I don´t remember her fights well

It could even be that his magic resistance is made up, I literally found yesterday that one character had a made up weakness, so I will investigate, then come again, if her resistance let´s she resist magic equal to her, then she is not gonna be excessively damage by the magickoopa
Fair, but just the fact Magikoopa is less useless in combat them aqua and in character spam teleportation and flies, would just be a time matter for It to take aqua down with atacks

and again, every time he don't hit her the magikoopa is summoning enemies to help It in combat

I found her magic explanation

Basically, she has defense and magic defense, so against magical attacks, she should have double or triple the defense

Let´s say is double, the stat difference is minuscule now

But what you said about transmutating more enemies seals the deal, Aqua is useless if she is facing more enemies equal to her, now I buy the fight, before not, the transmutation argument was not fair, the magic resistance make her resist Kamek attacks, plus her barriers

But if she is facing 50 koopas then gg, get wrecked

Hey, we're not making things up. We're basing things on what was given in the profiles, and nowhere in Aqua's profile did it say "Resistance to Transmutation." Even then, we have already agreed that Kamek generally does not transmute organics (ex. Mario).

Back