• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actual YGO card game discussion thread: Firewall did nothing wrong

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
Your entire deck going to GY isn't a disadvantage, you win the turn you resolve this card and it has no cost and isn't once per turn so it doesn't even matter if it gets negated

If you're super worried about decking out after a card that ends the battle phase before you can do any damage, you can just play like plaguespreader and edge imp sabres
And then your opp mills that card you put with plaguespreader ovo

I think it would warp the meta around it and... Get banned asap. Its Grass on huge steroids.

Could you have a better hand? Lol

Like, the only thing you were missing is Grass lmao.

Also lmao I just won a duel where I accidentally chose the wrong deck

Luckily, it was an old OCG BA Noid build so I easily piloted it and OTK'd without issue. Would've been awkward if I had hit one of the decks I threw together and never played.

Actually don't ban Isolde, I've been thinking about this recently.. I'm usually not a fan of the concept of nerfing cards via errata but I think it might be a good idea for some of the more broken VRAINS Pack 1 cards especially since the direction Konami seems to be moving toward with card design falls in line with what I'm about to suggest.

Isolde should require at least one "Noble Knight" monster and/or be restricted to sending "Noble Arms" equip spells.

Crystron Needlefiber's summoning conditions are fine but it should be restricted to summoning "Crystron" tuners.

Cherubini is less problematic than the other two but it probably should be restricted to only sending level 3 Dark monsters if not just limited to sending "Burning Abyss" monsters outright.

In general it's probably best to try to keep broken link monsters well..broken but either archetype lock them or lessen their impact to the point where it's more reasonable.

Actually don't ban Isolde, I've been thinking about this recently.. I'm usually not a fan of the concept of nerfing cards via errata but I think it might be a good idea for some of the more broken VRAINS Pack 1 cards especially since the direction Konami seems to be moving toward with card design falls in line with what I'm about to suggest.

Isolde should require at least one "Noble Knight" monster and/or be restricted to sending "Noble Arms" equip spells.

Crystron Needlefiber's summoning conditions are fine but it should be restricted to summoning "Crystron" tuners.

Cherubini is less problematic than the other two but it probably should be restricted to only sending level 3 Dark monsters if not just limited to sending "Burning Abyss" monsters outright.

In general it's probably best to try to keep broken link monsters well..broken but either archetype lock them or lessen their impact to the point where it's more reasonable.
How to balance the broken Links from the pack 1? Add the clause: this card cannot be used as Link material the turn you activate this effect.

Eh, I know this is controversial but I have no inherent problem with link climbing.
My only issue with link climbing is when the links themselves can make a L4nk out of GUB.

1) Summon bulb

2) LS Linkuriboh.

3) SS from GY

4) Needlefiber ---> SS junk

5) LS Summon Sorceress.

6) SS the tuna from GY.

7) SS something from deck with Summon Sorceress.

8) Make a L4nk or synchro summon or something.

ISNT THIS A BIT TOO MUCH? Im okay if you can plus off your links, but plussing then climbing into another plusser then make your boss out of a single monster is ridiculous.

Zoo format(s) was great. I don't think there's anything particularly noteworthy about there being eight steps.

>ISNT THIS A BIT TOO MUCH?

Well, yeah but this is kind of a "Summon Sorc needs to get the axe" thing.

I'm on the registration line rn but I almost missed the event, it starts at 10 and I woke up at 9 and hadda shower and write my decklist. Good thing I'm staying in the hotel where tis being held

You know, me. That guy that agreed with Rapid on a lot of stuff back then, like 3-A DSOD and a lot of stuff that should make Yugi and other duelists Hax beasts.

Kyle Ramos said:
You know, me. That guy that agreed with Rapid on a lot of stuff back then, like 3-A DSOD and a lot of stuff that should make Yugi and other duelists Hax beasts.
We dont talk about the anime here. I think there is a separated thread for that.

Back