• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actual YGO card game discussion thread: Firewall did nothing wrong

For moar flavor Imma give you a boss monster:

Link, Hope of Hyrule (let's go with a Link archetype):

L4nk. Left/bottom left/right/bottom right

3+ effect monsters with different names.

3000 atk.

1) when this card is special summoned you can target 1 "Link" monster in your GY and special summon it to a zone this card points to (this comes from Link reincarnating).

2) this card and "Link" monsters it points to are unnaffected by your opponent's card effects (cuz ToC protects Link).

3) This card gains attacks equal to the original attack of "Link" monsters it points to (Master sword shenanigans).

4) If this card attacks a defense position monster, inflict double piercing damage.

Wow.

EAS told me that you could create cards and play with them in DuelingBook.

Omg. I have so many ideas for a "Legend of Zelda" archetype.

Xyz: Masked Warrior Link. (Majora)

Xyz 2: Link, twilight savior (TP)

Xyz boss: Link of the Fierce Deity (duh).

Synchro: Zelda, eternal princess (from WW)

Synchro 2: Awakened Sage, Zelda.

Syncrho boss: Hylia, Light goddess.

Fusion: Evil King Ganondorf (2 dark spellcasters)

Fusion 2: Dark Beast Ganon (1 spellcaster + 1 beast warrior)

Fusion superboss: Demise, Demon King (2+ DARK monsters).

Oof. I could make so many CaC based on this. Oof.

So I've been spending a loooooot of time over the past few days working on my build of Danger Sekka BA. It's developed into a bit of a crazy monster mash (which works out well with Hydralander). I'm running the mare mare combo, gallis, rescue cats and ferrets, genex ally birdman, crusadia monsters, and steam the cloak. Basically just a ton of free special summons from hand, +1 engines/one card Dantes and L2NKs, token generators for combo potential and breaking board, and a moderately sized BA engine. The crusadias can special summon themselves from hand to a zone a link monster points to. I'm running the level 3 beast, the level 3 spellcaster, and the level 4 dragon. Summon sorc on the spellcaster fetches snow and on the dragon, it fetches destrudo. Birdman can bounce back Gallis for an extra free summon and some more burn damage, it can bounce back TGU to be used again next turn, it's just good in a lot of situations.

It's surprisingly very consistent because so many of the cards fundamentally do the same thing, +1 normal summons are always live, and you can shuffle back garnets with the gy eff of Sekka's Light. You can also play through a lot because so much of the deck is made up of monsters that special summon themselves by their own effects and BAs float.

I haven't nailed down a ton of set combos or anything but I'm typically opening hands that do a fair bit. Its better going second but if you go first, you can still get 2-3 co-linked Knightmares and Beatrice. If Goblin was legal, I'd really be able to pull some shenanigans because the deck's normal summons are just so good.

Hey man, you know I selfishly want it. Seriously though, free goblin and ban gryphon+mermaid ovo.

I'm playing IRL ygo again and have a regional in a few weeks and I'm hype af to play this given how well its been doing in my early testing.

Thanks duuude will do. I wasn't joking bout the knightmare solution though like at a fundamental level, I think goblin, cerberus, phoenix, and unicorn do things that are acceptable to have in the game and mermaid (bc of iblee) and gryphon do things that are unacceptable. The degree of inherent protection and capacity to generate advantage and cycle through your deck that knightmares offer shouldn't be backed by a big floodgate that can set another floodgate from GY along with what essentially amounts to Vanity's Emptiness but less fragile and far more consistent.

Goblin rises the ceiling of nearly any deck that can use it. By a lot. Its like brilliant fusion on steroids.

PaChi2 said:
Goblin rises the ceiling of nearly any deck that can use it. By a lot. Its like brilliant fusion on steroids.
Ehhhh... Goblin and the Brilliant Fusion engine are very different; the extra normal summon is just part of the reason you run the latter, it's a one card combo that requires devoting significant main deck space, Goblin can fit in anything without actually needing to change the build of any given deck all that much and offers a protection from targeting.

Anyway, as you can see I'm not contesting the power of Goblin, it's just that I don't have an issue with it so long as Gumblar and Gryphon aren't in the game. The boards would be much more breakable given that the other player opens reasonably well. Combo decks are much healthier in the meta when they uh don't have floodgates built into their engine and a very consistent handloop, and also when their competition also has consistent access to extenders.

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
Oh, I gotta peep the new reveals. Will a one card Magnus be possible? ovo
I wish. I can't fathom how utterly ridiculous that card would have to be to allow that.

Something like painful decission for super quants + getting the field spell to your hand.

You know, I hope the white megazord is a L3nk with 3 down arrows that gains effect depending on the Super Quants they are pointing at.

Either Konami is gonna fix their old bad archetypes (like assault mode) or they just want that nowtagia money no matter the consequences.

I like that they are kind of unique on what they do. Though I'd enjoy more diversity in their strategy plan than sitting on colossus and titan.

I like the uniqueness as well and the chaos aspect is a nice touch. Their current gameplan is super standard but I suspect that superior builds will emerge soon enough tbh, that engine should be capable of a lot.

As it is now, if your deck has nondestructive removal and doesn't autolose to Mistake, the matchup aint that tough.

Gotta say I love the card art tbh

I like the uniqueness as well and the chaos aspect is a nice touch. Their current gameplan is super standard but I suspect that superior builds will emerge soon enough tbh, that engine should be capable of a lot.

As it is now, if your deck has nondestructive removal and doesn't autolose to Mistake, the matchup aint that tough.

Gotta say I love the card art tbh
Or... If you drew into za turtle.

True Super Quantal Mech King Blaster Magna

LIGHT/Machine/Link/Effect/2500/LINK-3/B, BL, BR

2+ Effect Monsters, including a "Super Quant" monster

You can only use this card's (3) effect once per turn.

1. This Link Summoned card cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

2. If a "Super Quant" Xyz Monster with a different name from monsters you control is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck to a zone that this card points to; Draw 1 card.

3. If an Xyz Monster that this card points to is destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Super Quant" monster with the same Attribute as that monster's original Attribute from your Deck.

ITS HEREEEEE

Also we got a nice r7nk

No OPT on the second effect so... You really can go +4 if you opened a magnus hand. Its great to keep resources

Your entire deck going to GY isn't a disadvantage, you win the turn you resolve this card and it has no cost and isn't once per turn so it doesn't even matter if it gets negated

If you're super worried about decking out after a card that ends the battle phase before you can do any damage, you can just play like plaguespreader and edge imp sabres

No no no, I only make custom cards that broken for jokes. And what do you mean one copy?? I'd play 3 and 3 left arm to search it, that card is absurd in any deck that plays out of GY
You would literaly print Grass and use it as a Dakimura. This is Grass's hotter older (younger for the kinky dudes) sister (or brother for the kinky dudes)

A Grass Dakimakura UwU. Still my fav spell buuut Sekka's Light is getting up there (god, I love that card)
You really love masochistic deckbuilding huh

Back