• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer: Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resistance to Analytical Prediction for everyone; Photographic Memory for Yu​

So I'll start this by saying that every boxer in the serie has Analytical Prediction of a certain level.

Ryu (who unfortunately doesn't have a profile but I still need to name him for the thread) has Resistance to it because his talent is described to be freedom, while boxers are able to predict punches and timing Ryu was able to completely be unreadable,due to his freedom of movement, by the 3rd strongest middleweight boxer, which should be more skilled than the average one, Ryu was also unreadable by Shia who, on his profile, has this: Analytical Prediction (Capable of memorizing the attack patterns, rhythms, timing, and habits of his opponents, utilizing it all against them, being unable to be touched by them after he memorized all of their movements.[2] Was able to read almost all of Jay's attacks, despite Jay previously knocking him out, even knocking out Jay in the next round[3]) and is rated as Genius in comabt.

Siha was able to perform a "lower level" of Ryu's movements, by being able to replicate similar movements he should also gain his resistance, also here.

Jean has is own way to negate analytical prediction as his talent is different from Ryu's one, he basically can mess the opponent perception of his movements an timing becoming unreadable.

Yu (in his first key) was able to outskill Ryu's movements (and probably he even read those movements), not only that but (in his final key) he also was able to replicate the exact same Ryu's movements after seeing it years ago, Yu's talent is even presented to be on a superior level compared to Ryu's one, Yu also completely outskilled Jean, Jean could initially "predict" Yu's movements but still Yu completely out skilled his predictions, also given Yu's BIQ and the fact he could remember a movement performed years ago (at least 2 given he trained 2 years before becoming a boxer) should grants him photographic memory.

Social influence (fear) for Yu​

here

Pain tolerance for Yu

During his match against Aaron Yu fought with a disarticolated shoulder, blood coming out of his gloves since he was constantly hitting Aaron, which is the same thing for a human to constantly hit a wall and Yu was also full of cuts; still he never react to the pain.

Pressure Points for everyone​

here and here, even the average boxer IRL is aware of the weak points of the human body to hit, Yu specifically can cut skin with his punches.

Extraordinary genius for Yu (in combat)​

Yu should be rated as extraordinary genius combat wise so from "Unknown, Genius combatant" to "Unknown, Extraordinary Genius combatant" for the following reasons:

By following the definitions of Genius and Extraordinary Genius on the Intelligence Page, Genius is basically being peak human in terms of intelligence while Extraordinary Genius is being superior to human's limits, we have an high amount of statements for him being >humans, both physically and in terms of BIQ and skills, Jean who is rated as Genius on his profile, because he was undefeated for 10 years and reached the perfection of the boxing technique (see the profile for the scan and a more accurate explanation), is completely outskilled by Yu during the whole match even adapting to his fighting style (scans above in the analytical prediction part) and this is how Jean perceive Yu's boxing skill, it's basically a complete no diff, there are more statements of his boxe being out of the world and stuff like that but Jean's ones are the most reliable as he already reached the Genius intelligence and perfect technique of the boxe and still Yu completely transcends him and he outright said Yu>humans, Siha is also considered Genius and Ryu should also, given he was stronger than Siha; Yu was able to read, remember, copy and outskill Ryu's moves which are unreadable by a Genius (Siha) who is compared to a computer, so my point is basically that Genius in his verse are ants compared to him.
Another feat which is worth mentioning it's Yu's adaptability during a fight, Aaron completely outmatched Yu after he started to use techniques (only in terms of Ap and Speed, also yes, before that he was throwing random punches) for Yu was completely impossible to avoid those punches and a single hit would have outright killed him, still Yu managed, by pure BIQ, to fight someone who was vastly superior than him in both AP and Speed, also stamina but it's not extremely relevant, so while during the other matches Yu's speed helped him now Yu couldn't count on that, the only thing he could do was to use his talent and BIQ, it's also stated that at the minimal mistake Yu would have die.

This might only limited by boxing but I don't think it is, I'll try to explain it by using his Analytical prediction and Power Mimicry, firstly, a boxer's analytical prediction should work this way: I know step by step a movement and therefore by seeing the initial steps I'm able to predict the technique, Yu doesn't do it, Yu never actually learnt boxing techniques, K (his boxing teacher) already from the beginning of the serie thinks it would be a waste of time, what I'm saying is that Yu doesn't have a base knowledge of boxing since he never learnt the steps of the movements (like Jean, or even Takeda, does for example) therefore Yu could completely outskill and read a Genius who is the peak of boxing by pure talent and BIQ with none-small knowledge of boxing itself, we also have to consider Ryu's movement's aren't boxing movements (or from any other martial art) as explained above and still Yu could perfectly read and outskill, even copy, that talent.
For the power mimicry part, Yu was able to perfectly predict and copy, faster and with more precision, Takeda's movements before he could even complete them and he did it in his first time fighting as an in-fighter, Yu (and also Jean) is an out-fighter which have a different style of boxing compared to an in-fighter and still he had no difficulty in performing this feat.

Last edited:
Not sure about photographic memory, honestly could opt to a "likely".

Analytical prediction, as in the ability itself, no longer has layers, it's just a skill stuff.

Everything else seems fine.

mh, I didn't see anything on the profile tho
Was never indexed but it was accepted and used in matches:

I don't think that is enough for Photographic Memory. It's a good Bodily Kinesthetic feat though. 2 years or even 10 years is not a huge gap if we are seeing how there are doctors in this world who can remember parts of their studies even after a lot many years. However, if Yu has done it repeatedly, and has shown capacities to recall stuff in multiple times (like 3-4 times is enough) and has statements to back it up, then I guess.

I don't know about Extraordinary Genius. The wiki treats that tier as a knowledge-centric tier as well and I haven't seen any combat-related stuff regarding intelligence where characters have this. Yes, the feats are good, and they qualify well for a nice adaptability. The only combat Extraordinary Genius I have seen is Yujiro Hanma, and he also is said to have the knowledge of virtually every martial arts possible, has knowledge of anatomy which is more than even the doctors. Except for that, he also knows 20 languages and has knowledge in various fields such as cooking, biomechanics, biology, chemistry, arithmetic, zoology, and more. While this tier is above-peak human kind of tier in intelligence, fast adaptability is enough or not, that I don't have any idea.

Everything else is a W.

Was never indexed but it was accepted and used in matches:

this thread was made when anal predict being treated as layers was fine

things have changed now

Then just don't treat it as layers now. The standard changing doesn't make it invalid, it just makes it no longer classifiable as a layered ability.

having resistance against it is still valid? I saw some profiles that do it

Last edited:
I don't think that is enough for Photographic Memory. It's a good Bodily Kinesthetic feat though. 2 years or even 10 years is not a huge gap if we are seeing how there are doctors in this world who can remember parts of their studies even after a lot many years. However, if Yu has done it repeatedly, and has shown capacities to recall stuff in multiple times (like 3-4 times is enough) and has statements to back it up, then I guess.

I don't know about Extraordinary Genius. The wiki treats that tier as a knowledge-centric tier as well and I haven't seen any combat-related stuff regarding intelligence where characters have this. Yes, the feats are good, and they qualify well for a nice adaptability. The only combat Extraordinary Genius I have seen is Yujiro Hanma, and he also is said to have the knowledge of virtually every martial arts possible, has knowledge of anatomy which is more than even the doctors. Except for that, he also knows 20 languages and has knowledge in various fields such as cooking, biomechanics, biology, chemistry, arithmetic, zoology, and more. While this tier is above-peak human kind of tier in intelligence, fast adaptability is enough or not, that I don't have any idea.
I do agree with this sentiment.
There's no longer layered analytical prediction but it can still be used as good evidence for his skill level.

Analytical Prediction resistance is a thing yes.
Also this is correct.

Thanks,

So resistance to analytical prediction, pressure points and social influence are fine to be added?

This is just an IRL thing. Like it's a pretty important part of combat.
This I honestly think would just be limited resistance to AP. They give a pretty clear reason for it, which is that his fighting style is unlike normal boxers', and that he can pull off moves they couldn't, which means that their experience against boxers is moot here, but someone with "wider" AnP wouldn't necessarily struggle with this as much.
I'd list this as limited too but seems fair.
Jean has is own way to negate analytical prediction as his talent is different from Ryu's one, he basically can mess the opponent perception of his movements an timing becoming unreadable.
Again this is just like, a technique. It just makes it harder to read someone but I wouldn't consider predicting past this a "layer" at all.
Yu (in his first key) was able to outskill Ryu's movements (and probably he even read those movements), not only that but (in his final key) he also was able to replicate the exact same Ryu's movements after seeing it years ago, Yu's talent is even presented to be on a superior level compared to Ryu's one, Yu also completely outskilled Jean, Jean could initially "predict" Yu's movements but still Yu completely out skilled his predictions, I also think Yu should gain a 2 layered Analytical Prediction given, even if it's not directly stated, it's heavily implied he could read Jean's and Ryu's movements during the fight, well, he could actually perfectly copy Ryu's moves which are unreadable by Genius boxers such as Siha, so yeah, he could not only read and perfectly remember it after years but also perfectly copy it and I think this + the fact he is vastly superior to them are enough proofs for a 2 layered Analytical Prediction, also given Yu's BIQ and the fact he could remember a movement performed years ago (at least 2 given he trained 2 years before becoming a boxer) should grants him photographic memory.
The concept of "layers" of analytical prediction feels pretty silly to me to begin with but in this series' case it seems pretty clear to me he's just learning how the other people's fighting style works, it's much more mundane than this is claiming- it's a good AnP feat still, but I wouldn't go claiming this means he can immediately predict anyone and anything.
Sure
Just stamina
here and here, even the average boxer IRL is aware of the weak points of the human body to hit, Yu specifically can cut skin with his punches.
I'd say limited PP
By following the definitions of Genius and Extraordinary Genius on the Intelligence Page, Genius is basically being peak human in terms of intelligence while Extraordinary Genius is being superior to human's limits, we have an high amount of statements for him being >humans, both physically and in terms of BIQ and skills, Jean who is rated as Genius on his profile, because he was undefeated for 10 years and reached the perfection of the boxing technique (see the profile for the scan and a more accurate explanation), is completely outskilled by Yu during the whole match even adapting to his fighting style (scans above in the analytical prediction part) and this is how Jean perceive Yu's boxing skill, it's basically a complete no diff, there are more statements of his boxe being out of the world and stuff like that but Jean's ones are the most reliable as he already reached the Genius intelligence and perfect technique of the boxe and still Yu completely transcends him and he outright said Yu>humans, Siha is also considered Genius and Ryu should also, given he was stronger than Siha; Yu was able to read, remember, copy and outskill Ryu's moves which are unreadable by a Genius (Siha) who is compared to a computer, so my point is basically that Genius in his verse are ants compared to him.
Another feat which is worth mentioning it's Yu's adaptability during a fight, Aaron completely outmatched Yu after he started to use techniques (only in terms of Ap and Speed, also yes, before that he was throwing random punches) for Yu was completely impossible to avoid those punches and a single hit would have outright killed him, still Yu managed, by pure BIQ, to fight someone who was vastly superior than him in both AP and Speed, also stamina but it's not extremely relevant, so while during the other matches Yu's speed helped him now Yu couldn't count on that, the only thing he could do was to use his talent and BIQ, it's also stated that at the minimal mistake Yu would have die.

This might only limited by boxing but I don't think it is, I'll try to explain it by using his Analytical prediction and Power Mimicry, firstly, a boxer's analytical prediction should work this way: I know step by step a movement and therefore by seeing the initial steps I'm able to predict the technique, Yu doesn't do it, Yu never actually learnt boxing techniques, K (his boxing teacher) already from the beginning of the serie thinks it would be a waste of time, what I'm saying is that Yu doesn't have a base knowledge of boxing since he never learnt the steps of the movements (like Jean, or even Takeda, does for example) therefore Yu could completely outskill and read a Genius who is the peak of boxing by pure talent and BIQ with none-small knowledge of boxing itself, we also have to consider Ryu's movement's aren't boxing movements (or from any other martial art) as explained above and still Yu could perfectly read and outskill, even copy, that talent.
For the power mimicry part, Yu was able to perfectly predict and copy, faster and with more precision, Takeda's movements before he could even complete them and he did it in his first time fighting as an in-fighter, Yu (and also Jean) is an out-fighter which have a different style of boxing compared to an in-fighter and still he had no difficulty in performing this feat.
Combat EG is really weird, personally I'd be ok with it since stuff like copying an entire fighting style mid-match is pretty impossible IRL.

The prediction scaling your talking about is already accepted. We just don't consider it "layers" anymore, and just a scaling chain of skill (Like most verses). Since stuff like analytical prediction, technique mimicry, etc can not be a layered thing by our standards.

The layers stuff should probably be edited out of the OP so this doesn't have to keep being elaborated on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back