• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actual YGO card game discussion thread: Firewall did nothing wrong

Yeah, that essentially is my position, it's just that there's so little chance that Konami will actually drop the EoM procedures they just instituted in Summer 2018.

I don't like Null Nun as a card in general (discussed this with Witchy in chat a bit, the capacity to OTK bc of a favorable matchup say Kozmo DD vs smaller monsters that all target despite a far far slower engine is a common feature of viable rogue decks across formats, it's pretty basic theory that in absence of floodgates, the deck with the weaker engine has to win quickly and play more aggressively because as the game goes on, the stronger engine is gains advantage so much faster and almost always has a much greater capacity to recur its resources).

That said, Null Nun itself doesn't break the game. Discounting the EoM procedures, it just kinda nudges the game in a direction I don't necessarily like but that's fine, I don't gotta like every single card Konami puts out lol

If we're being totally honest on Maxx "C", I don't advocate for it coming back but I'm one of the rare players who is actually pretty neutral. You can get decked out or OTKd through it but ehhh it's still too autowin too often. That card is a double edged sword, I won't ask for it back but if it came back, I wouldn't be super salty about it or anything

I think that's fair. I supposed I'm used to not having the card since it's been banned for a bit.

I don't think I'd be upset with it's return. But I do think that cards of that type should be at either 3 or 0. I view Null Nun similarly to Maxx C, but just better designed in general. Though the amount of life point gain can vary rather widely. But the ceiling is rather high.

I'm also not a fan of the new procedures either.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely in the 3 or 0 camp with Maxx "C" as well. Having the card at 1 or even 2 just yields way too much unnecessary RNG for a card that can be so high impact when you open it with respect to how it affects your opponent's actions.

Also isn't Maxx "C" being reprinted again? If I'm right about that, we might actually get that card back lmao for better or worse.

I'll also say this: if Maxx "C" style cards that give you 'something' every time your opponent special summons were to be more commonly designed, maybe there should be a variety of them with diff sorts of effects that benefit a wide variety of diff decks. Like one that mills off the top, one that lets you banish from deck, one that lets you declare a name of a normal trap then excavate and if you guessed it right you set it and if not, you get to stack a normal trap (so basically a free set trap every other special summon), etc...

That last one might make going second with a trap deck not all that bad which is kinda cool

Actually, I honestly like that idea.

I'm not sure about the Maxx C reprint. I just know that ash is being reprinted because of what PaChi linked here.

Yeah, I'm not 100% on the Maxx "C" reprint, that might be OCG or possibly just rumors.

It is good to see Ash being reprinted, inexpensive meta staples really help reduce general barrier to entry and make the competitive scene more accessible. For all the crap Konami gets nowadays, tournament attendance is better than ever. It was honestly amazing just how many people were at this random regional I decided to go to and the general mood in the room was just great. Things like a structure deck ash reprint only serve to make the situation I described even better.

Release PC, ban dimension fusion, limit SC.

Next: Pre-errata CED, pre errata-CCV, Graceful Charity.

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
So far, we've got 3 Painful Choice and 3 Pre-Errata CED...nice format for BA uwu
Nice format. Chaos wins.

Pre-Errata CED to 3, Graceful Charity to 1, Pre-Errata CCV to 0

Next up: Zoodiac Ratpier, Elder Entity Norden, Master Peace
MP to 3. Norden to 1. Ratpier to 0. I like MP, Norden at 1 is fine and welp.

Next set: Pot of Greed, Fiber Jar, YATA.

3 for Electrumite, 1 for AS, 0 for Kirin. Pendulums should be strong with that.

Next up: Exodia parts (ovo), chicken game, upstart goblin.

I like pure magicians moar than majespecters.

>Ban exodia lol.

Ugh. 3 for Denglong cuz Synchro spam is fun, 1 Litho, 0 Beatrice.

Next: pre errata sangan and witch of the black forest, change of heart.

3 REDMD, 1 Tour Guide, 0 Spyral.

Next: D-Rulers (yes, as a whole, I dont care), Last turn, Spellbook of judgement.

I want to ban TGLG ovo.

Jk.

3 TGLG, 1 Pot of Avarice, 0 Drones.

Death to the sky strikers.

Also if you don't have another one: Knightmare Goblin, M-X-Saber Invoker, Lavalval Chain
0 to all of them ovo.

I mean, all of those are key cards in FTKs. But....

3 for Invoker, 1 for Lavaval Chain, 0 to goblin.

[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:JonTron_-_I_Don%27t_Like_Goblins'][IMG alt="JonTron - I Don't Like Goblins said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/7/71/JonTron_-_I_Don%27t_Like_Goblins/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/335?cb=20190121115613[/IMG][/URL]
JonTron - I Don't Like Goblins

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer"]
You really hate Gobli

I think Last will could come just fine tbh.

3 LW, 1 Ultimate Offeromg, 0 Cold wave.

Last Will ca come back but it I say that as someone who has a pretty high tolerance for overall brokenness. It would be pretty damn silly lol. It'll realistically always be live because it doesn't care how the monster was sent from field to gy, it also isn't HOPT. You can do silly things like just summoning bulb or steam the cloak or dropping floodgate monsters at the end of your plays like fossil dyna, banisher of the light (for the unaware, it has the same eff as radiance, just with 0 ATK and 2000 DEF), goblin of greed which stops thunder dragons and many hand traps, gendo the ascetic monk becomes potentially main deck worthy lmao, you can summon rescue cat for a free nat beast or barkion. The pool of potential plays is absurd. If you happen to be playing a deck that runs Rusty, you can also search protection for your floodgate monster. If you have it, you'll always have a play even if your main combos get wrecked by handtraps.

Also side note, I find it really funny that rhino + 2 BAs with Cherubini lets you summon Azathot on your opponent's turn in PK Fire (I call it the thotlock)

3 for Rekindling, 1 for Kaiju slumber, 0 for Set rotation.

Next: pre errata disk commander, malicious, AHL.

Back