• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator vs Ainz Ooal Gown [Rematch]

I was just using him as an example that bloodlusted can't always have both a super aggressive behaviour while using the strongest attack at same time, escpacially mind-oriented characters like Wizards who need to be patient, since we don't seem to be on the same page in regards to what "bloodlusted" entails.

Unfortunately the Bloodlust page does not explain whether or not actual suicidal acts that would only lead to incon at best (or ones that have a certain risk of death either by chance or at failure/success of the taken action). While it does mention "risking injuries" it does not mention anything one way or another about "risking death".

To be honest, if Accelerator gets bloodlusted, then the same should apply to Ainz. How would it be fair if one character gets their character inhibitions removed, while the other has theirs remain?

There's no way to truly make this fair, so this thread should've been sticking to Accelerator being IC like Ainz in the fight , which is what most of the votes are based on.

I don't recall him starting off with instant death hax spells like Grasp Heart as a precautionary measure count as being "bloodlusted". There are some things he won't do in-character, such as using the true Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown in a fight for example.

Regardless of what Ainz might or might not do in regards to IF he bloodlusted, can we at least agree that bloodlusted won't ever lead to intentional double suicide unless the bloodlusted character is completely sure that there is no realistic way to win without dying?

In other words Accel won't just go full nuclear double-suicide until he is sure that he got no chance against Ainz, at which point it'd be probably too late, no?

That makes it 7 then. So... stomp or win? Accel could get an incon by exploding everything in a suicide attack. As for winning, he would need to touch Ainz (though Ainz's ressurection ring would probably be triggered? So he'd have to touch Ainz twice?)

Waiting for OP to announce Grace Period.

Oh right the self-destruction move wouldn't even work on Ainz, because he can ressurect himself once. Ainz would still win even if Accel opened with that.

But Accel could, in theory, beat Ainz by touching him... twice? Is that enough for a victory condition? Or a stomp anyway due to IC Ainz never just casually letting an opponent near him and instead teleporting away? Well, with a starting distance of 20m Accel should have a "chance" at least. Dunno.

Actually, with the ring, Ainz can ressurect himself MANY times (his ring grants him resurrections with little to no downsides without item loss and xp loss is minimal and allows him to ressurect himself as long as he has xp to spare but for some reason it is not listed)

Ring that allows the user to resurrect with little loss of exp

This is how it is on the profile. I think we just went with a safe guess of one time, as no number is given.

Funny thing is that because of how overpowered he was in his world, there hasn't been even one point yet in the LN where the resurrection effect was actively used.

Shouldn't it scale to Shalltear's item? I mean even if it's not a consumable item, the Ring's effect should at least have some sort of cooldown, no? Or perhaps some sort of "game rule" that any self-resurrecting effects only work once per day (possible World Item effects aside) or some such things, else it would break the game balance. And players in YGGDRASSIL would just continue fighting while endlessly resurrecting.

NeoSuperior said:
Shouldn't it scale to Shalltear's item? I mean even if it's not a consumable item, the Ring's effect should at least have some sort of cooldown, no? Or perhaps some sort of "game rule" that any self-resurrecting effects only work once per day (possible World Item effects aside) or some such things, else it would break the game balance. And players in YGGDRASSIL would just continue fighting while endlessly resurrecting.
This is the game that allows you to delete another player's profile with an item

There is no balance, Touch Me is a living example

Also there was resurrection negation magic, so no

Apeironaxim said:
This is the game that allows you to delete another player's profile with an item

There is no balance
That item also deleted your data so that seems balanced

Also considering there was no mention of the ring reviving an infinite amount of times I'm pretty sure it's safer to scale it to the pre-existing single revive item Shalltear has

Ainz removed one of his rings. It was a cash item that allowed for resurrection at hardly any cost.

Here's the quote

I personally think it allows him to revive multiple times, but with no set number, it's safer to just say one time

The light novels are a blast. I remember him wearing a revival ring against Shalltear, but he took it off so he wouldn't be overconfident.

Imagine feeling so guilty and responsible you take off your free revive

Anyway, I'll go for Ainz FRA, if it even matters anymore

It was a cash item that allowed for resurrection at hardly any cost

Considering we have no set number, and no indication that it is infinite I also feel like one revive is the safest bet.

Also it's a cash shop item the devs wouldn't make money if they sold an infinite use revive item

Still, one revive is a really solid advantage, since you'd have a better idea on how to avoid what took you out in the first place.

Hell, that was Ainz's strategy in Tournaments iirc, lose the first round to get info, then go full blast second round

So... the conclusion? Still about half of the grace period left, but is it going to be easy victory or stomp? I feel like everyone is trying to avoid answering this question, somehow... I mean we did discuss this properly but no one ever gave a conclusive "yes, a stomp" or "no, not a stomp" yet.

Heres the thing

Bloodlusted Accel doesn't need to charge

He can just kick the ground and the sheer AoE and AP would kill Ainz as he's a glass canon from 20 meters away.

Sure Ainz attacks faster, but bloodlusted Accel attacks faster then you might think

Not sure if they're compareable, but Ainz's match with Strahd required Ainz to find a single room where Strahd revives in an entire country to win. This room was fitted with layers of anti-divination spells too, so almost impossible to find. That was not a stomp, so I say decisive win.

Yea. I am nearly 100% sure it's one-time use.

NeoSuperior said:
Resurrection + Greater Teleportation though?
If they would not let him keep his distance, then he would simply have to make his own space.

"ÒÇîGreater TeleportationÒÇì."

His field of vision immediately opened up, and the city spread below him. Under normal circumstances, he would not have been able to teleport to an unknown destination, but it would be alright as long as it was within line of sight. Having teleported one kilometer above the ground without any hesitation whatsoever, Ainz cast another spell.

When getting a little overwhelmed by Wrath, Ainz does indeed teleport 1 km in the air, so if he dies here I bet he would do the same thing

To add to that

While carpetbombing the area with attack spells was a valid tactic, that would be pointless. One could say that the objective this time round was to win in a full-powered contest with the opposition.

As Ainz's fight with Wrath was basically a big show, he had to forgo more valid tactics like he states above. Also he was basically trying to lose and fake his death, so he wasn't just gonna nuke Wrath like that.

But here, he would absolutely carpet bomb the area. Assuming he died, he would want to put even more distance than usual between him and his opponent and end it safely.

This would be if he dies and doesn't get off Grasp Heart, at least I would assume that's what he would do

Also I thought this Accel couldn't reflect magic? Or did that change at some point in the thread?

I know

I'm just saying that if Ainz did ressurect he would be dead from his actions afterward anyway

Back