• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator vs Ainz Ooal Gown [Rematch]

Ainz has an ability that let's him delay spells and he has worked out how to time it exactly so that they activate the moment timestop ends. What sort of reaction speed does accelerator have? can he even reflect magic spells that induce death in this key?

The cons for pre-headshot Accel in this battle is: Speed is equal, too much distance, directionless magic, and IC. If this was bloodlusted we'd likely see Accel immediately start off with a long-range gimp but since it's IC he'll likely dick around before he gets death'd. He can still reflect magic in this key but it doesn't interact with his field properly and would just divert around him, but against directionles magic that auto-delivers itself inside the target I don't think it matters.

This battle is unironically with the jobber-key of Accelerator along with being IC, doesn't make it a very good match up now that I'm aware of Ainz abilities. He does, but this is pre-headshot who has never once encountered those vectors. I wouldn't be surprised if NT22 Accel could reflect the death magic with Qliphah's help but this Accel is gonna job hard.

>Speed equalized.

You do know Accelerator without his speed is just a normal human, right? If he can't use his vectors to accelerate then he has to run.

Accelerate420 said:
>Speed equalized.
You do know Accelerator without his speed is just a normal human, right? If he can't use his vectors to accelerate then he has to run.
With Speed Equalized both have Supersonic speed iirc

EmperorDoom25 said:
Accelerate420 said:
>Speed equalized.
With Speed Equalized both have Supersonic speed iirc
Then the problem lies in IC Accelerator. He wouldn't immediately go for the kill and would shoot a warning shot first, in which, if it's IC for Ainz, he'd get death magic'd immediately.

If it's bloodlusted then he levels the entire arena right at the start and wins unless Ainz magic can take effect first. Then again Pre-headshot would probably lunge rather than AOE at first, or send a supersonic rock at Ainz to interfere with whatever magic is being cast and then do an instant kill lunge. Bloodlusted is more fair because this Accel would be more willing to close the gap immediately.

It's more faster at a 20 meter distance? Accel would be able to close the gap immediately so unless those spells are instantaneous and require no timelag then Ainz is getting gimped. But if it is instantaneous with no lag then the answer is Ainz.

Ainz doesn't time stop in character

But that doesn't matter because anything he does kills accel since accel is gonna job as hard as gilgamesh here

Then the answer is there, unless Accel AOE's immediately which pre-headshot probably is not smart enough to do, it's either Ainz wins or both take eachother out with the AOE. Likely Ainz. Pre-headshot continues to be the jobber key.

Yea, honestly, seeing that Accelerator's in-character approach will likely do him in more than Ainz's own passive approach, I think Papa Bone Daddy should take this handily as well.

Yes, I voted.

Could this be a stomp? Does Accel even have a victory condition? Would one touch by Accel be able to kill Ainz by bursting out his bone marrow or something?

He has no victory condition except for leveling the entire arena which would in-turn take himself out by proxy, producing an incon. He has moves that could produce and incon since they'd both take eachother out, but without remote vectors and bloodlusted he loses. This key of Accelerator jobs because he only really knows how to lunge at an opponent or just stand still and reflect.

NeoSuperior said:
Could this be a stomp? Does Accel even have a victory condition? Would one touch by Accel be able to kill Ainz by bursting out his bone marrow or something?
Absolutely

I don't think Accel's AoE would be very effective due to Ainz's Greater Teleportation. But in theory it would be able to wound him, just as touching him directly would. Ainz just wouldn't let that happen. So no stomp. Ainz FRA.

He'd have to teleport as the entire continent is exploding, so unless he can hop continents with teleportation that won't help much. But Ainz still wins against this key.

It means he attacks in the strongest manner he can because he wants them dead. He'd lead with a lunge or that. If he wouldn't do that in bloodlusted, you might as well take the stat off entirely because he'll never do it with that logic. Anyways, I'm not derailling with this. That's all.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Except, that's not how bloodlust works...? Going for the kill doesn't mean he attacks in the biggest AoE he possibly can.
For some reason on this site bloodlust doesn't mean wants the kill. It means uses their best stuff instantly

Accelerate420 said:
It means he attacks in the strongest manner he can because he wants them dead. He'd lead with a lunge or that. If he wouldn't do that in bloodlusted, you might as well take the stat off entirely because he'll never do it with that logic. Anyways, I'm not derailling with this. That's all.
Bloodlust should still lead to an action to take the win, not a suicide attack like that that would only lead to an incon at best. And because there is no prep, so he doesn't know about Ainz.

I'd assume if you're bloodlusted, you wouldn't care what it takes to win even if it meant ruining yourself. Kinda goes with the term 'bloodlusted'. But I'm not here to debate terms, so I'll leave it at that.

That would imply likely any matches where the character strongest move implies killing themselves, it's gonna end in inconclusive if it suceeds, or they lose if it doesn't.

Accelerate420 said:
I'd assume if you're bloodlusted, you wouldn't care what it takes to win even if it meant ruining yourself. Kinda goes with the term 'bloodlusted'. But I'm not here to debate terms, so I'll leave it at that.
Incon is a tie, not a win. So a suicide attack would be disqualified from "what it takes to win". So "what it takes to win even if it meant ruining yourself" would only work if the "ruining yourself" part did not consist of dying yourself, but instead something like getting crippled, temporary power loss, or even permanent power loss.

Also some characters actually need to buy time to activate their "strongest attack" so such a case exists too. That's actually kind of the case with Ainz who, I think, needs to survive 12 seconds for his TGOALID to trigger after casting it. Though I am not entirely sure if the survival part is neccessary or if it activates even if Ainz died in the meantime.

Back