• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About The Presence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basilisk1995

VS Battles
Retired
I have never read a page of american comics so I am completely illiterate on this so I did some search and what I found seemed weird.

The Presence wikipedia page.

The Presence DC database page.

The Presence ACF wiki page (see Translation).

In all of those pages it is stated that The Presence is the supreme being of DC Comics and thus and ACF wiki rated him as Tier 0.

Now, I read the notes on our The Presence's page. We rate The Primal Monitor as the supreme being of DC Comics but on wikipedia, dc database or ACF wiki there is no page or even a mention of The Primal Monitor.

If an expert on this could clear it to me I would be greatful.

I'm no expert but iirc, Primal Monitor was so bamf that he didn't even know the DC multiverse existed. As for any knowledge other than that. Try this thread . Maybe it can give insight. I get my knowledge from vs threads as well anyway, though I do so with a bucket of salt.

According to said thread, we can't really tell how they are different or how they are the same. They seem to have the same base story of being unknowing of the multiverse at the start.

The primal Monitor considers the entire DC continuity as a bacteria in his body. Anti Monitor, Presence, Lucifer Morningstar, Mxy etc. all are nothing to him.

Presence was formed by external forces, he's not the supreme God of DC. There can be many higher dimensional beings in a single story, presence is up there along with the Great Evil Beast in DC

Okay looks like nobody understood my question (my fault). I am gonna rephrase my question.

I read everything there is on our The Presence and The Primal Monitor page also the thread Gemmysaur linked. I am not doubting our rating. I am just confused.

DC database should have people who would have encyclopaedic knowledge on DC Comics. I am sure they have people who knows everything there is to know about DC Comics. Why do they accept this mistake and rate The Presence as the supreme being? Why does Wikipedia accept the same mistake, why does ACF wiki accept the same mistake and why none of them have a page on The Primal Monitor???

Don't say that "You should maybe ask these questions there". What I want is if you happen to know their explaination or if you're expert enough to take a guess then please leave a reply.

I might just ask DarkLK and A6colute why The Presence is Tier 0 on ACF wiki while the evidence is clearly against it.

Idk what ACF is but Wiki is not the most reliable sauce since it is user edited. Regarding DC Database, which one? The wiki? Or the DC-owned website (if they have one, of which idk)?

I meant the DC wiki. Even if it is user edited you can clearly see that page is locked. Our wiki is also user edited. What we know must be known by the people at DC wiki, they must have some serious experts on DC Comics. I wonder why they would allow this type of mistake on such an important page. DC wiki is far more advanced than ours. So, they must have some reason or explaination for this. I wonder does anyone know it.

And ACF wiki is DarkLK's wiki for vsbattles only in russian language.

DarkLK has stated several times that he and his staff only oversee the anime-related parts of the ACF wiki, whereas the games and comics sections are unreliable.

The only thing that we have to scale the Presence by are Michael Demiurgos and Lucifer Morningstar, who are both High 1-C.

In addition, the Presence has stated himself that he is not supreme, but was shaped by external forces, and he was recently killed by an unknown metal inserted into his body.

By all appearances he only seems to be Low 1-B at best. However, I do not have control over other sources such as Wikipedia or the DC wiki, and they tend to have much lesser standards for supposed "omnipotence" than we do.

Okay, understood. But do you have any idea why they won't have even a page for The Primal Monitor?

I have no idea. Maybe they simply call it something else? It has several titles after all.

The Primal Monitor is like the manifestatin of the writer. I don't think it's actually a character, so they don't put it on the wiki. And he doesn't appear in many stories as far as I know.

No, as far as I understand, the Primal Monitor is the background that makes all forms of existence, and all concepts and ideas possible. The symbolised blank canvas itself.

I have now expanded on the clarifications for both of the profiles in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back