• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unification of DC cosmology by applying the omniverse concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supreme beings
GOD-Level:The overvoid/The Original Presence, The source and The Great Darkness.
HIGH-Level:The Cosmic raptor, the hands, the Chronicler.
MID-Level:Imps 5D, Monitor nil, Sphere of the gods.
LOW-Level: Physical beings.
Perpetua, she is the personification of creation and the first creator of DC multiverse

There is infinite multiverses beyond the source wall, the multiverse contains metaphysical beings and physical beings.
DC has 6 layers/plane/dimension of existence:
•The first dimension is the point [0-D]
•The second dimension is the line [1-D and 2-D]
•The 3rd dimension is material [3D to Infinite-D]
•The 4th dimension is Time [not the spatial dimension but metaphysical realms]
•The 5th dimension is imagination [abstract dimension]
•The 6th dimension is impossibility [The highest plane of existence]

Dc comics have an infinite multiverses with different stories[in the greater omniverse], separating the cosmology based on the omniverse is more logical and in line with the current dc storyline.
Respect for other writers, rather than separating them based on author.
Because in some cases, each author of a different cosmology participates in the same story/same cosmology.

The Realms like the silver city, the dreaming is part of the 4th layer/plane/dimension, it is part of the creator of the omniverse, namely the Hands race

Does anyone agree? let's discuss

I don't think that Perpetual embodies Creation. Also, the “first Creator” adheres to being the first maker of that Creation and its timeline, not that she was the first of her species.

I don't think that Perpetual embodies Creation. Also, the “first Creator” adheres to being the first maker of that Creation and its timeline, not that she was the first of her species.
Yes she is indeed the first creator in her cosmology, but there is no other proof of her race being creators who preceded her.
But for me it's okay
She created all the concepts in her creations using the energy from the presence

The 6th dimension is the creation of the original presence, in fact.

Perpetua

What do you think about this unified cosmology based on the omniverse/greater multiverse?

Yes she is indeed the first creator in her cosmology, but there is no other proof of her race being creators who preceded her.
But for me it's okay
She created all the concepts in her creations using the energy from the presence
Yes, her race may not have proof of predating her but it also applies to her as well. She was the first maker of the main Multiverse. We've seen from Mar Novu's statement that they all came around the same time and the other Creations’ Creators had already died while she decided to preserve her existence.
The 6th dimension is the creation of the original presence, in fact.
There’s no direct proof of this.
Perpetua

What do you think about this unified cosmology based on the omniverse/greater multiverse?
Each Creation is the same. There's no greater Creation than one another and they all likely came around the same time.

I also wouldn't consider 4D as a Metaphysical realm. Time doesn't run on belief or magic, it just is the flow of the past, present, and future. It goes with the notion of space-time(3 spatial dimensions + 1 dimension of time).

We've seen from Mar Novu's statement that they all came around the same time and the other Creations’ Creators had already died while she decided to preserve her existence.
Yes i understand it
There’s no direct proof of this

I also wouldn't consider 4D as a Metaphysical realm. Time doesn't run on belief or magic, it just is the flow of the past, present, and future. It goes with the notion of space-time(3 spatial dimensions + 1 dimension of time).
I know but this not literaly spaces/layers of phsycal

The proof:
5Dimension exist outside the multiverse

4Dimensions isnt spatial or temporal dimensions, timestaeam is outside normal space and time
3rd dimension contains all material space like infinite higher dimensional space
So, 2 dimension is line [1 dimensional space and 2 dimensional space]
1 dimension is point [0-dimensional space]
Scoot isn't stupid, he's smart. They unite cismology in the right way, with 6 layers of existence that are not ordinary layers of space
Each Creation is the same
Yes, they are is the same

Outside the conventional Multiverse called the Orrery which is local. It's not outside the totality of the Multiverse.
I don't think that's talking about the fourth dimension.
I don't know what material space is supposed to mean. I do get what you mean but it's saying beings from higher dimensions than three visit it. It doesn't talk about it containing higher dimensional spaces.
So, 2 dimension is line [1 dimensional space and 2 dimensional space]
1 dimension is point [0-dimensional space]
Scoot isn't stupid, he's smart. They unite cismology in the right way, with 6 layers of existence that are not ordinary layers of space
That's not how it works. Two line vectors form a line segment and etc…The Databook doesn't actually go over it properly and it wasn't written by Scott.

Outside the conventional Multiverse called the Orrery which is local . It's not outside the totality of the Multiverse
Did you not read it correctly? Isn't it said that the extradimensional is divided into 2, outside the multiverse and inside the multiverse?
I don't think that's talking about the fourth dimension.
Read again, the bleed and monitor sphere are in 4 dimensions, the map is 4 dimensions according to the comic, not physical dimensions
I don't know what material space is supposed to mean. I do get what you mean but it's saying beings from higher dimensions than three visit it. It doesn't talk about it containing higher dimensional spaces.
Because material only exists in the 3rd and higher dimensions, that's why they put the 3rd dimension as a place that contains infinite higher dimensions
That's not how it works. Two line vectors form a line segment and etc…The Databook doesn't actually go over it properly and it wasn't written by Scott
Normally it's not like that, but the dimensions in DC are different, he has said in interviews, on Twitter and even in databooks that dimensions are layers of existence, not spatial dimensions.

Did you not read it correctly? Isn't it said that the extradimensional is divided into 2, outside the multiverse and inside the multiverse?
The Map is the totality of Creation. The Fifth Dimension is the blood “of” the Multiverse as imagination is everywhere. The Orrery is commonly referred to as the Local Multiverse. As Scott tells us the Source Wall is the final layer before entering the Greater Omniverse.
Read again, the bleed and monitor sphere are in 4 dimensions, the map is 4 dimensions according to the comic, not physical dimensions
The Monitor Sphere does have a dimension of time. However, Superman's eyes have nothing to do with it. It briefly changed to green and red before and yet we see him being back to normal despite being in higher realms. It's just a design feature, not really something too useful to gauge.

As for the Bleed, that exists also within the Orrery which organisms in said Orrery experience time because they live in four dimensions.
Because material only exists in the 3rd and higher dimensions, that's why they put the 3rd dimension as a place that contains infinite higher dimensions
Dimensions are not always physical and higher dimensions follow some theorem. It's common for it to be higher than 3D thus they can't be limited to 3D if they are higher than said concept.
Normally it's not like that, but the dimensions in DC are different, he has said in interviews, on Twitter and even in databooks that dimensions are layers of existence, not spatial dimensions.
Wiki goes by spatial as the story highlights 3D as perfectly as how mathematicians described it, which goes also for 4D. The “layers” part isn't to say each dimension is a layer on top of another. It highlights how existence is layered which 3D(the first three spatial are experienced at a lower level of reality compared to 5th and 6th).

016.jpg

The Map is the totality of Creation. The Fifth Dimension is the blood “of” the Multiverse as imagination is everywhere. The Orrery is commonly referred to as the Local Multiverse. As Scott tells us the Source Wall is the final layer before entering the Greater Omniverse.

The Monitor Sphere does have a dimension of time. However, Superman's eyes have nothing to do with it. It briefly changed to green and red before and yet we see him being back to normal despite being in higher realms. It's just a design feature, not really something too useful to gauge.

As for the Bleed, that exists also within the Orrery which organisms in said Orrery experience time because they live in four dimensions.

Dimensions are not always physical and higher dimensions follow some theorem. It's common for it to be higher than 3D thus they can't be limited to 3D if they are higher than said concept.

Wiki goes by spatial as the story highlights 3D as perfectly as how mathematicians described it, which goes also for 4D. The “layers” part isn't to say each dimension is a layer on top of another. It highlights how existence is layered which 3D(the first three spatial are experienced at a lower level of reality compared to 5th and 6th).
Extradimensional meta-phsycaj beings is a higher beings

Ignoring the facts, the multiverse is said to be the 4th dimension, the 5th dimension does not exist in the map, the 5th dimension is outside of time, that means this 4 dimension is not physical as a whole, in fact bleed is the substance of living in the orrery and it is void-space but in 4Dimension

You don't understand the concept DC uses, do you think the first dimension is a point?
I've read DC a lot since its early days. I very do understand the concepts and I have kept up with it as well as Marvel. From what I've read of the Snyder Metal series, yes the first dimension is a dot as the Imp literally explained it as a “stupid dot.”

I've read DC a lot since its early days. I very do understand the concepts and I have kept up with it as well as Marvel. From what I've read of the Snyder Metal series, yes the first dimension is a dot as the Imp literally explained it as a “stupid dot.”
Yes that's right, the first dimension is points. meaning not dimensions like 0,1,2,3,4 or more. But dc uses it in a different way, namely layers of existence. If it's the physical layer, the 3rd dimension is not material, but depth. The 2nd dimension is not lines but height and width

Material dimensions also exist in higher dimensions, moreover the multiverse is stated to have 2 extra-dimensional beings, within the multiverse and outside the multiverse.

So multiverse is 4-D.

Yes that's right, the first dimension is points. meaning not dimensions like 0,1,2,3,4 or more. But dc uses it in a different way, namely layers of existence. If it's the physical layer, the 3rd dimension is not material, but depth. The 2nd dimension is not lines but height and width

Material dimensions also exist in higher dimensions, moreover the multiverse is stated to have 2 extra-dimensional beings, within the multiverse and outside the multiverse.

So multiverse is 4-D.
I, more so, see it as Snyder's interpretation of dimensions. He doesn't have to say depth to illicit a plane(3D) or point(0D). However, I just think some dimensions aren't so much physical and they are contained but not mentioned within the story.

I, more so, see it as Snyder's interpretation of dimensions. He doesn't have to say depth to illicit a plane(3D) or point(0D). However, I just think some dimensions aren't so much physical and they are contained but not mentioned within the story.
Ok, btw i want to ask you, where do you think the higher physical dimension is located, if not in the material dimension/3 dimensions, then where?
Because dc has 2 physical and non-physical 5th dimensions?

Ok, btw i want to ask you, where do you think the higher physical dimension is located, if not in the material dimension/3 dimensions, then where?
Because dc has 2 physical and non-physical 5th dimensions?
I would maybe consider anything outside the Orrery as potential higher planes. Higher dimensions would still have to be within the Orrery as each dimension keeps rising up, at least to the 12th Dimension of M-Theory. The rest probably is scattered across the unknown Multiverse as opposed to the Orrery being the known local Multiverse.

To be High 1-B, you need something along the lines of infinite spatial dimensions akin to a countable infinity.

Last edited:
4D itself is a temporal dimension though “time” in DC is treated as an abstract concept.
Yes, time in dc is different than other fiction or science.o
Do you agree with a combined cosmology based on the omniverse? Because as far as we know, other the hands create their own omniverse/greater multiverse/multiverse.

Actually, the words multiverse, universe, omniverse can have different meanings depending on the context

Yes, time in dc is different than other fiction or science.o
Do you agree with a combined cosmology based on the omniverse? Because as far as we know, other the hands create their own omniverse/greater multiverse/multiverse.
No, I don't agree. I was just helping to point out some things that can expand on your theory without dwelling too far from what the stories actually say.
Actually, the words multiverse, universe, omniverse can have different meanings depending on the context
Yes, it does depend. Though, to me, it's pretty much the same in how it is used. Greater Omniverse is very distinct from just the Multiverse but calling the Multiverse, an Omniverse, isn't technically wrong.

No, I don't agree. I was just helping to point out some things that can expand on your theory without dwelling too far from what the stories actually say.
Whats wrong with concept of the omniverse?
The hands created a different omniverse, a different sphere of the gods, a different physical multiverse and may not have a monitor sphere.

Moreover, there are 3 very different Lucifer stories

It has to be coherent and it actually must form a continuity without contradictions.
Too easy, but before that, you have to accept the fact that 4D/time is not a temporal/spatial dimension.

DC has 6 dimensional layers, where the first dimension is just point [0-Dimensional space].

Second is line [ 1Dimensional space and 2 dimensional space]

Too easy, but before that, you have to accept the fact that 4D/time is not a temporal/spatial dimension.

DC has 6 dimensional layers, where the first dimension is just point [0-Dimensional space].

Second is line [ 1Dimensional space and 2 dimensional space]
That’s not how it was described and not at all what I got from reading it.

That’s not how it was described and not at all what I got from reading it.
4D is described as metaphysical by scoot snyder, bleed is also part of 4D.
Timestream part of time but time that transcends time, hypertime is TIME.
DC book guide, explains that 4 dimensions is a metaphysical realm.

So higher dimensional space is in 3 material dimensions, because the dimensions in dc are not dimensions in general.

4D is described as metaphysical by scoot snyder, bleed is also part of 4D.
Source?
Timestream part of time but time that transcends time, hypertime is TIME.
Time has levels as does anything. As for Hypertime that was an addition after what was already established by Morrison and Snyder. I doubt they had the intention of it making it “all time” and not more so “possibilities.”

4D is still a dimension. DC treating Time as an abstract concept does not disregard what space-time as a concept is. The basis of everything.
DC book guide, explains that 4 dimensions is a metaphysical realm.
No, it really didn’t. Even then Guidebook are meant to be taken with a grain of salt.
So higher dimensional space is in 3 material dimensions, because the dimensions in dc are not dimensions in general.
Sure you can argue they’re not default but there’s nothing really saying there higher dimension with 3 spatial dimensions that demonstrate quality as oppose to quantity. Dimensions can overlap and take space within a certain distance as point but they do not entail higher dimensions unless the statements are direct that those has a qualitative relation with each spatial dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back