• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've been reading the current DC comics cosmology page for a long time
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Cosmology

But I'm confused about the Vertigo cosmology section because, I saw the justifications only taken from pre-black label DC vertigo comics aka only stuck to Sandman overture and I never saw the justifications from black label DC Vertigo comics?, considering that this is an expanded version of the previous Vertigo comic featuring new developers and concepts. like the new Timothy Hunter, the origin story Lucifer was changed from initially being the embodiment of will Yahweh to becoming the embodiment of darkness itself aka he is the great darkness that is the opposite of light (Yahweh), etc.

Last edited:
considering that this is an expanded version of the previous Vertigo comic featuring new developers and concepts.
I wasn't part of the cosmology split project, but if I had to guess, it's because the cosmologies are distinguished by their authorship primarily, not necessarily the storylines they're best connected with. From a quick wiki search, it doesn't sound like black label has garnered much discussion as a distinct entity, so a merger hasn't really been rejected, just never attempted. Above all, you'd likely need to ensure that any contradictions between black label and the original Vertigo are reconcilable. For instance:
the origin story Lucifer was changed from initially being the embodiment of will Yahweh to becoming the embodiment of darkness itself aka he is the great darkness
I get the feeling a difference like this would actually undermine an effort to merge Vertigo with the rest of black label.

I wasn't part of the cosmology split project, but if I had to guess, it's because the cosmologies are distinguished by their authorship primarily, not necessarily the storylines they're best connected with.
No problem I'll wait for the people involved revision project DC cosmology, but the black label story setting has continuity with pre black label.

I get the feeling a difference like this would actually undermine an effort to merge Vertigo with the rest of black label.
I don't understand at all why it's hard to put this together, what's more DC rebooted every character in the pre-black label comics with the dreaming situation being suddenly broken by an anomaly.

That's why when Matthew explored various alternate worlds through dreaming, he found a new Lucifer, a new Timothy Hunter, even the previously only 2 residents of Dreaming (House of Secrets and House of Mystery) instead had 1 more resident, namely the House of Whispers.

I've been reading the current DC comics cosmology page for a long time
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Cosmology

But I'm confused about the Vertigo cosmology section because, I saw the justifications only taken from pre-black label DC vertigo comics aka only stuck to Sandman overture and I never saw the justifications from black label DC Vertigo comics?, considering that this is an expanded version of the previous Vertigo comic featuring new developers and concepts. like the new Timothy Hunter, the origin story Lucifer was changed from initially being the embodiment of will Yahweh to becoming the embodiment of darkness itself aka he is the great darkness that is the opposite of light (Yahweh), etc.
That's because their multiverse is different, but exists within the omniverse, where the omniverse contains the infinite multiverse, The cosmological division is no longer relevant, because the story is clear enough and the origins of things are better explained.

That's because their multiverse is different, but exists within the omniverse, where the omniverse contains the infinite multiverse, The cosmological division is no longer relevant, because the story is clear enough and the origins of things are better explained.
That's has no connection to the crisis cosmology (let alone the omniverse) nor do I address continuity issues across all DC stories, My main point here is clearly to question issue continuity between pre black label DC and black label DC.

That's has no connection to the crisis cosmology (let alone the omniverse) nor do I address continuity issues across all DC stories, My main point here is clearly to question issue continuity between pre black label DC and black label DC.
Because the omniverse is the answer, dc comics are declared canon, everything is canon. Yahweh, lucifer is only in the sphere of the gods. The story of Lucifer has 2 different versions, This means that the Lucifer comic is in a different multiverse than the main dcu [52 multiverse] and the multiverse is in the DC omniverse that Perpetua created. Neil geiman sandman was mentioned in the multiversity event, if you read it, it says that the comics in their world are [fiction] but reality is in another world

The story of Lucifer has 2 different versions, This means that the Lucifer comic is in a different multiverse than the main dcu [52 multiverse] and the multiverse is in the DC omniverse that Perpetua created
DC vertigo has no connection to the omniverse or metal events, let alone Lucifer in black label comics (it is very clear that he is The great darkness itself which is the opposite of light (Yahweh), as in comic swamp thing saga written by Alan Moore.

And please don't out of topic this thread.

DC vertigo has no connection to the omniverse or metal events, let alone Lucifer in black label comics (it is very clear that he is The great darkness itself which is the opposite of light (Yahweh), as in comic swamp thing saga written by Alan Moore.

And please don't out of topic this thread.
He's not TGD, he's TGD's puppet, TGD was there before all, Yahweh wasn't even DCU's god, They are only in the sphere of the gods, they are weak

He's not TGD, he's TGD's puppet
I'm sure you have never read comic Lucifer (2018) so you make claims like that.

First, In comic Lucifer the devil at heart very clearly states that he is a the great beast itself (another name for the great darkness) and in next panel he erases his name from book of destiny which results in him being erased along with Yahweh where, without any darkness (Lucifer) then there would also be no light (Yahweh) running every framework in book of destiny.

Even Lucifer also stated that devoid of his light (Yahweh) he is the shadow that defined his light.

8416212-rco015_1566420714.jpg

Second, in comic Lucifer vol 3 #11 other forms of Lucifer himself are also shown which are different such as serpents, blind man and even the hand of The great darkness itself which is similar to its first appearance in swamp thing saga vol 2 which has been confirmed by Watters on his Twitter.
8416029-uf7vwbt.png

So stop making useless small talk about the topic of this thread.

I'm sure you have never read comic Lucifer (2018) so you make claims like that.

First, In comic Lucifer the devil at heart very clearly states that he is a the great beast itself (another name for the great darkness) and in next panel he erases his name from book of destiny which results in him being erased along with Yahweh where, without any darkness (Lucifer) then there would also be no light (Yahweh) running every framework in book of destiny.

Even Lucifer also stated that devoid of his light (Yahweh) he is the shadow that defined his light.

8416212-rco015_1566420714.jpg

Second, in comic Lucifer vol 3 #11 other forms of Lucifer himself are also shown which are different such as serpents, blind man and even the hand of The great darkness itself which is similar to its first appearance in swamp thing saga vol 2 which has been confirmed by Watters on his Twitter.
8416029-uf7vwbt.png

So stop making useless small talk about the topic of this thread.

You're messing up cosmology, you don't even understand the story. You also don't even understand what external force is.
Read this: https://vsbattles.com/threads/dc-upgrade-to-h1b-l1a-1a.162214/post-6252116

How u even denying? there a WoG shawg
Whats? Lucifer in the 2018 comic can die in the mind of the wizard if the wizard dies, Lucifer dies because he erased his name in the book of destiny, Yahweh is not almighty because his plan did not reach the void.
Yama=yahweh
They are only in the sphere of the gods where we know, the gods are not only Yanweh there, there are Brahma, Egyptian gods, Norse gods and others

Hello everyone, I agree to separate cosmology but in the right way. When will the blog update be finished? I waited too long

Hello everyone, I agree to separate cosmology but in the right way. When will the blog update be finished? I waited too long
I don't believe it is necessary, as Continuity contains everything, the Omniverse as well. All cosmologies can coexist and be composed.

I don't believe it is necessary, as Continuity contains everything, the Omniverse as well. All cosmologies can coexist and be composed.
I know it, but they couldn't understand the plot, they didn't follow the changes that were happening, DC even integrated Vertigo, wildstorm like Sandman and new imprint like younganimal [fnal heaven] into DC Comics and declared it in the databook, but they didn't accept it. Their ignorance makes me sick of uniting DC Comics on this site

Eu sei, mas eles não conseguiram entender o enredo, não acompanharam as mudanças que estavam acontecendo, a DC até integrou Vertigo, Wildstorm como Sandman e nova marca como Younganimal [fnal heaven] na DC Comics e declarou isso no databook , mas eles não aceitaram. A ignorância deles me deixa cansado de unir a DC Comics neste site
What remains is to wait for the system update and try again. Ultima, for example, has already confirmed that the current Flash is 1-A. He himself will try to organize DC from what I know.

Back