• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is the Presence weaker than a literal middle schooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Presence is stated to be the ultimate being and creator god of all of DC Comics and Vertigo, which I assume also includes its spin-offs

so then why is he put under the likes of Supergirl from Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade?

Supergirl is also an entity that exists in DC Comics, albeit from a different series, but it should still all be connected via the Presence, no?

I know very little about the DC Comics Cosmology but I at least know that at first glance, this doesn't make much sense

If my question is valid, then can someone here make a CRT to buff the god tiers of DC?

It seems as if a High 1-C element existing in any DC property does kind of tell us that the creator of the DC multiverse should scale. Unless that 8th grade thing is emphatically non-canon to all of DC, which seems a bit unlikely.

Don’t bother trying to take the current state of DC seriously on this site. The profiles for almost all of the characters(especially the cosmic ones) are outdated and inaccurate, the current scaling takes into account less than 0.1% of DC stories, and the cosmologies scaling is basically entirely headcanon due to this nonsensical thing we’re doing of treating all DC stories as basically creator owned, despite this not being how DC works, and arbitrarily allowing only a certain few stories written by different writers to scale to one another.

DC cosmology has been split with 3 different authors on this wiki, which is why many of DC characters (especially their cosmic entities) experienced major downgrade from High 1-A and 1-A to 1-C and Low 1-C.

Because the wiki is biased against DC.
Don’t bother trying to take the current state of DC seriously on this site. The profiles for almost all of the characters(especially the cosmic ones) are outdated and inaccurate, the current scaling takes into account less than 0.1% of DC stories, and the cosmologies scaling is basically entirely headcanon due to this nonsensical thing we’re doing of treating all DC stories as basically creator owned, despite this not being how DC works, and arbitrarily allowing only a certain few stories written by different writers to scale to one another.
the presence's profile is literal ass rn
we working on it
All of you, enough. Your complaining about the current state of DC is less than productive.
@Deagonx @Elizio33 @Antvasima

the current scaling takes into account less than 0.1% of DC stories
Presumably you're complaining about the cosmology split, but the vast vast majority of DC profiles have no connection to cosmology. It's obviously for the best that we do not mish-mash unrelated stories to pretend there's a unified cosmology in any sense just so that we can have a higher tier on a handful of profiles.

Presumably you're complaining about the cosmology split, but the vast vast majority of DC profiles have no connection to cosmology. It's obviously for the best that we do not mish-mash unrelated stories to pretend there's a unified cosmology in any sense just so that we can have a higher tier on a handful of profiles.
Yes, agreed.

Is it fine if we close this thread?

I don’t know what your first sentence is trying to suggest. I also think treating these stories aa unrelated is just a blatantly false thing to say. All canon DC stories literally take place in the same setting, under the same continuity, featuring the same characters that have mostly interacted with each other. This is by every standpoint pretty much the opposite of a bunch of “unrelated stories” like you’re claiming. So If anything, I think labeling all these canon stories as unrelated to one another and treating them in some sense as creator owned all because we’re concerned about “higher tiers” is definitely not for the best.

So If anything, I think labeling all these canon stories as unrelated to one another and treating them in some sense as creator owned all because we’re concerned about “higher tiers” is definitely not for the best.
Indeed, you've made that position known several times in the past, and it was not accepted by the staff for good reason.

Yes, agreed.

Is it fine if we close this thread?
Yes, I'll do so now.

We already had very extensive discussions about this previously when talking about our new cosmology page that we spent over 2 years of (rather slow) work to produce.

That said, as far as I have understood, the revisions have not been applied very well yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back