• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Seismic Toss

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../Seismic_Toss--Two_Calcs_and_a_Joke_(Pokemon)

"See the move Sky Drop, another move where you hoist your opponent far into the air.

That move has a weight limit where the move fails if the target Pokemon surpasses it. Said weight is 200 kg.

Seismic Toss does not have that limit.

So that means it can lift Pokemon above that, but to be safe, the only end I am going to be calculating it with 200 kg. For all of the calcs (yes, me calculating KE is not just going to be for the low end of the BR Seismic Toss)"

but then

"100 kg*10,221,000^2 = 1.0446884e+16 joules or 2.5 Megatons of TNT - Small City level. "

Dammit Cal >_>

so actually putting the right numbers in

200KG*10,221,000^2 = 2.0893768e+16 joules or 5 Megatons of TNT - Small City level+ "

So, all second stage pokemons are Low 7-B+

I heavily disagree with using the game attack animation in this case due to it being contradicted in every other medium. Literally, never does a Pokemon go into outer space when using this skill.

The fact that this "leaving the earth and coming back down" is never shown anywhere else, nor does the description support this. Hell, other media, the whole "planet" is more of a symbolic thing and not a literal thing. I am going to find our last discussion on this because I am sure Matt and I think Kepe agreed with.

Something that is contradicted by all other supporting sources. The game animations for Seismic Toss has no backing to it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Something that is contradicted by all other supporting sources. The game animations for Seismic Toss has no backing to it.
Games >>> Anime and Manga in terms of importance in this matters

All 3-D games+Revolution show Sesimic Toss as throwing the pokemon in space

in the rest of the game animations you either can't tell what is happening or it shows the pokemon throwing the planet/flipping it

so, no, it's not contradicted.

Anime and Manga are also used as supporting feats. If we can use those sources to support the games, we can also uses them to contradict them. It's not a one way street Overlord. You can't pick and choose when the anime or manga do not come into play when it's convenient. Also, way to over-exaggerate the importance of each medium.

However, I dont understand why we scale to this speed when nobody is shown reacting to that.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Anime and Manga are also used as supporting feats. If we can use those sources to support the games, we can also uses them to contradict them. It's not a one way street Overlord. You can't pick and choose when the anime or manga do not come into play when it's convenient.
Except, thats exactly how supporting canons work Dragon and this is always how they have been treated here for any verse.

Supporting canon is only accepted if it doesnt contradict the primary canon. If it does contradict it, we dont accept it. Simple as that. It's literally impossible to use supporting canons to deny primary canon feats as we never accept them if they contradict the primary canon in the first place. Case by case basis. We only accept what doesnt goes against.

@Dragon

Main serie games are primary canon

Spin offs games are secondary

manga and anime are thirdiary

Lesser important material should never take importance over primary one.

Seismic Toss is almost always potrayed in the anime and manga in a completly different way than the games and that doesn't even fit the move's description as a " gravity-fed throw", so it should discarded,

Also EVEN if wanna go that route, it was once shown like that in the anime too

@Kukui

Except in this instance every single source outside of the games contradict this. Nothing ever supports this feat as legitimate here. We aren't just going to ignore every on screen instance of the feat out of convenience. Now we are going to ignore the anime? Especially when the games and anime go hand and hand when it comes to protraying Pokemon attacks. Nothing supports this attack animation at all.

@Overlord

Please tell me where this came from. Do we have a blog explaining Pokemon Canonicity and how it's treated? Also, so now Seismic Toss is Gravity Manipulation? Also, I love how you blatantly ignore context and didn't bother to actually research your point. Cal himself brought this up in the last thread, did you read it? It was debunked hard.

Brawly's hariyama didnt reach that high when using seismic toss. The world drawn is just an artistic choice. Same thing happens when Charizard uses seismic toss.

Also, I love how we give Pokemon a list of Primary, Secondary, Tertiary canon, yet these files are composite by nature, meaning everything is used regardless.

@Dragon

Pokemons games matter much more than the anime, because they are the source the anime is created from

Disproving something via that is as dumb saying that Dark Area digimons shouldn't be infinite speed because they are constantly shown as not that in the anime

Alos i am not reading trought a 400 comment long thread

Dawn's Piplup has a Low 7-B feat, if it's considered on the level of second evos

Seismic Toss isn't getting thrown out because Dragon finds this instance of attack animation to be too much for him. He also shouldn't use the "inconsistent with the anime" argument.

I love how people love to bring Digimon into a Pokemon thread when they know jackshit about what they are discussing.

1) Funny you say that as they are about to be revised soon regardless.

2) There is actual lore and reasoning by our rules on Void feats.

3) Funny you bring up Digimon seeing as we analyze the portrayals of the anime, manga and games to make sure the stats are right. Or did you just conveniently skip that part?

The real cal howard said:
Seismic Toss isn't getting thrown out because Dragon finds this instance of attack animation to be too much for him. He also shouldn't use the "inconsistent with the anime" argument.
How about how these Composite files have an animation that is inconsistent with both the anime and manga. Only the games show this, and it's not something that's part of a description or lore.

Schnee One said:
Can we have one Pokémon thread that doesn't go to shit for one goddamn time

I swear what is it with Pokémon having so much infighting?
Simple. Inferiority complex to Digimon's reign.

...I'm not kidding. That's entirely my reason.

...okay maybe I am kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back