• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Seismic Toss

Status
Not open for further replies.
One suggestion, considering that part of this discussion still has to do with the Pokémon canon, I think it would be a good idea to direct this issue to a discussion of its own since even though this has been discussed several times a solution has never been made to exclude this issue (Whether in the form of a blog or information included on the franchise page).

There are multiple verses that use attack animations as feats, inFAMOUS included

Ex makes sense.

"These are your exact words Dragon."

I love how you ignore the context of the entire thread. I love how you twist my quote to mean something it does not. I said I found the composites to be dubious when we are blatantly throwing out other sources when it's inconvenient.

"That they weren't dubious at all. Looking to villify? Im not looking to do anything except call out a double standard when I see one and thats exactly what you were doing here. One moment, you argued in support of Pokemon canon being treated like this, and now later you're making a 180 for the sake of this current argument. "

This is blatant twisting my words to create a narrative. I agreed with everything being canon. However, if you read EVERYTHING in this thread instead of blatantly ignoring context to create the worst possible interpretation in order to vilify. This is blatant slander as you are calling me a hypocrite while falsly twisting my words to create a narrative. When have I said "oh I disagree with the Pokemon series being a multiverse and everything being canon?" Not once. I said I disagree with how the canon is currently being treated. As in discarding and different interpretations of a technique outside of the games. Now tell me when have I contradicted myself?

"Not to mention, saying "i'll happily put Pokemon as the main discussion" is making this look much more like you making the discussion solely to tackle into pokemons use of supporting canon specifically instead of the wikia's generalized standard on how we apply it to all verses."

Yes, because Pokemon currently is the main offender. This has nothing to do with me by a hypocrite. Pokemon will indeed be the main thing brought up in my thread, doesn't mean I wonder discuss anything else.

"Sorry if this is coming off as rude, but this is how exactly im seeing this pattern to be Dragon."

What pattern? You are using a thread from 2017 to vilify my 2019 self when I have shown the same opinion once before this thread in 2018. This comes off as slanderous with you blatantly trying to damage my character which is the lowest thing you can possibly do Kukui.

Executor N0 said:
One suggestion, considering that part of this discussion still has to do with the Pokémon canon, I think it would be a good idea to direct this issue to a discussion of its own since even though this has been discussed several times a solution has never been made to exclude this issue (Whether in the form of a blog or information included on the franchise page).
I strongly agree with this, as I might've before, but the problem more so is that "unofficially" its been universally accepted that everything in Pokemon is canon in one form or another because of it being a Multiverse where its canons are intersected. But because nothing is officially put on paper, people keep questioning this back and forth.

So I strongly agree with making a blog for this. Preferably when Cal gets back to being on here regularly.

Honestly Executor is the one making the most sense imo, I'm still neutral with the seismic toss scaling however this thread needs to go back on topic (or at least get paused if the Pokémon canon needs to be revised).

TriforcePower1 said:
^

I agree that Seismic Toss should be legit. If secondary canon contradicts the main one, we ignore the secondary canon. Otherwise we would have FTL Naruto by now.
I was actually going to bring this up at some point but changed my mind on it.

Guys let's calm down. I don't want my short time to have Internet be corrupted by negativity.

I mean, normally I'm all for aggressiveness but let's not make Pokemon look any worse than everyone already thinks it is (which frankly pisses me off more than any downgrade)

Frankly I'd rather have 9-B final forms than Pokémon keeping the reputation as the more controversial Digimon, especially given people assume it's only the supporters who make it toxic.

That's because it is

99% of Pokémon shitstorms are the cause of infighting

Even Bleach and Naruto are the results of rivalries and big in fighting.

Schnee One said:
So much for you can't change your mind or opinion without reason.
And I do have a reason for it: To not get off topic from this thread. Like I already did when mentioning the gag verses as part of my argument

So to clear this up for you, yes I did have a reason. But nice try.

I was perfectly fine until my character was attacked for no reason. I am not going to sit calmly when someone is slandering me. The moment that happens, prepare for a shitstorm.

Schnee One said:
That's because it is

99% of Pokémon shitstorms are the cause of infighting

Even Bleach and Naruto are the results of rivalries and big in fighting.
"Infighting" with heavy air quotes. I recall very few times getting uppity with Overlord or Drite or Kukui, who are the Pokémon supporters. The normal people who I argued with are not part of that in-group in the same sense that my outbursts in 2016 over Digimon wouldn't be called Digimon infighting.

And I'm not talking dirty about anyone I argued with with that.

Literally everyone in history has a reason for changing their opinion Kukui, especially over the course of two years

You questioning what Dragon said regarding his opinion change and changing your mind on the same thread no less is silly at best and hypocrites at worst

I've said multiple times in the past, almost all conflict when it comes to Pokémon threads comes. From. You.

I even said this long ago, and sm felt like I was being too harsh and sent you an apology message

But, you kept going despite this.

>I was perfectly fine until my character was attacked for no reason.

I didnt attack your character Dragon, and even then I genuinely feel bad about it, which is why im not replying to that long reply you made to me for the sake of not making this thread any worse than it already is. Im not attempting to make you out to be the bad guy here or anything like that.

I only called you out on doing something that I believed was wrong and double-standard worthy for reasons that you've already read. I really am sorry that it came off as disrespectful to you, that wasnt my intention.

Your intention wasn't to attack someone's character, but you called them a hypocrite,

That does not add up.

I'll accept your apology, but I took that as a pure attack on my character for no reason. You went after me, called me a hypocrite and claimed me to be wishiwashi (pun intended) on my views to fit my narrative by using a thread from 2017 and twisting my opinions on the matter or just flat out confusing them as my issues with the composites are by no means comparable to the 2017 thread. So yes, I was very insulted and felt very disrespected. This isn't the second time this has happened when I went against Seismic Toss either.

@Schnee One

Yeah but it becomes a different story when its argumentive based. I dont have a problem with people shifting gears on a topic from their perspective, but when its done out of nowhere and has no justification for why its done, that raises eyebrows in my book when you were someone who had supported one stance and just suddenly goes against it at the last second.

That would be like saying it wouldnt be strange if Cal suddenly believed no one in Pokemon was above 5-B. Quite obviously people would want to know why such a consistent pokemon supporter would change opinions like that. So its only natural that I would find it strange for Dragon to do the same thing.

Well, i agree with Dragon on that subject. It is problaby a style choice of showing a "cool" thing, since it is never menshioned that it does that

What do you mean "Done out of nowhere"? Everyone has a changing opinion or statement or stance, plus, Dragon had more then enough to say regarding reasoning.

Cal saying it would be weird, but given reasoning for it, I would accept that, and be rather proud of it because it shows Unbias.

Only the recent 3-D games use that animation too. Also, since gen 1 comes first, we should use the High 5-A end

The Animation in the older games MAY be depicting the pokemon being lunched to space too, since the background becoming dark blue, but it's too abtract to really understand what's happening

Overlord775 said:
The Animation in the older games MAY be depicting the pokemon being lunched to space too, since the background becoming dark blue, but it's too abtract to really understand what's happening
I don't see how that can be interpreted that way

Of course you'd accept that because, if Cal were to ever say that, he would actually explain his reasoning for it and not just claim it. Dragon didnt initially give reasoning for why Pokemon canon's treatment is dubious at all. Other than maybe saying "you can't use supporting canon for one thing and not another" and this isnt a pokemon issue. It's an issue for the wikia's standard of supporting canon. And that leads us to what was said here and in his new thread where arguments have been made against it.

Either way, what I mean by "done out of nowhere" is that if you make a considerable effort to argue a stance, and you just suddenly disagree with it without justifying why you disagree with it, it's going to clearly come off as strange to the people who were involved, such as myself.

Though the name in Japanese being Earth Throw could mean something, actual visual proof and/or description about it needs to be prioritize IMO

Immediately jumping to the conclusion they have no reasoning for it is Dubious at best, at least try to ask for an explanation before going "Hypocrite"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back