• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Wick potential upgrade

So personally I think that John Wick should be upgraded to Small Building (if not then a "far higher" section to his page with this feat). I don't think this is all that accurate, but in the end of Chapter 3, John survived a huge fall.

John survived 4 gunshots, and Winston missed the fifth one. But since John was wearing a bulletproof vest, I won’t count it, so lets scale his fall, beginning with the first part.
John made his first bump around this part. As we know, Keanu Reeves is 6′1 feet long, and 175 pounds, and in this direct shot (the first shot) we can imply that the fall takes around 4 Keanu Reeves, therefore, we can conclude that the first bump John took was a 24 feet fall.

So lets scale the fall. To calculate the force of an object falling from a certain height, we can use the conservation of energy formula. The formula is E = mgh, where E is the energy, m is the mass of the object, g is the acceleration due to gravity constant (9.81 m/s²), and h is the height the object falls from. Using this formula, we can calculate the energy of the object falling 24 feet with a mass of 175 pounds. First, we need to convert the height from feet to meters, which gives us 7.3152 meters. Then we convert the mass from pounds to kilograms, which gives us 79.3787 kilograms. Finally, we plug in the values into the formula and get E = (79.3787 kg) x (9.81 m/s²) x (7.3152 m) = 5,956.9 joules. To calculate the force, we need to divide the energy by the distance over which the object slows down. According to a mathematician, an object falling on your foot stops in about half a cm or a quarter inch, what with skin and bones that flex a little. Therefore, we can assume that the distance over which the object slows down is about 0.5 cm or 0.1969 inches. Dividing the energy by the distance, we get the force of the object falling 24 feet with 175 pounds to be 30,266.7 newtons or 6,804.8 pounds of force.

Now let’s convert that into kilograms of TNT. To convert 6,804.8 pounds of force to kilograms of TNT, we need to use a conversion factor. 1 pound-force is equal to 3.24048266810261E-07 kilograms of TNT. Therefore, we can multiply 6,804.8 pounds-force by the conversion factor to get the equivalent amount of kilograms of TNT. 6,804.8 pounds-force x 3.24048266810261E-07 = 2.206 kgTNT. So, 6,804.8 pounds of force is equivalent to 2.206 kilograms of TNT.

1 kgTNT can obliterate a small car, and John’s fall here exerted more than twice the amount of that.

Alright, lets calculate the next fall. In this part, John fell way shorter than last time, but hit something with a material clearly harder than the last, I would say it being Iron.
We can estimate that this fall took around 2 Keanu Reeves, so the fall took 12 feet.

We can use the conservation of energy formula to calculate this. The formula is E = mgh, where E is the energy, m is the mass of the object, g is the acceleration due to gravity constant (9.81 m/s²), and h is the height the object falls from. Using this formula, we can calculate the energy of the object falling 12 feet with a mass of 175 pounds. First, we need to convert the height from feet to meters, which gives us 3.6576 meters. Then we convert the mass from pounds to kilograms, which gives us 79.3787 kilograms. Finally, we plug in the values into the formula and get E = (79.3787 kg) x (9.81 m/s²) x (3.6576 m) = 2,853.7 joules.

To convert 2,853.7 joules to kilograms of TNT, we can use the conversion factor of 1 joule = 2.3900573613767E-7 kilograms of TNT. Therefore, to convert 2,853.7 joules to kilograms of TNT, simply multiply 2,853.7 joules by the conversion factor: 2,853.7 J * 2.3900573613767E-7 kgTNT/J = 0.000682 kgTNT. Thus, 2,853.7 joules is equivalent to approximately 0.000682 kilograms of TNT.

I have absolutely no idea how to calculate the iron thing, so lets move on!

John’s next fall was this. Judging by his height and the setting, this should be around 3.8-4 Keanu Reeves

I would say it would be around 3.5 due to the fact John is slightly tiled in this part and the fourth circle clearly has a bit of cutting to it. So we can conclude that this fall is 21 feet.

To calculate the force of impact when something with 175 pounds falls 21 feet, we can use the formula F = m * g * h, where F is the force, m is the mass of the object, g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2), and h is the height of the fall. First, we need to convert the mass of 175 pounds to kilograms, which is 175 pounds / 2.205 = 79.4 kg. Next, we can calculate the force of impact as follows:

- F = 79.4 kg * 9.8 m/s^2 * 21 feet = 24,447 N

Therefore, the force of impact when something with 175 pounds falls 21 feet is approximately 24,447 Newtons. And 24,447 Newtons is equivalent to approximately 5,498.8 pounds.

To convert 5,498.8 pounds to kilograms of TNT, we can use the conversion factor of 1 pound of TNT = 4,184 joules. Then, we can use the conversion factor of 1 kilogram of TNT = 4.184 megajoules (4.184 * 10^6 joules) So it goes to something like this

-Convert pounds to joules: 5,498.8 pounds * 4,184 joules/pound = 22,998,259.2 joules

- Convert joules to kilograms of TNT: 22,998,259.2 joules / 4.184 * 10^6 joules/kilogram of TNT = 0.00549 kilograms of TNT

Concluding it, 5,498.8 pounds is equivalent to approximately 0.00549 kilograms of TNT.

Finally, we have the last fall.

Not much to say but I estimate this is two Keanu Reeves just by the gist of it, and as calculated before, it is around 0.000682 kilograms of TNT.

Now we shall simply add it all up, and get our result

0.00549+0.000682+2.206+ 0.000682=2.212854. This is my first time calculating something so I could be horrendously wrong, if so I'm sorry, but anyway, I feel like this was worth mentioning.

you said John Wick is boundless on quora so your goofy therefore no

Jokes aside wouldnt this fall under outlier?

also was this calc accepted? as i see alot of things wrong with it and its very much just kinda eyeballing it

I have no idea what you are trying to do here.

First off, we can't use pounds of force like that unless we are certain of the displacement, falling heights you would normally use KE or PE.

The height falls I can tell you right off the bat, just by eyeballing, won't wield anything higher than Street level+.

So the 9-A calcs are instantly bunk.

Jokes aside wouldnt this fall under outlier?
Probably not considering that John had this same effect multiple times during the franchise. He has a tendency to survive long falls. Plus he's wearing a bulletproof vest if that means anything.

Probably not considering that John had this same effect multiple times during the franchise. He has a tendency to survive long falls. Plus he's wearing a bulletproof vest if that means anything.
gotchya. ima re calc this later when im free

I have no idea what you are trying to do here.

First off, we can't use pounds of force like that unless we are certain of the displacement, falling heights you would normally use KE or PE.

The height falls I can tell you right off the bat, just by eyeballing, won't wield anything higher than Street level+.

So the 9-A calcs are instantly bunk.
So a realistic calculation would only be street level using KE or PE? Ight. I'll try recalculating it later.

Don't think calcs are gonna be needed since you can eyeball most of the feats and account for the car roof dampening his fall (As do the multiple breaks in the falls, painful as they may be), and then line them up with the Reference for Common Feats page (Assuming surviving falls from stories is mentioned).

i got around 5597.444736000001 joules (not sure where that scales as i cant open AP link due to school!) and he was also apparently wearing a bullet proof vest so that may take away from his durability (for him hitting that first roof) im not an expert so this is probably wrong

i got around 5597.444736000001 joules (not sure where that scales as i cant open AP link due to school!) and he was also apparently wearing a bullet proof vest so that may take away from his durability (for him hitting that first roof) im not an expert so this is probably wrong
Can you give me your calculation to come to that conclusion

Don't think calcs are gonna be needed since you can eyeball most of the feats and account for the car roof dampening his fall (As do the multiple breaks in the falls, painful as they may be), and then line them up with the Reference for Common Feats page (Assuming surviving falls from stories is mentioned).
Well I could be wrong but by comparison to the Reference for Common Feats page, shouldn't it logically be Wall level at bare minimum?

Keanu is 6,1 his leg should be about 1,7 using this image as a reference for it. as his leg 62 px while full body was 222 px. so simple division i got roughly 1'7. then the distance of the foot in the image you showed was roughly 22 px. so 22 px=1'7. the distance from the first platform and his leg was around 175 px(?) and with some more simple math. get roughly 2.7 m(?) put it in this bad boy and math

Well I could be wrong but by comparison to the Reference for Common Feats page, shouldn't it logically be Wall level at bare minimum?
If you can show he falls 20 meters bare minimum and survives (His weight is stated to fluctuate from 79-84 kg according to Google), sure. Splat calculator gives out those values.

If you can show he falls 20 meters bare minimum and survives (His weight is stated to fluctuate from 79-84 kg according to Google), sure. Splat calculator gives out those values.
I'll come back later with a new calculation hopefully with the help of my friend.

The bullet-proof vest is only to block bullets, but it'll still be extremely painful, and it's not good at resisting blunt force impact at all, especially considering he also lands on his head and feet numerous times (Which aren't protected to begin with). Armor deformation from blunt-force trauma still exists.

It's like this. Level 4 body armor will stop penetration of black-tipped .30-06 bullets, but the energy transfer and fabric bulging as a result will absolutely knock you out from the battle with broken ribs because of the energy transfer. That's what battle rifle ammo is designed for, full penetration isn't necessary, KO'ing a soldier to the point of needing orthopedic treatment is the goal.

Back