• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The long awaited and great Pokemon upgrades

bump. I wanna get this through already lads. If anyone's got anything else to say then say it already.

Apparently Hop wanted to say something.

But if Hop takes too long, we've got two staff approving your proposal, so we're likely good to go.
To be fair, while Hop was out, most of what Hop wanted to interject with was actually addressed in prior posts when Hop read up on it. No disputes from Hop personally. But be patient Hop is not the only input you may be waiting on. Also,

"First off, it's damn clear that pokemon who are 2nd stage would scale above unevolved ones. There are two options:

1. Make them scale just above 1.45 mgt
2. Make them scale to 2.9 mgt via scaling above cubone with thick club"

Hop prefers the first option. Canonically Pokemon of the same species can differ wildly, so being more restrained is more fair to Hop.

To be fair, while Hop was out, most of what Hop wanted to interject with was actually addressed in prior posts when Hop read up on it. No disputes from Hop personally. But be patient Hop is not the only input you may be waiting on.
Fair enough. I wouldn't say there's a lot of people interested in this thread that haven't expressed themselves already, or are taking time off the wiki.
"First off, it's damn clear that pokemon who are 2nd stage would scale above unevolved ones. There are two options:

Hop prefers the first option. Canonically Pokemon of the same species can differ wildly, so being more restrained is more fair to Hop.
I see. In actuality, the second stages got a feat of their own through that Dragonair exploding a city, and we're planning on making all 2nd stages scale to it.

Hop probably read it above, but considering the Dragonair was not trained for battle, and was likely Level 54, our profiles' second stage pokemon should scale above said Dragonair, as they're Level 100, with perfect IVs, and full 6/252 EVs.

To be fair, while Hop was out, most of what Hop wanted to interject with was actually addressed in prior posts when Hop read up on it. No disputes from Hop personally. But be patient Hop is not the only input you may be waiting on. Also,

Ok. I didn't rush ya i just wanted to end it at one point since no nation benefits from prolonged warfare if you know what i mean.

Anyways we're now scaling the pokemon who are 2nd stages to 7-B due to reasons that charmander just provided. It was agreed upon by everyone after thorough consideration.

If others are fine with Small City and City first and second stages then I am too. Some of the calcs do seem a bit iffy but the feats and already accepted calcs that support the tiers should suffice.

It also just looks much nicer

Welp, again, I really believe we're just good to apply the changes (good luck @Arceus0x, you're in charge of that),
but let's wait until tomorrow to see if any more inputs are gonna pop up.

I would like to organize at least a small work force so we can actually get the changes through.
I'll be doing the main part (gen 1-2 are gonna be mine at the very least) but I'll need some help since we have hundreds of profiles to edit, not to mention the new annoying system of changing tiers (we'll have to make the whole {{7-B}} instead of ''7-B'' thingamajig

Bump

I am thinking of making another CRT or rather a CRT+discussion combo. It will be about stamina and intelligence for specific species of pokemon. Certain conclusions need to be made so we can fully apply both the new tiers and the new standards.

I would like to organize at least a small work force so we can actually get the changes through.
I'll be doing the main part (gen 1-2 are gonna be mine at the very least) but I'll need some help since we have hundreds of profiles to edit, not to mention the new annoying system of changing tiers (we'll have to make the whole {{7-B}} instead of ''7-B'' thingamajig
Bump

I am thinking of making another CRT or rather a CRT+discussion combo. It will be about stamina and intelligence for specific species of pokemon. Certain conclusions need to be made so we can fully apply both the new tiers and the new standards.
We good to go. I'm editing on phone, so slightly unreliable, but since I just have to edit justifications and tiers, it should be fine.

Quote some other participants (don't tag, quote) so we can split up the work.

Like i said I'mma do another CRT so we don't have to go over all profiles again adding intelligence and stamina rating.

It is also more complex that just changing justifications. I'll explain everything later today

Like i said I'mma do another CRT so we don't have to go over all profiles again adding intelligence and stamina rating.

It is also more complex that just changing justifications. I'll explain everything later today
Honestly should've done it all in a single thread, but since this one's approved, you can just cite this thread in the new one

This feat could probably be used as a supporting evidence since bunch of Magikarps survived the "Valor lake" explosion caused by team galactic without any damage as shown in the Pokemon Diamond game :
8356732-img_20220204_010014.jpg

Or do you guys think it's an outlier ?

This feat could probably be used as a supporting evidence since bunch of Magikarps survived the "Valor lake" explosion caused by team galactic without any damage as shown in the Pokemon Diamond game :
8356732-img_20220204_010014.jpg

Or do you guys think it's an outlier ?
Not an outlier but that's mostly due to inverse square law would probably drop it down to like 9-B.

About the lake feat, we kinda fought over it for a bit with Charmander but there's a way better thing. See, this feat also happened in the manga and the lake there was WAY bigger (like a few miles). I think I'll try to make a calc of the bomb but idk how to apply the square law to it.

Find where the bomb went off, find where a magikarp was from where the bomb was.
That's basically the only complicated part.
After that you just slap it in the inverse formula, multiply by half a Karps' surface, and there ya go.

Find where the bomb went off, find where a magikarp was from where the bomb was.
That's basically the only complicated part.
After that you just slap it in the inverse formula, multiply by half a Karps' surface, and there ya go.
I mean you can literally find magikarp anywhere by fishing so max lowball would likely be the bottom of the lake

Yeah i think I'll break my mind trying to figure out the depth of the lake. Using the minimum depth of 10 would already make Magikarp way too op

Back