• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About God Tier Pokémons...

I've been looking into the discussions but couldn't find any specific thread about this:

Okay, the LORE determines God Tier pokémons like Arceus are Multiverse Level. Gamewise, a well trained Caterpie can tank it. However, how do we explain it storywise, 8A or 7A pokémons being able to defeat it? Are there specific circunstances that allow the trainer to defeat (and even capture) such transcendental beings?

GlaceonGamez471 said:
The reason regular Pokémon can harm the God tiers ingame is because of Game Mechanics.
I'm aware of the game mechanics concept. But I suppose the trainer manages to beat him somehow, in a canonical way (not with a Caterpie, of course). Wouldn't this imply ANY pokémon has the potential to become as strong as a God?

If any non-god tier Pokemon were to (theoretically) beat a god tier it likely would be considered an Outlier and not be usable in a versus battle perspective, but yes it opens up theories to potentially God-tier level regular mons.

GlaceonGamez471 said:
If any non-god tier Pokemon were to (theoretically) beat a god tier it likely would be considered an Outlier and not be usable in a versus battle perspective, but yes it opens up theories to potentially God-tier level regular mons.
Outlier is new to me, I wasn't aware of this concept. Thanks for your feedback!

I also wonder how these Gods can be trapped inside mere pokéballs, since they can blow entire universes. xD

As said in the game, only their physical form can be trapped, but it reduce their power. It's why Cyrus used the chains.

The only Legendaries that have had canon fights without holding back (and by canon I mean not optional) are Groudon, Kyogre, Kyurem, and Necrozma. Everyone else either held back/were testing you or we didn't need to encounter them. Sometimes both.

Also given I skipped Gen 6, idk if Xerneas and Yveltal we're testing you or were on a rampage.

still though, what about red chain dialga and palkia from diamond and pearl. thats still a tier 2 feat by the protags starter right?

Like Neo shown, the legendary just test you most of the time.

Also it's more an outlier or PIS than anything else.

and again regardless of them holding back that dialga and palkia was still destroying the multiverse so ur point is invalid

Any normal pokemon beating a legendary one is an outlier because of all the lore and stuff.

you have yet to point out how its an outlier, "normal pokemon" yeah 100% trained starter ofc it makes sense and in each game u usually fight/catch a legendary stop

gen 1: beat mewtwo gen 2: suicune gen 3: the primals gen 4: creation trio gen 6: aura trio (zygarde excluded: gen 7: u literally beat ultra necrozma

Gen 1: Red doesn't have to fight Mewtwo

Gen 2: Every Legendary (the beasts and the tower duo) is testing you and not using their full power

Gen 3: Outlier

Gen 4: Testing you

Gen 6: Unsure

Gen 7: Not even the Tapus could stop Solgaleo, let alone Elio and Selene.

Asriel77 said:
so by this wikis logic we should downgrade the mystery dungeon grovyle since its a "regular pokemon"
Mystery Dungeon Grovyle is far from a regular Pokemon. Tier 2 is consistent for endgame/post-game protags in PMD Explorers

"red doesnt have to fight mewtwo" red throughout several sources still fights him >manga

>generations

>game (choice)

Yeah, and?

Literally god>>>>>>>>>>>>>random Pokémon

There's no point of contention there. This ain't SMT. You don't go from fighting the creator of the multiverse to getting shit on by Cynthia. It's an outlier of hilarious proportions.

GyroNutz said:
Asriel77 said:
so by this wikis logic we should downgrade the mystery dungeon grovyle since its a "regular pokemon"
Mystery Dungeon Grovyle is far from a regular Pokemon. Tier 2 is consistent for endgame/post-game protags in PMD Explorers
ok so where is evidence on there being non consistent legendary fights in the games?

The real cal howard said:
Also given I skipped Gen 6, idk if Xerneas and Yveltal we're testing you or were on a rampage.
The MC in XY faces a Xerneas/Yveltal weakened by the ultimate weapon that wants to be captured to help to defeat Team Flare, yet the MC can't really debilitate the legendary Pokémon.

Asriel77 said:
ok so where is evidence on there being non consistent legendary fights in the games?
It's not up to us to prove a negative. Besides, this argument has nothing to do with PMD Grovyle and vice versa

so cal you have no true evidence/ proof of there being any outliers of characters inconsitently beating legendary pokemon with their trained starters. also did i mention god? no where is arceus brought up I BROUGHT UP LEGENDS LISTEN

"you dont go from fighting the creator of the multiverse to getting shit on cynthia" whos to say the champion of sinnohs pokemon cant beat them? ever thought of that?

Palkia's the one with the 2-B feat. Palkia is still literally god. Same with Giratina and Dialga. Pokémon who have feats at mountain level aren't multiverse level.

AGAIN I DONT SEE ANY OUTLIERS HERE. all i see are excuses to why trained pokemon cant be upgraded to tier 2 becase people are biased against it.

dialga has a 2-B feat in diamond aswell as he was distorting time and collapsing everything. their feats are basically the same, one just distorts dimensions to collapse everything and one distorts time

>pokemon who have mountain level feats arent multiversal except they do have multiversal feats they defeated the creation trio

Doesn't change my point. Both are the creators of the multiverse. And they can't be trained to the level of god. If any Pokémon can be trained to that level, then why aren't every Legendary tier 2 when a random Butterfree can get there with a month of training if they have decades to hundreds to thousands of years of it?

Back