• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't say that a handgun is 9-B for eventually being able to break theough a wall. Iirc, Mr. Sandma got downgraded from 8-C due to over time stuff.

Btw, the pro-Dragon'a Cry side would have a point about the combined attacks if they destroyed Ishgar simultaneously, but instead, it's spread out over time.

This is a general statement and not a specific rebuttal to anyone.

I'm agreeing that the damage happens overtime, however Dragon Cry would be High 6-A due to being vasty superior to a High 6-B+ to High 6-A weapon

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Dragon Cry is stronger than Etherion by default, it has more magic, which means it's stronger, it just took that stronger power and spread it out over the distance of an entire Continent, I'm saying in total the full power is High 6-A, Not that it would one shot the Continent, but that it's vastly superior to a High 6-B+ to High 6-A weapo
See, that's incorrect too as I showed with evidence in my comment above. The statement about Etherion and Dragon Cry does not say that Dragon Cry is stronger than Etherion.

The actual statement in question states that "If Dragon Cry is unleashed, it would release magical energy dozens of times greater than an Etherion blast". Etherion only has energy for one country wiping blast while Dragon Cry has enough storage to wipe the continent. The issue is the application of that magical energy. As I have shown through statements and the actual on screen demonstration of Dragon Cry, Dragon Cry would apply that damage over time eventually, it does not do it in one go like Etherion does. Thus, Dragon Cry's AP is not 24 times Etherion's AP.

@DGMA. Etherion isn't High 6-B+, let alone High 6-A.

@IMade. Actually...I kinda side with DGMA on that one, or at least I believe in an interpretation that still makes Dragon's Cry >>>>> Etherion. It's pretty blatant that the statement is saying that DC'a magical energy >>>>> 6-B/High 6-B, and peeps are scaled to absorbing said magical energy.

MORE MAGIC POWER = MORE DAMAGE DONE

that is literally the most basic aspect of the verse Dragon Cry has a ton more magic than Etherion, that means that all of Dragon Cry's Power together is more powerful than Etherion by a large Marhin, meaning the AP is far Higher accumulated

Also Etherion is Now High 6-B+ to High 6-A now, we were using a wrong formula before and now we're using the correct one, which makes the values way higher

@Cal

Mitch made a calc today after the reveal of this thread that somehow conveniently upgraded Etherion to High 6-B+ and High 6-A possibly when using new Low-Ends, Mid-Ends, High-Ends and formula.

However, I still disagree because Etherion works by one massive blast that is even stated to wipe a country in one blow and that statement doesn't say Dragon Cry is stronger. Dragon Cry's actual displayed activation is solely multiple 8-A attacks being spammed across the continent. Nothing like Etherion. It would have more "magical energy" than Etherion as it's statement claims which is true since Etherion has the energy to wipe a country and Dragon Cry has the energy to wipe a continent, albeit done over time.

Theglassman12 said:
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
also More Magic = More Power, claiming this isn't true is a complete Denial about How the Verse works.beginning, all we can do is wait for a calc members opinion on the New Calc
Actually it's not always true. Fairy Heart is considered infinite magic, but only in the terms that it supplies the user with endless magic, it doesn't mean that it has infinite power.
Screenshot 20180903-140420
FH=infinite magic power

more magic=more power
That how the verse work(ft)

No that's now how it works, it's stated that it's a source of magic for others to use, as how they mentioned that anyone who got a hold of FH can use Etherion an infinite number of times without any stress.

Only thing I want to say, if Zesh released Dragon Cry's whole power in a single attack, assuming the whole "can destroy Ishgar" thing, he would just die himself via being near the center of the explosion. Whatever or not he CAN release that much power, I'm leaving it to others.

Well there's nothing saying that Dragon Cry has another method firing all it's storage at once. We have only Zesh saying that it rains down attacks and Zesh/Animus demonstrating Dragon Cry's "True Power" of raining magical blast all over Ishgar over time.

Like honestly, there is no evidence for any High 6-A AP from this. There isn't a statement nor feat to support it while we literally have a demonstration of Dragon Cry that shows it's multiple attacks over time.

And to tie it all up, the Etherion statement of being dozens of times greater than Etherion isn't even about AP. It's about the amount of magical energy, which is true since Etherion only has magical energy to wipe a country while Dragon Cry is enough to wipe Ishgar, except Dragon Cry isn't as fast nor as little attacks as Etherion.

I'm not a fairy tail guy at all, but from what I'm seeing, why is this being downgraded?

The Dragon's Cry thing is a magical source right? So the amount of AP that can be outputted at once and the form it's outputted is at the discretion of the user and the magic they use. Like, I can have a 5 GigaJoule battery that shoots many small electric sparks or one massive energy blast.

This scenario is pretty similar. And even then, the fact that in time, the result would be High 6-A and that a few characters are superior to Dragon's Cry's TOTAL power, they'd still be High 6-A.

Another example could be buckets of water. You can poke a bunch of holes in one bucket to get a steady stream of power, or you can take the other one and just flip it onto your target for maximum splash.

People saying that Dragon's Cry is only the activation of the magic circles and that it isn't High 6-A isn't taking into account how magic works in Fairy Tail. It's Malleable, you can change it's form and it's output. We wouldn't even be bringing up this conversation if this was Dragon Ball, since we see people create massive energy balls superior to their regular attacks.

That's not how Dragon Cry works. Dragon Cry's activation by different users of Dragon Cry both summoned Magical Circles that fired magical blast over the continent. There is no option of a singular concentrated attack of all the storage of Dragon Cry. There is no statement nor feat of it while we have two demonstrations of how it works showing it's multiple attacks over time.

>And even then, the fact that in time, the result would be High 6-A and that a few characters are superior to Dragon's Cry's TOTAL power, they'd still be High 6-A.

This isn't true and no one could prove this because Fairy Heart and Ravines of Time never interact with Dragon Cry. The only reason we said Fairy Heart and Ravines of Time were High 6-A was because Dragon Cry was High 6-A and Fairy Heart was stated to be the best magic of all, thus greater than Dragon Cry. However, since Dragon Cry is no longer High 6-A, then Fairy Heart and Ravines of Time would no longer as well.

There is nothing that says "Ravines of Times/Fairy Heart grants greater AP than all of Dragon Cry's storage fired at once". This is pretty asinine thinking.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
That's not how Dragon Cry works. Dragon Cry's activation by different users of Dragon Cry both summoned Magical Circles that fired magical blast over the continent. There is no option of a singular concentrated attack of all the storage of Dragon Cry. There is no statement nor feat of it while we have two demonstrations of how it works showing it's multiple attacks over time.
>And even then, the fact that in time, the result would be High 6-A and that a few characters are superior to Dragon's Cry's TOTAL power, they'd still be High 6-A.

This isn't true and no one could prove this because Fairy Heart and Ravines of Time never interact with Dragon Cry. The only reason we said Fairy Heart and Ravines of Time were High 6-A was because Dragon Cry was High 6-A and Fairy Heart was stated to be the best magic of all, thus greater than Dragon Cry. However, since Dragon Cry is no longer High 6-A, then Fairy Heart and Ravines of Time would no longer as well.

There is nothing that says "Ravines of Times/Fairy Heart grants greater AP than all of Dragon Cry's storage fired at once". This is pretty asinine thinking.
Did you just... ignore everything I said about magic being malleable? Dragon Cry is akin to a big battery. Just because two users used it the same way doesn't mean that the magic is rigid and stiff to be stuck like that. Dragon Cry is literally just the culmination of all the magic of dragons that Acnologia killed no? Why in the world would this magic be limited to just that? If the two users want more widespread destruction rather than one big blast, then of course spreading it over a continent will do more overall damage to society.

I think the problem with the way you're looking at things is that you seem to think that Dragon Cry is some sort of spell or spell-exclusive magic that can only be tapped by a specific spell. Why in the world should it be? It's a big magic power source. It's dragon magic! We see dragon magic be used for way more than roar attacks, we have punch-enhancements, pseudo-flight, fusing with other elements (Dragon-Lightning for Natsu), whip-like magic, and a lot more.

Uh what? Your second reply makes no sense to me.

Those two things you listed are just superior magic sources.

1000 Gigawatt Battery > 1 Megawatt Battery.

The total sum is superior to the lesser source's total sum. We HAVE instances where mages pour everything they got into one attack, why is this logic suddenly limited because we have big pools of magic to use?

Hey, I never insulted you man. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's automatically asinine.

@Akreious Did you just ignore everything I had said here when I explain over and over again that accumatively energy from barrage of Multi-City Block blast shot evenly across the continent won't gave you continent level ap?

Dragon Cry cannot become High 6-A because it can shot Multi-City Block across Ishgar at once. Accumatively energy from shoting Multi-City Block across Ishgar will be way less than the amount of energy needed to one shot Ishgar with 1 big explosion.

Captain Torch said:
Which is once again, why the multiplier is more reliable than the "destruction of Ishgar"
There are two reasons why this isn't solid either.

1) The actual feat of Dragon Cry does not show Dragon Cry being dozens of times greater than the AP of Etherion. Thus, the statement is faulty and not reliable.

2) The statement about Etherion and Dragon Cry does not say that Dragon Cry is stronger than Etherion.

The actual statement in question is as follows: "If Dragon Cry is unleashed, it would release magical energy dozens of times greater than an Etherion blast". Etherion only has energy for one country wiping blast while Dragon Cry has enough storage to wipe the continent. The issue is the application of that magical energy. As I have shown through statements and the actual on screen demonstration of Dragon Cry, Dragon Cry would apply that damage over time eventually, it does not do it in one go like Etherion does. Thus, Dragon Cry's AP is not 24 times Etherion's AP.

Hey I always wondered right....we don't know how strong is Acno but we do know about Dragon Cry right? so I always wondered....who is actually stronger? Sure Acno killed the dragons in 1v1 but but we don't know if he could take them all down w/ their powers FUSED together

Of course just a thought though 😂

Here's my question, in the middle of all of this.

I myself have no thoughts on the calc, although I personally think Kaiser Torch Etc. Make more sense

But how come we accept the movie as canon over say, memories of Nobody?

Not this again...Let's leave Bleach outta this please. Otherwise this will get off topic.

Either way I am neutral. Both sides make good points. Honestly, I will wait for more input. I may need to highlight here.

Mainly because the author stated it's connected to the main saga. Other minor things include the mentioning of a plot point of the movie in the sequel, it's extremely connected to the backstory of Acno and has a place in the timeline. I think there's more, but I guess this is enough.

Currently what being debated in here is. Do we need to use Etherion multiplier or not, because as I has explain over and over again. Accumatively energy from barrage of Multi-City Block blast shot evenly across the continent won't gave you equal energy than what it needed to one shot continent with one massive blast. Not even close even if you multiplier that energy 100 times.

But regardless from that. Current Tier and Calc for Dragon Cry is false since it assume Dragon Cry will destroy Ishgar with 1 massive blast, this is not what happened here becuase Dragon Cry will destroy Ishgar by bombarding Ishgar with barrage of Multi-City Block level blast.

Using the current calc with the multiplers and assuming total energy

Low End

• 7.2407942257636e+22 Joules x 12 = 8.68895307091632e+23 Joules or High 6-B
  • 7.2407942257636e+22 Joules x 24 = 1.737790614183264e+24 Joules or High 6-B
  • 7.2407942257636e+22 Joules x 36 = 2.606685921274896e+24 Joules or High 6-B
Mid End

• 9.65068820800776e+23 Joules x 12 = 1.1580825849609312e+25 Joules or 6-A
  • 9.65068820800776e+23 Joules x 24 = 2.3161651699218624e+25 or High 6-A
  • 9.65068820800776e+23 Joules x 36 = 3.4742477548827936e+25 or High 6-A

Although I heard the old calc is being replaced so the numbers are probably lower.

I personally think that IMade seems to make sense here, as we ideally scale statistics from the energy output of a single attack.

The only alternatives (from my limited knowledge of these sets of CRTs) are

• Scale God tiers to just be above Etherion. So 6-B to High 6-B
  • Scale it as the following: God Tiers (but not the dude who absorbed a fraction of the magic) > Fairy Heart > Total Amount of Energy Dragon Cry Has = Etherion x 24~

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
However, I still disagree because Etherion works by one massive blast that is even stated to wipe a country in one blow and that statement doesn't say Dragon Cry is stronger. Dragon Cry's actual displayed activation is solely multiple 8-A attacks being spammed across the continent. Nothing like Etherion. It would have more "magical energy" than Etherion as it's statement claims which is true since Etherion has the energy to wipe a country and Dragon Cry has the energy to wipe a continent, albeit done over time.
This.

The multiplier Idea is simple really, Etherion is stated to have Several Dozen times more Magic, which makes It at the very least 24x Etherion in power, because in Fairy Tail, more magic equals more destructive power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back